Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucking in a breath, he takes one last glance at the poem before just simply adding, "That's nice." Moving to take his own chunk from the fire, he starts to dig in as well. Oh it was fresh and he adored the taste. He hasn't been able to catch one of these quick animals in quite a while. They may fool most humans but he was able to catch the swift movements and track where he was going. With an easy and quick flick of his wrist, the boar gladly crumpled. Taking another bite, he wipes the juice from his chin before continuing to speak. He is sitting by the fire again with his sword at his side. "Your mother tried to kill your father? Why on earth would she do that? Isn't she one of your stuck up royals?" He doesn't believe her, glancing to the poem once more. "How could your father ever love someone who tried to kill him? I guess all that rolling on the ground did its use. Since your father must've fought back."

A man on a horse comes bounding to the camp. The horse spits and the cloaked rider pushes his clock over his shoulder. "Shadoweaver." He growls, the beast underneath him trampling right over the poem Lily placed there. "Here's your package. Remember, forth sunrise. At the bank." A single nod comes as a bag flies towards The Shadoweaver and he easily catches the sack full of clothing. "Yeah, thanks." He adds, a bit annoyed before throwing the bag to the side and stuffing the rest of the boar in his mouth. Chewing at the leanness, he soon swallows and rips open the bag, the mounted man easily behind the trees once again. Glancing back at Lily, he frowns at the destruction that the horseman made. "What an ass." He growls, "Well, your mother, yeah. Seems like someone I could actually get along with."

Chuckling at the thought, he throws her a dark green dress and shoes before grabbing his own brown pants and a dark red shirt. Pulling off his black shirt, he doesn't give her the pleasure of admiring his muscles as Tarin might. Soon the burgundy colored shirt is draped over his muscles and he moves right to his pants. Not even thinking, he pulls his boots off along with the black garments. Soon he has his black boots on and the tight brown pants. "I wont look, just change." He sits and looks back to the fire, "It's not like I haven't seen you naked before."

Before Lily could answer his questions, a man on a horse came riding over, nearly having the horse stomp on her as they stopped on top of the poem. Moving away from the horse, not trusting what the man would do, she watched as a bag was thrown to the Shadoweaver which she assumed to have their clothing inside of it. When they finished speaking to one another, Lily watched as the man rode off back into the trees before he gave her the clothes she would be wearing from then on. Getting a glimpse of his body while he changed was a little different than when she saw Tarin undress. She actually thought the Shadoweaver looked a lot better than the knight, but she wouldn't let him know that. "Even though you have, it doesn't bother me to undress in front of anyone really."

Getting up from the ground, Lily undressed from her clothes and pulled off her boots at a steady pace, not having to hurry for any reason. Picking up the dress and slipping it over her body, she straightened out a bit before putting her feet into the shoes that were brought for her. Remembering what they were talking about before, she answered some of the questions he had about her mother. "My mother was orphan, who became a thief as an adolescent and a leader of a squad of thieves with her being the only female. She didn't kill anyone before, so if she had done it, my father would have been the first for her. Stealing from those who had money to give to her squad or to those who were struggling with family problems." While speaking, she moved over to the fire more because of a cold wind that had grazed her. "Wanting to get an enormous amount of gold, she sneaked into the castle and made her way into my fathers' room. Remind you of anyone?" She joked thinking about how it was like for them. "My father always had the key to the room that held the money, when he awoke, he found my mother rummaging quietly through his room for it."

"You have to understand, my mother had never been caught before and when she saw the key hanging from his neck, she literally jumped on him for it. She fought with him for almost an hour with a dagger in her hand to kill if she needed to and for the first time in my mothers' life, she had been pinned down by someone during her time as a thief. No one outside the castle knew my father was a fighter, my mother found out the hard way. Afterwards, they kept seeing each other. Fighting almost every time they saw each other, until my father started to treat her like she was a woman and not like a guy. I guess you can say that is how my mother fell, but she told me because she was stubborn about her feelings it took them two years to finally be together." Finishing her story about her parents, Shadoweaver probably wouldn't believe that her father actually used to be a good fighter as well, but that all changed when her mother passed away.

