Soul Eater: New Year

Delynnaria lifted her head off of Reaper Girls Shoulder when she spoke. Delynnaria smiled "Oh... Well I love hugs.. But it gets hot after awhile. I like the cold which.. you may have noticed." She said and tried to keep her grip until Reaper Girl squirmed and pried her way out of the Death Grip like Hug. Delynnaria stepped back and rose up on the tips of her toes before lowering back down onto her feet. She smiled and tilted her head as Reaper Girl spoke again. Delynnaria listened closely "Of course I can! But remember.. Its better to be pissed off... than pissed on!" She said and laughed before meowing again. She growled and though cat like it was deep and more like a Leopard than the Domestic cat it sounded like before.

Delynnaria walked away from Reaper Girl and made her way to the sitting form of Gabriel. She approached the 'Two' and stopped infront of them. She suddenly dropped to the ground and sat directly across from Gabriel. She blinked twice and stared at him. The awkward stare lasted for less than two seconds before she spoke up "Well.. We have a team forming Gabriel... Reaper Girl... Leo... Tara and I. We want you and your brother Rapture! What do you say! I mean it will be-Meow!" She cursed loudly and belligerently. She punched the ground causing it to crack lightly. She lifted her hand and groaned "Im sorry.." She said and finally composed herself again. "Excuse the... meowing... Its well.. I don't know and where I left off." She said and seemed more serious now that she was getting upset. "We would like you to join our team." She finally finished and began to awkward staring once more as she waited patiently for an answer. Like a cat she didn't even blink as she began to stare.

63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
Tara watched as her Meister left, reaching out for her with a muffled "Ah.." but Delynnaria was gone before she could even form a thought. So now she was left with Leone. Instantly a blush bloomed on her cheeks as she glanced at the Weapon, fiddling with her charms anxiously. I wonder if he knows about me. He probably doesn't even know who I am.

Rapture nodded excitedly. "Yes! Oh yeah! A team!" Gabriel nodded, "Alright, I'll join... if you don't think I'd be a bother..." Just as Gabriel picked himself up off the floor, the PA system started screaming. "YAHOO! ALRIGHT STUDENTS! MAKE YOUR WAY OUT TO THE MAIN GATE FOR RANKING TESTS! YOUR TEST PROCTOR FOR THIS EXAM WILL BE ME, THE MOST AMAZING MEISTER THE DWMA HAS EVER SEEN! THE GREAT BLACK STAR! COME PREPARED FOR A FIGHT AS WE'RE GONNA SETTLE THIS YEAR'S RANKINGS WITH A..." The intercom's screaming paused, and Gabriel covered his ears in preparation for the coming storm, "BATTLE ROYALE! TEAMS OF UP TO THREE WEAPON- MEISTER PAIRS ARE ALLOWED! NOW GO! FIRST ONE OITSIDE GETS A FREE AUTOGRAPH FROM THE LEGENDARY ASSASSIN: BLACK STAR!" Gabriel and Rapture both began to make their way to the gateway, passing Calla on the way. "Hey, listen, I appreciate the gesture, but Rapture and I will be the ones to find Dad. You just focus on finding Spirit and the others, and if you get any clues as to where my old man disappeared to, send them my way. I'll do the same for you." For that moment, Gabriel wasn't nervous. He was determined, and for that second, he looked scary...Then it was over. He looked down at the floor and said, "Sorry to bother you. I didn't mean to sound rude." Then shuffled away.

Last edited:
Reaper Girl looked up at the sound of Black Star's voice and sighed. "Jeez.." But she chuckled at the meisters enthusiasm. She certainly thought he got annoying, but he was her combat teacher and he certainly was very talented. She turned, making her way back towards where she left her weapon. She walked till she stood in front of him, her hands moving behind her back and locking her fingers together behind her. "Ready to spar? I'm sure where going to have a problem with that Calla girl if we go up against her." She said, but she didn't sound worried. She was confident in her fighting skills, and even if she didn't win it would be disappointing but she wasn't a sore loser. It gave her a goal to work towards, which she enjoyed doing, and it would only have her work harder. She was already planning on taking battle lessons from more people this year, including being taught by her grandfather.

