Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought, but in the same way, Rey should have recognized him or known him. I think the way he looked at her was because of how force sensitive she was, and that she found him.

Or he knows who her parents are. (See above prediction)

Rebels is still airing and is only on season 2. Given that in the show, they are apart of the rebellion, if they stay alive they would inevitably meet Luke. Which could be coming in the show at some point, as they have already encountered Vader.

I'm about to throw out some crazy speculation.

I think Rey is the daughter of Kanan. Maybe even Ezra. I'm not quite sure what time period the Rebels action is taking place in. Their has to be a tie in somewhere. And we know how dedicated to the force and Jedi teachings Luke was, so it is unlikely that he had a kid.

It is possible that more characters will be introduced to explain this, but considering the characters we have, and looking for a Rebel tie in that we know is coming somehow (I hope), the only other force users that are known include Ashoka, Kanan, and Ezra.

I have no evidence to back it up, but it could fit in. Kanan and Ezra's personality allow for them to not follow the Jedi code exactly. In fact, Ashoka left the order. Kanan was just a padawan during order 66. So his teaching wasn't complete and he is stubborn. Ezra is just as stubborn. It is very possible that one of them got married or had a kid somehow.
Star Wars: Rebels isn't even over, hell it is still on the second season (I think) and Episode 8 comes out in two-three years. I love Star Wars: Rebels and The Clone Wars, but I don't think that Ezra, Kanan, and anyone else from these shows will ever make it to the big screen.

Shit, I even think that Ashoka will die by Vader's hands. After all, he wanted to eliminated anyone that were apart of Anakin's life (like Obi Wan). So, it's a far shot that she would even be alive pass season three or four.

I think that there are other Jedi out there (besides Luke), but I don't think that both Ezra and Kanan would make it to the three other Star Wars movies coming out.

I would like it to be true, but it is a wild, crazy speculation that you have. I think that Rey's parents were forced to leave her at Jakku by The First Order and then they were arrested or killed after getting away from Jakku.

EDIT:
Rebels is still airing and is only on season 2. Given that in the show, they are apart of the rebellion, if they stay alive they would inevitably meet Luke. Which could be coming in the show at some point, as they have already encountered Vader.
I have to disagree with you on this point. They will never meet Luke as the setting is way before A New Hope. The Rebellion could be a earlier version of them, started right after the Empire was formed and the Republic was abolished.

Reactions: Shiri
Ah, finally the speculations are surfacing. Please, more of these. Speculations might help stave my hunger for the next film. And maybe save this thread

I would love to see a connection. I don't understand why Disney would make the show that has so much potential, with the movies coming out, and not implement it. It wouldn't make sense. Especially sense a large portion of that audience are going to be seeing the movies.

Other than the Speculation about the EU, which Disney has said is Non-Canon and Rebels is Canon, I have not seen anything else that could possibly have any more evidence (If you could call it that) to support it.

It is just filling in holes, but if Disney pulled this off, it would be a brilliant linkage to the show and would make the show more relevant.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's more likely that Ray is related to Luke in some way. Something about the way he looks at her at the end of the movie suggests more than just a passing familiarity. It would explain the whole attunement to the force, and the 'no parents' thing.

I would put money on it. Hell, that trailer where Luke is telling someone, "The Force runs strong in my family. My father had it, my sister has it, and you have it, too." is almost certainly Rey he's addressing.

1) I didn't have a problem with Kylo's 'tantrums'. It just made him look emotionally unstable, and someone who just can't accept failure. (Come on now, adults in the real world act like this when something doesn't go their way.) He is wanting, so hard, to finish what Darth Vader started, and to basically get the 'approval' from a dead man, and every time they slipped away, it just showed, and no thanks to the general pointing it out to Ren, that he failed. He hadn't been trained long enough how to just take that Anger and put it away (Like a Jedi) or just to use it as a weapon (Like a Sith)
I've only seen a few 'adults' throw tantrums even close to his.

I could get he has anger issues due to his incomplete training combined with emotional vulnerability...
But in the end he still made for a villian without anything intimidating, and nothing to make me personally feel invested with the character.
2) The whole thing with Finn. Yeah, I can see how it was rushed, but at the same time he had great hate towards the First Order and what they were doing. Those soldiers were willing doing what they were told to do (it appeared like as they did duty without question, unlike Fin)
True. But it was also Finn's very first mission, those other soldiers were supposedly there far longer.

