Soul Eater: New Year

Reaper Girl turned her gaze to the people, walking towards the bleachers. She sat down, leaning back against the seats behind her. She rests her elbows on the seat and gazed around the room, then glanced to the other people. She began thinking about her weapon and how she would have to adjust her own independence to fit with having a partner. It would mean she would have to trust and rely on someone else other then herself. She frowns. How was she suppose to get use to another person being around her so much when people naturally avoided her all the time? And now she was suppose to trust him back. That would be slightly difficult for her. She was use to not needing to do such things. She looked at Leone with a frown. She wasn't mad at him. She was just.... Studying him. Like usual. She was determining if she could trust him as much as she was suppose to. She hoped she could. She wanted to.

Leone glanced back to his meister upon feeling her studious gaze on him. He knew he would have to change his ways. He needed to trust his meister, he wanted to trust her, he had to trust her. Simple as that. The consequences were his fault, but he wouldn't blame himself for doing the job given to him from day one at the DWMA. He was to grow stronger by putting faith in his partner and getting the job done right. A smile crossed his face as he focused on his purpose. He had to destroy keishan eggs by eating their souls. Best way to do that was by having a partner he had to trust. His gaze lifted from his thoughts, his smile disappearing immediately.

Reaper raised an eyebrow and sighed turning her gaze up at the ceiling. She decided she would see how there first mission went to see if she would be able to trust the guy. She turned her gaze to the nearest window and watched outside. She began thinking of what she should do on her way home. She lived in her own apartment, which she moved into recently, and she had to design it. She though of going to the nearest toy store. Last time she was there they had a brand new collectors item teddy bear. This one was dressed up as a doctor. She blushed at the thought of how cute it was, instantly wanting to bolt out of school and buy it. She had ever other bear from the brand, the Doctor Bear was recently released and the only one she didn't have. She also needed to move those bears out of there boxes and into there new places. Reaper eventually got lost in thought about the teddy bears, since they were her secret passion.

63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
Tara was silent as she tried to catch her breath. She had to admit that their little exercise left her slightly dizzy; never had anyone handle her quickly before, yet their synchronization had been shot on. She, along with Delynnaria had notice people come into the room, the boy from the snack table and the girl that had hurry those guys earlier, by her side seemed to be her new Weapon, a boy Tara recognized. She had had a couple off classes with him but had never really talked to him. What was him name again? Something like lion....Leo? No Leone that's it.

Even though she had regained her bearings, Tara remained in her weapon form as Delynnaria approached the group feeling suddenly shy. As always her desire for their backgrounds intrigued her but she didn't know if they knew about her reputation. She watched the Meister girl and Leone began their practice and was amazed. Yet she couldn't help but think,
They're good but I think Delynnaria and I can handle them. She glanced at the snack boy, wondering about his power and whether or not she should try and talk to him.

Last edited:
Delynnaria smiled inwardly at how Tara was feeling. She could feel all that Tara was feeling and began to giggle. 'Relax Tara...' She said into her mind so Tara could hear. She then turned as Repear girl and Leo began to warm up. She watched them closely and observed their movements wth each other. Her witch instincts kick in and her soul seemed to fluctuate violently. Her emerald eyes glazed over and seemed to flicker lightly as if glowing. Their radiant light was only just noticable to those looks at her.

She felt somthing stirr inside of her and she squrimed abit as a surge of power flowed through her. Drips of the feeling passed into Tara as their souls were still connected. Her hands began to frost up lightly and grabbed her attention. She gripped Tara in her weapon form tightly and took a deep breath. She exhaled hard and a large flow of almost snow like mist came out.

She squeaked suddenly and turned to face the wall. A surge flowed through her body once more and she rested her head against the wall. Her soul began to fluctuate again and she put her free hand on her chest. Her soul's Aura seemed to be getting larger every second and appeared more Witch like as it continued to Fluctuate. It began to Turn from a Purpleish blue to a deeper Purple. A large Snowflake seemed to begin forming on the side of her soul. She sunk to the floor and rested her head against the wall and kept her front facing away from the others. She closed her eyes and cringed as another surge passed through her.

Tara and Delynnaria's resonance was strong enough to awaken the hidden parts of her soul. Her body began to react to the waking up of her witch side. Her meister side was small in comparisson to the rising part of her soul. She took a deep breath and exhaled again. The mist seemed finer and more controlled than before. The surging spikes began to slowly die out and the shook her head. "Lord Death... never told me this would happen... He doesn't know." She suddenly said out loud. She knew Reaper Girl knew what she was and didn't care if she heard her.

