Spellheart [Luna & Jakers]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcy seems both appreciative and relieved not only that Shibo would be able to spend the night with Amiko, but that she would want to. Marcy looked like she was going to say something, but then she looks mildly surprised that Shibo suddenly showed her a little bit of affection. She didn't seem particularly embarrassed by it, but it seems like she no longer felt like saying whatever was on her mind before. Teasing, "So, you have an affectionate side to you, huh?" Smiling with relief, "Just be careful that I don't corrupt you. I'm expecting a full report when I come over here in the morning." Marcy runs off, waving towards Shibo. In the middle of the run, she disengages her disguise, turning back into her regular white haired self.

Meanwhile, in the other room, Shibo hears movement.

Waving as Marcy soon walked out of sight, a light smile was on Shibo's lips as she closed the door, though she seemed to be in deep thought about something. What had she meant by 'corrupt'? It probably wasn't much of a deep meaning, but Shibo couldn't help but think about it for a few moments.

Well, anyway. Now came the harder part: looking after Amiko. The girl was so easy-going that she'd probably starve herself just avoid giving others trouble. Shibo had looked after grandparents and her brother when he was sick once or twice before, but Amiko wasn't even that 'sick'. Shibo supposed she just had to keep her close company, and encourage her to eat every now and again. So long as she was kept fed and hydrated, she could sleep all she wanted.

Hearing a little movement, Shibo took her hand off the door, popping her head round the other room. It wouldn't be a surprise if Amiko was awake by now. She and Marcy had been talking for hours; it was hard to imagine where all the time went.

Just as Shibo predicted, Amiko seemed to be moving around. She didn't seem extremely tired, but Shibo has had plenty of examples to know that it might not actually be the case. Amiko speaks up, "Did Marcy have a curfew to meet tonight?"

"Yeah... while you were asleep, we talked for so long that we forgot where the time went. Before she left, she asked me if I could keep you company the meantime." Shibo paused, and smiled. "I certainly don't have any objections if you don't. Though, um... I've never taken care of an Amiko before, so..." Shibo said with a wink.

Shibo paused, wondering how long Amiko had been awake. It'd only been a few hours - and if she'd been struggling to get sleep in the past couple of days, it would only make sense that she'd be tired right about now.

"I guess I'm sort of your maid for tonight?" Shibo chuckled. "Hehe, only joking. But if you want something, all you have to do is ask. We left some slices of that pizza if you want me to reheat them for you, by the way." Shibo added.

"Yeah... while you were asleep, we talked for so long that we forgot where the time went. Before she left, she asked me if I could keep you company the meantime." Shibo paused, and smiled. "I certainly don't have any objections if you don't. Though, um... I've never taken care of an Amiko before, so..." Shibo said with a wink.

Shibo paused, wondering how long Amiko had been awake. It'd only been a few hours - and if she'd been struggling to get sleep in the past couple of days, it would only make sense that she'd be tired right about now.

"I guess I'm sort of your maid for tonight?" Shibo chuckled. "Hehe, only joking. But if you want something, all you have to do is ask. We left some slices of that pizza if you want me to reheat them for you, by the way." Shibo added.
Amiko's eyes practically glow when Shibo talks about getting along with Marcy. Smiling, "I'm so glad to hear that you and Marcy are getting along. It is a shame I couldn't have woken up sooner so that we could finish up our game, but maybe it happened so you and Marcy could spend some time together. She likes to hover around me, so I was worried that so long as I was around that you two would never get a chance to connect with each other." Moving on to the topic of food, "Well, I could use something to eat, but I'm afraid I'm all out of maid outfits. Would you mind if I came with? I've been lying around all day, so I'd rather have the company. I just have a heat sensitivity, so I try to stay away from cooking."