I can understand raw hate like that to superiors and the like, but considering he spent practically his whole life being trained by the Empire you'd think he had some kinship towards those of his own ranking.
Speaking of which, if he was taken and trained as a child, why did he show so much confusion with turret operation (yet conveniently operate it so well)? Like, if he was just someone who was hired and did basic training it would make sense, he was taught for ground combat only.

But you'd think for someone trained their whole life, they'd at least teach him something about using turrets.
3) The Starkiller base...I don't think the Republic knew about it. Obviously. Because of Star Wars logic and the Starkiller base being built in the Outer Rim and the Republic always going. "Lulz. Its the Outer Rim, why the hell should we be checking there for anything?" I mean, how many times (In EU included) have the Republic had to ship out to the Outer Rim after something had already developed, and they were a bit too late even though they could of stopped it before hand. Republic only cares about the Core Worlds, that is where the Republic is. The Deathstar 3.0 was indeed rushed in its showing and its downfall, but they had to do it.

Also. This is just a random thought/question for that damn thing. It used Suns...consuming them whole, It consumed two suns...how far could this thing reach to consume, or would it have to move in order to get a new sun?
If they'd been fighting the Empire for 20 years though, something should have gotten slipped about they were designing something.
And their past experience with the Death Star would have been clear motivation to go "We should probably check this out".

I mean I get the whole Outter Rim doesn't matter trend, they did it in Kotor too with the Mandalorian Wars.
But this was something where the same generation of the Galactic Civil War was still alive, they should be more than cautious about the dangers of another death star.

And I don't think they had to rush the Death Star even.
For something that big and powerful? They could have just not killed it in the first movie.

Something a friend of mine thought of for it, they could of had it destroy the Rebel Alliance too.
Make it so the main characters were basically alone, it'd be just them and Luke vs the Empire.
That would have hit home the rebels dire situation, and the power of the death star.

Because right now, it's a strengthened rebel alliance vs a still recovering Empire.
Not only that. Yeah, they killed the Emperor, Vader, a good amount of ships and soldiers. But the Empire was vast, it controlled the entire known Galaxy. They still had a good amount of Military left, even without a Leader. That is where Snoke and other Generals/Admiral's stepped in and took over. That is probably why the Resistance/Rebels still exist, because the Republic is trying to build up a Military over the past 30 years, but the First Order/Empire is still massive in size. Military speaking.
I understand where the admiral's and Snoke likely came from.

Though this is more a minor nit-pick, but can't the Republic have just converted the rebels into an official army?

5) Last, and I don't know if this is true because I have been too busy with work to look it up on my own. Supposedly, why Han died in this movie, was because Harrison Ford didn't want to be apart of Star Wars anymore, or that is what I was told. I don't know if that is true. But if it is, then that is why they might have just slapped Han in there dying.
Yea, I'm not upset about Han dying.

The method of it was poor though.
Like, what if he effectively did a suicide run, their on a timer to destroy the Death Star and Han gives up his own life for them to succeed?
6) Leia not being a Jedi...Having a parent(s) or sibling(s) that can use the Force does not mean you will be born being able to use the Force. Look at Anakins mother. She wasn't Force Sensitive, and she gave birth to one of the most powerful Force Users of the time.

Other than all that...I kind of agree with every ones view on Rey, but meh.
True, but in Return of the Jedi Luke outright tells her that she's strong in the force.
The Originals already confirmed she had the potential of being a Jedi.

I would put money on it. Hell, that trailer where Luke is telling someone, "The Force runs strong in my family. My father had it, my sister has it, and you have it, too." is almost certainly Rey he's addressing.
I'm also betting this is the case for Rey.
It would also explain why Leia seemed to care so much for Rey considering they barely talked at all beforehand...

Actually I don't think they even did talk until after the Death Star was destroyed.
So Leia embracing her so quickly makes sense if she knew she was her Aunt.

Which trailer? I don't remember hearing that in the movie. Was it for Rogue 1?

Rey is undoubtedly related to Luke, more than likely his daughter. All the context clues are there. I hardly have to put together any theories: IT'S ALL ON SCREEN AND IN THE STORIES!

To quote a man: "It's like poetry, it rhymes."

Family is a big, big deal in these stories. So are redemption, corruption, and failing your family.

C'mon. Don't be idiots. We're writers. We do this for fun.

