Spirit Recovery Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, technically I go redstar in a month
Even if all of us were red stars, if the RP is posted outside the star area then you gotta keep it PG-13. The rule tends to be your allowed to describe slightly 'lewd' activities under spoilers, up until the point of genitalia being described.

Although if anyone did want to have their character get down and dirty, if they're the same 'star' then they can always take it to the PMs.

Edit: I sound so boring and preachy, aha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if all of us were red stars, if the RP is posted outside the star area then you gotta keep it PG-13. The rule tends to be your allowed to describe slightly 'lewd' activities under spoilers, up until the point of genitalia being described.

Although if anyone did want to have their character get down and dirty, if they're the same 'star' then they can always take it to the PMs.

No, that's good to know. I've been here less than a month, so thanks. ^~^

@the.complex-of-constellations

Do you think Kogura would know more about Chiyo than she knows? We can discuss if you wanna :3

I mean, Chiyo started at 16. I figure Kogura's her example of a decent demon. Chiyo's probably told something to her at least once.

Aki is 100% not allowed to meet Aiko's mother. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Tada~ Her name's not Ayame anymore. (Also, technically I go redstar in a month.)

Name: Nishimura Chiyo

Brief Summary: "It's been nearly five years now since I officially started working here. I think some the demons have been placing bets on which one of them can get me to crack. ... Five years is still a blink of an eye to them, I suppose, but I don't intend to leave, or to become just another victim to a demon's whims. This is my life's purpose now."
07a9e00865552d6a636c23e1e185fafa--cool-anime-girl-anime-girls.jpg

Personality Strengths:
Chiyo is well-read and knowledgeable when it comes to many different types of demons, and has the experience to back it up. Chances are she's heard of whatever demon or phenomenon you're talking about, and can tell you where it's from, as well as its powers, likes, and weaknesses.

She's also a gifted tactician and strategist. In combat, Chiyo is a determined fighter, capable of taking on several opponents at once, though not for very long. What she lacks in physique and maneuverability, she makes up for in cleverness.

Chiyo is incredibly cool and professional under pressure and adapts well. She's the type of person who will willingly dislocate her finger to escape handcuffs she can't pick, and she almost never loses her cool.

Once you've earned her trust and respect, she will fight with you and die for you without hesitation.

Personality Flaws:
Chiyo is extremely distrusting of anyone she doesn't know. In this case, it's likely she won't speak a word to you unless she needs something from you. Regardless, she will fight to the death by your side if necessary.

She's not inclined to lie, bargain, or put up an act when she needs something, either. She's blunt and apathetic and doesn't care if what she says hurts your feelings. It's not her problem.

Lastly, and perhaps most dangerous, is her pride. She will leave you behind and work alone if she thinks it will get the job done faster. She has refused to be healed by a demon before, even though her own healing skills are mediocre at best. And when her pride and rage gets the best of her, she's completely blinded by them.

Abilities:

"I can see through a demon's glamours into their true form. It's not a particularly... desirable skill, but it's useful. The demon can't be moving while I scan it, though, and I need to be close.
I can also scan a human to hear their thoughts. More desirable, but less useful.
And I've been told that I have superhuman endurance. I may bleed, but I bleed more slowly than most humans do, and I won't break."

Skills: She can pick all sorts of locks, and prefers throwing knives to guns because they're silent and more versatile. human provided she has the element of surprise. She's also decent at mixing drinks (it was a phase), though she's terrible at cooking.
Powers:
- Chiyo can read the aura of an object to discern events in its past. Sort of like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon's Dimensional Scream, except controllable.
- She can summon a wall of ice to act as a shield, and shoot an ice shard (or two, or several) with a swipe of her fans. The ice shards can ricochet or shatter into smaller shards. She can also twist the shards into different shapes as she shoots them, but it takes a lot more energy.

- She can also summon an icy wind strong enough to blow someone backwards, or ice over a smooth surface.
Weapon: Two spirit tessen fans, primarily used to deflect and launch projectiles.
Equipment: A fair number of throwing knives and a lock-picking kit.

Give me Something Sad: "... No human wants to know what I've seen. Though they wouldn't understand, would they?" (Sorry, you have to be a Level 5 friend of Chiyo to unlock that level of detail in her backstory.)
Give me Something Funny:
"I'm pretty sure most of the demons call me 'tsundere' behind my back. At least a few refer to me exclusively as 'tsundere-chan'."

Personal History Highlights:
"... The short version? Alright then.
First, my best friend was a half-demon. It didn't end well.
Second, my father drowned at sea. You can guess why.
Third, I worked with an onikuma on my first assignment for the agency. His name was Fred. He's retired now. One of the few demons who has my respect."

Relationships with the current Detectives:
"Aki is a child. You'd think that after a century or so he wouldn't need someone to babysit him once a week to tell him what not to do." (Though he was probably addicted to alcohol at around the same time Chiyo started practicing how to mix her own drinks, and every once in a while she'll mix drinks for the two of them.)
"Aiko... is also a child, but useful to have around and good in a fight." (What she won't add is that she really needs Aiko around to cook for her. Otherwise Chiyo just drinks smoothies and protein shakes.)
"Kogura? I have respect for her. She can't mind her own business, but she's a good demon to work with." (I suspect Kogura might know more about Chiyo than she realizes, but we can discuss that.)

I have some concerns. I'll get into them. Please do not think me being mean.

Right off the bat;

Chiyo is well-read and knowledgeable when it comes to many different types of demons, and has the experience to back it up. Chances are she's heard of whatever demon or phenomenon you're talking about, and can tell you where it's from, as well as its powers, likes, and weaknesses.