"...Oh? You're heat sensitive?" Shibo asked as she moved to pick up one of the pizza boxes. "I'll have to keep that in mind if we ever fight together again. That red smoke I use is actually pretty hot if you touch it. I wouldn't expect you to run into it anyway, but I might as well tell you now." Shibo mumbled. Pausing, a little scheming smile starting to come to Shibo's lips.

"Actually, I think I have a good way to demonstrate this. Let me show you one of the famous Aozoa party tricks~." Shibo said. Keeping Amiko close with her as she moved over to get her sword, Shibo did something quite strange. Holding her sword out flat, she got a plate ready as she balanced three slices of pizza on top of the blade.

"Okay, stand back. And don't worry, this is much safer than it looks. The smoke can't start fires." Shibo assured Amiko with a wink. A spell circle started to form, and soon enough, Shibo formed a Diffusion Slash around her blade, although if she didn't swing it when casting this spell, the blade would simply emit some of the red smoke and do nothing else. Where ordinary smoke would've lingered at the top of the ceiling, Shibo's smoke faded away into nothingness rather quickly. The slices of pizza now looking much more hot and appetizing than before, Shibo slid the three slices off her sword, and onto the plate, handing it to Amiko.

"There you go~. You might want to blow on it a bit before you eat it, though." Shibo giggled. "Don't ask me how I know how to do that. I actually fried an egg on there once as a training thing."

Amiko clarifies, "I'm only heat sensitive because I've got the serum running through me. Once I'm back in the arena, there won't be any need to have concerns for me." Amiko laughs when she sees the nature of her party trick, "I'm honestly surprised they'd even teach you that sort of thing. The person who taught me how to use my weapon would probably be mortified if he saw that. Something like..." Amiko does an old man impression, "How dare you sully your sword. Shame, shame on you."

Amiko laughs a bit at her notably bad impression, then takes a look at the pizza. "So, we might not have thought this totally through. How am I going to eat that if it is hot. Since I'm basically going to wait for it to go almost cold, shouldn't I have just eaten it cold?"

"Well... it was sort of wasn't official training, but frying an egg on your sword actually teaches you a lot about posture and control, even if it is sorta dumb. Mess up, and you'll just spill it on your clothes like I did once. My brother wouldn't stop laughing. Do it right though, and you have a nice nutritional breakfast." Shibo said matter-of-factly, with a wink.

When Amiko bought up the fact she couldn't eat the reheated pizza, Shibo blushed at her own stupidity, putting on one of those dopey smiles of hers.
"Oops. Um... yeah, I forgot about that. I don't suppose Astral Storm cools food down?" Shibo said with a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I didn't really think that one through. Now I've tortured you by having to make you smell hot pizza, but being unable to eat it. I'm truly the worst." Shibo said in a half-joking manner. Fanning the pizza with her hand, Shibo seemed to be making some sort of vain effort to try and cool it down again.

"I guess you'll have to wait until it's sort of warm? H-Heh... sorry about that. Though, while we wait, I'm curious..." Shibo paused. "...What were you about to write on your piece of paper? Or are you gonna save that for another day? I've been lucky enough not to get on the end of one of those yet."

"Well... it was sort of wasn't official training, but frying an egg on your sword actually teaches you a lot about posture and control, even if it is sorta dumb. Mess up, and you'll just spill it on your clothes like I did once. My brother wouldn't stop laughing. Do it right though, and you have a nice nutritional breakfast." Shibo said matter-of-factly, with a wink.

When Amiko bought up the fact she couldn't eat the reheated pizza, Shibo blushed at her own stupidity, putting on one of those dopey smiles of hers.
"Oops. Um... yeah, I forgot about that. I don't suppose Astral Storm cools food down?" Shibo said with a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I didn't really think that one through. Now I've tortured you by having to make you smell hot pizza, but being unable to eat it. I'm truly the worst." Shibo said in a half-joking manner. Fanning the pizza with her hand, Shibo seemed to be making some sort of vain effort to try and cool it down again.