The only person who could make it a challenge for him was her mother, but when she became ill, her father created a shell around himself that no one could penetrate. He locked himself in his room for months after her funeral and Lily assumed that's when everything changed for the Kingdom. Lily was only five years old when she lost her mother, but she learned a lot from her in those five years. Not really wanting to dread on the past, she looked towards the Shadoweaver, ready to go on the walk with him now. "What should I call you during this time? Shadoweaver is quite a mouthful, can I call you something else." She asked.

"If she were a god I would praise her on the spot." It's true that The Shadoweaver would have met many men and women who fight as he fights. For money of monstrous proportions, large enough to fill an entire room with the spoils. He too craves money but it's more of a second satisfaction. His first and foremost is to teach the Royal family a lesson. To his surprise, Lily is quite cooperative. He doesn't look away as she undresses, letting her image soak into his mind. It's almost in a fear that he may never see her again after this little stunt of his. The King will now keep the tightest of leashes on his daughter, knowing how venerable she is even with a guard like Tarin. That man is broad in shoulders, his muscles almost running from his body. The Shadoweaver at least has a form to him, not just a hulking mass of power.

He frowns at her story though, truly not believing a word Lily says. She is just trying to seek some sort of barrier breaker between them. Yes, it's all a part of her plan. One for which he won't be a part of willingly. Perhaps she is right and her mother -did- do those things. A large part of his being wants to cherish her words that even a rogue outlaw such as himself could ... strangely enough, find love. Once he started to kill though, it was like a disease. All attachments to the outside world were severed and he had to move from village to village as to not get caught. It's why after every large killing spree, he hides away in the water passageways beneath the groundwork of Celestial Kingdom.

Strapping his sword to his waist, outside, he straps the second belt, full of his daggers to his stomach. He never knows when he will need to use them. They'll be easily accessible and the baggy shirt covers most of the lines the set makes. "Do you have any interesting names?" Stepping forward, he grabs her arm and starts to walk with the sack in the other hand. "I normally go by Theo. A common and simple nickname but I'll give you the thrill, Princess, of coming up with another, less obvious strike as Quinn Weaver was." Moving through the trees, he keeps his ears open and even walks on the balls of his feet, practically pulling Lily along in his tight grip.

As they near a village, the smells of fresh goods as well as sour tidings arise through the trees. Coming to the clearing, The Shadoweaver can't think of another little hamlet he would like to show her. For these people are poor. Dirt poor. "And this is what your precious father does to his people." He growls, slipping his hand from her wrist and wrapping it around her waist. "Come, I'll show you -everything-. We are still far from any boarders. This is Celestial territory. Yet... look around you." Guiding a hand, she can see the run down shacks people live in. There are markets but the food has all spoiled from being out in the sun for too long. No one comes to such a distant village. The life itself around them seems to be sucked dry. "And does your father help them? No..." He twists her through the smelly town, showing her a real image of what this world is like. The world he grew up in. "And behold." He growls, making sure she is looking at the fragments of a house that has been burnt down. The black beams have collapsed inwards. In the front is a decree by the king himself. "Read it if you'd like." The Shadoweaver insists, pushing her towards the sign. "They didn't pay their taxes. But they -couldn't!-"

Walking out of the forest with him pulling her most of the way, she could tell from a certain distance, a odor of fresh and rotten goods at the very same time. When the village came into view, she was horrified by what she was seeing now. The people were not only poor, but they were weak from not being able to take care of themselves too much. Seeing the devastation of the village made her heart ache more and more as she took her around, seeing the children of the village made her heart slowly break with each one she saw. Walking more and more, he stopped her in front of a burned down house with only charcoal colored beams holding up whats left. A decree was posted upon it, with words written in her fathers' handwriting.