This is not a personality trait. This is a skill and should be put in the skills. Or as a skill.

Lastly, and perhaps most dangerous, is her pride. She will leave you behind and work alone if she thinks it will get the job done faster. She has refused to be healed by a demon before, even though her own healing skills are mediocre at best. And when her pride and rage gets the best of her, she's completely blinded by them.

This is a team based RP. The strength of the RP is the strength of the team. If she walks off at important times, then the team will die. And sadly that's not how this RP is going to play out without a little teamwork.

There needs to be some reworking of her personality traits.

"I can see through a demon's glamours into their true form. It's not a particularly... desirable skill, but it's useful. The demon can't be moving while I scan it, though, and I need to be close.
I can also scan a human to hear their thoughts. More desirable, but less useful.
And I've been told that I have superhuman endurance. I may bleed, but I bleed more slowly than most humans do, and I won't break."

So is the ability passive or is it active? Because the wording implies it needs to be active for her to use, but its described as passive. Beyond the fact I'd prefer the abilities to be written exampled in everyone else's sheet. Easy to read, very clear on what they are, how they work, and the duration.

A more grammar Nazi comment, is that it simply be "she'd bleed slower". But I am not necessarily concerned about that.

Weapons and Powers; I suggest taking a look at Aiko sheet. Her Hilt of her Parasol is the Weapon. But to conjure the blade is the power.

Skills; Sampling other sheets they give me how or least why they know the skill and how skilled they are in that skill. With Kirah's I used bits of his past to describe how he came upon that skill. Or to understand it.

History Information is lacking. The Give Me Something Sad is a bit of cop out. And the highlights don't really give any insight to character development

Aiko was described as being usefully useless in her sheet. And everyone else sheet at least somewhere mentioned Kirah and at least their first impression

I am patience. There is no rush to complete a sheet. If you need to ask questions. Please don't be afraid to do so. Share ideas. Don't be afraid to do so. This thread exist so we can all be on the same page and help each other.

No, that's good to know. I've been here less than a month, so thanks. ^~^
I was useful? *has a heart attack*
Seriously though, I'm glad I could help! The rules regarding the limits of sexualish content in non-star areas is blurry. I recall there even being a kink thread in the General Chatting section at one point, which was perfectly allowed so long as nobody got descriptive. So you can state you like being bound and gagged, but not describe being bound and gagged in a sexual context.

Aki is 100% not allowed to meet Aiko's mother. XD
Heh heh heh....

Also, everyone's characters look so awesome! *starry eyes*

I'm really excited. Once we get everything squared away I'll get the IC up. Yes I am well prepared in advance.

Might I suggest reading all the big bold red letters in regards to your character? CC didn't do that for his health you know.
oh my god I didn't see that I'm on mobile I'm so sorry

I think Aki is about done! I might come back later and polish one or two areas, but all of the categories are filled out. Note that his appearance may change, since I want to commission someone to draw my own vision of Aki.

I think Aki is about done! I might come back later and polish one or two areas, but all of the categories are filled out. Note that his appearance may change, since I want to commission someone to draw my own vision of Aki.

I'll take a look

Okay, mostly @Jessica2477, I'm aging Chiyo down to 19, could we possibly work out Chiyo being Kaguro's pet project/student/surrogate daughter of some sort actually? I'm doing a pretty big rework of Chiyo'a character and was wondering if there were any habits she could have passed on to her. Maybe that's Chiyo's way into the agency too? I'm planning for her to be more spirited and curious and much more accepting of demons. If it's okay, Kaguro could have adopted her at a much younger age after her father dies. (Originally he would have "drowned" but now I'm thinking airplane crash, seeing as our demons are aquatic in nature.)

You sir are accepted. I saw no major problems. With that said.

This goes for everyone. But I also need you @the.complex-of-constellations to understand this as well. While I was lenient with the mobile phone excuse this time. I am going to say it once and only once. Do not make a habit of it. If you cannot make a habit to make sure everything is read on your phone or not, then I am sorry, but this RP will not be compatible with your form of communication. I understand an accidental excited scroll, which I assume was what this was. But if it becomes a constant excuse and RP information is missed because of it. I will not be as lenient. :heavybreathing: <----that was a paragraph full, I'm exhausted.

Thank you for understanding. -throws confetti-

:bouncy::hypnodisk::icecream:

Okay, mostly @Jessica2477, I'm aging Chiyo down to 19, could we possibly work out Chiyo being Kaguro's pet project/student/surrogate daughter of some sort actually? I'm doing a pretty big rework of Chiyo'a character and was wondering if there were any habits she could have passed on to her. Maybe that's Chiyo's way into the agency too? I'm planning for her to be more spirited and curious and much more accepting of demons. If it's okay, Kaguro could have adopted her at a much younger age after her father dies. (Originally he would have "drowned" but now I'm thinking airplane crash, seeing as our demons are aquatic in nature.)

Adopted daughter would work, considering Kogura wanted to be a mother but never got around to it. I could change it to where she developed motherly tendencies upon adopting her when Chiyo was much younger. The only way Kogura could consider adopting Chiyo or know she's adoptable would be if the plane crashed into Kogura's river/lake/wherever she's residing at the time.

Also there are quite a few habits Chiyo could pick up, but the main ones would be Kogura's love for singing, dancing, lance fighting, self-discipline, or her personality flaws.

If I might offer my opinion. As much as I love Kogura, we don't need a clone. The idea of Kogura adopting her is fine and all, but does Kogura's habits/personality really have to imprint? This is supposed to be a team thing, and as such we need diversity, not clones.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Status
Not open for further replies.