Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illaro, leaning over a large table beside the fire, glances up. His dark eyes peer at the newcomers as they're forced down to their knees before the ornate rug. "So you have, Kesi. Take a seat and let's examine them, shall we?" standing up, he places his hands behind his back. Two swords are strapped to his waist along with a revolutionary weapon, a gun. Black powder is strapped to his waist too and to The Shadoweaver, he knows there has to be bullets too. He doesn't look at Lily for he doesn't want them knowing he cares for her. At least not yet, he is too busy just looking around the large room. The ceiling is towering above them, the fire from the fireplace spreading its chaos across the floor.

"And who do we have here? What's your name, beautiful?" He looks right to Lily, bending down in front of her to grab her chin with his dirty hands. They're blood stained and covered with dirt, oil, and fragments of god knows what. Some of it latches itself onto her skin. His smell is fresh though, a hint of various fishy flavors wafting from his breath. "You -are- beautiful. Kesi, you have not lied." Glancing up at his right hand man, he simply nods, giving him his satisfaction. "And now, what are you doing, my dear, with such a ... man?" His green eyes move to The Shadoweaver, the man's head facing down towards the ground. Letting her chin go, he stands. "It's a shame - you could please another man -far- more. He doesn't even deserve the beauty you hold. I'll make sure your man pays the proper price. You'll make me a rich man, woman."

Looking down at the back of his head, he announces, "Look at me, scum!" But his head doesn't move. "I SAID LOOK!" Comes his booming voice again, his knee coming up to smack right into his face. The Shadoweaver's arms tense, if Lily could see close enough, his arms unable to block the blow. Not a sound comes from him as his head flies back, blood showing from his nose. Looking up, he simply opens his mouth to breathe but still says nothing. Illaro hates him already, bringing his fist back and plummeting The Shadoweaver once more. "Now speak! Pig. For you are under my roof and in my territory. Who -told- you that you could enter my village?" He doesn't respond. The fire in Illaro's eyes brings his fist back again, letting another punch loose right into The Shadoweaver's face. "SPEAK!"

Lily hated being touched by men like him, but there was nothing she could do since she was tied up by the men earlier, so she was going to have to deal with it for now. Refusing to answer any of his questions, she let him continue to talk until his attention was now on the Shadoweaver, not liking the way he was reacting to his commands. Kesi kept his attention on the two visitors as Illaro began to beat the male until he spoke, seeing that the girl would turn her head every time he would hit him, knowing that she would try to stop it. When he first saw them enter the inn, it didn't seem as if they were a couple from the way the two were walking several feet apart, yet seemed as if they cared about each other in some way.

It was horrible to watch him get hit continuously when she knew that if he was untied, things would be different and it was obvious that the Shadoweaver wanted to do something. Lily didn't want to watch any more, so she then spoke out loud. "Stop it! We only came here to rest!" If Lily had continued, she probably would have said something that none of them would believe, but then again some bandits were not very smart when it came to certain things.

Taking in a deep breath, The Shadoweaver feels the blood start to pool in his nose. From there, the hot red streaks come down and travel against the grain of his scar. Illaro's attacks keep coming and coming, showing no sign of stopping. After a while, he just gives up, throwing his hands right against The Shadoweaver's torso and pulling him from the ground. "Not going to cooperate?" He spits right into the man's face, his own eyes alight with a cruel fire. "Fine, be that way." Coming from his back pocket is a small knife and Illaro runs the steel against The Shadoweaver's face, taunting him with cutting through his flesh.

Quickly, he turns his gaze to Lily when she cries out, dropping The Shadoweaver to the ground completely. "What was that, sweetie?" He asks, cocking his head to the side with a sardonic stare. Those eyes of his widen and narrow in a moments notice. "Just to rest? Well, what a foolproof story that is. You're lucky you have a price, lady." Jerking the knife in her direction, "Or else I would add your face to my collection. Your husband here," glancing up at Kesi, he whistles and signals him to take care of The Shadoweaver. "Well, my good friend here will take nice care of him. You'll take your meals with me, sleep in my chambers for I will not be letting you out of my sight until you're properly bought for a grand price." Under that conclusion, Illaro waves Kesi and his other men away. "Leave us." He growls, yanking Lily up by the arm and bringing her to kneel beside his chair by the fire.