Turning away from the burnt home, Lily's eyes were closed and covered by her hand, staying in place without moving an inch. She couldn't stand to see a village like this in any way, but she couldn't do anything about it at that moment since she was taken away from a place where she could help. "Which village is this?" She asked, since she has never been too far from the castle in her life, but if it was where she thought it was then she wouldn't be able to handle it.

As they stand around, the sound of bare feet across the dirt path starts to sound behind them. A mass of skeletons, their flesh clinging onto their bones, now practically surrounds the two. They are not from here so naturally, the villagers want to know why they are here. The Shadoweaver actually feels his chest rise and fall in a victory, seeing Lily so distressed. She had to know the truth and this small town of Denalorie is the perfect lesson. His amber eyes look at the sign once more, knowing the seal stamped next to his name is genuine. He did this. "Now you're eyes are finally open." He whispers to her, glancing back over his shoulder when he feels a small tug on his pant leg.

A boy covered in dark brown splotches, the curse of living in this place, is there to meet his gaze. "Do... do you..." The boy starts to squeak out, his vocal chords straining upon every word, the dust and grime latching there. The Shadoweaver slowly unwraps his arm from around Lily's waist, knowing she won't run - she is in too much shock. And frankly, he knows that she knows better. He stares into the spark-less green eyes of the boy who can't be any older than five. He has a shirt on but it's ripped and covered in god knows what. He just starts to cough. The Shadoweaver's face stays as still a stone. His eyes are what show the sympathy for the boy, quickly looking up to the mass of people. He has no idea what to say - he has nothing... not with him.

As she stood there, Lily didn't want to be near anyone at that moment, but that wasn't going to happen since the Shadoweaver was keeping a close eye on her. Feeling his arm slip from around her waist, the sound of a small voice was heard. Opening her eyes and uncovering them, she looked down to see a little boy asking him if he had anything. You could see that he didn't have much with him, but there was something that she could give the boy. Remembering that they brought the bag with them, Lily dug through it and pulled out her clothes that she was wearing before. Because they were made of special fabrics, they were worth quite a bit. Kneeling down to the boy, she gave him her clothes before patting him on top of his head. "You can have these, it may not be much, but it's all we have."

Getting up from her knees, Lily wanted to leave this village now. Not even worrying about the Shadoweaver, she made her way back to the forest after getting pass the villagers, who had crowded around them. Lily never wanted something like this to happen to anyone in the Kingdom and now that she had seen that her father neglected a village, she knew there had to be more, but she didn't think he had to die for it. The Shadoweaver was taking things to extreme, thinking that killing her father would make the solution better without even thinking about the consequences that would arise once the King was dead. 'I want out of here, but I don't even know where I am.. All I hope for is that Tarin is alright and that no one comes close to where we are.' She thought as she made it back to the forest, waiting just outside them for the Shadoweaver to lead her back to where they were before.

Several miles away from them and the village, Rondell and group of knights he accompanied were setting up camp, after hearing about suspicious people in the area. He was worried about if his sister and Tarin were alright, if his sister was hurt in any way, blind rage would overcome him immediately. It had happened once before and it resulted in the attacker almost dying. He didn't enjoy having to do it, but as a brother, nothing could happen to Lily if he still lived.

Tarin slowly stirs, feeling the tight burn of a thick rope around his arms, legs, ankles. It's true that these men know what they're doing. He doesn't even think about struggling or making any noise. Indeed he has been a prisoner of war before and he knows exactly how to handle it. Keeping his head up, chin raised and voice silent. They hate it when you don't talk but he is well aware that he can sustain any sort of torture they might prod at him with. His only concern is if they'll keep him alive. He is a threat to the Shadoweaver and his people - they would be fools --not- to. Just barely making out the daylight by a small crack in the rigid stone ceiling, he is well aware that the draft tells him he is underground somewhere. Squeezing his eyes shut, he hears four men muttering underneath torch light. Their forms blackened by the fire's shadow. They're all just like him! That rotten bastard had to kidnap his prize possession. No, not possession but his pride - his honor.

