Stone Eagle Rebellion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Assallya was stunned by the man's introduction. It was like he was carrying the hammer of Tyr himself despite his scrawny, puny little arms. That man would make for a perfect bodyguard. She needed to know more about him. See if he was a worthy candidate. More importantly, she needed to see if he could be easily ensorceled of if she should try more conventional means of controlling him. It was sometimes amazing what a man would do at the behest of a pretty face and there were few as attractive as herself.

"We're not out of the woods yet Ash. I'd be ready with that bow," Assallya suggested.

"Now Flint," she continued, pushing her hair back behind her shoulders with both hands, "Get that friend of yours in the wagon so we can get out of here before that Crim bastard catches up."

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" Ash responded, annoyed. She huffed and gave a slight glare.

The elven courtesan couldn't believe her pointed ears. The cat-breed took her suggestion as an order? Maybe she was jealous. Most women, Assallya found, either desperately wanted to be her friend or see her face down in an alley somewhere with a blade in her back. Further, she was going to argue about it instead of watching for Crim, that monstrous armoured automaton from earlier or even a suicidally courageous guard hoping to recapture them? Surely Ash was in jest.

"Well, there still are those guards up on the wall," Assallya pointed out, "It's only a matter of time until they realize that most of us have managed to get outside and look over the other side of the wall. At that point, I suppose, you could let them put several feathered shafts in our chests but I'd rather not become a thimble today."

"I'm not trying to get you killed. I'm getting the money so we don't." As the Man grew closer Flint ripped the money out of Marcos's hand and slid a ring from Assallya's, the invisibility wearing off as soon as it was off her finger. The man stopped in front of the wagon and looked like he was about to swing his hammer at it when Flint popped up and held out the gold. "Always a man of your word." The Man said, taking the coins from his hand with a clawed gauntlet. Flint placed several runes of resistance onto the cart before the Man sat at the end, allowing his feet to dangle. "My name is King." He simply stated before looking off into the sky.

She tilted her head, her ears perking up. "King? Your name is King? What kind of name is that?" She asked, kind of scoffing.

Marcos laughed at Ash, "Well, obviously it's his name. Hey King, I'm Marcos." He automatically wanted to make ally with this different, at first terrifying, person. He couldn't really see him with the hair in the way, but he could, and he had never felt this before, feel something deep down that was probably his gut instinct that this guy could come in very handy.

Ash looked at Marcos, noticing something different. Something... but she couldn't put her finger on it. Her eyes narrowed at Marcos, just like when they first met, and she kept staring, trying to figure out what it was. After a moment or two, she looked back at 'King' and kind of glared. She was not sure he was a comrad for sure. She didn't trust him. "Why would someone like you, help us?" She asked, trying to seem curious and innocent.

Marcos didn't say anything that time. He was now trying to work that out. Was he a good friend of Flint's, who would save them if Flint repayed a debt? He wasn't really sure, and it raced through his head. "Because you feel like it, right?" He turned to King and watched him. He knew Ash could feel something because she had given him a look again. "It's my hair, chill," he murmured to her.

She rolled her eyes and murmured back, "Yeah. Okay." She then stared at King, death in her eyes. She gritted her teeth and her claws extented a bit. Her ears folded back, and her tail flickered. She growled slightly and whispered to Marcos. "This guy... there's something not quite right with him..."

Marcos brought his hair out of his eyes, to reveal the blood-red irises. He smiled, "Why?" He had dropped his voice so only Ash, who was sat next to him, could hear him. "Don't...don't look like that, it's kinda scary..."

She looked at Marcos, freezing for a moment after looking at his eyes. She smirked. "Why hide them?" She whispered.

"I dunno. I was told they did something, to do with changing, but I'm not sure how they do it, and I don't know if it would be bad. So I avoid it," Marcos whispered back, before his head was screaming at him to shut up. He smiled, trying to ignore his head. It was easier. He didn't listen to himself much, and he wasn't doing so now. It wasn't helpful.

She yawned, her sharp teeth showing. "Yeah well... I guess I can stay calm after escaping..." Ash whispered before, without a care in a world at the moment, she rested her head on Marcos' shoulder and actually started to fall asleep.

Marcos almost pushed her off. The problem was, Ash kinda freaked him out. So, he stayed still and pushed his hair back into his eyes. He looked into the sky, and thought about what happened next. The sun shined on the wagon, and Marcos looked around, "So...what do we do now?"

King looked back at Marcos, his gaze held no emotion at all. He nodded at his words and added, "I didn't have anything planned this week and I'm getting tired of escaping from jail every five seconds." He looked for a place to put his giant hammer down so Flint opened a pocket dimension so he could do just that. He then continued to stare at the sky.

Flint shrugged his shoulders at Marcos's question and looked at Nyx.

As the cart jostled along, swaying and bouncing on its way to wherever it was Nyx was taking them, Assallya lowered her head, hiding her face beneath her golden curly locks and smirked. It was always humourous to her that people thought whispering could prevent eavesdropping. Some like her had ears of elven descent and could read lips. Furthermore she'd been trained as a spy, had honed her senses specifically to that purpose. It wasn't like she learned anything of true import, only that this Marcos was quite insecure and seemingly naive and that Ash seemed remarkably brazen in order to conceal her inner misgivings.

Then she turned her head, glancing askance out of the corner of her blue eyes, towards "King". He didn't seem to be a rebel. Why was he here? He'd asked for coin, a fair amount of coin for a mere peasant. Was he a mercenary or did he have some darker purpose she might exploit?

She was already playing angles, wondering if she could use King to some purpose, or this rebellion. She could attempt to turn them in, to give the tyrant king the location of this rebel base they were headed towards. There was a risk there. The King could easily have her executed as readily as the rebels or he might gift her with station. Then again, if by some miracle the rebels were to succeed she might be able to somehow find some scheme, she might even find herself queen.

"Nothing to do? I can't remember the last time there was nothing to do," Maarcos chuckled, "I always find something. But thanks anyways, I guess." He looked at Flint then. He didn't seem to be doing anything. None of this had emotion. He sighed.

Assallya had seemed to be listening in. Which sucked a lot. That wasn't on his mind though, not right now, because he hadn't said anything...at least, not enough. He could see there was something about all the people around him. They seemed to all be ready for something, but for what, Marcos wasn't really sure. "Why does it go so quiet? Is something happening?" he turned his head to look at Nyx, who was seemingly quiet, "What's going on?"

Ash opened her eyes and lifted her head quickly, embarrassed. She didn't like getting too close to people, and when she did she was careful about it. "Eh... sorry..." she told Marcos, not looking at him. Ash then looked at King. She made that face again.

Marcos didn't look at her, "No, it's fine." He was kinda tired himself but didn't want to miss a moment. "Did you sleep well?" It was a genuine question, but he meant it in a jokey way.

Ash chuckled and responded with, "There's no sleeping well on a shoulder for a pillow." She looked at Marcos then King. She sniffed the air, as if she were a dog looking for a bone.