Waiting long moments for the men to take care of her man, Illaro picks up his glass of brandy and swirls it around. His eyes, the whole time, are on the flickering flames in contemplation on what to say and how to say it. "So, my dear, what is the real story?" He asks simply, trying to act as if he is a friend and not a foe.

Kesi nodded as he and the men dragged the young male by the ropes to one of the rooms upstairs. Though he had been with Illaro for the past four years, the way they managed things hadn't changed, but it was a good thing too because the money was constantly flowing in whenever more visitors came into town. "Don't worry about your girl, she'll be taken care of. I can't say the same about you now.." Kesi said as he opened the door to reveal a couple of men hanging from the wall by chains, starved and nearly dead. "Meet your companions." He said as the others chained him to a wall.

Being brought over to the chair and sat down, Lily worried about what they were going to the Shadoweaver, but she was stuck with this group's leader. Watching him play with the liquid in his glass, she laughed at him and shook her head. "Well he definitely isn't my husband, that's for sure. I told you we came here to rest, we've been travelling for a while now because we're trying to meet up with my family." Her statement was actually true, just different wording.

Remaining calm, The Shadoweaver knows that he must keep a clear head. It's true and he doesn't know why, but he worries about what is to become of Lily. She is, after all, his responsibility and he -was- going to bring her back home. Well, now that won't work so he just has to focus on getting free of this bondage. The more he tries to look around, the bleaker his vision becomes for the swelling is starting. The black and blues on his face and chest, from some kicking along the way here, really drained his energy. If he is to get out of here, he will have to endure the pain and slowly whittle his way out of these ropes. His sword has been taken along with his daggers and they'll most likely be taken and sold or kept for the thieves personal arsenal. Upon seeing the men up on the ceiling, he gulps, knowing his fate is slim of survival. Glancing around quickly, he tries and measure how many men are behind Kesi and if he can take the brute himself. A smile runs across his lips as he shoves himself against Kesi, trying to escape but the other men are quick to grab him and crack him over the head with something heavy, his vision becoming quite dull.

Illaro on the other hand, pours her a glass and gives it to her, his fingers holding it from the top. "Here, drink up. Food will be along shortly." Turning his head away from her, he shouts on the top of his lungs, "MAGGY, FOOD!" with that, he settles himself in the large armchair before taking another sip. "Not your husband? Well, it's obvious you care for him or else you wouldn't have told me to stop my beating." Glancing at his bloody knuckles, he flexes them before himself as if looking at a prized painting. "Magnificent." He mutters with a toothy smile. "You and I are going to be friends, you see, Lily. And you're going to give me a -lot- of money. That'll make me very happy and you want me to be happy, don't you?" With so much as a glance, he smiles.

Taking the cup from his hand and into her own, when he turned to yell for someone, she placed it on the floor next to her since she didn't like the taste of brandy. "I would do that for anyone, who I thought didn't deserve such treatment." She said as she moved her legs around to the front of her while listening to him make a statement about her making him happy. "I don't see why I should make you happy if I'm not happy and I doubt you'll get any money for me." Lily smirked to herself, wondering how she could get around this situation and them not knowing she was a princess was even better. It was trying to get this man to think that she had a different side of her that was curious about this side of the line of life.

