Stockholm Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That certainly took off her intoxication." Adrian chuckled, closing the door behind him and welcomed his room. Who knew? She was sweet and all when she's drunk, but in reality? She was a wild, untamed beast who liked to shout in a silent house. How troublesome, he couldn't wait to get rid of her -- soon enough. Then he can look forward to the dog's reaction about his girlfriend.

How amusing.

After a simple, quick wash, he headed to bed in his underwear. Allowing himself to sink into the silky bedsheets, and his toned body gliding under the covers. It felt comfortable, relaxing. Ah, sleep. A gateway to escape the stress that occured outside his room, escaping the loud noise Lisette made, and the annoying whines of his grandson.

lisette sank Into the tub water as well

trying not to think about Adrian's ways and focus on herself

she sighed letting the hot water consume her body

she had made her mind up. she was going to quit stripping

and focus on school ...after she finished college maybe move back to Lebanon

close to home..if Eric loved her maybe he would go to..

but she was thinking too far into to future for now she needed

to just relax ..yes relax.

she got out of the water and rapped herself in a warm towel falling

into her bed..the house was quiet for once

peaceful...

hopefully she would sleep right through the hangover ...

somehow get the thought of Adrian off her mind

after all he was just another asshole ....right?

It was a bright morning, and with these wide and glassy windows that the house had, sunlight seeped into the house as soon as it came. Filling the main floor with the warm sunshine, those kinds of mornings were Jesse's ideal mornings. Mornings that made him turn on the TV to some weird kids show while eating breakfast. But even in the midst of it, he couldn't help but think about what the other two were up to last night -- they were practically gone when he woke up -- leaving him to order some pizza and tab it on Adrian's credit card.

"Where are you going?" Jesse asked, stuffing his face with toasted Eggo waffles and pointed towards Adrian who scurried down the stairs while he buttoned his coat. He raised a skeptical eyebrow at his grandfather, who usually was supposed to awake a little later.

"Work, where else?" Adrian retorted, fixing his cuffs till his eyes travelled at the bag under Jesse's feet. Just like his grandson, he raised a skeptical brow, much like what Jesse conjured a few moments ago, "Where are you going?"

"French camp." he said through a happy smile, swallowing his food before continuing, "I got in."

"For how long?"

"For like, a wee --- hey." Jesse said, frowining at the fact that Adrian was looking forward to his departure. What an asshole. He cursed under his breath before looking over at him quietly and asked, "Why so early?"

"Because I have to be home early."

"Why --- oh." Jesse said as his voice slightl lowered, his gaze lingered on his phone's calendar as he gained the knowledge of what today's date was. It was Ling's birthday. "It's that Ling guy's birthday, that's why. Right?"

"Exactly."

"Where's Lisette?"

"Drowning in her fucking bathtub." Adrian said without remorse or hesitance, grabbing his keys from the hook and headed out the house. He had no time to worry about Lisette, for the thought of her already stressed him out. She was a handful to handle, too untamed, too wild, but he can't get her out of his head, it must be because he created her. Yeah, that must be it.

"Not funny!" Jesse called out as the door closed, "Ass."

When Lisette got out of the bath, she felt as though a weight had been lifted

from her body, her hangover was still comming no doubt, however, all of last nights

drama seemed almost like a dream now.

She was just moisturizing her face when she heard something about french camp

She smiled,

so he took my advice?

She threw on one of Erics jerseys she had taken from his house, and came out, putting her wet hair up before

comming around the table and beginning to start up some coffee before turning to Jesse

"Dont tell me you are leaving me with that jerk" She said, with a smile on her face

though she couldn't help but be happy that Jesse was getting out of the house

going some where to get air and be free

one of them had to.

"Considering the fact that I'm stuck in this hellhound longer than you ever did, I deserve it." Jesse smiled brightly, bringing his plate towards the sink and motioned towards the fridge p, opening it and reached out to the jug of orange juice, "I personally think the actual wilds are more peaceful than this house, honestly." he chuckled, taking a glass from the cabinet and began pouring it into the glass.

He paused for a moment, before drinking the glass of juice till it was half-empty and with a big swallow, he settled the glass down on the counter with a face that looked like he drank a litre of cough medicine, "Disgusting." he muttered, coughing lightly before drinking the other half and gave a soft groan, sticking his tongue out in disgust, "I hate orange juice --- I hate juice, basically."