"We aren't going back to the forest tonight." The Shadoweaver informs her, letting her walk only a few paces in front of him. This ensures his control over her if she tries to run. The bag is in one of his hands, the other placing on her shoulder. At first it's a comforting grip but when she keeps walking, he soon grabs her and spins her around to face him. "Did you hear me?" He growls, "You -never- sleep in the same spot twice. Always keep moving. You now understand why I kill. You live in your riches and spoils while good and honest people like those folk have to suffer -every- damn day. I should let you starve so you can feel just a sliver of what they're going through." Keeping his grip tight, he walks along the tree line, hearing the birds squawk as they fly above the two. "Have you ever heard of Bellani?" He asks, leading her across the plains to another village but this time, it's a thriving hub and not a miserable dump. Farms as far as the eye can see, the golden wheatfields swaying in the rough wind. In the middle is a gate-less community of houses made from freshly cut timber logs and stone.

Listening to him speak about how she was different from the villagers, she couldn't stand to listen to him. As he start to lead her in the direction of the next place they would be stay at, she stopped completely and pulled her arm from his grip. "Are you trying to say I do not care?! Don't compare myself to my father, I would do anything to help those who are in trouble and what you do isn't justice! You are no better than my own father, but I wouldn't go as far to kill him for his actions. You do insensible things to those who have done no wrong." Lily didn't want to go any where else with him and take that offer to starve than continue to go with him to wherever he planned to take her.

Stepping away from the Shadoweaver, he had already made her upset with showing her what her father had done, it made her want to forget everything. All she wanted to do was forget everything from when she first met the Shadoweaver to now, it would have been better if he didn't even come into contact with her at all. Lily would have soon found out about the villages that were completely ruined by her father before she would take the throne and make things better than they were now. He wanted her to hate her father, but it's difficult to hate the last parent you have. "I don't want to go anywhere with you anymore.." She said softly, as her hand rubbed her arm softly. If he did leave her, she didn't even think about going back home because she wouldn't be able to look at her father the same anymore.

"Justice? No, that philosophy... a just and sustainable Kingdom... has to have just people who do just things. I, on the other hand, am the other hand for I don't care about the laws." He weighs his hands as if they were a balance beam, tipping one up and one down to show his side. "I do not stop because some King sitting on his throne tells me not to. There is a glory in catching a criminal - law officials get tingles just thinking about it. Being the HERO." He pauses and half scoffs, "You, Lily. You dress up but you're like your mother. Not playing the part you want. You're a doll." He flicks at her arms and tells her, "And there are where your strings are for the world, for your father, to move you this way and that." He lifts up her hands as if she were attached to those very strings. "Your his pawn. I know you care, giving apples to the orphans. Spending time with them just to see their pudgy little facts smile." Even though his words might be complimenting her, his tone says otherwise. His face, ultimately, does soften a little. "And I admire you for being different. Not being the pawn your father wants you to be. Locked away in your tower. A prisoner."

Foldings his arms across his chest, he knows that she will take weeks if not months to warm back up to him. "I know you don't but it's not like you have much of a choice. Your father, brother, Tarin... all of them will be waiting for your safe return. If you walk away from me, right now, you'll surely die. The world is a dangerous place and even a lady who knows how to use a dagger..." He eyes her body up and down, "It seems you have nothing to protect you. Men are twice as strong as you'll ever be. It's fact. If you stay with me, you'll live. At least stay in an inn somewhere where I know you're safe. You'll soon understand what I have shown you."