"Get this straight, woman. You can pout, scream, yell, kick... all you want but these men won't care if you smile or frown. They'll pay because you're a pretty little flower well in bloom." turning completely to her in the chair, he leans over and caresses her face once again with his dirty fingers. "You see, I don't care what you think. If you make me happy then perhaps I'll sell you sooner. If you make me miserable... I'll just keep you here as mine. Oh yes, all the other men will pay for your ..." He licks his front teeth, "Services, shall we say? But in the end, you're mine. I nor any man would care if you're making a fit or being a good submissive girl that you ought to be. See? They'll pay either way." Lighting up his cigar, he takes a single puff before smacking his lips together. "Not what I wanted." He spits to the far corner and throws the cigar in the fire. "Time for you to learn your way around this place."

The so called tour of his consists of him grabbing Lily's arm and leading her around. If she doesn't want to look at something, he clamps his hand around her jaw and forces her eyes to look with his other hand. For he runs a dirty little business. Some might call it a whore house, for men come from the town to seek their pleasures with the waiting ladies. And these ladies have their own rooms and are groomed for when a proper suitor comes - they are auctioned off like cattle. The highest bidder takes the girl and they simply replace that room with another wonderer. Explaining all this to Lily, he assures her that he, nor his men, nor any of the men visiting will come to harm her for she is pure. Her so called purity comes with an even greater price. Oh yes, they mean to make bank upon this one. The tour lasts all day and by the end, Illaro sends her off to his chambers. There is a guard posted inside and two outside the room when Illaro throws her in. "Get ready for bed." He growls before moving off to take his evening bath in their own personal hot springs.

Kesi was a little surprised at the man's attempt to get free, but it failed when the others pulled him away and hit him over the head with metal bar that was in the room to control anyone who got out of hand. Looking at his now slump body, Kesi fixed his clothes before telling his men to keep a good eye of him as he left the room to get himself something to eat downstairs. It wasn't surprising that Illaro took her with him to his room, but he couldn't help laughing to himself as he thought about how Illaro wasn't even close to being attractive as she was. 'It's only a matter of time before something happens.' He thought to himself.

Looking at the guy who was there to watch her, Lily was annoyed at the fact that she couldn't do anything without being stopped by the guards. Her eyes searched the room for multiple ways of escaping, while she staying in this room for the time being. Going over to the bed, Lily wasn't happy that she'd be sleeping in the same bed as him, thinking of something was her best option. Bringing her eyes up to the guard in the room, she went over to the guard and asked him, if he could turn around since she needed to change out of her current clothes into something easier to sleep in. Thanks to her mother and brother, Lily knew a few things that she could do without killing anyone and now would be a good chance because there was a window in room, that she could use to escape. After she could find the Shadoweaver, hopefully before Illaro gets back.

As the guard turned around, Lily knew a direct kick to the head would knock him out for a while, she took the chance and ended up knocking him out easily. Going over to the window, it was obviously far from the far, but that wouldn't stop her. Slipping out of the window, she kept herself steady as she slowly made her way down to the other windows, looking at what was inside each other to find the Shadoweaver. 'I've got to find him quickly..' She thought to herself.

A large circular turret is in the backyard without a roof. That's where the prisoners are kept for the stone will keep the cold in during the harsh winter season and even when it's summertime, the temperature hardly reaches above thirty. Most of the men are either dead in those shackles or very, very, close. For these bandits know that in order to take the women, they have to silence the men as well. It's simple and cruel logic - hanging them by chains criss crossing from one side of the turret to the next. Illaro constructed the turret himself, making only one gated exit and entrance for the convenience of the guards. The slippery sides forbids any attempt of escape. The Shadoweaver is locked up tight and left to hear the helpless groans of his 'friends'.

Illaro didn't think that Lily would escape so he saunters down the hallway not giving a single worry. Most women just submit, knowing that their battle has been lost. They key, he knows, is to beak their will and then they will become yours. He does think that it would be fun to sleep in the same bed for he might 'accidentally' feel her up. Yes, that thought stays with Illaro as he checks up on his fellow men before whistling his way to the hot springs. Throwing his towel on the marble ground, he lowers himself right into the large circular tub, letting out a long sigh of relief. Thinking of the money she will give him, he can't help but just throw his fists in the air. "Ooooh yes!" He shouts, "Victory!"

