Stolen [AllOurPrettySongs & DoughGuy]

Addison jolted awake, attempting to scramble backwards as her still sleep riddled brain struggled to process what was happening. As she woke up, bit by bit, her mind repeated what had been said. Liam? She knew a Liam.

She blinked and shook her head, clearing it further. "Liam? What...How did you find me?" There were a lot of questions rolling around in the dark haired girl's mind at this moment, but that was the one that made it out first.

Putting his knife back in the sheath Liam hurried over to Addison, immediately going for the manacle on her ankle. When he saw the heavy duty lock on it he frowned. "We found you by luck, me and Bruce. We've just been searching the whole countryside for small farmhouses. Your father's following their demands to buy some time, but he's not backing down yet." The way the man said it made it clear he felt proud by what her father was doing, "How many people are guarding you? Does one of them have the key? I didn't see any in the house."

Out the back the struggle continued. Justin's first strike had only grazed Bruce's stomach, the man's shirt took most of the force as it was cut. Now they were both on the ground with Justin half on top of the other man. He had the knife aimed down at Bruce's chest but the other man had a hold of the same hand and was holding it up for now. Justin had pinned Bruce's other harm beneath his own and his body but it meant he couldn't take advantage of the position. Instead he tried to pull his knee up and hit the man's thigh. Bruce grunted and tried to kick back, glancing off Justin's shin and causing him to grunt.

The knife wobbled in their grasps and Bruce tried to misdirect it, letting Justin push it down as he pulled to the side. He wasn't strong enough however, and the blade slammed down into his pinned arm. Justin smirked in triumph, but that quickly disappeared as Bruce howled in pain and smashed his fist into the man's face, sending him rolling away.

Addison felt her chest tighten slightly at Liam's words, though whether it was out of pride for her father or fear, she wasn't sure. She shook her head in response to his questions. "There's only one guy but others know where this place is. I don't know how many others."

She glanced over her shoulder at the protruding plate. "I've been trying to pull the whole chain free. I've done a little but if you help me it might work."

Addison wondered where Justin could be at this moment. She guessed that he would be struggling with Bruce, if one of them wasn't already dead. She hoped that he wasn't dead but, ultimately, was unsure of who 'he' was.

Justin jumped back onto his feet and dived right back at Bruce, giving him not time to recover. He didn't even have time to pull the knife from his arm before a barrage of punches began falling. With one arm in too much pain too move, it didn't matter that Justin's aim was obscured by a weeping eye, he couldn't block them all. Curling up into a ball it wasn't long before Bruce has been battered into unconsciousness. When he finally stopped moving Justin flopped onto the ground beside him, head aching in pain. Then he realised, there was probably more than one.

Liam glanced down at the chain then at the stairs. "It'll be quicker if I find the guy, he'll have the key to it. And I can help Bruce if he's having any trouble-" He was interrupted by the howl of pain, though who it belonged to was impossible to tell from in the basement. "I gotta go." Liam quickly said, no worried. Without another word he jogged upstairs and into the living room, pulling out his phone and sending off a quick text. He continued running out the front door, hearing the sounds of a struggle coming from out the back.

He didn't notice a second car had pulled up behind his. He also didn't notice the knife that went into his eye, before quickly piercing his heart twice. With a thump Liam's corpse fell to the ground.

Jacques wiped the blade on his shorts and then descended down into the basement, giving Addison his widest smile.

Addison opened her mouth to protest but was unable to say anything before Liam disappeared from the basement. She could hear faint commotion from up above but whether it was going in her favour or not was unknown.

She heard a heavy thump before a figure descended into the basement. She squinted into the light and felt her blood run cold at the sight of Jacques. No one to protect her now. Nothing to defend herself with.

"Back off." Was all Addison could manage, her voice strained.

Jacques ignored Addison and approached her slowly, in no rush at all and twirling his knife between his fingers expertly. "Looks like Daddy tried to be a big man." he said, still smiling, "He broke the rules. We'll have to punish him for that. Unfortunately for you, I can't reach him." The tall man reached forward and grabbed Addison by the hair and pulled her closer, pressing the now warm metal of his knife into the soft flesh of her neck. "Let's see, how many fingers do you think you can live without?"

Ignoring the pain in his face Justin Pushed himself up, retrieving his knife from Bruce's arm. He ran back towards the house but stopped dead when he saw the body in the doorway. The man was dressed the same at the one he had fought, so who had killed him? With a building dread he ran into the house and into the basement, where he saw Jacques holding Addison. "Jacques." he said quietly, "What are you doing?"

The tattooed man turned to face him and glared at him darkly, "The boss decided you needed some backup, you're lucky I arrived shithead. And now, I'm gonna take my reward."

Addison grimaced as she was grabbed by the psychopath, her scalp burning under the pressure. She gripped Jacque's wrist and pulled herself up somewhat to relieve some of the pain, careful to not force the blade further against her throat. It rested just above her scar, unfortunately. If it had sat on her scar instead, it wouldn't be so painful.

She looked over at Justin, silently asking for help. A part of her, however, doubted that she would get it this time. The gangster was out for blood and didn't look like he was going to back down anytime soon.

"Jacques, you don't have to do this. We can come to an agreement, yeah?" Addison said quickly, desperately.

Justin lowered the hand holding his knife down to his waist, his grip loose upon the handle. Even if he took Jacques by surprise and attacked now the other man was fast enough to slip Addison's throat and turn to deal with him before he reached him. And in a one on one knife fight he would never kill the other man, he was too fast. But he could throw a knife. The only risk was if he hit Addison instead, he'd be doing Jacques's work for him. He could see her eyes asking for help, but didn't know how he could without making things worse.