Jesse looked around, before washing the glass he drank from, "Just to let you know, be cautious of Adrian today. It's apparently that time of the year, where he's just... Totally out of character."

If Jesse meant by out of character, being more of an asshole

then she believed he had already out did himself on that note but she heeded his warning

that time of the year huh?

She would normally metal and ask exactly what she should be being cautious for

but considering this was their house, and their living situation she just nodded once and took her coffee out

"Your the first kid I have ever met that hates juice you know that?... have fun at french camp Im going to miss you"

She said it in a playful way, but she meant it. she would, jesse was the light in this dark house

she hugged him tightly -a mom hug

"do you need a ride to...the camp bus or some shit like that?" She asked curiously.

She was knew to this little brother-mommy type of situation, but she was almost certain it should go something like this.

"Juice screws up my throat." Jesse said bitterly, sighing. This hug felt good, it reminded him of those days when the babysitter would hug him to stop him from crying. Those maternal, comforting hugs that he never felt when his mother hugged him. When his mother hugged him, it felt like it was more of an obligation rather than something she wanted to do from the heart, "But the doctor told me to keep drinking, I'm a sickly kid and orange juice often did the trick."

Somehow, in this moment and time --- even though Lisette was just nothing but a few good years older than him, she felt like his mother figure. The sort of one that he had been looking for, for a very long time.

"Nah, you don't have your car with you right now. Yes I know about it, just because I only saw his car at the garage while yours was missing in action. Anyways, don't worry about it -- I bet he will get it for you." Jesse said reassuringly before pulling away from the tight hug and grabbed his bags, "I'll take the bus, you go do your business." then he paused, looking back at her, "About Adrian, today is Ling's birthday... So he's for surely going to be all over about it. And about that, I'll let you find out for yourself." he grinned before heading towards the door and opening it.

"If you want food, just look around -- there's some creepy guys who can be a good riddance."

With that, Jesse was gone. It was only going to be her, and Adrian for the next 7 days.

How fun.

lisette remembered them mentioning ling once before

but because they were in the heat of an argument, she had really

not even paid it no mind but obviously it was a big deal.

she nodded and thought deeply of who this giu could be.. he must have been special

for Adrian to spend this time on it... her thoughts were interrupted by Jesse's

comment about the car ...she had even forgotten it wasn't here for a moment

"damn your right..well I tried... and don't worry I'm going to try

and stay out as long as possible tonight...don't worry I know where a lot of creeps are"

she said, rolling her eyes and thinking of her job..they may have been wealthy

but they were a far cry from normal.

she watched as Jesse left out of the door quickly... and then she was alone ...

she went up stairs and git inside her bed...when she awoke she would go straight

to work... she didn't know who ling was, but she assumed it was a mourning type of situation

and in her years of dealing with people who dealt with mourning

it was always best to just leave them to it.

especially in Adrians case..every mourned differently

but Adrian was a vampire...and she didn't want to find out how

he decided to release his pain...

she would rather much go make money...

so that's what she would do

in her and Adrian's case, space was a good thing..

lots and lots of it

"Adrian, are you still sane?"

"Sane as a saint... Kyle." Adrian chuckled, but in all honesty he didn't now if he still was. It might be him, or it might be the alcohol talking -- he didn't know anymore, he didn't care at all. Today was the day, where his composure, his class, his reasoning was second prioirity. It was probably around only five o' clock, but he cared less -- he was eager to get drunk, "I... I saw him Kyle, Zhè zhǒng gǒu de húndàn! (That bastard of a dog!)" he yeled out to the open window of his car, which now Kyle drives for the meantime.

"Yes, you must be proud of yourself." Kyle said, nodding. S.O.P with drunk people? Play along. It was not like he played along, and agreed for the sake of it. He was really impressed, he remembered the first time that Adrian had told him the tale, the way he swore to look for him, and kill him. Kyle didn't object however, he had every right to. He knew of the long feud between vampires and werewolves, but involve a child? A human child, a little brother to this battle? And die at the sake of it? It was too much.

"Wǒ yào shā sǐ tā. (I want to kill him)" Adrian mumbled sinking down the passenger seat, taking a shot of the vodka he held onto and bursted out laughing as if he were being amused by something all of a sudden, "I want to kill him emotionally, then physically. Gǎnshòu dào wǒ de tòngkǔ. (To feel my pain)"

Kyle sighed, he was used to this -- he had been dealing with it since forever. But yet in the words that were always nothing but words, there was a changed in it. Progress. Now, instead of a plain little ambition -- Kyle had a feeling that everythign that Adrian swore to do was not just words. He wanted to do it, and slightly terrified him, but respected his friend all the same,"You're almost there, how do you feel?" he asked, stopping his car at the parkway of Adrian's house, during these types of days, he handled the company matters. Adrian needed his dose of sulking, this distraction might affect work, so might as wll take over in the meantime.

