Steps too Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time Ingrid finally woke up, she blinked her eyes open to find Fox stood above her. "Morning, your highness~" Fox laughed. She was up late, apparently Richlieu had already left?.. She sat herself up to find Fox already brushing through her hair, seeming to have a slight ocd charactieristic when it came to matted hair.

What was this.... She actually kinda.. liked it? Waking up like that? She normally woke up completely alone and didn't get any sort of human contact til she moved out of her room. Even then, the breakfast table was normally silent.. So it was kinda.. nice.

"Right, let's go get all this dirt off you. Then you won't look scruffy in that dress huh?" Fox said as she coaxed Ingrid out of her 'safety' blankets, and out of the tent.

Richelieu left the camp and made his way to the town. Once he arrived, the sun had fully set in the sky and the shops had only been open for about a few minutes. This was the perfect time to try and haggle. you're the first customer they get and they want to make you happy.
He walked up to a few vendors, haggling with each and every one. He was able to get three regular skirt dresses and one fancy size fit all dress for only 40 gold.
Not a bad day if I do say so.
He noticed every now and then, he'd be trailed by one of the chiefs detectives for awhile and then they'd give up..only to reappear sometime later. What are they up to?

Still, it didn't matter long as he had Ingrid. They couldn't do anything until he gave her back. Part of him liked having her around, but the life of a bandit wasn't for her. She was a noble child..she attended parties while he skulked in back alleys. She wore gowns while he donned rags. She ate steak and fancy food..he scooped gruel from a burnt pot.
They were two different worlds. He sighed as he jumped on his horse and made his way back to camp.

Ingrid felt a lot better... Completely cleaered up, her skin was that lovely white pale that she'd always been, her hair a lot softer and she wasn't itching any more... Still.. Having the ripped dress on she didn't feel right. Fox had put her back by the tent with some food, so she sat there quietly. Fox was quite amazed she didn't try to run while down at the river or even on the way back, but Ingrid didn't know where she was really, since they covered her head on the way there... Or at least, that was her excuse.

With the flowers by the tent, she started making a flower tiara. She was bored, and it was something she learnt from her tutor, so it was something to do. Hearing the horses hooves get closer, she perked up like a little meerkat again, looking intently from where the noise was coming from.

Richelieu rode into camp, the dresses on his lap as he rode in. "Where's Fox and the girl?" One of his men gestured to the tent where he saw them sitting. He dismounted the horse and brought the dresses over to Fox. "Take her into the tent and help her get fitted into one of these. Sometime today, I'll be going for the remainder of our payment."
Fox nodded and gestured for Ingrid to come into Richelieus tent. The sooner that dress was switched, the better.

Ingrid just stood and let Fox shoo her into the tent, and shut the front the best she could, but the zip had been broken for a while now. Ingrid pulled off her dress and sighed, stood in just her little panties as Fox started to undo the dress bag and started to undo it for Ingrid to get in. Ingrid was used to standing around and waiting like that, normally having maids that did this anyway.

After pulling it on herself and Fox doing up the back for her, she smiled, happy her legs were covered, even though the skirt was only half way down her thighs, it was something. She quite liked it actually.. She liked the colour and how soft the material was. It was a good feeling to be completely clean again, Fox did as well, jokingly getting her to do a little turn to see how it looked the whole way around. It was lovely, Ingrid couldn't actually believe Richlieu would risk going into town for the dress... What if he'd been followed back?

Oh well, she was happy now, having a little smile on her face as she could play with the lace embelishment on the bottom edge of the skirt, and followed Fox back out.

Richelieu smiled when she came back out. "you look great in that Ingrid." He turned and made his way to the fire pit, but he never made it. A gunshot rang through the air and Richelieu collapsed to the ground. Fox ran to his side as the other members of the gang armed themselves. All around the camp, armed investigators and detectives popped up..each holding a loaded weapon at the gang of kidnappers.

"Thought we'd never find this place. Took hiding a man of ours in the forest and tracking you back here. You led us right here Raven..and now I'm taking you in." The Chief of Police beamed with pride as Fox turned and stood protectively in front of Ingrid while Richelieu groaned from the gunshot to his shoulder. "Tell your men to surrender or I'll shoot them all!"
Richelieu glanced at Fox and Ingrid, then at the Chief of Police. He couldn't watch his men die..not like this. "Men...we're outmatched here. Surrender your weapons....."