Delynnaria looked at him and smiled "Alright! Its a deal!" She said then looked up at the noise coming over the loud speakers. She stood up and walked over to where Tara was standing which was near Reaper Girl and Leo. She looked at Tara and smiled "Are you ready to win? Im feeling jumpy! I want to move! Oh! I cant wait!" She said ethusiasticly. She then turned to Reaper Girl "We have our Team..." She said before Taking Tara's hand.

"Are you ready? I want to be ranked high today!" she said and took Tara's hand. She suddenly felt as if she was being pushy. "Tara.. I don't want to be that one that takes the lead all the time.. Lets head to the sparring area. We can talk about this on the way. I mean I hope I don't come off as controlling..." She said as they began to walk towards the main gates.

Nakta listened to the loud speaker that boomed through the sparring area, he waited patiently for if to end before saying anything. He looked towards the doors to the sparring area, a small cluster of kids gathered by it trying to get out. A chill ran down Nakta's spine when he thought of all the kids who touched each other trying to get out so quickly. Out of habit, Nakta reached inside his pocket and pulled out his bottle of hand sanitizer, shortly after he squirted some on his hand and worked it in. "Uhm...Calla?..." Nakta said, slight worry filling his voice, "It looks like we might be on our own for this 'Battle Royal'. We haven't really made any friend who have partners and from what I've picked up, Delynnaria, the Soul siblings, and Reaper girl have made a team." Nakta paused for a moment to look around. After a few seconds his gaze turned back to Calla, "You sure we can stand up against a Shinigami? " Nakta wasn't one to worry all to often, but some things he couldn't help but think about. This was one of those things.

Leone kicked off the wall when Reaper Girl approached. "If someone didn't give us a challenge, I would be really concerned about what these teachers have been telling these guys." He stated with a smirk. Finally, some competition to spice up the monotony. "This is going to be fun." He rolled his shoulders, hearing a satisfying pop, and ventured towards where they were supposed to be heading.

Reaper Girl lifted an eyebrow and smirked, following behind her weapon. She closed her eyes, peeking into her soul. She spotted her madness well contained and opened her eyes again. She was grateful she found a team, granted she was kinda harsh and forecful, but Delynnaria didn't seem to be offended.

She glances around as they eventually arrived to there destination, looking at the other Meisters and Weapons. "Sorry about making a team without asking your opinions on it." She mumbled under her breath to Leone . She didntdidn't exactly like apologizing, but she felt as if she was going to have to try new things this year.

"Don't worry about it. You picked the same people I would have teamed up with anyways, so it's all good." Leone replied easily. His gaze meandered over all the teams, wondering what kind of moves they all had to bring to the table. He would be ready for whatever came his way.

Reaper Girl rubbed the back of her neck and let we gaze travel across the others. She was prepared, of course. And this was just a sparring match. It meant she didn't have to be the strongest fighter. It meant she had to be the smartest. She could use her small size to her advantage, as well as her speed more than her strength and power this time. Of course, she might end up having to make a few bruises, but she had to fight her opponents as equals and classmates not as Kishins and enemies. She glances to Leone, then back at the other weapons wondering how he would fair against them. There were all sorts of weapons here.

As Delynnaria took Tara's hand, the young Weapon felt herself relax. She couldn't help but beam at her Meister's giddiness and couldn't help but think that the earlier mewing was impossibly cute. Yes she felt that she and Delynnaria could be one of the top pairs especially in with the new team they had just made. She had liked the way that had turned out actually. She really liked the snack boy, Gabriel and Rapture? Yes i think that was it and Leone's partner had turned out to be Reaper Girl who Tara had heard of but never seen. With them Tara knew they were next to unstoppable.

As she followed the half-witch she couldn't help but bite her lip. She was letting Delynnaria take the lead a lot. It had just come naturally to her, but Tara could seen how it could bug someone.
"No you're not being controlling. Sorry, it just takes me awhile to warm up to new people," she apologized with a nervous smile.

Delynnaria continued with Tara to the outside gates before stopping and taking a deep breath. She began to feel bad about her leading them around all the time and thought about having Tara lead for awhile. "Tara.. Im sorry for leading you around. You can lead us places now if you want... We are where we need to be now sooo... lets see how comes out." She said and felt her Witch soul begin to almost hum in tune with her Meister Soul. The feeling sent shivers down her entire body and she felt a very cold and almost supernatural tingle pass through her. She shivered once and smiled at the feeling of the cold passing through her.

