Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krystal stumbled back before cursing out loud and swinging at the the cup she still had on the table she drench Charlotte with the lemonade.

Charlotte thought it was going to hit her in the head. The lemonade came as more of a shock. She screamed out of frustration and aimed at Krystal's throat.

Krystal wasn't quick enough this time. The impact caused her to fall back and lose her breath.

Charlotte nodded, "That'll teach you," she said before dashing towards the bathroom. She needed a shower.

Charlotte was glad. She got a towel and locked the bathroom door before taking a shower and carefully washing her hair. Stupid cow pouring lemonade on me, she must know it gets sticky, she thought.

Krystal went over to the couch in the living room and layed down before taking it her phone to play on it.

Charlotte dried herself and rushed to her bedroom across the hall to get pyjamas on. Her lucky blue ones.

Then she opened up the letters from her dad again. This time though, she felt numb. As if she wasn't sad or anxious or afraid.

After playing a game on her phone, Krystal looked through her contacts.
She wanted to try calling her mom, but was afraid of what she'll say.
Krystal stared at the number for almost ten minutes before looking towards the stairs.

She read them but they meant nothing so she turned to her sketchbook and began to draw a family, all on a sofa and watching a film together.

Krystal clicked on her mother's number. She put the cell to her ear and listened to the phone ring.

It rang and it rang and finally a voice picked up on the other end. Club music roared, yet the person seemed to be across the street. Probably a house party.

Krystal was surprised the phone was even picked up.
"Um hello?" She said timidly.

"Who is this?" a female replied, sounding a little tipsy. "Is this my ex?"

"Um no....it's your daughter.." Krystal said to her, though she was beginning to get irritated. This is useless, she's drunk and wouldn't be any help.

"Hey, Krystal!" her mum replied, "Are you okay?" She sounded excited.

"Yes." Krystal replied but then quickly changed it. "I mean no. I can't get a hold of dad."

"He left you home alone?" her mother replied. "Did he never watch any of those movies?"

Status
Not open for further replies.