INTEREST CHECK GROUP RP PLOTTING Spirit Guardians: Chosen Children of Magic

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Eliora

Awakening
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Prestige
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Mystery, Adventure, Exposition.
Hello, Iwaku Community!

I have a tiny seed-plot that needs help splitting its shell and grow as a sprout. This idea is set in a modern world with a fantasy twist, meaning the city would be made up and naturally will consist of low-magic. This is what I have so far:

History of Mystery
In recent events at the grounds of the University of [City], a student has turned up dead in the football field. With the student was a small, carefully decorated box. Many students of the University are saying they have encountered weird experiences since this grizzly discovery. Rumors say the box was opened and let out ghosts or evil spirits. Authorities are quick to disagree and say the students are traumatized, thus jumpy at every little bump in their day; with the added "young ones today…" comment.
No one is able to come to agreement about what happened to the student in question.

Present Blessing
  • Your character is a student of said University or is about to be and will have classes like any other student. I was thinking the main characters could all reside in a mansion together, acting as an HQ away from the campus. Or are dorms better?
  • Each character for this group will have their own story on how they gain these magical abilities, for not everyone's journey is the same. It'll be interesting to see different items in which these powers come from!

Powers/Magic
  • Male and female characters alike can become a magical person or rather a Spirit Guardian, Chosen Child of Magic.
  • Each character will have a special spirit weapon, please make sure we don't have duplicates. The point here is to be team oriented.

I would like us all to write out the before snapshot of our characters having these abilities first. Maybe dig around for clues as to what happened to this deceased student and then gain access to said powers?

Any interest in this plot idea? This can all be collaborated in OOC provided there is enough interest.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Heyo! Just wanted to say this sounds cool ASF, and I'm definitely interested! ^^

• Love
Reactions: Eliora
Heyo! Just wanted to say this sounds cool ASF, and I'm definitely interested! ^^
Oh wow! Thank you! I didn't expect a reply so quickly! Lol!
Thanks! I'll wait for more, but I'll start preparing a Character Sheet either tomorrow or Sunday. 😁

Reactions: just_an_imp
Intriguing... and may present me with an opportunity to polish off a prior character.

What sorts of magic do you envision being manifested within the characters?

Also, in terms of the mansion vs. Dorms: maybe the students that are affected are all living within a set of condominium style townhouses near the university?

So far I have envisioned Spirit weapons of some kind to fend off the evil spirits or unnatural monsters from civilians. They can be anything you want! 😁

Hmmm. Townhouses. We would need our characters to have a place where they can all come together, some of the time during the story.

I think Townhouses can work for the most part, just missing that coming together to work out a plan of action. Just thinking out loud ^.^

Also i plan to have Signups written up soon, then get the OOC up and the Character Index going.

I have a character sheet template, if you guys want to use that.

So far I have envisioned Spirit weapons of some kind to fend off the evil spirits or unnatural monsters from civilians. They can be anything you want! 😁

Hmmm. Townhouses. We would need our characters to have a place where they can all come together, some of the time during the story.

I think Townhouses can work for the most part, just missing that coming together to work out a plan of action. Just thinking out loud ^.^

In that case, if the intent is to entertain having both older and younger students coming together in their roles, then dorms would work best. Depending in part on what country this is set in.

If you're leaning towards the US, given the university setting, then it's unlikely new students would be living outside of the dorms unless they already live nearby... if a dash of realism is something you're going for.

Although dorms give an interesting twist in that we could place the characters in situations wherein they have to keep their goings-on under wraps, assuming they're going to be unique in that most other students aren't gaining the weapons and/or abilities.

Can I join It Seems Interesting

Yes! Of course!

Sorry everyone, I meant to have them up today. Life got in the way. I'll try again tomorrow. Again, I'm sorry for the wait!

• Thank You
Reactions: Winter_Bloom
Hey, I'd be interested to join in this as well if that'd be alright.

You betcha! I'm just setting up the Signup, OOC and Extras (Finally).

Finally, the Signup Sheet is linked! Check out the Quick Links from the Opening Post! ^.^ ^.^

I believe I might be interested in this as it sounds really cool and original

I believe I might be interested in this as it sounds really cool and original
I have the IC ready to go, I just need to have my character sheet up.
Check out the Sign up! 😁

I will get one around after work/bday tomorrow!

• Thank You