Ingrid screamed and covered her mouth, her eyes welling up in tears. She'd seen people shot in movies before, but not in real life. The blood and everything.... She could've thrown up completely before she heard a familiar booming voice in the background. "Daddy..." She murmurred through her shaking fingers. He came through the trees and sighed in relief as he realised the gunshot didn't hit Ingrid. He had the bag of money in his hand, but he just threw it in Richelieu's direction and picked up his crying girl.

"You're... Gonna fix him.. Right?" Ingrid cried in to him, her poor father looking completely confused "He stole you, sweetie, why shoul-"
"Because they could've done worse but they didn't.. And I'm not hurt.. He even got me a dress because my other one was ripped when I... Fell.. Please daddy!" She howled into his suit's shoulder pads, watching Richelieu out of the corner of her eyes. Richard was at a loss, but then again, he got his princess back... That's what mattered, he frankly couldn't care if Richelieu was arrested or not, as long as he left them alone from now on.

"Do it..." He told his own body guard behind him, the man nodded and started to call for an ambulance, the chief completely gobsmacked. "You're insane! On top of everything you're gonna pay his medical expenses?!"
But Richard's eyes turned to ones that could easily belong to the devil. "I don't care if she wants me to buy him a fucking house and get him a full lawful pardon! This is my girl... You get in my way, or if anyone does again, you'll all bloody well know about it! Now shut up and do what I paid you to do!..." He growled, considerately covering Ingrid's little ears from all the bad language, but she could still hear him.

Richard put Ingrid right next to the body guard as he was phoning the ambulance, but she ran off to Richelieu.. He didn't notice and pulled a handful of the money out and looked to Fox who was going to stop him " Gonna pay upfront. Saves time, and doctors whining at me. I'll replace it later.."

Ingrid got herself by Richelieu's side. Still full of tears and snot. "Don't die til we've fixed you... OK?... This is what you deserve... For being nice.. Even if it was only this once.." She smiled slightly, but the body guard was quick to finish the call to the ambulance and pick her up "Hey! You put me down... Daddy!" She screamed, actually fed up of being manhandled unkindly just lately, her father came over and got Ingrid back in his arms to try and rock and comfort her...

Richelieu could barely function, the pain hurt so much. That damn Chief of Police...bet he enjoyed getting to shoot me like that. All of a sudden, he felt himself being hoisted up. He shook off the officers who were handling him, even if it made him wince from the wound. "do we have the payment?"
Fox nodded. "Yes boss. All here." He closed his eyes and sighed. "Well, guess that is that then." Richard walked off with his daughter despite her protests and the chief of police smirked at Richelieu. "You don't honestly think this is it..do you? My dear Raven, this is just the beginning. That girls father is more dangerous than you imagine..and now you're going to feel the backlash of your actions. Each and every one of you are going to pay..and I'm going to enjoy every second."
Richelieu felt himself being cuffed and the wound in his shoulder didn't help. Fox was about to be cuffed, but she whipped the bag of money in the nearest guards face, toppling him to the ground and bolted into the forest. Three of the detectives opened fire on her, but Richelieu couldn't tell if she got hit.

"Damn...after her! Kill her if you need to. She is not to get away!" Several of the guards gave chase and the chief turned back to Richelieu. "Like I said Raven..this is only the beginning. Get this worthless piece of filth out of my face!" Four guards hauled him up and began taking him to an undisclosed location.

The Chief was handed the money to pay the ambulance that would take him to that location, removing the bullet and binding Richelieu in transit. Ingrid was glad Fox escaped, hoping the same as him, hoping she didn't get shot too.

Richard then placed his little angel into the car, and after another fight with the chief, he joined her, buckling her up and keeping her close, completely within his sight ast all times now. He couldn't risk losing her again. Not to anyone.

Richelieu never made it to the hospital. Instead he was brought to what he assumed to be a worn down warehouse. Himself along with all of his men were there, handcuffed and bound with rope and gags.
"Now Dark Raven, I'm going to show you exactly how much trouble you're in. I really don't care what her father says, I'm going to exact my own form of justice on you before I exact his. You three, pick that one up and bring him here."
Fox had trailed them to the warehouse. She got away in the dense forest without a wound luckily, but she hated that she couldn't save her mates. There were over 30 guards and detectives in there!

The man was brought over to the chief. "Do you like your boss?" The man glared at the chief. "If you do, you might want to ask for his help right now." A rope was thrown over the highest beam and a noose was lowered in front of the man. "You know what's coming Richelieu? I'm going to hang each of your men in front of you..one at a time. My men will make sure that you watch."
The noose was lunched around the mans neck and Richelieu cried angrily into the gag, trying to look away but several men held him and forced his eyes open. The man looked at Raven calmly..like he was ok with his fate.