With every word that spilled from his lips even those words that sounded like praise, she didn't want to be with someone who pretended to care about her in anyway. As he lifted her arms, she pulled them away quickly, not enjoying the way he touched her at that moment. "You say they will be waiting for my safe return, but knowing that Tarin is left with your men, I don't think I should hope for something that would probably end up in disappointment.. I will continue with you, but I'd like for us not to touch.." Knowing that if she was left alone, she would come to harm by someone, so she decided that she would continue with him. Lily didn't feel comfortable being touched by anyone at that moment, but as long as they got to an inn, she would be able to sleep most of the time and not have to think about anything. Though she knew that wouldn't keep her possibly dreaming about it.

The Shadoweaver complies to her wishes and keeps his distance, just enough so he can grab her at a moments notice though, but far enough away so she feels slightly comfortable. His eyes, however, don't give her that liberty. They're always scanning the countryside, judging her for what she is and what she has done thus far in her life. It was a tough few weeks but sooner or later, they come through the golden fields. He doesn't know how long they have gone without talking and Lily only gave certain nods of her head or a flick of her wrist. She did, indeed, keep her thoughts all locked up in her mind. On their path, through a grove, over a river, and climbing down a valley, The Shadoweaver gets more and more annoyed with the fact that they haven't shared words.

They're sitting by a roaring fire, for he knew how to start one and keep it going. Since they've been traveling north, he has killed plenty of animals, giving them the necessary skins they need in order to maintain their heat. Looking around though, he can't help but get the feeling that they're being watched. Throughout their meal, he keeps having this trickling sensation down his spine. Leaving the fire to die, he quickly makes his way over two more hills to where a small village lies. The snow beneath their boots makes a cool crunch, the powder sticking to their lower legs. "We'll stay here for the night." He informs her, gaining entrance to the wooden gated community. He, without Lily even noticing it, picks the pockets of the passersby and obtains just enough money to have a single night stay.

Entering the warmth of the inn, he glances around at the second floor balcony wrapping around the room. In front of them is littered with large kegs of beer and high spirits. All eyes, however, look to them when they enter from the cold. The Shadoweaver brushes the fallen snow from his shoulders, walking right up to the keeper. "One room - single night stay." Glancing over at Lily, he gives the innkeeper the stolen money before she looks their way. "Indeed, sir." The black haired man answers him, taking the correct amount of money. "I'll show you to your room." Holding out a scar littered arm, the keeper leads them up a rickety staircase that spirals up to the balcony above. There are quieter tables up here but the men and women sitting at them snarl and scoff at the 'new meat' coming into town. This is everything but friendly.

Opening up the door, The Shadoweaver is hit with a blast of cold air from the open window. There is a single bed, barely big enough to fit two people with layers upon layers of different animal skins for sheets. Stepping over the bear laying on the floor, The Shadoweaver seems satisfied and shuts the door behind the keeper. That leathery smell collides with the crisp winter air and The Shadoweaver smiles, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. His bag has long been gone, he stored it in one of the passing towns, knowing it will be transported safely back to his base.

As they traveled to get to the next town, Lily was exhausted, but knew that she had to keep up with him. Upon arriving at a wooden gated town during the winter, Lily follows the Shadoweaver in, looking around at the buildings to see that they were pretty decent. Finding a inn nearby, they went inside where there seemed to be a unwelcoming crowd of customers, who became silent the moment they walked in. Trying not to make eye contact with anyone, Lily kept her eyes on the floor until the innkeeper led them up to their room, that the Shadoweaver had somehow paid for. Walking into the room filled with hides of animals, Lily wonder about the people who had silently watched them make their way up to the room.

Taking off her shoes, she rubbed her feet because the ached from the journey they had to take to get to the town. During that time together, she could tell that he was pretty annoyed with the fact that they weren't talking as they traveled, but she decided to break her silence after a while now. "We're only staying for the night? Where will we go afterwards?" She wondering where it was they were actually going.

"Well, the other towns we stayed in were easy to spend the time in an inn without being noticed." Jerking his thumb back, he points right to the door. "But these guys - oh, they would rip you to shreds. This is the last village before our destination. Tomorrow you'll get to see the bay. Across it is where your enemies lie." Glancing to her, he seems to not care if he brings a Princess so close to men who will try and capture her. "I'm showing you so you have something to give your father when you return." His eyes flicker to the floor before moving over to the window and latching it shut.