It was then that the thought of her cold body passed through her head. She groaned suddenly and sighed. 'Guy's like girls that are warm... I feel like a half melted Ice cube..' She thought inside of her head. She then turned to Tara "Do you think Guys would date a girl who feels cold... like a half melted ice cube.. I mean guys go for the shorter girls that are warm.. Im taller and feel like a Ice Cube." She said suddenly and almost completely random. Sure, she was beautiful and fit but her skin was cold to the touch and her Snow Leopard Animistic features continue to grown. She didn't have ear's which she was happy about but she had more impulses to find places to go randomlly sleep. She also looked at others the way a Cat does when it stalks its prey. She shook her head and sighed.

There was no point in stalling anymore, it would be quite awkward if Nakta and Call stood in the sparring area when everyone else was by the main gate getting ready for the battle royal. Team or not, Nakta and Calla needed to get out there and show their stuff, let people know what they are made of. In the DWMA, skill and strength give you status, if they bailed on the Battle Royal it would most likely stick with them for a while. "Calla, I think we should start heading out. This 'Battle Royal' is going to be tough with just a one person team, but if we manage to turn a few heads and impress some people, we might still get a good ranking." Nakta stated.

Nakta turned his back on Calla, his body facing the doors of the sparring area."C'mon, maybe we still have time to see Black Star." Nakta breathed out. He started to walk out of the sparring area, making his way through the school and out to the main gate. A few other weapon/Meister pairs had been standing outside, including Reaper Girl. Nakta stood there. As he looked around the area, his hands flowed into his pocket and pulled out a bottle of hand-sanitizer. He squirted it on his hand and mixed it around. The smell that came from the sanitizer comforted Nakta, his mind eased a little at the fact that his hands were clean.

Tilting her head, she smelled the strong scent of hand sanitizer. Reaper Girl frowned, thinking it was an odd smell. She turned her gaze to find where it was coming from and spotted Calla's weapon partner. She didn't exactly know who he was, she just seen him in her classes before. And he always squirted hand sanitizer into his hand. The fact that he seemed to be a germaphobe never bothered her. In fact, it was nice knowing that someone in the school was clean compared to a lot of the people in the school with questionable hygiene. The only problem she ever had with it was the smell. She could never stand the smell of hand sanitizer. Whenever she bought some she always made sure it came in a cute bottle and that it was strawberry scented. She turned her gaze away to focus on something else in order to put the strong scent out of her mind. Maybe if she didn't look at it, the smell would be less noticeable.

(I literally got no alerts for this.. V-V)
Reaper whatever her name was started rambling on about blah blah this and blah blah that. Honestly, Calla hadn't given a single shit. So what if she was a Shinigami? Her madness would consume her soul and before you knew it it would be Calla cleaning up her stupid screw up. Partnering up with another soul filled with madness wasn't the best idea either. The team would fail. Having elegance was better than whatever this pathetic idiot had up her sleeves. Calla looked over to her partner.. well, he hadn't agreed yet but.. She listened to Nakta, his worries. She turned torwards him and put her hands on her hips confidently, "With you I will. We have to work on batlle strategy though.." Calla observed the tiny girl. She didn't look strong, that's for sure. Which meant one thing.. she had her speed. So her weapon would have to be something quick, light, easy to mauvour. Speed meant you had to block. Blocking wasn't her best area but if she could dodge her attacks Calla should be fine. She could also use Nakta. But there were others to worry about too. And they'd probably all be going after her. Her mind thought back to her new ability. If she could just read their souls and match them with her wavelength. Calla read into each of their souls, grasping their wavelengths. What bothered her was her inability to match both Crona-sama's sons' wavelengths. Elecricity (of some sorts) rumbled in her hands as she switched her wavelength to math the Shinigami's.. this was what elegance, discipline, could do for someone. They didn't need friends. They were strong enough by themselves. Nakta and Calla would find the missing meisters and weapons are bring them back to Death City! "We are alone which means we are at a slight disadvantage. But as long as we know our surroundings we should be fine.. You are going to be my defense tool rather than my offense," she said, her voice quieter than usual. Nakta told Calla they should start heading torward the sparring area and Calla nodded. "Lead the way.. I actually have something to tell you," she faltered before deciding this was important information that Nakta needed to know. "I am Maka-chan's daughter.. Calla Albarn. Heriot is some last name I just use," her dismissed the name with her hand before she began to head to the sparring area.

