Star wars fandom RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

772036ad9a09fc179b3fd3f9ef865ade.jpg

Sahren Orai

Appearance: Sahren routinely wears simple brown worker's pants, a plain white shirt and a leather jacket. Her belt is wide and from it hangs a specially designed, speed holster.

Race: Human
Faction: Independent
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 124 lbs.
Skills: Pilot, Gunplay,
Gun Dancer Abilities: Force Leap, Force Draw, Curved Shot, Bounce Bolt,
Starship: YT-1300 transport named "Heart of the Fire"

Biography

Sahren was born on Centerpoint station, an ancient space station created long ago by an extinct race in the Corellian System. It is a central hub for trade and nearly all products in the shining worlds move through them. Sahren's father was a pirate, her mother worked tables in a tavern. She grew up with all the other street rats, moving through conduits, ducts, and watching the ships come and go.

Her father was fairly abusive, coming home from time to time only to get drunk and beat upon her and her mother. Finally, her father got a position with a different pirate captain, one with more grandoise goals then raiding granary ships. Unfortunately, this also meant more danger and he was killed in the line of duty.

It was at this point she met the captain, Harbinger, who informed them of his crewman's death. He was a cyborg, half machine and many found his appearance unsettling. Surprisingly, he took interest in the young Sahren and checked on her each time he made for port.

Sahren also found herself enjoying the perils of swoop racing and Harbinger gifted her with a fine, if purloined, example of the machine. With it she began to win a number of purses, further encouraging the captain's interest in her. Finally, he purchased for her her "first" blaster only to find she already had one and then began to instruct her in its use and asked her to join his crew.

She was part of that crew for some months but found she wasn't particularly fond of the violence. In addition there was the high mortality rate involved in rushing through airlocks storm trooper style. She took her earnings, coupled them with her won purses and purchased her first ship. A beat up old rust bucket.

Over the next few years, she still met up with Captain Harbinger who not only respected her decision to leave his crew but, to her surprise, heartedly approved. He taught her advanced shooting techniques, how to bend her blaster bolts, how to bank shots off of objects and a number of other tricks. He simply said they were a Mandalorian thing. Never once did he mention that he was teaching her techniques of the last surviving member of the Mandalorian Gun Dancers nor did he ever mention the force. She merely thought that anyone, given training, could do the things he instructed.

When he felt she was ready he gave her a special pair of pistols and a mask she could wear that symbolized her acceptance into his clan.

Later, after several adventures she encountered a co-pilot, an interesting computer slicer she rescued from a Hutt's clutches. She also managed to steal herself a virtually new YT-1300 transport ship from the Black Sun which she has renamed the "Heart of the Fire".

Now she just needs a pair of gunners... and someone with more knowledge than herself in Starship engineering. Sahren can get by with routine maintenance and can swap parts but knowing what a particular vibration in the deck plates means is something of an Engineer's skill

Gun Dancers:​

Mandalorian Gun Dancers were created long ago, sponsored by the Duchess Satine of Mandalore. She had previously been highly impressed with the actions of one Obi Wan Kenobi who had saved her life and wanted her people to have their own similar resource. Indeed, such a force would be quite useful against the forced of the Death Watch.

The Jedi were disturbed and upset by this, creating a rift between them. They insisted that only the Jedi were capable of using the force without succumbing to the power of the Dark Side. As a result the Mandalorians had to investigate other cultures like the Dathomiri, Baran-Do and the Voss Mystics to build this force.