"Tired of keeping silent?" He then adds, chuckling to himself as he watches the way the light from the lanterns flicker off of the panes of warped glass. "I could have sworn you forgot how to speak. You needed to see those sighs. Now you can speak with your father about them. If you're lucky, perhaps I'll slow down on my killing spree if you do make some sort of ... change." Sure it's wrong using the blood of innocent people to prove his point but The Shadoweaver just seems to want to help people instead of furthering himself as most thieves do. He is an assassin - that pays well.

"It would be better if you stopped your killings all together.." She said as she turned to look back at him as he closed the window shut, not that it made much difference, because the room still remained cold for a long period of time. Placing her hands down on the bed, shivers ran up her spine, it was freezing cold. Remembering how the people were looking at them, made her feel a little bit wary of the situation because it looked as if they were plotting something as they went up to the room. "It probably would have been best to go all the way to the next town.." She said out loud before getting up from the bed to go to the window herself.

As she looked out, customers were walking out of the inn and as they did, they would look up at the room they were in with crooked smiles on their faces. It was obvious that these people were plotting something and they weren't trying to hide it either. "Let's get to sleep soon and leave this place immediately when we wake up." She suggested, not knowing what the Shadoweaver would think of her idea.

The Shadoweaver only laughs at her words, feeling his stomach vibrate from the force alone. Did she really just -ask- me, in her own little way, to stop killing? That's like asking a ... yes. It is like that, isn't it. The smile comes across his face as she makes her way over. It's not polite as Quinn's would be but it lights up half of his face with an evil little twist to his lips. "Wouldn't you like that? Wouldn't you like to use all your power to change me? To stop the killer that rages within this body..." Breathing out, he seems to grow energy just at the thought of it. "You would like that very much." His warm knuckles run down her cheek - not even thinking twice about the gesture before simply walking back to the other side of the room. Collapsing onto the small wooden chair, creaking on cue, he looks at her with those amber eyes. Yet again, his expression is flat and ever calculating.

"Really?" He asks, intrigued why she would want to have kept going. In all honesty, he stopped because she was about to collapse. He noticed in the way she zig-zagged after a while in the collecting snow, her eyes half open as if she were being pulled onwards by an imaginary rope. Pathetic. Flashing another small smirk, he is soon placed on the bed, taking off his boots and pushing them to one of the four leg beams. "I said we would get to the bay -by- tomorrow but it's still a whole days journey. You wouldn't have survived in the cold of the north. No - you would freeze like an ice cube before midnight."

He doesn't seem too phased by the way people look at him. In all honesty, once again, he is thankful that they haven't killed them already. Padding over to the door, he latches it shut and climbs into bed, turning his back to Lily. Giving her space to lay down beneath the animal skins for he knows she won't sleep on the floor. "Aye, aye, Captain. Tomorrow at dawn we rise and walk. ... that is if we're still alive to." Taking off his dagger belt and sword, he places them both underneath his pillow. The crunch of the straw softens the blow just a little bit as he closes his eyes and tries to sleep.

Lily didn't understand what the he saying or what even went through his mind most of time when he spoke to her. In what way could she use her power to control him, she didn't have such power to make anyone do what she says automatically and it wasn't something she would want to do, it was the persons' choice whether they want to change or not. Watching and feeling as the back of his hand gently gave her cheek one stroke before he went over to the chair, it made her wonder about all the times his personality and actions were the total opposite of the 'Shadoweaver' character that he was most of the time.

As he moved from the chair to the bed, she could tell that he was laughing to himself about her saying that she wanted to move on and not stay in this town. Honestly, she was hoping that he did that from the start because even if they did get to the town they were aiming for, she didn't think she'd be going back home alive. Freezing to death seemed to be the best idea, instead of the chance of being killed by someone who would only use her to get what they want. Taking a seat upon the bed, her sapphire eyes stared at the back of the Shadoweaver, still thinking that there is something else about him that he is trying to keep from happening as they spend more and more time together.