Reaper Girl felt something odd sturring in her soul. Someone trying to match hers, perhapse? If so, she wouldn't allow that her gaze hardened as her soul softened it hold on her madness. And with that, the madness took the advantage, erropting in a series of inconsistent, irrational waves. She wouldnt allow someone match her. She would only allow her weapon partner. Her face broke into a wide, crazed grin from the madness. She turned her body so noneof the students would see, her hands covering her face. Her madness pulsed, throbbing out as it grew making her soul close to impossible to sync with. Though the difficulty to control it didn't last long. She wanted to prove a point. That she could be unreadable if she wanted. That she was unsyncable unless she allowed the person. her soul soon matched with the madness, preventing it from consuming her with electric sparks, but she kept the crazed wavelength. Turning, her grin slowly gassed off her features and her face hardened.

Tara fiddled with her bracelet as she listened to Delynnaria. She did need to be more assertive. As she listened to her Meister, she thought of ways she could do so. When she heard of the half-witch taking about bits she blushed slightly. "Well, I wouldn't know anything about boys. I don't have much experience there. But I don't think you should worry. You're beautiful, I don't think they'll care if your cold."

Trying to change the subject she rose to her tip toes, trying to see into the sparing ring. "Come on," Tara said, grabbing hold of Delynnaria's hand one again. "Let's try to get a better spot." She pulled her Meister through the crowd, pausing only when she spotted Reaper Girl and brought Delynnaria and herself to a stop beside her.

Nakta had heard of the technique Calla was referring to. It's a style of fighting few people used, and it wasn't very easy. Calla sounded confident when she said he would be the defense and she would be the offense. If Calla could really pull off this fighting style, they will have a greater chance of winning. The fighting style Calla was referring to allowed the Miester to use his/her wavelength to attack their opponent directly. The miester's offensive wavelength clashed with the opponent's and it could cause strong internal damage. There are different ways Calla could be using her wavelength to attack, but Nakta didn't know how she was going to do it.

"I assume you'll be using your wavelength to attack, and if that's the case, how are you going to use it?" Nakta said in a hushed tone, inaudible to anyone who isn't close to him. "I mean, there's so many different ways to use your wavelength. do you already have a strategy on how you'll use it?" Nakta inquired, hoping to receive a few more details from his partner.

Delynnaria looked over at Tara and smiled at her response. "Well... I'm surprised you don't honestly. That makes me feel a bit better. At least I know my coldness of body wont put out the fire of my personality and heart." She said almost poetically. It was then that she saw the others beginning to come into the area and looked around before Tara began to speak again. It was then that she felt her hand get suddenly grabbed and before she knew it she was being pulled deeper into the crowd untill they we standing next to Reaper Girl.

Delynnaria smiled at Tara once again 'Im glad I am not the only one leading us around.. Makes me feel bad.' She thought to herself as she suddenly felt another meow coming up. She repressed it easily and then looked over at Reaper Girl "Hello again.. Is our team ready..? I think it will be an overall easy match for us. Tara and I are ready for a lot" she said to Reaper. It was then she let her guard down and a light meow escaped her lips and she grumbled loudly. "I hate this... but I bet it looks cute... I hate all of you." she said before she felt another coming up.

Gabriel had just been a badass, confident dude for about two seconds. Nobody even noticed it, even the person he'd been badass at. He sighed and regrouped with Reaper and the others. Rapture comforted him on his way to rejoin the group, "Aaw, I noticed it. I thought it was cool, why aren't you like that all the time?" Gabriel responded with his usual quietness, "I don't know what that was...It just came out. Sure was cool though." When he came to stand by Reaper and Delynnaria, Rapture extended to black tendrils to tap them on the shoulders. "Do either of you have a plan? Because we're all high targets, and this team is about two minutes old."