Spirit Recovery Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I might offer my opinion. As much as I love Kogura, we don't need a clone. The idea of Kogura adopting her is fine and all, but does Kogura's habits/personality really have to imprint? This is supposed to be a team thing, and as such we need diversity, not clones.

You've got a point

@the.complex-of-constellations

Perhaps it'd be better to make Chiyo have her own habits and such. And perhaps when Chiyo was younger she encountered Kogura at the time of her father's death, and would visit her often but Kogura never truly adopted her? Chiyo would need a home, and Kogura isn't really the best person to live with (Cause she'd be in the river eating fish or out luring animals/people (until she stopped)).

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Daz and Jessica
You've got a point

@the.complex-of-constellations

Perhaps it'd be better to make Chiyo have her own habits and such. And perhaps when Chiyo was younger she encountered Kogura at the time of her father's death, and would visit her often but Kogura never truly adopted her? Chiyo would need a home, and Kogura isn't really the best person to live with (Cause she'd be in the river eating fish or out luring animals/people (until she stopped)).

I was only thinking one or two things that she wouldn't have learned otherwise. Like dancing, probably, would give her the discipline for actually using the fans.

... I'm thinking maybe Chiyo's father did drown, but not because of a demon. Maybe a human drowned him and Chiyo unlocked her scanning abilities to figure out what happened to him.

@Creative Confessions, if I keep her scanning ability and combat energy shards/shield/wind, is that good for powers?

@Creative Confessions, if I keep her scanning ability and combat energy shards/shield/wind, is that good for powers?

The problem wasn't with her abilities or powers. The problem was with how they worked, the duration and length of time, the weaknesses, and limitations. Not just what they are, but what they do, how long they can do that, how do they affect the user. :) You're fine there. I needed more detail. It helps keep the field even. Plus it adds more tension and stakes.

I was only thinking one or two things that she wouldn't have learned otherwise. Like dancing, probably, would give her the discipline for actually using the fans.

... I'm thinking maybe Chiyo's father did drown, but not because of a demon. Maybe a human drowned him and Chiyo unlocked her scanning abilities to figure out what happened to him.

So you'd like Chiyo to learn how to dance? Cause Kogura would teach her without the need for adoption C:

So you'd like Chiyo to learn how to dance? Cause Kogura would teach her without the need for adoption C:
They might mean that'd it'd be nice if Chiyo and Kogura shared just one hobby, to 'physically' show that Kogura influenced Chiyo's upbringing? I cannot say for sure, of course, but I read it as primarily wanting Kogura to adopt Chiyo, and showing how that affected Chiyo in something like a hobby without Chiyo being too much of a 'copy'. Chiyo could rebel against Kogura's behaviours and values in other aspects, as children often do.

Just my useless 2 cents. :P

NINJA EDIT: I know the difference between affect/effect....

• Love
Reactions: Teiso
NINJA EDIT: I know the difference between affect/effect....
I often confuse the two, usually over think it, and then accidentally end up using the wrong one still xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
They might mean that'd it'd be nice if Chiyo and Kogura shared just one hobby, to 'physically' show that Kogura influenced Chiyo's upbringing? I cannot say for sure, of course, but I read it as primarily wanting Kogura to adopt Chiyo, and showing that the affects of that in something like a hobby without Chiyo being too much of a 'copy'. Chiyo could rebel against Kogura's behaviours and values in other aspects, as children often do.

Just my useless 2 cents. :P

Thinking on it more makes me think Chiyo would be better off being adopted by someone else. Maybe it'd be better if Kogura and Chiyo were friends outside of the team, or perhaps they develop a friendship and Chiyo starts learning to dance thanks to Kogura and starts using the fans more gracefully.

Chiyo would be human, right? Kogura wouldn't be fit to mother a human without someone to tell her humans can't eat raw meat and they should not go underwater.

I often confuse the two, usually over think it, and then accidentally end up using the wrong one still xD
The way I remember it is that affect is the verb, effect is the noun... I still manage to mess it up sometimes though, often due to my excessive rewording of simple sentences.

Thinking on it more makes me think Chiyo would be better off being adopted by someone else. Maybe it'd be better if Kogura and Chiyo were friends outside of the team, or perhaps they develop a friendship and Chiyo starts learning to dance thanks to Kogura and starts using the fans more gracefully.

Chiyo would be human, right? Kogura wouldn't be fit to mother a human without someone to tell her humans can't eat raw meat and they should not go underwater.
True, I don't think a demon is the best parent for a human. Kogura could still play the role of a motherly figure, but as a friend rather than an actual parent. So while Kogura could mentor Chiyo in dancing or the like and sometimes fuss over Chiyo's well-being, Kogura would be in no way responsible for raising Chiyo.

#koguraissquadmum

True, I don't think a demon is the best parent for a human. Kogura could still play the role of a motherly figure, but as a friend rather than an actual parent. So while Kogura could mentor Chiyo in dancing or the like and sometimes fuss over Chiyo's well-being, Kogura would be in no way responsible for raising Chiyo.

#koguraissquadmum

Sounds good to me. We'll have to see if Complex Constellations would be fine with that too.

-Kogura gonna smother all you with motherly love-

(Unless you say no)

Sounds good to me. We'll have to see if Complex Constellations would be fine with that too.

-Kogura gonna smother all you with motherly love-

(Unless you say no)
Aki won't say no to being smothered in love :P

Aki probably would say no to motherly love, actually.

Any ickle baby problems? I do want to clean up Aki a bit, since I feel iffy about a few areas... not that I'll change anything, since I just wanna dive into the RP and develop Aki there

Not that I can see. I am not necessarily a big stickler on small things. Its usually small things with bigger problems that get me when they make a problem sandwich.

Not that I can see. I am not necessarily a big stickler on small things. Its usually small things with bigger problems that get me when they make a problem sandwich.
For some reason this got me thinking about ice-cream sandwiches...

maxresdefault.jpg

Aki won't say no to being smothered in love :P

Aki probably would say no to motherly love, actually.

Aww...

So no hugs? Dang.

For some reason this got me thinking about ice-cream sandwiches...

Those can be a problem too. The sandwich innards melt

Status
Not open for further replies.