Shaking her head, Lily lays down on the bed and covers herself up with her back towards his own. "Goodnight.." She says as she closes her eyes and falls asleep in a matter of moments from the comfort of the warmth from both the blanket and the heat of his body near hers.

"Yeah, same to you." He half mumbles, adjusting his head on the pillow but not turning around.

Warmth. So much of it radiating and colliding with her own small beacon. Some say that sleeping next to another person is calming, especially in the dafter weather. The cold is not The Shadoweavers' friend for he does not like the way he has to push his legs up into his chest, his toes still freezing underneath the blanket. Everything but sleep graces him on this night, hearing the sounds of owls and the drunken men downstairs. Her warmth is what he wants, his whole body wanting to move closer to her and just steal it. Keeping his distance though, he thinks about turning around but never does. His body is like stone, stationary and cold. Perhaps to her he provides body heat but he is not helping himself. Throughout the night, he wakes up by the slightest creak, turning his head to the source - believing with all his being that it's some bandit from downstairs sneaking into their room.

Sleep finally does settle over his body even though his heart dares him not to. Waking up at an ungodly hour in the morning, he stretches out with his senses instead of opening his eyes. First his ears pick up the sounds of their shelter. The room is quiet, the whole inn is quiet in that matter. Snoring can be heard from the man in the next room, the sound easily vibrating through the wall. Try as he might, he cannot hear the sound of snowfall outside - perhaps it'll be a day for the warm clean sky of blue to show itself. Next he feels the warm breath fan itself over his face, causing his eyes to flicker open in surprise.

In their sleep, they had practically touched foreheads. But why? Was it the cold? Yes, it must have been the cold. Nothing else would explain such foolish actions on his part. He straightens up his back and rolls over onto his back, letting her wake up to find out she has craved his warmth - never him craving hers. Having her believe that he -ever- turned around during the night would not settle well in his stomach. That would be a stepping stone towards them being the same when he cannot allow her to see their similarities. He is a killer. She is a Princess. That's it. End of story.

---

Unbeknownst to him, there is trouble brewing in the town. Bandits and slavers alike always jump on the new blood.

Movement on the bed beside her cause Lily to wake up, not opening her eyes to see that she was turned towards him. The blanket slide off her back as she sat up on her knees in the bed, rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out of them before opening to see that she was facing towards him, while he laid on his back. It didn't bother her knowing that she had gotten closer to him for his warmth, but she knew it probably did bother him a bit. "I didn't expect to wake up so early.." She said as her eyes looked to the window, noticing that the sun was slowly rising. Getting out of the bed, Lily stretched her arms. Walking over to the window wondering how long it would be before she saw her family again.

________

Two newcomers in town were staying at the inn, where Kesi and his buddies were drinking late last night. With an idea in mind when he saw the young female, he thought that she should would be a perfect person to bring to his leader, who had been looking for more slaves to sell to clients. The women he was selling had to be look beautiful almost like it was impossible for them to get blemishes and easily be manipulated by their masters. The girl looked tough, but he thought she could be broken down without much effort as long as his leader was in charge. Telling his buddies about the plan, they wait until dawn to strike. Not worried about the male with her, as long as there were many of them, he wouldn't stand a chance.

As the sun was rising, they found out the room they were sleeping in from the innkeeper and made their way up. At the door of the room, two of his buddies start kicking in the door until it falls into the room from the force of their kicks. About eight men, including Kesi himself, moved into the room and staring at the two newcomers.