With his hands bound behind him and 7 men pulling on the rope, the mans body was hoisted up into the air where he flailed around for almost two minutes before he finally went prone. The chief of police laughed.
"So much for being tough now...eh Raven?" The thief glared at him with tear filled eyes. "Grab the next one!"

Ingrid kept protesting that she wanted to make sure the Chief did as he promised before they went home, but Richard had persuaded her that it was best til wait til morning, he'd just been shot, he'd need rest.

Even though it was only 3 days, being home was strange. Everything so clean and... Enclosed. The walls seemed in keep closing in on her, she couldn't say anything, her mother crying in joy as she held onto her. Something just wasn't right. Ingrid could feel it in her gut, but what was she to do? The place was still swarming with police and body guards. She was taken, bathed properly, and taken care of all over again. She was fussy,not in the mood. She wanted to see Richelieu, and that was final..

Though when her father rung the hospital... No such ambulance arrives.... Ingrid felt her chest tightened. They'd lied.. Richard quickly got the few police men that weren't back stabbing cheats aand called a search for them, or else Ingrid would never forgive him for not going through with a promise.

As the search led there. The Chief found him own self surrounded with guns, and Richard walked through the door. Completely unaffected by the sight and sighed."Well, turns out my little one was right. You're a loontic." He said to the chief in the calmest voice he had. The chief only started to laugh. Before jumped on and cuffed that was.

Richard shrugged gently "Should've known. Turns out I can trust a crook to tell me the truth more than I can the head of police. Sick. Just plain sick,I'll make sure you'll pay for disobeying my orders in this."

The chief only started swearing, saying he had no right or any lawful reason to be there. Richard just smiled and laughed lightly. "Oh? Nothing to do with the fact Ingrid's uncle is YOUR boss?" The chief's eyes widened slowly. "Must've forgotten to mention that, opps." Richard smiled, Richelieu and the others ungagged, uncuffed and left alone. No restrictions. Nothing. Richard just left them run if they wanted, getting the newly hung man down from his disgraceful death and sighed. "And I thought you guys were twisted... "

Richelieu gave a slight glare at Richard as the gag was removed. "Not twisted..I work hard for a living. I just do it differently than you do." Fox came running in and hugged him crying. "I'm sorry. All I could do was watch. I wanted to help...."
Richelieu started to tear up, but kept his composure.
"I take it you're here because of the girl and not because you were worried about us. Tell her I'm fine...We're heading back home now boys! Grab johnny and bring him. We'll give him a funeral he'd be proud of!"

The men were silent as they grabbed the mans body and slowly shuffled out. The woods were quite a ways out and it was a long walk there. "Since I'm sure this was Ingrids idea, tell her I said thanks." That was the last he said before he joined the others. "What are we gonna do now boss?"
"We're gonna cremate him back at camp. It's what he would have wanted us to do."

Richard just shrugged. "You held up your end of the bargain. He didn't. That was the main reason. As I was told,you guys got the money. I got her back, its even, so to just leave it at that.If this happens again, I won't help. This was on principle of him, not you" Richard murmured through the butt of a cigarette as it was lit. And he left. No other words then that. He honestly could care less for Richelieu and the others.

His home life was going to go back to normal, he even rung Ingrid as he started to leave to stop her missed calls attacking his phone. Everything went silent, it was weird. Sickening almost. Ingrid was sat at home, staring out of her window, hoping to see her Father's car pull up any minute now. The whole thing left her completely traumatized. The way it all kicked off, then ended? It .. Well, beyond all belief. Ingrid should've hated them all, for everything, but didn't....

Last edited by a moderator:
Richelieu and the gang managed to get a ride to the edge of the forest. They thanked the person and slowly filed in, making their way back to camp. Once they arrived, they found everything scattered and destroyed. Richelieus tent was burned to nothing but ash and everyone elses makeshift homes and tent torn to rubble.
"Make a pyre for Johnny. Once night falls, we'll begin." He glanced around. "Eh Fox? Where's Fox?" One of the men sighed. "She didn't want me saying anything boss, but she split up after we got that ride. Said there was something she had to do before we did this thing."

Fox had made up her mind. Ingrid was part of this group. She didn't spend long with them, but she liked the kid and felt she shouldn't miss out on this. She ran all the way to the girls house, finding the driveway empty. Good, he hasn't made it back yet. better hurry though. Going in the front was risky and asking to see her probably wouldn't work either. She's have to climb it and find her bedroom.
She jumped on the side of the building and began to climb to the first high staircase. She could hear maids voices by the windows muttering about payments and thugs.
When she got to the first window, it looked like an office. Drat..not this one. She shimmied over to the window beside it. Not here either..where is she!?