"I guess you'll have to wait until it's sort of warm? H-Heh... sorry about that. Though, while we wait, I'm curious..." Shibo paused. "...What were you about to write on your piece of paper? Or are you gonna save that for another day? I've been lucky enough not to get on the end of one of those yet."
Casually, "Unfortunately, I think for the moment we will just have to live with the mistake. I don't have anything for cooling stuff down, so yeah. Don't worry about it. I didn't think to stop you, so it was my mistake too." Somewhat aloof, "As for the paper, I had something in mind, but it wouldn't do to just spoil it for you. That would ruin the surprise." Looking towards Shibo more directly, "But you seem different since the first time I met you. Something has been on your mind recently right?"

"Oh... ah... different?" Shibo said with somewhat of a stammer. Even she herself had realised she'd been acting a little different after meeting Amiko and Marcy and their whole situations, but she'd been hoping nobody noticed. Was she acting different because of... agh... it confused even her. She seemed to be almost a different person when hanging around with... her.

"...I, um, I guess I was just... kinda worried about you? Nice people like you don't deserve to be locked up somewhere. But I think I have a better understanding of how everything is now." Shibo mumbled. She paused, looking up with her pink-red eyes, a somewhat nervous look inside of them. "...Uhm... different, how? I-If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh... ah... different?" Shibo said with somewhat of a stammer. Even she herself had realised she'd been acting a little different after meeting Amiko and Marcy and their whole situations, but she'd been hoping nobody noticed. Was she acting different because of... agh... it confused even her. She seemed to be almost a different person when hanging around with... her.

"...I, um, I guess I was just... kinda worried about you? Nice people like you don't deserve to be locked up somewhere. But I think I have a better understanding of how everything is now." Shibo mumbled. She paused, looking up with her pink-red eyes, a somewhat nervous look inside of them. "...Uhm... different, how? I-If you don't mind me asking."
Amiko smiles more brightly when she sees the reserved nature of Shibo's response. Shibo definitely seemed more forthright than she could ever be in the same situation, but that was exactly why this needed to happen. Amiko dashes out of the kitchen and throws herself onto her couch. Landing with a small bounce after vaulting over the top of the couch, Amiko pats the area next to her, "I'll tell you more if you come over here."

"Uff... well, that's one ransom I can get behind." Shibo chuckled, glad to see Amiko had energy in her again. Because she was bigger, heavier, and a lot more clumsy, Shibo avoided following in Amiko's exact footsteps in case she broke something either in the house, or in someone's body.

Walking over to the couch, Shibo sort of flopped over the top of it, doing a lazy somersault so she was on her back next to Amiko. Wearing a jokingly lazy and dopey look for a moment, Shibo shifted her body so she faced Amiko in a cross-legged position on the sofa, looking at her expectantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Uff... well, that's one ransom I can get behind." Shibo chuckled, glad to see Amiko had energy in her again. Because she was bigger, heavier, and a lot more clumsy, Shibo avoided following in Amiko's exact footsteps in case she broke something either in the house, or in someone's body.

Walking over to the couch, Shibo sort of flopped over the top of it, doing a lazy somersault so she was on her back next to Amiko. Wearing a jokingly lazy and dopey look for a moment, Shibo faced Amiko in a cross-legged position on the sofa, looking at her expectantly.
"I can tell that you've changed since you've become more thoughtful. When I first met you, I didn't get the impression that you thought about the things you said very much. It seemed more like it was more like a stream of consciousness. When I first heard that you and Marcy were going to come over, I thought for sure that I'd end up telling you something really embarrassing offhandedly, but that hasn't happened yet. I don't have any proof, but I think that you've been purposely watching your words around me. You were doing it because you wanted to respect my boundaries. Am I in the ballpark?"

"Heh... it's that obvious?" Shibo whispered, smiling a bit as she looked down and played with her thumbs for a moment. She'd been expecting Amiko to hit the nail on the head in one guess - she seemed to have a very reading personality about her. Shibo relaxed her position on the sofa a little as she decided to explain.