"I didn't disturb you so you should still be asleep." he greets her with an icy one. Getting up, she can tell that he has been awake for a while with the way he bounces from the bed with not a sign of sleep to his alert eyes. Practically throwing the pillow aside, he straps his daggers to his waist along with his sword, not taking any chances. Looking at her, he starts to walk over to watch perhaps what she is looking at. The valley still has a blanket of snow so the view must be one for the books. "Still, get your clothes on and lets get moving." Sitting in the chair again, he places one shoe on his foot before hearing the banging on the door.

"What the hell!" He shouts, leaping with one of his boots on to where Lily is and pulling her away from the window. "Don't say a damn word. NOT a word - let me handle this." He pushes her to the far corner, taking out two finely sharpened daggers. Pulling a blade from his belt, he places it in her hand, remembering well that she knows how to use it. Waiting for the door to come off its hinges, The Shadoweaver readies his daggers. Once the dust rises from the ground and the bodies come running through, he lets two of the daggers free. Hearing and seeing two men fall, he smiles, unleashing two more. Try as he might, he can't help the men from moving around him to grab Lily.

One of the slavers pushes the flimsy dagger aside from Lily, try as she might to strike him. His experience is far greater and his agility far better. She may have nicked his arm but it seems to be nothing by his standards. The Shadoweaver ducks under another blow and out of the corner of his eye sees Lily being lifted up and carried from the room. His agility hastens, trying to move to where she is to try and free her from this unknown man. "Let her go!" He shouts, "Dammit! You rotten fucks! Let her go!" He knows that he can easily kill these fools but seeing Lily being dragged away from his power - he finds himself actually wanting to be near her. She is, in his eyes, his responsibility. He, of course, planned to give her back to her father after the big scare but these men... who knows what they'll do to her. He has to make sure he is there with them.

Lily would be able to see him faultier. Freezing up when he could easily dodge a blow or parry it with his own blade. She can even see his teeth clench, his mind telling his body to disobey instinct. His eyes only shut as he lets his strength fall from his muscles. Instead there are arms around him, capturing him for once in his lifetime. The Shadoweaver ... gives up. The amber in his eyes fading greatly for he has lost. These men push him around, roping up his body as if he were some animal. He, along with Lily, are both tied up, his weapons taken away. He, for once, is completely useless in both mind and power. With that known, he thinks of giving up but no, he is not that daft. He has to get himself, and Lily, out of here.

"Bring her to master Illaro. He'll know what to do with the male. The female... ooo, she will be sold for a hefty price!" Comes a voice from behind them.

It was obvious that when she struck at the large man, the blade hadn't injured him enough at all to make him pull back in pain. Slapping the dagger out of her hands, he picks her up by the waist, throwing her over his shoulder and holding her legs to keep her from kicking him in the torso. It was useless to even try and hit him because it wouldn't have any effect. As he was walking out of the room to take her wherever, Lily couldn't believe that she saw the Shadoweaver give up so quickly once she was taken away from the room. Thought he was yelling for them to let her go as he fought, it seemed as if it was all dream to her, because he had no reason to forfeit especially not because of her. Kesi watched as the male quickly gave into the situation, figuring that he had had feelings for the girl, which would explain why they were at the inn together. Smirking to himself, he began to walk behind the male holding the girl while the others dragged the man along with them to see Master Illaro.

Master Illaro was the leader of the bandits in town and whenever new meat came in, they would bring them to him to see what he'd like to do with them. Kesi lead them to an enormous rundown mansion in the farthest part of the town, where Master Illaro would be waiting for them. Opening up the doors, they walked into the entrance and looked up to a large staircase. "Master Illaro, we have brought you presents. One of them is far more beautiful than what we've brought to you in the past." Kesi says hoping that it will get their leaders attention.

As Lily listened to the man yell out into the mansion, she couldn't help looking behind him to see the others pulling the Shadoweaver along as they walked in. Though this wasn't the first time something like this has happened, but to know that someone else may be involved in the situation, worried Lily because it was a male. The only thing that could happen is that if they find out he's the Shadoweaver, they may ask him to join them, which she highly doubts he would. Or kill him if he isn't of any use.

Status
Not open for further replies.