"Stresssssed." Adrian answered in a heavy tone, clicking the car door open and kicked it open. He walked out of the car, his bottle still in his hand as his other worked on loosening his tie, because the heat the built into his body crept along his skin, making him feel hot all over.

"Ah, that's too bad." Kyle said, acquiescing lightly as he helped Adrian towards the doorway, taking the keys from Adrian's grasp and unlocked the door open, "Rest now."

"Am I home? Oh yes, yes I am. Is that wild woman still around? LISETTEEEEEEEE, LISETTEEEEEEEEEEE!"

(whoa... drunk as hell!!!!!!!!!!! )

tumblr_lr6kl43djc1r17hbvo1_500.jpg

Lisette was in a daze, thinking about whether or not she should go to work

She had already gotten dressed to go to work, but she just realized she didnt want to see

Erics face, not today... normally when they argued they got over it pretty quickly

-a healthy relationship is what you could call it, but ever since she had gotten bitten she was under a lot of stress

is that why she had gotten so drunk? she still felt buzzed, but good enough to drive.... she had just gotten up and gotten her keys

when she heard him calling her

" LISETTEEEEEEEE, LISETTEEEEEEEEEEE!"

why the hell was he calling her name like that? She quickly took one last glance at herself, before throwing a coat on,

to somewhat hide the lingerie until she got to the club and some shades before going down stairs

"What...?" She snapped,

what the...?

She knew a drunk daze when she seen one....

he was drunk... very drunk.. why?

was Ling this important to him? She wanted to go right past him, hope his ass falls on the way inside

but something inside wouldnt let her. She rolled her eyes taking off her shades and glaring at him

"Way to be fucking responsible Adrian.. your lucky Jesse went to camp..."

She said going over to the coffee maker "Black or cream?"

"Ah, considering the fact that you are alive --- means that he cannot kill you. Vampire, I presume?" Kyle said, raising a skeptic brow as he settled Adrian down on the stool that sat under the kitchen island. He patted Adrian's shoulder awkwardly, before looking back at Lisette. Even though he had seen her face once, her face was enough to remember even in a slightest glance. It made his assumption of her being a vampire seem to be a lot more valid, "Don't answer that, however I leave you to his hands --- ah, correction, I leave him to your hands."

"I don't need coffee, I need more alcohol damn it!" Adrian snapped, frowning as he slammed a fist on the hard surface -- his tone rising as he glared at both Kyle and Lisette.

Kyle sighed, "You have already drank more than you should, my friend."

"So? I'm a fucking vampire! Wǒ bùnéng sǐ! (I cannot die!)" Adrian retorted in stressed syllables, leaning to his side lightly, leaning an arm on the table for support, "Fuck dying."

"He's yours now." Kyle shrugged, succumbing to the fact that he can leave him be since there is a woman to take care of him. This was a rare sight, usually it would be him to clean up after him, but now since there is a woman who could be his surrogate, why not? There is a nice bar near downtown, picking up a few women for entertainment sounded nice. He patted Adrian's shoulder once again, nodding his head towards Lisette before heading out of the house to leave them be.

Now it was only the two of them.

Lisette tied the robe around her tighter staring at him in disbelief

"Me! I have to work! I cant deal with this!" She called after kyle

She slowly turned towards Adrian glaring at him "Your fucking ridiculous you know that right?"

She said taking her phone out and touching the screen, a picture of her and Eric lit up in her face,

she quickly went to his number and called him... of course no answer.

Fucking asshole.

Was he still mad? what was this? 'men act childish' month?

She then dialed a friend - a fellow dancer "Hello? Hi Tiffany... I was wondering.. will you fill in for me tonight?...

.... I know I know but I just cant... Im taking care of a friend who is mentally incapacitated..... thanks so much I owe you..

.." She hung up, still looking at Adrian... why did she have to care for this man? This was not her job.

But she couldnt help but feel sympathy... some where... somewhere deep deep deep deep down she found some sympathy.

Why would Adrian, this well organized, great business man stoop to this level...