Noticing where the men were being held, Lily had to either wait for the guards to be called away or figure out a way to knock them out. See the brute from early, she knew there was no way that she was going to be able to knock him out since he was far more stronger than anyone she knew. Waiting for something to happen, she sees Illaro's righthand man walking over to the guards. Finished with the issue that he needed to get done, Kesi walked back to the turret gate to tell his men that they could come in for dinner now, not worried about anyone escaping. Placing the keys to the gate on a hook nearby, he and the men walk back into the mansion to get some food in their system while Illaro was bathing in the hot springs, before he started giving them orders again.

Lily was more than excited that they had left the turret completely guard free and even better they left the keys, not thinking that someone was going to escape because they were afraid of them. Quietly making her way to the ground, she plants her feet on the ground after letting go of the window closest to the ground. Going over to the gate, she slips the keys off the hook and makes her way into the turret, after closing the gate behind her. Keys still in her hands. Seeing the other men who had either passed away or were still barely leaving, Lily couldn't believe what they were doing to them. Seeing the Shadoweaver swollen from all the hits and slung over as he hung against the wall, Lily ran over to him trying to wake him up. "Wake up please.. Do you want to die in this place?!" She whispered to him as shook him by the shirt a little hard to get him to come out of his unconscious state.

The Shadoweaver doesn't quite wake up at the first round of shaking. Even though his body does respond, hands flinching and body recoiling out of reaction. His sub-conscience just thinks it's another guard fooling him but that's when he hears her sweet voice. Slowly, his eyes open, a blood vessel broken in one, smattering the red liquid all over his left eye. Not wanting to seem weak, he straightens up the best he can, keeping his teeth locked together behind his lips. "What?" He asks, still in a daze from both the beating and the mark smacked on the back of his head. Lily would be able to see the red ooze from the crevasse left behind from the pipe. "Is that really you?" He questions next, seeing double or even triple of her dance around his vision. "I have to get my daggers... my sword." He groans in protest, leaning up against the wall after she lifts him from the spot.

He knows she will protest but he is quick to hold up his hand, "Listen..." comes the commanding voice once again, ringing right up to the top of the turret. "If you want to survive out there, in that big world... I have to have my weapons. Yeah, it's possible that I can fight animals with my bare hands." Leaning against her weight, she helps him out of the cell, the other inmates groaning to be let free as well. "You should free them..." he says hesitantly, "It'll make more of a distraction to have -all- released rather, ow!" She touches a tender spot and he immediately keels over, coughing with blood present. He is in no condition to fight to say the least. "having it just be you and me." Leaning himself against the inside wall, he waits for her to unlock the other starving men. "Where did they take my weapons?" He wonders aloud, "If we can get there, we can give these men weapons too and perhaps shed some, gah." another surge of pain, "blood."

Lily could see everything that had happened to the Shadoweaver and it seemed pretty bad. "Of course it's me.." She replied as she got him out of the shackles, listening to him talk about his weapons, but before she could say anything he had cut her off. Still shaking her head, she sighed in defeat because the argument about it would be useless. Letting him lean against the wall, Lily quickly freed the others that were still alive, telling them that they needed their help. Hearing the Shadoweaver moaning in pain, she made her way back towards him and helped him off the wall, so that they could get out of turret to find the weapons for him to have. "I can't look for weapons in your condition. We have to hide you and then I'll go get them.." She said as she brought to a small hiding spot that was hard find, that she saw on her way down.