Jacques slid the knife along Addison's neck, not cutting it just moving the blade, sliding it down her chest and then back to her neck. "Be a good boy and call her father for me Justin and we'll teach him not to do this again." he said, ignoring her pleas barring an even wider smile at her panic.

With an idea Justin pulled out his phone with his free hand and threw it at Jacques, call him yourself." he said, waiting for the moment.

Jacque's hand came away from Addison's hair to catch the phone and she took the opportunity to stumble backwards away from the blade and it's insane wielder. It was only a temporary solution to an ongoing problem but she hoped that Justin had something planned.

Addison reacted perfectly to Justin's throw as Jacques caught the phone. Catching the phone had distracted the man, and her moving had distracted him further. He had acted on reflex letting her go rather than doing what he wanted. Justin sprang forward and his arm shot upwards, throwing the knife right at Jacques. The man's eyes widened as he saw it coming and he tried to dodge but for once he wasn't fast enough. It struck him in his right shoulder, but the blade only went half in.

Justin's fist slammed into the hilt with a crack and shoved the entire blade in. Jacques's arm spasmed and he dropped the knife. Justin's other fist hit him in the face and sent him reeling, but he was a fighter. His foot slammed into Justin's shin and he used the phone as a weapon, punching it into Justin's chest. Releasing a large cough in response to the hit Justin tackled Jacques, slamming his shoulder into the man's stomach and sending them both falling to the floor.

Addison quickly retreated to the nearest corner, sitting down and hugging her knees to her chest, attempting to make herself appear as small as possible. It was something she had often done as a child when her father was 'negotiating' with someone. She allowed herself to bury her face into her knees, not caring that she broke her rule of constant vigilance.

On the ground Justin focused on one thing, the knife. He knew if he could get to it he could win this, and with only one hand Jacques was limited. As the man pounded on his head and back with the phone Justin used his hands to protect himself and adjusted into position. Then he shot his hand out, grabbed the knife handle, and pulled down. The blade slid easily through Jacques's flesh until it his the first rib and slipped out. The phone beating immediately stopped as Jacques screamed in pain. Taking the opportunity Justin suddenly sat up and slammed the freed knife into Jacques's throat. The scream died immediately as it was replaced by a fountain of blood Justin couldn't entirely avoid. Letting go of the blade he jumped up off the dying man and fall backwards onto his rear, ending up near Addison.

The blood soon stopped flowing and Jacques's chest stopped moving, as did the rest of his body. Justin let out a shuddering breath and turned to look at Addison, wondering if she was hurt.

Addison looked up slowly, seeing the dead man laying in front of her, blade protruding from his throat. A dark liquid seeped from the multiple wounds, spreading out and sliding closer to the pair. She shifted out of the path of one rivulet of blood, only then noticing Justin beside her.

He was clearly injured but, to the untrained eye, had suffered no serious wounds. She looked at him silently before reaching out and taking his hand.

Justin's whole upper body ached. Tomorrow morning he would be a mass of bruises from the phone and Bruce's fist. His eye had stopped weeping from the first punch at least, though it would be black tomorrow. And worst of all he was beginning to feel the pain in his finger where he suspected it had been broken. Punching a knife hilt was not something hands were made for.

He forgot those thoughts however, when Addison reached out and took his hand. He looked down at them, actively holding hers back, then looked at her face. He couldn't tell what she was thinking. "Are you ok?" he asked her.

Addison nodded, somewhat tentatively, and gave Justin a small smile. "I should be asking you. You took quite a beating," She looked down at their hands briefly, quietly content with him returning her gesture.

"Maybe...you should abandon this. Just let me go and leave town. My dad, he's gone a bit mad on this one."

I've had worse." Justin replied, though as the adrenaline began to wear off he wasn't sure how true that statement would be. His legs seemed fine though, so he should be able to walk. Whether his brain would be able to form definite thoughts was another matter. At her second sentence he looked back to Jacques body and thought about the two other men. Using his good hand he pulled out the key to her manacle and unlocked it so that Addison was now free. "I'll wait here ... make up some story that covers what happened. But ... you can go." he gave her a small smile as well.

Addison heard the sound of the manacle being unlocked before she felt the absence of now familiar pressure. Her gaze shifted to her ankle, now looking unusual without being semi covered.

She faltered. For some reason, Addison didn't feel compelled to leave. Her demands of freedom now seemed unappealing and something said in the heat of the moment: passionate but not meant.

"I..." She began, then stopped. Looking at Justin for a few moments, the dark haired girl could only feel conflicted. "Are you sure?"

"It's not safe for you to stay so I can't go. And after this ... I-" he was cut off by a sudden buzzing noise coming from Jacques's body. Crawling over to it Justin pulled out the man's phone and opened the message.

The bitch's father is attacking the docks. Get over to Justin and make her scream for daddy.

Justin froze. He didn't know Jacques's last name, he couldn't buy them any time. They'd notice something wrong soon. "Or ... or we could run together." he said quietly, looking back at Addison, amazed at his own words.

Addison peered over Justin's shoulder at the text, grimacing at the words. Her father had really gone to far this time; was it he cared too much, or not at all? She tore her gaze from the screen, looking wide eyed at Justin.

He had caught her off guard, forcing her into stunned silence for a few moments. "Are you serious?" She murmured, searching his face for an answer. "You'd do that?"

Justin gazed over Addison, not in a sexual manner but searching. He knew that he wasn't going to hurt her now. And if he didn't hurt her after killing Jacques there was no way for him to go back to the gang. But more than that he wanted to leave with her. Everything pointed in the same direction. "I do. We can leave all this behind together."