Stolen [AllOurPrettySongs & DoughGuy]

Addison was seemingly frozen in time, not moving, not speaking, apparently not even breathing. She blinked slowly, seemingly coming back to herself, before standing up carefully. Addison looked down at Justin and gave him a somewhat playful smile.

"Well, let's go, then," Addison offered him her hand. "If you can stand."

"Think I can manage that for now." Justin replied, taking Addison's offered hand and rising to his feet. He was a little shaky on them but didn't seem to be in any danger of falling over. "Let's go indeed." he said.

Addison led him out of the basement hand in hand. Her expression almost betrayed her feeling of almost giddy happiness - something she wasn't prone to. Pausing for a moment to look around and figure out what was where, she headed towards the front door.

"Is this locked or, I don't know, booby trapped?" Addison asked. She knew that Justin was fairly professional and didn't put it past him to add traps around the place.

Just gladly let Addison lead him out of the basement and through the house as he tried to get a grip on his thoughts. There was a lot of confusion about what was in there, but there was definitely happiness. And pain, but he could deal with that.

As she asked about the front door Justin tugged on her hand lightly to let her know she should stop. If it hadn't been for her question he probably wouldn't have remembered in his current state. "No traps. But ... you should be prepared. Jacques met one of your father's men by the door and it ended badly for the latter."

Addison grimaced slightly at the thought but soon retuned to stoicism, determined to not let the news affect her. This was her world, this was how it worked; people died. Sometimes she knew them and sometimes she didn't.

Taking a deep breath, she slowly opened the door. An outline of a fallen body was clearly nearby and that was enough for her. Addison stared ahead and walked past briskly, pulling Justin along with her. There was no time to dwell.

Justin continued to let Addison pull him along as they exited the house and started walking outside. "I moved my car around the back." he said to her, "But we could take one of those cars." By the moonlight he could see the outlines of the other two cars that had pulled up during the night.

Addison nodded and walked over to the nearest car, releasing Justin's hand to open the driver side door and peered inside. The keys had been left in the ignition; it seemed that the driver had wanted the option of a quick getaway.

She stood up straight once again, looking over the top of the car at Justin. "Hop in."

Opening up the passenger side door Justin half sat half fell into the car seat with a sigh. Things were very rapidly coming back to the realm of feeling. His hand was a black knot of pain and he wasn't sure when he had authorised the paperwork for construction inside his head. Whoever was using that jackhammer was going to have to answer to him. Despite this he did manage to turn to Addison and give her a smile, "Let's leave this place behind."

Addison turned on the engine before hesitating for a moment. "I have to go and get some things from my house. I can't just leave everything behind," She looked at him curiously. "Unless you have my mobile or something else of mine?"

"Oh. I ..." Justin replied, then reached into his pockets. There was a band of more hand ties which he quickly dropped to the floor to be forgotten, and then he pulled out her wallet and phone which he had taken from her when he had first kidnapped her. "Is this what you need?" he asked, passing them to her.

Addison gave him a wry smile. "Thanks," She pulled away from the house and onto the dirt road, taking it slowly as she didn't know the twists and turns.

"Where are we going, exactly?" She asked, one hand on the steering wheel and the other turning on her phone.

Justin lapsed into silence for awhile as he thought about where to go. They needed somewhere he could heal before they could run properly. But they also needed money to run. "Maybe we should ... go into New Orleans. I have money in my apartment, if we can beat my gang there we can get further. Its a risk, but I don't think they'll be onto me for awhile."

"What if my father is skulking around? New Orleans is his home, after all." Addison queried, a hint of trepidation in her voice. Of course she wasn't afraid of her own father - he was indirectly violent - but she was afraid for Justin, having no doubt that he would be murdered.

"Its a big city. We can hope he's not in the same area as us. If he does manage to find us we can run. Grab a car and just take off. It is a big risk, but we need cash if we're going to get out of here." That wasn't entirely true. But if they didn't have cash the only way he knew to survive was to fall back into the same environment they were escaping and he wouldn't have that.

Addison heaved a resigned sigh, perturbed by the fact that Justin was right. They needed money or they'd never even make it out of town. Nodding silently, she drove out onto the highway that lead into the dirt road they had been on. Glancing up at a nearby sign, she knew them to be not far from inner New Orleans. She drove on.

As Addison drove Justin let his body's natural reaction take over and drifted off to sleep for the car ride. It was only a short nap as they were soon in the city and the brighter lights woke him right back up, but it helped. He gave Addison instructions to get to his apartment. It was in one of the less good areas of the city, on the third floor.

Addison pulled over and turned off the engine, pocketing the key as she slowly exited the car, glancing around in a slightly fretful manner. The street appeared to be empty, save for the slumped figures of vagrants.

She walked with Justin into his apartment building and up decaying stairs to his floor. It was definitely not the kind of place that she was familiar with, besides the short stay in one such place, long ago.

Arriving at the door to his apartment Justin put his ear to it as he pulled out his keys. He highly doubted anyone would be inside but it didn't hurt to double check. After half a minute he was sure and he inserted the keys, unlocking the door. He pulled Addison inside and shut the door behind them. Then, out of nowhere, he pulled her close with his good arm and gave her a much more passionate kiss than their last one. After a few seconds of that he let her go and gave her a wink.

His apartment itself was slightly nicer than the building, it had floor and furniture that weren't rotting. It was clear he probably could live someone better but was choosing somewhere worse to hide himself.

Addison had been about to comment on how nice the apartment itself was, perhaps even commend him on his halfway decent decorating skills, when he suddenly drew her close and kissed her. She only briefly kissed him back, not given much time to react.

At his smug expression on their parting, she gave a good natured huff and sat herself down on the small couch. "You best watch yourself." She threatened lightly.

"Just proving my kissing has good style." Justin replied, flashing Addison a smile at the reference to their previous conversation, "You best watch yourself too." he added, in a flirting tone. He had to admit, it was much more enjoyable to flirt when there was attraction there and you weren't verbally dueling the other person.

Limping over to the cupboard in the living room he opened it up and peeled back a false floor to reveal a few thousand in cash. "Can you grab a plastic bag from the kitchen to carry this in?" he asked as he began pulling it out of its hiding spot.