Laying him against the wall, she looks at his wounds, gently touching him to not cause him pain. "Sit here quietly, I'll be back with your stuff." Climbing up the side, she made her ways back up the windows and ledges, searching for the room with his daggers and sword. It took a while and found them soon enough, but the problem was they were in dining room with all the men eating dinner. Kesi was relaxing enjoying his dinner until he heard a commotion coming from outside. Getting up from the table, he took a look out the window to see that the men were entering the house in search of the women and weapons to use. "Dammit! Everyone get those men back into the turret or kill them!" He commanded before making his way to the hot springs to tell Illaro. Arriving to the hot springs, he walked over the man relaxing in the water and having to tell him the bad news. "Illaro.. We have a problem. The men have escaped the turret as well as the girl.."

Illaro, leaning his head back and letting the warmth from the springs clean his filthy body, peeks open an eye. "Ah, Kesi, my favorite man. Tell me, what has gotten into your head that you interrupt me with my bathing? It better be of some importance for I won't stand for you telling me another stupid story about your boyhood adventures. Can't you see this is a time to be--" Kesi says hit bit and Illaro's eyes snap open. "WHAT?" He shouts, gripping the collar of the kneeling Kesi, the fire raging in his eyes. "Then what are you waiting for! Capture her! For yes, the man, might once have been strong and able, but ... if you find him." A thought comes to his mind, smiling evilly, "Don't kill him but you have my permission to ... break a few limbs." And by a few, he means anything that bends. "And ... my dear boy." He lets go and pushes Kesi away, "Have her watch. I'm leaving this in your capable hands. Don't fail me now. That would be ... most horrid for you." Sinking back into the tub, he hums a delightful little tune.

The once chained men all mean to cause chaos and ensue a riot for they've been kept in shackles for too long. Some, the older gentlemen, even worked themselves up into a crazed daze. Once the weapons come out though, a young man, seemingly new to the confinements of the shackles, comes up to Lily. "I'm going with you, ma'am." With a nod, he leads her into a small wooden door on the side of the house. "You see," he starts to explain as they pass through the grid underneath the floors of the house. "I used to work in the kitchens before they cut off my thumbs." Keeping his hands away from the light between the floors and his voice low, he doesn't wish for her to see them in their mutilated state nor the men above to hear their movements. "But, I can get you to the armory just fine." Hopping down, he looks down a long tunnel, "But you have to be quiet." he warns her, placing his pointer finger to his closed lips.

"I understand.." Kesi got up from the ground and turned his back, thinking that he wouldn't let someone as weak as Illaro threaten him in that way. Kesi was more of the leader to the group than Illaro was, the men listened to him more. Illaro was someone to be afraid of, but Kesi was the one every man avoided to piss off, because they'd never seem him when he got extremely angry. Recently, Illaro had been giving his men very little payment for all the women sold in this brothel like mansion, Kesi was no exception. Walking back into the halls, he watched as both sides attacked each other, fighting off a few in order to find the one who came with the girl. 'I'll be playing to my own rules now..' No one could tell that the ever so laid back Kesi was now at his limit. Grabbing a gun on his way to where the turret, seeing if there was any place where they could have hidden.

Lily was thankful to know that there was someone who knew the mansion so well. Nodding, Lily kept quiet as they went through the tunnel to get to the weapons she needed to bring back to the Shadoweaver. Arriving at a stop, she notices an door in the wall behind all the weapons. Opening it up slowly, she reach out for the daggers, sword and bow with arrows for herself to use. Gesturing 'Thank You' to the young male, she sat the things down quickly to hug him before making her way back to the Shadoweaver. Putting the daggers and sword at her waist as she climbed down to him and showed him what she brought back. "We have to get out of here now.." She said as she helped him to his feet again. "This is going to be hard.."

Illaro is completely oblivious to Kesi's charm with his men for he believes that inflicting fear is the best dose to gain loyalty. The Shadoweaver was once like that, thinking fear is everything. But from an early age, he was taught that not everything could be shown through brute force and fear. In order to really gain loyalty, you have to know your teammates and respect them. For if you can accept them, they're more likely to respect and understand you. Yes, if he is crossed, he will bare down in them like a ton of bricks but the reason they know that fact makes them think twice before betraying him. He is, after all, the best known assassin in the world.