Rey is undoubtedly related to Luke, more than likely his daughter. All the context clues are there. I hardly have to put together any theories: IT'S ALL ON SCREEN AND IN THE STORIES!

To quote a man: "It's like poetry, it rhymes."

Family is a big, big deal in these stories. So are redemption, corruption, and failing your family.

C'mon. Don't be idiots. We're writers. We do this for fun.
The clues from the movie are pointing the other way. Also, It is very possible that Luke is talking about Ren in the above quote. As they are related as well, and it was mentioned that Ren went through training.

Its very possible that they are related, however, the movie did a terrible job then, as so many of the characters would have known through the force and insinuated it, which didn't happen. IF this turns out to be true, it bring my opinion of the first movie down, as the screenplay and writing would drop considerably.

Speaking on the redemption, corruption, and failing your family point, that is more towards Ren which supports the statement I made of Luke talking about Ren during the above quote,"The Force runs strong in my family. My father had it, my sister has it, and you have it, too."

If this was spoken to Rey, then wouldn't Ren be mentioned as well since he is family?

Speaking back to the tie ins, which would possibly help further my point, is this article: Gary Whitta Writing an Episode for Star Wars: Rebels. Could There be Connection with Rogue One? - Star Wars News Net

It is possible that the crew of the Ghost helped with this. Which means they will come in contact with Leia. Which also means, that if my theory is true, Leia could know who the parents are as well. Which would help explain her connection to Rey and the affection. This may also explain how Luke would know who Rey's parents are.

Though, we are diving way deep now. Though, I don't think Rey is Luke's daughter. IT would be to obvious and lower the consensus of the new movie.

Which trailer? I don't remember hearing that in the movie. Was it for Rogue 1?

This one. I kinda butchered it when I paraphrased it, but there it be.

I'm also betting this is the case for Rey.
It would also explain why Leia seemed to care so much for Rey considering they barely talked at all beforehand...

Actually I don't think they even did talk until after the Death Star was destroyed.
So Leia embracing her so quickly makes sense if she knew she was her Aunt.
It would be interesting, I kind of chalked it up mostly to them bonding over a shared relationship with Han (and I don't necessarily mean that in a romantic way).

You're all idiots.

pls2bnhancing ur raw brain power

EDIT:

I have to disagree with you on this point. They will never meet Luke as the setting is way before A New Hope. The Rebellion could be a earlier version of them, started right after the Empire was formed and the Republic was abolished.
Rebels takes place 5 years before A New Hope. That is not a long time. Look at everything that is happening, and how the show is still progressing, it is very possible that they are around when Luke Skywalker joins the rebellion. If they stay alive, which is still to be seen; though for a kids show, I doubt they will kill them off. The timing is sensical based on the aging of the characters. If I have done the math in my head right. Which I didn't do exactly. lol

Also, as with the link I posted in an earlier post, their is a rumor that the rebels team may help Rogue 1 in stealing the Death Star plans in the movie. Though the help may take place in the tv show and lay the beginning for the movie.

It is the same rebellion. Supported by Senator Organa.
You're all idiots.

pls2bnhancing ur raw brain power
I would a expect a Community volunteer to actually intelligently contribute to the argument instead of posting a video. Since it makes it appear that you are unable to properly provide input to the conversation, so you just called is all idiots and posted a video to attempt to be relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mid
I'm pretty impressed they came up with a super weapon that puts Exterminatus from warhammer to utter shame

Reactions: Spoopy and Grothnor
Out of everything Force Awakens had for people to make into a meme or revere, or make fun of...

It was this motherfucker. Dear god, I have see so many different posts and pictures about this damn guy.

[spoili]
Tr_79f52a_5776591.jpg

d72a97372ef33ddefc3501524d2f286a54559cef934cbd4c854cecade5352325_1.jpg

Tr_a0a641_5776591.jpg

[/spoili]

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Out of everything Force Awakens had for people to make into a meme or revere, or make fun of...

It was this motherfucker. Dear god, I have see so many different posts and pictures about this damn guy.

[spoili]
Tr_79f52a_5776591.jpg

Tr_a0a641_5776591.jpg

[/spoili]
This is incredible.

/salute

[spoili]
Tr_79f52a_5776591.jpg

Tr_a0a641_5776591.jpg

[/spoili]

I want a traitor stick.

Oh yeah. Stormtrooper Theory confirmed.

They are shitty shots because they are too busy practicing their Melee Traitor Stick Combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.