Steps too Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingrid thought for a moment. Richlieu's punishment.. Ehe.. This could be fun. She gave a light smirk, and got up from her seat to the bush. It was boggy and disgusting, a could 5 ft hole of mud in the ground, surrounded by stinging nettles and thorns from the near by plants. "In there" She said simply, then everyone just burst out laughing, obviously thinking that was a good one. "Naked.." She added, watching the men near ball over on the floor.

She just had a slight smirk. A bit of revenge was healthy, especially right about now..

He stood up, not having a bit of fear. Still, there was something in the back of his eyes...like a memory he didn't want to remember. "Good one kid..." He unbuckled his pants and dropped them to the floor along with his underwear. His shirt came next and even his own men went silent at what they saw. His entire back and chest were covered with deep and horrendous scars. Long ones, short ones, curved, straight, there was barely a clean patch of skin through all that.
"Damn boss, what happened to you?" He glared at the man. "Shut up." Everyone was too startled about his scars to tease him about his exposed manhood, which was quite impressive in his opinion. They just went silent as he leaped emotionless into the thorns and mud. As the sharp edges cut his skin and drew his blood, he kept the same expression on his face the entire time...a blank stare.

He got out 3 minutes later, blood dripping across his entire body as he grabbed his clothes. He threw on his shirt, but kept his lower clothing off. Without a word, he walked out of the campsite and to the closest river.

Ingrid was startled by the scars too.. Part of her actually feeling guilty fo-..NO. Not after everything he did, threathening to have her tongue cut out, to let the men rape her or anything.. He deserved it. Even only this, everything else.. MAybe not.. It actually reminded her of her dad, again. When she ran off before, and a dog tried to maul her, he put his arm in the way and had lots of scars there as a result. It looked similar. She just sat herself back by the tent... Not wanting to play this game anymore...

He was gone for only 10 minutes, washing out the cuts and the dried blood. He even kept the blood stained shirt on he returned to camp. Everyone looked solemn, even the girl. It was to be expected though...he'd never revealed those scars to anyone before now. The girl saw him return. "Boss!" The entire group rose, but he held up his hand.
"In a minute fox...."
He walked over to Ingrid. "I need to talk with you kid. Privately. You're not going to get punished or yelled at so don't worry...." He walked into the tent and sat down waiting for her to come inside.

Even though he said he wouldn't hurt or yell at her, still, made her worry... She got up slowly and staggered back into the tent, sitting herself in her 'normal' spot, by the mound of built of blankets that she usually hid under. Or at least had done for the last two days. But, something seemed to stop Richlieu talking, and he was right, about before.. She hated the silence.. So.. She started.

"Those scars kinda remind me of my Dad... He don't look much when you look at him.. but when I walked out before, this dog started growling and barking at me.. got off the chain. Big dog.. Black.. All I remember after was my Dad's arm in front of my face.. He got mauled pretty bad. It's why his one suit sleve is always bigger than the other.. He wears this padded bandage thing, since writing so much kinda hurts his wrist now.." She murmured gently, not looking up, messing with the tatters of her skirt.

He sighed. "Mine weren't from dogs kid. they were from people. What you did out there...was tricky. That was devious....i like it. Didn't like that I had to show all these off though."
He gestured to his back and chest. "Before now...no-one knew about those scars."

He stood up and walked over to his dresser, taking off his shirt again. The scars from the thorns only melded with the previous scars. You could barely tell they were there. "Tell me, what were you thinking when you said that?"

She just watched him quietly and looked away again. "You're not gonna cut my tongue out?" She murred, pressing her tongue to the top of her mouth, almost to make sure it was there.

"That...That's what you get.. for taking me away, and then not giving me back when they paid you.."

He turned to her. "They paid me, but I was also disrespected. That cost them another payment. I still kept my word as promised sweetheart. you haven't been harmed, I'm getting my pay and soon, your dad and mommy will have you back home."
He slipped into another shirt.
"Let me explain something kid. There are two tactics to keeping someone in line. the first one is fear...threaten them enough or with enough pain and they nod to whatever you say. The other is respect. treat them right and they have no reason to rebel. I tried using fear on you in the beginning and it works, but it also shuts you up. Then you get antsy which makes me antsy and i don't like it. So...we're gonna try the alternate thing instead."
he sat down on the bed next to her. "Honestly, unless you really did something horrible...like tried to cut my head off in my sleep..I wouldn't have cut out your tongue. I'm a bad guy...but I'm not THAT bad of a guy."

After a while, she started looking up at him. Actually giving him decent eye contact, which she hadn't done the whole time she was there. It kinda made sense, but she still curled away from him slightly, not wanting to sit too close.