In time they began to develop their own force abilities, with weaknesses and strengths far different from those of the Jedi. They were gifted with enhanced senses, started receiving visions and then managed to use their force abilities to perform remarkable feats of gunplay. They never, however, learned to use the telekinetic arts of the Jedi and they eschewed the lightsaber, refusing to have anything to with with a Jedi weapon. (Actually, this isn't entirely correct. Not surprisingly, the only telekinetic ability the Gun Dancers have developed, sheerly by accident, is an aid to fast drawing where the pistol jumps up slightly out of the holster)

Unfortunately, the heavy armour of the Mandalorian super commandos hampered many of their abilities so they discontinued using them. This led to two developments. The first was an interesting arrangement where one Gun Dancer would be teamed with one or two typical Protectors in heavy armour. As a result, it was a blending of two styles. The heavy and powerful Protector mingled well with the faster moving, dodging dancer. The second was the inclusion of a slip on face mask that a Gun Dancer put on when interacting with other Mandalorians or when they chose to begin killing.

At first they were coddled by the Mandalorian Protectors but in time they became a force to be reckoned with and together they were deemed nearly unstoppable. Unfortunately, the Gun Dancers still lacked the experience of the Jedi and the Protectors, Gun Dancers included, were still vastly outnumbered.

It was this budding force that frightened Darth Sidious. The Jedi he had spent decades, possibly even centuries manipulating, but this new force was impossible to predict and difficult to infiltrate in order to keep his plans on track in the timeline he had planned. Thus they needed to be destroyed. Turning the Jedi and the Mandalorian Protectors against one another wasn't particularly difficult with the bad history between the two organizations. Simply spreading rumours caused both sides to believe the other had ill intent towards the other. Then, a single agent at the proper time firing a blaster into their midst had them at each other's throats. The Mandalorians were quite simply outmatched.

Now she just needs a pair of gunners and an Engineer. While she can do her own maintenance and follow the instructions in a manual there's nothing like knowing something is wrong by the vibration in the deck plates.

Riot
Race: Human
Faction: Independent
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 111 lbs.
Skills: Computer Slicing
Unique Equipment: Riot has somehow managed to acquire or clone or otherwise manage herself a cloaking harness, one of the lost technologies of the Old Republic. She refuses to share this technology with anyone, not even Sahren!

Appearance: Riot is a small woman with short pink and purple bangs who wears baggy pants and colourful humourous shirts of her own design or downloaded from the Holonet.

History: Sahren knows little of Riot's true history, only that she is a great hacker who regularly seems to get into more than enough trouble for the both of them. Riot, for that is her only name after having her name scrubbed from all public records, was rescued by Sahren from a nefarious Hutt who was using her abilities to stay one step ahead of the local authorities. Once again, much to her dismay, Sahren gave up her cargo and earnings to rescue an innocent.

Now Riot serves as Sahren's companion and slicer. Normally she stays aboard the ship, conversing with Sahren via an ear piece and using her connection to the holonet to look up information on contacts, call up street maps and otherwise advise Sahren.

Last edited:
not that it's a bad thing but it sounds like something off of wookiepedia, plus it puts what i wrote to shame so two or three thumbs way up

Okay, well, maybe it wasn't changed as badly as I thought. Apparently they simply renamed the Mandalorian Protectors, calling them the True Mandalorians now, then threw Dooku and Jango Fett into the mix. Now I can bring Jango into my storyline :)

*grins* Also, you'd have liked my other team I created for a game.

It featured:

Captain Republic: A Jedi that eschewed his lightsaber for a shield that he could use his telekinesis upon.
The Iron Mando: A truly advanced piece of power armour from Mandalore.
The Ranc: A semi-intelligent Rancor with a mighty temper that spoke in clipped phrases like "Ranc SMASH!"
The Black Gundark: A fiery red haired woman with two blasters

Ah crap. And it's late. I have to get to sleep but I have most of the day off tomorrow to finish this.

a spin off of the Avengers funny and good night see you tomorrow

Well that seems like it would have been quite the party.

Well I just hope I can live up to that hype with my guy over there.

oh posh yours is fine mine is more bland than coffee without cream and sweetener

Actually when you think about having a Tusken Raider be able to do all that is quite interesting that and him be a force user makes it even better.

i had also thought of him being a cloned jedi taken in by the tusken but that would've been to incredulous a story to tell

There, that should do for the nonce for a biography.