The young boy nods, surprised when her arms latch around him. He pats her shoulders in an embrace before letting her go and telling her how to get out of the mansion alive. Knowing he has unfinished business, he attempts to grab a weapon for himself but it comes to no avail. Without something as simple as a thumb, he is useless and can carry nothing. Instead, he will have to use his fists - quickly running to find, or attempt to find, the woman he adores.

The Shadoweaver groans when she picks him up, leaning most of his weight on her. "Give me my sword." for he knows that it's a start and he can push past the pain if a battle were to ensue. His strength, both endurance and practical will, always prevails when he needs it the most. Coming up from their grassy hiding space, he quietly tells her to start moving towards the tree line as fast as she can but their shoes are leaving tracks in the snow. It's an easy way to be found so they'll have to do some extra walking or cross a stream in order to get the men following their trail off of them.

"Dammit." He growls, hanging onto Lily for dear life, pushing his sword out in front of them. "They're coming..." A few men come running up towards them, shouting for them to stop. Indeed, as he thought, his strength comes back to him once he sees a flail being hurled right at Lily. In a choppy movement, he swings his body around hers, pulling her clear out of the spiky balls path. Grunting, he musters all he can to make contact with the man's side, feeling the fabric rip easily from the edge of his blade.

The flail drops and so does The Shadoweaver, to his knees before the howling man. Bringing up his sword again, he imbeds it in the man's neck, hearing a gurgle in protest before silence takes over. That's when he feels the stinging sensation across his chest, ripping apart his skin that will leave another scar across his body. Arching his back, he scrams out for Lily to watch out, the bloody sword swinging in her direction next. From his position on the ground, he can barely make out the legs that wield the steel. His heart pounds away and he aims his sword as if it were a spear and shuts his eyes, letting the weight be thrown from his fingers. In that tense moment, he is sure he hears a scream, his blade completing his wishes as always.

Last edited:
As the man fell to the side after being hit with the Shadoweaver's sword, Lily made her way over to him and picked him up from the ground, taking the route that the young man had told her about before leaving him. His body was greatly wounded to where Lily wasn't even sure if she could heal him quick enough for him to survive. Finding the path that led into the deep forest near the mansion, like the male said, she carried him with all the strength she had. Upon finding a source of water, Lily was relieved that she would be able to help him in some way. Laying him gently on the ground next to the river, she ripped large amount of the dress she was wearing off, soaking them in the water.

Kneeling down next to him with the soaked fabric, she began to remove his shirt before cleaning him off and adding pressure to the large slash mark across his chest, from the attack a moment ago. "You better not die on me.. You promised me that you would bring me back.." She said out loud not sure if he could hear what she was saying to him. Holding it in place, if anyone could see, trickles of tears slowly fell down Lily's cheek. Even though she was trying to get them out, it was her fault that all of this happened. "Dammit..." She whispered.

The Shadoweaver rips the sword from the body of the fallen man and starts using it as a cane. The smell of evergreen surrounds them, the trees are leafless but sprawled with spiky nettles. Luckily these are soft and supple so Lily and The Shadoweaver can pass easily through. Even if these men are to follow them, the forest will surely fend them off for it's dense. During the sunset, the sounds of beetles or insects fluttering their wings around them or setting off a small glow. Feeling the softness of the snow starts to lessen as the trees grow in size. It's actually quite beautiful, having the sprinkle of snow shake its way onto the trees.

The bank of the roaring river is littered with stones. The white of the rapids swish against the large boulders, splashing up and causing its spray to span outwards. For The Shadoweaver, this is no walk in the park. He doesn't wish to lean too much on Lily but knows he must in order to keep up with her pace. His head is facing down most of the time, trying to look away from Lily so she doesn't see him clenching his jaw. The jagged mark of the slash covers his entire chest in the same diagonal as the slash across his lip. Well, moving in the same direction but longer. Once he hears the rush of the rapids, he collapses near the pool, the sword settling into the sand beside them. Luckily for him, Lily is there to catch him and lie him on the sand.