"When you told me the truth serum sometimes makes you say things you didn't mean to, I saw how embarrassed and ashamed you looked when something you didn't mean to say came out. So I avoided asking any questions that might breach your privacy, if that's what you mean. It must be a horrible feeling, having your mouth just blurt things out when you don't want them to. I understand more than anyone about, well... secrets, heh." Shibo explained, looking around herself somewhat nervously as she spoke, particularly at the last sentence.

"Heh... it's that obvious?" Shibo whispered, smiling a bit as she looked down and played with her thumbs for a moment. She'd been expecting Amiko to hit the nail on the head in one guess - she seemed to have a very reading personality about her. Shibo relaxed her position on the sofa a little as she decided to explain.

"When you told me the truth serum sometimes makes you say things you didn't mean to, I saw how embarrassed and ashamed you looked when something you didn't mean to say came out. So I avoided asking any questions that might breach your privacy, if that's what you mean. It must be a horrible feeling, having your mouth just blurt things out when you don't want them to. I understand more than anyone about, well... secrets, heh." Shibo explained, looking around herself somewhat nervously as she spoke, particularly at the last sentence.
Amiko smiles brightly, "I thought something like that might be going on. You really are a rare kind of person. I can't tell you how many people go through life without really stopping to think about what they are doing. It is an endearing quality when someone takes it to its logical conclusion, but more often than not people just go halfway with it. They ask questions they aren't prepared to hear answered. They remain silent when they should speak up. They just don't understand the beautiful and tragic nature of interacting with other people. They don't understand what trust is worth, nor how to build it."

Amiko runs her hand through Shibo's hair, retracting it to brush up softly across her cheek before returning to her lap. "I don't think I would mind, embarrassing myself in front of you."

When Amiko finished her long sentence, it wasn't hard to see that her cheeks were red, and her mouth was half-open. Her eyes seemed to be wide, as if she'd genuinely enjoyed such a compliment. She certainly wasn't expecting something as heartfelt as that, and she was both speechless and somewhat emotional. Being called a 'rare person' filled a sort of warmth in Shibo's chest - one she hadn't had course through her for a long time.

Shibo looked like she was about to say something, but drifted off, her eyes closing a little bit as Amiko brushed a hand through her hair. It felt so wonderful that she felt almost sleepy afterwards, as if she could curl up and have her hair stroked like that forever. But, Shibo knew she had to hold herself back. She... just didn't want to do anything stupid right now. She'd hurt enough people with reckless decisions.

"...W-Wow. Um... thank you, Am'." Shibo seemed to be so distant that she didn't even pronounce Amiko's name properly. "-A-Amiko." She corrected. Shibo felt a little confused as to what to do. Her cheeks felt so hot that even she knew there was colour in them. Should she hide them? Should she switch the conversation into something like 'oh, the pizza's probably cooled down by now?'

All the possibilities were in her head, yet Shibo didn't look like she knew what to say. Although it wasn't in a bad way, she looked like she didn't know what to do next. She just sat there, opening her mouth to form words, but none came out. Until eventually, she managed to form some sort of sentence.

"I, ah... s... sorry. Nobody's really said something like that to me before, hee..." Shibo mumbled. "...That's one of the few things that makes you a rare person, too... h..." That looked like all Shibo was able to say.

When Amiko finished her long sentence, it wasn't hard to see that her cheeks were red, and her mouth was half-open. Her eyes seemed to be wide, as if she'd genuinely enjoyed such a compliment. She certainly wasn't expecting something as heartfelt as that, and she was both speechless and somewhat emotional. Being called a 'rare person' filled a sort of warmth in Shibo's chest - one she hadn't had course through her for a long time.