Ling must have been very important

she would ask... but he was drunk -what could he possibly want to talk about

she simply settled the coffee in front of him and leaned on the counter, arms folded.

"Drink up."

No, he didn't want to.

This was the only time of the year he acted this way, he didn't want wake up yet. Just not yet.

"It's his birthday, it's my little brother's birthday..." Adrian in a slightly slurred manner, ignoring the coffee and opened the bottle of vodka that Kyle left beside him, drinking it up like as if it were water. As soon as it came close to one-third empty, he settled it down on the table, looking towards the coffee cup, as if seeing a vision, "If he didn't die, he'd be here. Laughing, asking questions, lots and lots of questions... Just like the curious boy that he was..." he laughed lightly, almost pathetically.

"Probably, I won't even opt to be a full vampire, probably I would just be a half. Wait for old age to kick in.... Work, settle down, and watch my brother live his life, and fulfill dreams. But noooooo...." he said outloud, slashing a hand through the air to indicate how that future did not happen, looking at Lisette intently, "Some dog just had to kill him. Then there it went, I watched him die, bleeding, sad and in pain. He was only five..."

He bowed his head down, letting his emotions drown his chest with it's heavy impact, "Everytime I cared, something bad just happens. Do you see it now Lisette? I can't be nice to Jesse, if I did... he might die too. It seemed like everyyytimeee I cared about someone, they just seem to die on me. My brother Ling died, my sister died, my mom died. I'm a fucking orphan."

"Maybe... If everything just went well, I wouldn't have to meet you... Or your loud, feisty ways..."

And just what was that last part supposed to mean?

Under different circumstances, she might have taken his comment to heart.... but

she saw the pain he was feeling, she seen it behind the vodka.

And what a sad story...

its so funny, when your drunk how the truth comes out...

she sighed still leaning back on the counter, she gave him space.. he needed it.

The reason her father had really moved her to the states at a young age was so that she didnt have to see the

poverty going on around Lebanon at the time... her family members died of diseases and sickness..

of course her father obviously over came it, and moved her out the moment he got the chance to along with her mother

so young in fact that she didnt even remember it...

"I guess.. having memories of those youve loved and lost can be harder than not remembering anything at all.." She shrugged thinking to herself

about the situation.. Adrians situation..

She slowly walked over to the other side of the counter opposite of him and took his vodka pouring herself some

and taking a shot. Just one.

"Im going to need this dealing with you all night.." She said with a smirk but then clearing her throat

"Look... you cant deprive Jesse because of what happened to Ling... do you think Ling would want that?... I dont"

She said thoughtfully. She didnt know the boy, but she was sure...

"You should never forget... but you need to move on Adrian.. let things be... he isnt suffering anymore."

She hoped that came out right.. again she was still buzzed, but she was almost certain that came out right.

"How about some movies and alcohol?" She said smiling and closing the blinds in the house and the windows.

"Whenever one of my friends ...or me.. was upset we would just have a day in away from everything...

what do you think?" She said, after closing the blinds going over to the movie case to look for a movie

"What are you in the mood for? horror? chick flick?"

She didnt know how to handle men when they were vulnerable but she knew what helped women..

she hoped she was doing something slightly right.

"He is not at peace!" Adrian snapped, waving a hand anxiously, refusing to accept whatever she had said. He can't, he just can't. It's a solution he simply didn't want to do. Eric was still alive, and killing him was probably the most rational ting he can ever do, "If I move on, then my purpose would be perished -- I will not be able to avenge him."

Silence.

"Don't comfort me, I don't need it. Join me." he insisted, motioning a hand towards the stool beside him and pushed the vodka towards that direction and looked at her, in a slight slurred daze. Yes, she should join him. Both of them, drown and engulf in ther own miseries. Even though he was drunk, he wasn't dumb -- he knew she had problems too. Everyone does. "Stop acting heroic, you know you can't. I'd rather you stay the way you are."

His voice had startled her the way it had raised

"Maybe he is at peace and you are the one not..." She reasoned...

People who die -there is always someone trying to avenge, or blame someone...

Reluctantly, she

came over to the stool next to him and sat on it

You dont want me to be rude but you dont want me to comfort?....

"Heroic! Im only trying to help you your such a-"

Before she finished she noticed something... he wasn't really listening to her

She sighed,

She never turned down alcohol... and despite the circumstances she wouldn't

pick today to start turning it down.

