Stolen [AllOurPrettySongs & DoughGuy]

Addison shrugged in a restricted manner. "I don't know. Anything. We can play twenty questions. I know you're curious about me," She lifted one eyebrow, her expression prompting. "It'll be fun. Pass the time."

Justin shrugged in return. "Fine then. We'll try." The steaks still had a bit more time they had to rest so there was nothing else to do he told himself. "I was born in New Orleans. It's always been my home though I've moved around a lot within it. Where'd you come from?"

"I was born in New Orleans and I moved around a little with dad. Mostly stayed in the general downtown area, though." Addison replied.

She appeared thoughtful for a moment, her brow furrowing before she smiled at Justin. "How old are you?"

"I'm 26." he replied, taken slightly aback by her smile. Where the hell had that come from? "How old are you?" He looked her over but couldn't really tell. He guessed she was around his age but whether she was a bit younger of a bit older he had no idea.

"I'm twenty three," Addison replied. "Which means you're old as hell." She smirked a little before turning her gaze to the steaks. Her stomach rumbled again, louder this time, and she grimaced.

"You think those are ready?" She asked, sounding hopeful. Despite her slim body, she could eat more than was strictly necessary. A fast metabolism, or something along those lines, is what a doctor once told her during one of her few check ups.

"And you should obey your elders you young whippersnapper." Justin replied, uncharacteristically making a joke. He even laughed at Addison's stomach grumbling. "They'll be ready once we're back in position." he said, a little sadly. Pulling out his knife he cut the handtie attaching Addison to the one on the cupboard and led her back down to the basement. Once she was manacled in again he cut her hands free then went back upstairs. He put the steaks on a plate each, noting which was cooked more, and added the sides. Then he pulled out two knives and two forks. This was where he had to be careful. Carrying the plates down he put Addison's easily within her reach along with the utensils, "Bon Appetite."

Addison arched an eyebrow at Justin's harmless joke and smiled. Maybe she was actually getting somewhere with him and could get out of this place - with his help. She sighed as she was lead back into the basement and once again chained. Opting to sit on the floor, she sat cross-legged and picked up the utensils.

Addison regarded the knife briefly, as if considering hurling it at Justin but instead tore her gaze away and sliced a piece off of the steak and ate it. "So, you're not terrible at cooking steak. You're just full of surprises."

Justin walked over to his chair and sat down in it to begin eating. He kept his eye on Addison as he ate, making sure she didn't try anything while she had the knife. Not to toot his own horn he thought the steak was cooked pretty well. "I'm a man of many talents." he replied.

Addison eyed him for a moment. "I'm sure you are." She responded in a cryptic tone. She returned her attention to her meal and continued eating, her stomach now silent, thankfully.

She wondered how long it was until her father was to meet the first demand, if he even intended to. She also wondered when that Jaques would return and an involuntary shiver traveled up her spine.

"Curious about what else I've got hidden?" Justin said with a smirk. His own meal was disappearing quickly into his stomach even with him keeping an eye on her. He caught an odd look on her face, not knowing she was thinking of Jacques, and wondered if he should ask her about it. But he decided not to, there was a lot she had gone through that it could be and he was involved in most of it.

"Please, does that actually work on girls?" Addison rolled her eyes at Justin's somewhat suggestive tone. "Or only the ones too drunk to stand?"

She continued to eat her steak until it - far too quickly for her liking - disappeared. She set down her utensils and crossed her arms.

"Still feeling a little horny from earlier eh?" Justin replied, "Thinking about what I've got hidden?" His tone might've been a bit suggestive but he hadn't been intending it that way. He gave her another smirk as he finished off his own steak, putting both utensils on the plate then holding that in one hand.

He crouched down in front of Addison though out of her reach, and held out his other hand, "Put your knife and fork on the plate and kick it towards me." he said.

Addison looked like she was going to throw up at Justin's words but soon complied with the order, placing the utensils on the plate and kicking it towards him. It skidded, making a sound painful to listen to.

"You're such a pig." She muttered, shaking her head. All men manged to be the same in the end.

Justin winced slightly as the plate traveled towards him, screeching along the ground. He picked up it up as it came to a stop, making sure it was whole and the knife and fork were both there undamaged. He stacked it on top of his own as he started walking upstairs. His only responsive to Addison's words was a wink towards her before he disappeared upstairs. Once there he went to the kitchen and gave the plates a quick rinse before leaving them in the sink. Then his phone vibrated in his pocket. Pulling it out he read the message from his leader, "Old man off the docks, step one complete."

Addison stood as Justin left - her hands been left unbound. She lifted her leg, inspecting the manacle. Maybe with the added strength of her arms, she could pull the chain from the wall. It was somewhat rusted at the wall; clearly it had been there for awhile. Gripping the chain, Addison leaned backwards, pulling the chain taut with all of her weight. It gave a groan of protest but didn't move. She gritted her teeth and pulled harder, feeling the gritty metal biting at her palms but ignoring it.

Justin responded to the text with a simple, "Engleton Received." As soon as it was sent he deleted his message from his phone so his name was gone. He had no ID on him and had a fake last name to use if someone caught him. It was a simple way to code his message so his leader knew it was him and not someone else using his phone. And if someone using the fake name then texted his leader the man would know instantly he was captured. He began walking towards the basement entrance, wondering how Addison would take the news her father did care.

Addison instantly stopped her escape attempt as she heard Justin approaching the basement. She fixed her hair and smoothed down her clothes before sitting down, hoping that she appeared casual. She was a little out of breath from exertion but she closed her eyes and focused on her breathing, forcing it to calm down and her heart rate to relax. Addison would set back to work on the chain when she was alone again.

Justin came down the stairs to see Addison sitting on the ground with her eyes closed. He arched an eyebrow in curiosity at her posture, was she trying to sleep? "Oi, Addison. Good news for the both of us, your father's men are off the docks. Looks like he's co-operating."

Addison opened her eyes and allowed a small smile. So, her father was actually co-operating this time. Her smile faded as she was involuntarily taken back to the first time she was kidnapped. Her father had waited until the very last minute to start co-operating, almost costing Addison her life. As they were driving away from where she had been held, she remembered looking at her father with exhausted eyes and a pained expression, her wounds still bleeding. Reaching out a shaking hand, she had tapped his arm to gain his attention.

"Dad, why did you take so long?"

Her father had paused for a long time, considering his daughter. When he spoke, he looked away from her, turning his eyes back to the road ahead. "We don't back down, Addison. Regardless of the consequences."
That had confused her. Was she simply a consequence? Later on, she had learned the term 'collateral damage'. Pulling herself from the memory, Addison looked at Justin, her expression now changing to one of mock hurt.

"Good news for you? You want to be rid of me so bad, huh?"

Justin could tell her expression was not sincere easily and responded in kind, "Oh Addison, I wish to be together forever but your father would never allow it!" Then he chuckled, "As much as I enjoy your company dear Addison, there's a pile of money waiting for me back home I'd rather be spending time with." Part of her father's payment for this was a bonus for him he the man pulled through, as well as some promised free time to spend it in. He was very much looking forward to that.