As for our Tusken Friend, maybe he isn't a Tusken Raider per se. The Tusken Raiders are known to adopt the child survivors of settlements that they raze to the ground. Perhaps if one were a child padawan whose master was slain protecting a settlement from the Tuskens one might have fore abilities and a Tusken upbringing combined? This would solve the problem that we have absolutely no idea what the Tusks look like. We only know that they aren't ever mistaken as human.

As for Brylan's translator device. It's a small thing but I should point out that a "universal translator" is the size of a suitcase. Smaller wand sized devices exist, about the size of a lightsaber but they only do a language or two at a time and have to be connected to the holonet to exchange languages. That's why protocol droids exist. They carry that large suitcase sized devices inside themselves.

and to top off the translation topic jedi use the force to understand and use every language which i think is pretty cool and as for my tusken i thought something similar (refer to above comment) where he is a jedi clone accepted as a tusken but again to incredulous a tale to tell but i'll go with young padawan just found by the jedi before a tusken attack where they took him in and raised as one since he is basically human

I must admit I don't like the Force being used to "speak" any language. To understand it... at least the general impressions, yes but to speak it? Speaking a language involves conjugating sounds that the mouth might not be accustomed to producing. Worse still, what if the language involves the movements of several sets of eyes, flaring out of a number of pustules, or even ejecting different scents into the air.

As for the reference to the above comment? Where do you think I got the idea for the padawan taken by the Tuskens? I just spun it off from your own idea so I would take little credit.

i should rephrase my previous they don't exactly speak it they more or less tap into the mind of the being and make it seem as if they were speaking the language. and i apologize for my misunderstanding i'm used to talking to people who don't always read what i type

I must admit that I don't like that either. That level of telepathy is a little out of keeping with the Star Wars movies I've watched and more like the horrible books I've encountered. Logically, telepathy to that extent would mean one could read the mind, pluck out secrets and all manner of horrible plot breaking evilness.

The force I know is... subtle. You don't control it. You coax it. You cajole it. In the case of "translating" languages. I see it as being more vague than literal. The Jedi listens to the small alien and turns to his companions and says, "I see something of a cave when he speaks, warmth and hearth. I think the little lizard wants to take us to his home as his guests. Yes. That's it. I feel good about that. I think the force wants us to go there."

Oh darn i haven't been getting any alerts for this but i understand and i shall change the way he knows different languages.

I understand your viewpoint and what you are getting at but how do you think the empire got the locations of the rebel bases through interrogation droids? no they used dark side acolytes as inquisitors to probe the mind of a captured or suspected rebel who usually did not survive the process the jedi abhor such methods but those who didn't exactly walk in the light had no qualms about it thus the inquisitors i may not know the actual events and written history but logic dictates that such happenstance went on even right under the jedi's noses

That theory, like many of those from the novels, holds no water. That's why I don't like the books and don't trust Wookieepedia. It's like none of them have ever seen the movies. You've already seen the evidence on screen. Twice. The great and powerful Darth Vader, easily a step up from the half trained acolytes and inquisitors, could not do what you suggest. First being unable to get the location of the Death Star plans from Captain Antilles. Then, later in the same movie, had to resort to a torture droid on the Princess Leia.

true, most of my knowledge come from the V.G.s and cartoons and not the movies so i yield

*Gasp* Not... Marek Starkiller.... *giggles* Great games, good story. Way too ridiculous. Jumping from a Starship in orbit and hitting the ground running without even a space suit is just wrong on so many levels.

As for Jedi, everything I learned about the Jedi I learned from Yoda :) The Empire Strikes Back's many scenes where Yoda teaches Luke taught me everything I held dear about being a Jedi. At my age, watching the series once or thrice a year I must have seen it a hundred times. According to Yoda's teachings, every Jedi in the prequel is a darksider. The force should always be used for defense, never for attack! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.