"Aaaaargrah!" He shouts once the chilling water presses to his warm and swollen wound. His arms fly to his chest and onto Lily's hands. Sadly for him, the rational part of his mind knows it must be done but he still growls and tosses his chest to the left and to the right. Even though he wants to scream at her, it just comes out as seething and spitting gibberish. The pain is too much. Yet, he keeps his bloody hands clamped down on hers, sucking in breath and glancing down at his own wound. "Oh, god..." He mouths, hearing her telling him not to die. "I'm not going anywhere, Lily." he falsely assures her, not having any clue if he will make it through the night or not. "Just keep pressure on it... just keep...." his husky voice says, his cranium falling back to the sand behind him with a snarl. "Take my shirt off," comes his next words, "It'll give you more fabric for - gah!" His chest is heaving up and down at this moment, "Later... just later. Keep pressure."

Lily could only imagine the kind of pain he was is, but from all the groaning and yells, it probably felt like he was dying slowly at that moment. Keeping pressure on his chest with one hand, she took the other soaked rag and started to clean up his face from the beating he had gotten earlier. "You know you're a strange one.." She said as her hand moved his hair out of his face to see if there was any spot she had missed. "I wouldn't say you like me in anyway, but you seemed to care in some way enough to go as far as help me.." Pulling the rag away, looking down at him, hoping that everything would be alright, worrying that he may die that night even though he tried to reassure her. It didn't calm all the thoughts running through her mind at that moment.

The Shadoweaver's bleary vision comes in waves as the light slowly dies behind the large pine trees. "Just because I'm a killer..." he begins, feeling the cool fabric of her once dress start to dab his feverish forehead. It's a comforting gesture, trying to take the sweat from his face. Dirt, blood and moisture all are cleaned away, leaving a glimmer of river water in the fading day. "Doesn't mean I'm not human." Another groan comes from him, swallowing shallowly as the squawk of some bird casts its shadow on the ground before them. "We too should fly south..." he mutters breathlessly.

Being delirious seems valid, the way he tilts his head to the right. His eyes capture something beautiful, perhaps the rapids flowing free, and smiles in his unique crooked way. The smile of a killer yet this one is calmer in his eyes for he finds a certain peace with the sound of the rushing rapids. "I helped you to save your life - is that so hard to understand? You said it yourself, I swore to bring you back. I, unlike most men, drill that stake into the ground. Promises kept... for I would not let you be sold to their cruel slavery." Releasing a large breath of air, he motions for her with gritty fingers to his slash to place the wrapping back on his wound. "To ease your mind, Lily, I do not let my victims suffer even though my reputation may say as much. They're all dead... what defense do they have? It's the gossip that makes my name feared. The whirring of people's minds. That's the ticket to fear."

Laughing at his slight delusional sentence, she watches a smile slowly creeps its way onto his lips as he turned his head towards her. To know that he was doing this because he made her a promise surprised her a lot, now knowing that he wasn't all bad like he made himself out to be. Moving the fabric back to his wound, she looked down at him for a moment before leaning down slowly and pressing her lips lightly against his forehead, pulling back up to apply more pressure. "Thank you for going through all this trouble, but now you have to promise me you won't die." She said as brought her eyes up, the moon making it's way up into the starry sky. The day was more eventful than she originally thought. Exhausted from everything that happened, Lily slowly helps him sit up after getting the rags wet again and tied them tightly around his body, to keep tight against his wound. Laying him back down on the sand, she took laid down as making sure that he was alright. "If we had met before in the past, I would say that we would have been great friends.. Both of us are stubborn, never listen to watch we're told and enjoy doing the things we like to do." She said as she turned towards him with a sweet smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.