Stone Eagle Rebellion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Marcos watched King go towards the mines and followed after him. "Hey, need any help?" he asked, changing his appearance to short hair so he could see where he was stepping in the darkness. He knew the answer would probably be no, but he was bored and curious, and often those two things at the same time got him in trouble, but that was okay.

She got out of the cart and went straight for a hut. This hut was fairly small, but it was what Ash called her home. She sniffed the air, happy to be back where she belonged. "I'll be back in a second guys." She said as she entered the house. She came back out wearing a belt, it had oodles of arrows rested in a pocket and she was also wearing the bow she stole around her torso.

Assallya was astonished to see the rebels disembarking the wagon and heading in their individual directions. Perhaps they had forgotten that she wasn't a rebel and had absolutely no loyalties to them. She'd rather expected to be dropped off somewhere inside the royal city or, failing that, be taken into custody the moment they arrived here. This left her with something of a conundrum. They had made it so easy for her to escape and bring the location of this place to the tyrant king's attention that she was sorely tempted. She wasn't any fonder than the next person of the current regime but then, that's because she wasn't a part of the ruling class. She might even be able to bargain for the head of the noble that had sent her to that prison to be hanged.

Thinking about it a moment longer, Assallya began to wonder if this was a test. Maybe they had left her behind precisely for that purpose, to see what she would do. That would be something she would do. She would provide every appearance that escape was easy and assign both watchers and an additional perimeter of guardsmen to catch a prospective spy unawares.

Instead, Assallya decided to follow the smell of cooking. After she ate some real food she'd search out some means of bathing and then see what happened.

She pulled bread out of her belt and tore it in half. She ate the smaller half and gave the rest to a young man who seemed hungry.

"I don't, these people do." King gestured to the whole of the rebel base. "Come on and grab a pickaxe. I was a miner once, I know where the good stuff is." He then continued on to the mines, pausing only to wave Marcos over.

Ash walked over to Flint. "I heard you talking about a plan?" She asked, as curious as a cat can be. Her ears were perked up and her tail was waving instead of flicking angrily.

Several whistles and catcalls followed the elven courtesan as she walked through the camp, following the aroma of something that smelled like chili. By Sharess' teats she hated chili but at the moment it smelled glorious. When she entered the tent, more of a long awning at the end of a wooden building, she found that everyone froze. Spoonfuls paused in front of open mouths, eyes opened wide. All eyes were on the voluptuous woman in her soft silks. The reactions were typical. The men with wives, suddenly lowered their gazes looked downwards, anywhere but in Assallya's direction. The women in the area immediately began to size her up, eyes already calculating the ramifications of her arrival and how it would affect balance of powers.

Walking towards the tables she took the proffered loaf crust that served as a bowl, the center of which had already been put into the chili in order to help thicken it. They poured in the chili, directly into the crust. Withdrawing to a corner Assallya began to eat. She hadn't had such a meal in many years and it took her a moment to remember how to eat such a thing without utensils. It was an art. First you tilted back the bowl, sipped and slurped the contents and then bit at the bowl. You then rotated the bowl and did it again until there was nothing left. Again, the food was incredible after days of porridge and gruel in the prison.

Marcos wasn't really paying attention. He picked up a pickaxe, "We aren't in that much trouble..." he murmured to himself, but began following King and realising that he shouldn't be here, because he didn't mine. It was a no-no for him. He could cook, craft, anything really apart from the darkness. Yet he was doing it, feeling safe.

"You know what, I'm probably gonna get into trouble sticking my nose in other peoples' business again. Nevermind." She said as she quickly glanced over to Marcos and, without thinking, followed him.

Marcos could hear footsteps behind him. He walked on, looking at the floor and making sure he wouldn't trip on the occasional hole that had been dug. Both large and small were hard to get out of, and too much pressure could collapse the whole mine. Every now and then he'd see something and shrug it off since King wasn't interested.

She could see just fine in the dark due to her feline eyes. She picked up a bug, something harmless, and jokingly set it on Marcos shoulder.

Suddenly, there was a weight on his shoulder. He jumped, before shaking as he could feel tiny legs on his t-shirt. He had stopped and he was not exactly pleased with what was happening. "What are you?" he asked the bug, still shaking. He had freaked out, that was for sure. Those bugs were nasty things, and he didn't like them, harmful or not.

She started snickering, obviously amused. "I think it's in your hair..." she managed between her little laughs.

"Oh ha ha ha," he replied scornfully, before lifting the free arm up to feel around his hair before shaking again, "This is soooo funny." He was sarcastic rather than sulky. He shook until the bug fell off him. He edged backwards, checking for any ditches behind him.

She pat Marcos' shoulder. "Fun fact... you're never ever more than 35 feet away from a spider." She whispered into his ear just to freak him out.

Marcos' hands began to shake. He tried to move her hand off his shoulder. "Why would you tell me that?!" he asked, visually terrified. He looked around. Spiders, bugs, to Marcos they were the same thing.

She busted out laughing, having a hard time speaking. "Dude, chill!" She struggled to say. "I'm partially joking about that..." she muttered afterwards.

Marcos scowled, before beginning to walk after King. He was in grudge mode at the moment. That wasn't necessary in his mind, so he frowned so much frown marks formed.

"Oh come on, it was a joke." She said, still sort of laughing. "You don't need to get all mad over it." She said as she put her hands in her pocket.

Marcos ignored her. He was tense as he walked, the pickaxe was dragging along the floor as if it was a plough. "Mm." He nodded as if he understood even though he didn't.