Ingrid watched the little black figure run up the drive, but with long hair... Fox??!!! Ingrid panicked slightly, seeing Fox scale up the side of the house, she battled hard to get her window opened and peep out.

"Fox!? You're insane!.. Hurry!" Ingrid whispered, calling her over and pulling her inside quickly, checking back to her door constantly. "Someone could've seen you. Stupid head! You're not meant to be he-"
"Ingrid.. Hunny? Are you alright?" A voice came from behind the door, so Ingrid quickly pushed Fox into her large wardrobe and held it shut, jogging over to her bed and grabbing some dolls to make it look like she was playing and doing voices with them before the door slowly opened to reveal one of the maids.
"Huh? Oh yeah.. Playing... Missed my dolls, yknow." Ingrid smiled lightly, the maid smiling back and walking in, shutting the window and locking it. "Its getting late. You've had it rough just lately, make sure you rest up good" she said softly. She started to clear up about the room but Ingrid was getting nervous about Fox in the wardrobe.
"ERM.. C-cant you do that in the morning.. You're right I'm *yawn* so tired.. I just wanna sleep now.." She faked, but the maid nodded, "don't forget to change it your night dress, we'll all be happy to see you morning" the woman smiled, leaving and shutting the door.

Ingrid let out a sigh of relief and opened the doors back up for Fox. "See? You're not safe here" Ingrid panicked, pulling her back out of the hanging clothes.

Fox knew it was a risk, but felt it was worth the risk. Once she heard the maid coming she felt Ingrid pushing her towards the closet and understood, rushing with her over there and getting inside.
Once the maid left, she came out and sat beside her, whispering quietly. "I'm sorry Ingrid. I just felt like I had to ask you..." She looked confused. "The policeman that your dad talked to...he lied. He took Richelieu and the others to a warehouse and he...he killed one of our family. Richelieu is sad..he missed his friend and so we're cremating him tonight..and after that..I'm..not sure what Raven will do."
Fox held up her hand to her face as tears fell from her eyes.

"I don't like seeing Raven so sad...it's not like him at all. I know you aren't an official thief like us, but you were happy with us for a little bit, so I wanted to ask if you wanted to come. If you don't..I understand. Still, I thought it was fair." She heard a noise approaching, stood and walked up to the window seeing her dad pull in.
"Your dads here, so I have to leave. If you want to come, tell me now. Otherwise, I guess this is goodbye."

Ingrid was completely stunned, unable to get any sort of noise out until Fox mentioned goodbye. She listened to the muffled voices of her father and the maid talking, and the footsteps going away from the door.

She bit her lip, then took Fox's hand, "two more seconds.." She whispered, grabbing her coat and throwing it on over Richelieu's dress to keep it clean and a little book. "Its a prayer book. I don't really believe in this stuff but there might be something nice to say in it.." She whispered again,pushing it into her pocket.

"How we gonna get out? She locked the window"

Fox thought for a min and shrugged. "Guess we'll just have to use the front door then." Hoisting Ingrid onto her back, she told her to hang on and then proceeded to enter the bright hallway. Her room seemed like the deepest cavern compared to this and she had to blink a few times to get her eyes to adjust.
Still, once they did, She began to make her way to where she believed the front door was. Coming to a staircase, she took the steps quickly but quietly. No sense in making things worse when they just got back to normal.

Ingrid nodded and clung on tight around Fox's shoulders, keeping an eyes out for anyone but they seemed to be either cleaning, or her father would be in his study smoking probably... She pointed the way Fox should go, getting lost in this place wasn't going to help.

This was insane. This was just plain.. Mental. Ingrid's stomach was bubbling with nerves, and sadness that all thus had happened, and never the way they all wanted. Then again, a clean hand over was never gonna happen, but still, it shouldn't have happened like this. Not with someone dead at the end.

Ingrid sighed as they got outside, it would take them forever to get back... But then again, she stopped Fox, looking to the large barn. " I got a pony for a birthday when I was 9... Think he'll help?" She whispered, wriggling her legs for Fox to put her down.

Fox was relieved once the got outside. She was surprised they didn't get caught, then again she should have been considering how insane that idea was in the first place.
"A pony eh? Yea, that will do great. Go saddle her up and we'll ride her to camp. The ceremony should be almost ready and I know he'll not want to start without me."
They both made their way to the barn, being careful not to make too much noise or get caught by anyone who might be peering around. Fox waited by the barn entrance and kept an eye out while Ingrid got the animal ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.