Shibo looked like she was about to say something, but drifted off, her eyes closing a little bit as Amiko brushed a hand through her hair. It felt so wonderful that she felt almost sleepy afterwards, as if she could curl up and have her hair stroked like that forever. But, Shibo knew she had to hold herself back. She... just didn't want to do anything stupid right now. She'd hurt enough people with reckless decisions.

"...W-Wow. Um... thank you, Am'." Shibo seemed to be so distant that she didn't even pronounce Amiko's name properly. "-A-Amiko." She corrected. Shibo felt a little confused as to what to do. Her cheeks felt so hot that even she knew there was colour in them. Should she hide them? Should she switch the conversation into something like 'oh, the pizza's probably cooled down by now?'

All the possibilities were in her head, yet Shibo didn't look like she knew what to say. Although it wasn't in a bad way, she looked like she didn't know what to do next. She just sat there, opening her mouth to form words, but none came out. Until eventually, she managed to form some sort of sentence.

"I, ah... s... sorry. Nobody's really said something like that to me before, hee..." Shibo mumbled. "...That's one of the few things that makes you a rare person, too... h..." That looked like all Shibo was able to say.
Amiko giggles, "Thank you for saying so. I know it was probably embarrassing to say. I'm not really sure why, but it is fun to introduce you to those sorts of things. Maybe, I just think that it is fun to watch you."

"So, um, anyway. Since I made a big deal about that, I'd look pretty foolish if I weren't going to live up to my words. Since you are taking care of me, it wouldn't do if I hid the sorts of things that I need. It is just, I'm worried that even if I asked you to do something you didn't want to do, that you'd do it anyway without me knowing how uncomfortable it made you. When I think about how much I want you as a tag partner in the arena, it makes me want to just deal with the adverse effects. Do you have an idea on how I can move past this?"

'Fun to watch her?' Shibo blushed even harder, starting to hide her face in her hands a little. Perhaps Amiko knew from the very beginning how easy it was for her to woo her? Shibo felt boiling hot, and it wouldn't be long before her feelings became very obvious. Taking a quiet but deep breath, Shibo did her best to retain her usual composure.

When Amiko continued, Shibo thought long and hard about the question given to her.
"Well... I'm the sort of girl who likes to get the worst things out of the way first. And I'm sure that your adverse effects can't be that bad... I'd like to think I'm tough when it comes to that. Like when I jumped in front of that fire for you, I'm not afraid to go headfirst into crazy situations. So whatever your effects are, I doubt you'll be spitting fireballs at me." Shibo paused, twiddling with her thumbs like mad, though the twiddling was decelerating more and more over time as she calmed down.

"I can't directly help you move past it if you feel reluctant to tell me... but, how about this. No matter what you need me to do - whether it's strange, embarrassing, or even a little ridiculous, I promise you this: I won't even bat an eyelid, and I'll do my best for you, and won't think of you any differently afterwards. We'll just get through it together quickly. You have my word on that." Shibo said, her eyes confident as they locked with Amiko's. "You can't ball up these things inside of you, and later suffer for it. I'd rather be a little bit surprised than know you're suffering. So... you can trust me on this one, 'kay? The reason I'm here is to take care of you, and you don't need to worry a bit about asking for something a stretch out of normality."

Amiko looks somewhat reassured by the time Shibo finishes discussing the subject. However, Amiko has a single objection, "I've been looking for someone I can rely on for a while now, and I have a suspicion that it can be you. But if it comes down to it, I'd always rather suffer than lose the things that are really important. This time, you can help me avoid it, but it might not always turn out that way. There are going to be things you aren't prepared to help me with. If I let you help me now, you aren't going to blame yourself when you can do nothing later on, right?"

Shibo closed her eyes for a moment, and nodded. She shuffled a little closer to Amiko on the sofa, looking a bit closer into her eyes to show how genuine she was. She wasn't sure what this could possibly be, but Shibo prepared herself for the worst.

"If you want me to promise I won't blame myself later, then I promise. Sometimes things can't be helped."

Status
Not open for further replies.