"Still... Kinda deserved though. Shouldn't have took me in the first place. How did you know I was gonna have parents with money, or that were willing to pay for me in the first place..? So.. Yeah... Sorta... Kinda even now."

He shrugged. "See..this is where my bad guy comes in. if you were an orphan or didn't have parents that could pay, then you go for other uses. Black market, slave trade, whatever earns me a few coin." He stood up and walked to the edge of the tent.
"Also, as for that deserving it thing...more than likely I did. Still, what's done is done. stay here or come out...The night is still young and tomorrow is a long way off yet."
He walked outside and got bombarded with questions. He hushed them and they talked around a roaring fire. The sun wasn't even fully down yet and still they were partying like tomorrow they were going to die.

Ingrid came out after a while, bored from being in the tent, but had one of the blankets around her, as the night was getting cold and she didn't really have much to cover her. It was kinda funny to watch them all. Fox even sorted out her hair as it was getting knotted up.

Richelieu sat next to the fire, the light illuminating his face as the others laughed and danced around drunkenly. He laid his eyes on her and smiled as he watched his comrades dance around like a bunch of fools.
Standing, he walked over to her and Fox. "glad to see you coming out to join us."

She shrugged lightly "I was getting bored.. Plus.. Drunk people are funny" she giggled as one of the men pretty much fell over himself, then everyone else up so it was a human pile up on the floor.

Richelieu turned as the drunks piled on top of each other. fox saw his distraction and leaped onto his back, toppling him to the ground. He rolled and pinned her, then him and they kept going rounds. She laughed as they kept rolling around, wrestling with each other...unknowingly rolling right towards Ingrid.
Richelieu tried to turn away, but Fox refused to let go. Damn you Fox..you'll be the death of me! I swear!

Ingrid just watched and giggled lightly.. If slightly... Jealous? Ugh... Teenage weird hormones... She just smiled, throwing the blanket over them so neither of them could see what they were , and for that matter, she couldn't see them. Just the fire glow.

Finally he got Fox pinned. "Enough Fox..." He stood up and left her panting there. he went over to the pot and dished up some of the stew, sitting on the ground there and slowly eating.
Fox was a lovely woman, but she was much to eager to tease him..in more ways than one.

His eyes glanced between the fire and the food in his hands. everyone had now gotten back up and either kept dancing or went to bed. Soon, it was only him, Ingrid and Fox round the campfire.

Ingrid was getting bored, and tired... And cold since she threw the blanket at them both earlier, shifting closer to the fire to get warm. She's always loved the way the smoke swirled in the air, remembering how she'd always watch the smoke from her mother's cigarettes when she was younger, before she got told off for staring...

She brought her knees up to her chest and rested her head on them, starting to yawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richelieu stood up and walked over to her. She was tired from everything, he really couldn't blame her. He picked her up and carried her into the tent, setting her in the bed and covering her up.
As he walked back out and sat by the fire, Fox giggled. "The thief with the heart of gold?" He gave her a sarcastic look. "Shut up Fox. You know it's not like that at all...."
He stared into the fire, his mind now reliving the memories brought back from this morning.

It was surprising to feel herself lifted up. And normally, gently. Not roughly hauled around by her collar. She blinked, sort of confused, but nestled herself in the mound of blankets and found her face starting to blush.

Richlieu... He was weird. Maybe he was just mean because of those scars, and the way he was brought up.. And having to use any way he could to get to support everyone. No... He stole her from her family and would've just thrown her at the nearest buyers. That was greedy, gross, inhumane and wrong.. Nothing could excuse that. All the people he'd hurt in the past didn't have any excuse..
But a reason... Maybe?
Ugh..
She shook her head and just curled up to sleep. Richelieu said he'd buy her a dress... And maybe she'd ask Fox to take her somewhere to get clean as her hair was greasy and knotted,and her legs covered in patches of dirt that were getting itchy...

Last edited by a moderator:
The morning came quickly. Richelieu could be seen still sitting near the fire pit, watching the coals slowly die. His 2nd in command walked over. "did you sleep at all boss?" Rchelieu looked at him. "Not one bit...didn't feel the need Matt. Besides, I got to go into town soon. Our hostage needs new garb to wear."
Matt shook his head. "They see you in town, they will arrest you. Probably even shoot you." Richelieu nodded. "More than a possibility. Surprised they didn't kill me yesterday. Still, promise is a promise. Make sure she gets cleaned up and tell fox to keep an eye on her till I get back..ok?"

Richelieu saddled a horse and rode out of the forest, making his way towards town.

Status
Not open for further replies.