She took the vodka, she was a professional when it came to getting drunk and soaking in miseries...

he didnt have to tell her twice.

She took it straight from the bottle just like it was water or her favorite juice..

Something told her this was not the way to help him.. but who was she to help him?

he was right.

She was already buzzed... it didnt take long for the alcohol to get into her system and start

serperating reality and a clear state of mind from what she was feeling now.

"Fine. Two drunk people.. we are real mature about handling things huh?... I think we are alcoholics.."

I know I am.

"I know I am, I just don't show it. It's not... What do you call it? Properrrrrr." he said in a dark chuckle, watching her drink from his bottle. Smirking, he was amused -- no kids, they were just here, wasting their bloody lives with a murderous liquid they named vodka. It didn't only made him feel good, alcohol made them do the most bizarre things too.

"Fuck proper."

He shook his head, "How about that pretty boy, Eric...? That dog. How the fuck did you and him even happen? I just like..." he paused, tilting his head up to keep his head sane, thinking about then next words he wanted to say, "...see him, with some goody-two shoes --- dressed like a librarian." Adrian laughed at his own insult, but it was true. Eric was like one of those cheesy nice guys. It made him sick.

Lisette looked at him out of the corner of her eye while she corked open a bottle she had saved

especially for the her job. She normally downed it right before she got on stage

sometimes it was the only way she could get on stage in front of those men...

"I used to be a good girl... but after I met Eric... I dont know what happened.... Hes not...

Hes not .. as good as you think... hes actually an ass.. a fucking bastard when he wants to be...

He his anger problems sometimes" She said, shrugging and passing the bottle down to

Adrian

"Your right, fuck proper."

Seriously?

He couldn't believe what he was hearing, the way Eric acted in public, and the way he displays affection for Lisette seemed like as if she was the luckiest girl on the skin of the Earth. He knew it, it was just an act. He was just as much of an asshole like him, justl like him. And he dared to swear at him like as if he was the bad guy, dancing with his girlfriend? Hah. They were both just horrible men.

He took the bottle from him, "Why don't you break up with him then?" he asked her, taking a shot from the bottle, feeling more and more lightheade as more he did consume. Alcohol was magic, pure fucking magic. "Unless of course, you are either... Masochistic, some kind of... Goldigger, or has a thing for assholes."

He didn't understand her. She dared to call him names for a quite a lot of times, and there she was -- dating someone who was like him, just part canine. Women were weird little hypocrites.

"I guess you can call me the perfect firstborn, the role model of the family, the inspiration, the great big brother... Yeah those things. Things of the past." Adrian spat, shaking his head at the thought of it. He was that kind of brother, the type of son who would be the mother's favourite. The type that if Ling grew older, would build a rivalry with him. "Past life, I'm a changed man. We're both goners."

Lisette glared at him

what the hell was he talking about?

Maybe he was making sense and the liquor was what was not making sense

making her not understand him anymore

"Im no fucking gold digger okay? my daddy... my... my daddy has enough money to buy Erics Life" She said matter of factly

"If I wanted to, I Could go home to italy and live there... my father came from nothing... not a god damned thing.....

he rose above it... and he never lets me see it.. I have never been poor I dunno how it feels... " She ranted

I dont remember it.

"I stay with Eric because... well... because he is Eric.. and I am Lisette.." She continued...

"I am... happy" She said, though she felt she had for force it out

"I am happy.. when I see those men.. and they want me.. they want me..." She whispered, putting her hand to her chest as if to signal

to herself "they love me... they want to own me... but I dont love them.. I love their money.. if it wasnt for Eric.. I wouldnt have that

satisfaction... of that.. of.. men.. wanting me..." She continued, as if it was a moment of self realization..

or maybe realizing she had gone past her drinking point

"I get up.. and I... put on my make up... and I put on lingerie... and I let my hair down.. I look at myself... and I am wanted.." She confirmed nodding and

downing more liquor.. "I am ... and when I lay down with Eric.. sometimes I wish... it was someone else.. to remind me.. Im wanted by someone else."

Why am I saying this?

shut the fuck up Lisette.

She listened to herself. Sniffling and wrapping her lips around the bottle once more.. drinking more..

she then turned to Adrian, wiping the smeared eye liner from under her eyes..

"yea I know your perfect.. I know.. I know your everything... that you wanted your brother to see you now...

but your flawed just like me....

we belong dead."

Goners Indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.