Reaper Girl continued to be lost in her own little world, her knee bouncing up and down impatiently. When will this thing start?! She had to get to the store before they were sold out. Reaper jumped up out of her seat and began pacing back and forth with a frown on her face. She needs to get to that store..! Turning, she looked at the nearest wall clock and frowned even more. What if there were no more left..!? "Damn, this is taking so long. Some people have places to be..!" She complained to herself. Reaper Girl continued her pacing, attempting to take her mind off things by thinking about her next training session with Black Star for hand to hand combat.

Leone's relaxed posture shifted slightly as he saw Delynnaria move towards the wall. A hint of concern graced his features, and he began to make his way over to her. A nagging feeling in the back of his mind brought hesitancy to his steps, however, and he stopped short upon seeing the mist that came from the meister's mouth. He bit the inside of his lip, deciding whether or not it would be smart to get any closer. He gave himself a mental check. Lord Death wouldn't let a witch into the Acadamy without a pretty damn good reason. The weapon knew he had no reason to be hostile with his fellow student, either. He went back to his spot along the wall, very aware of the meister's actions now. To be safe, he supposed he should casually make his way over to his meister's side, in case any real danger sparked to life. So that's what he did. He smirked at her anxious pacing. "Hey. Keep your eye on Delynnaria for a second." He spoke to her in a faint whisper, keeping his gaze trained on one of the dummies in order to keep things looking casual. There wasn't a thing wrong with this picture, was there?

Reaper blinked and looked at Leone, then over to Delynnaria. She noticed she was huddled rather close to the wall. She stoped her pacing and watched Delynnaria cautiously. Her gaze switched to Soul Perception, watching the girls soul turn more purple than it's natural color. "Then stay ready in case I need you." She said to Leone in a hushed voice. She had no desire to hurt Delynnaria, but if the witch side of her took over and the consequences turned put to be harmful, she would do what she must to keep the situation from growing. Besides, she figured it was better she end up fighting Delynnaria if she acted out than a different meister. There was no telling if they would kill her unlike Reaper, who would simply restrain her.

She took a few steps to Delynnaria, thinking over if she should attempt to put a comforting hand on her shoulder but decided against it. Reaper wasn't really the comforting type, plus her natural scowl would send mixed signals. She crouched down by Delynnaria, folding her skirt neatly under her and looked at the meister. Reaper Girl had taught herself a few things with her soul wavelength while trying to control her own curropt soul.

She rubbed her hands together, a small spark flicking off her fingertips from the friction and she pulled her hands apart. Her palms had a warm red glow and she placed them in Delynnarias back. Her hands sent a slight pulse from her soul to the meisters, a electrical spark hitting the witch part of her soul and wrapping around it. She tried to make it painless but it still gave Delynnaria a sharp pinching feeling as the electrical sparks restricted the soul from changing anymore to buy her meister side more time to overpower the witch side.

Nakta looked at the outstretched hand, concern riddled his face. His first thought was to spurt some hand-sanitizer in her palm, but a closer examination proved she didn't need it. She wore thins silken gloves, the fancy kind. Nakta has hesitant to let his exposed hands touch that of her wrapped ones. Even though she was wearing gloves, who knows what she's touched in the past few hours whence she put them on. Nakta squinted at the hand, shortly after, his gaze slid up her narrow posture till they landed on her eyes. Nakta needed to think of a reasonable excuse to not touch her hand. Nakta hadn't even considered the thought that she wanted him to turn into his weapon form, he sees an outstretched hand and he thinks 'hand-shake'.

"There's a time and a place..." was the only excuse that he could muster up. This was definitely the time, but there was a more adequate place to try their luck with each other. the only problem there was, if they were a bad match for each other, there trip to the sparring area (the place) would have been for naught. Nakta decided it was worth the risk. What's a few minutes lost anyways. "How about the training area in the sparring room? We can match wavelengths there...If were no good, we'll come back and look for new partners." Nakta stated. After speaking, Nakta thought about his words, he didn't feel comfortable with them. He felt like he needed to add more,"Others might thinks otherwise, but I don't thinks it's exactly safe to turn into a 6' 6 foot scythe in the middle of a crowed of students." Yes, a shitty reason turned into a good one. I hope she takes it... Nakta thought immediately after.

The angry boy glared at her and she tisked. He wasn't worth her time. She couldn't believe she almost convinced herself of feeling disappointed. She hated him, Calla decided. She would destroy him one day.. Emotionally and physically. Yes, hurting his and that Shinigami's pride would make Calla feel better. No, she wasnt a saddist but some just got on her nerves.. a deadly but silent temprr you could say.. Her hand had stayed in the air.. Nakta seemed to not want to touch it. Had he changed his mind about testing their connection? Calla's hand stayed in the air as he spoke, not really seeing the problem. Then Nakta spoke, explaining why he was refusing to take her hand and change into his weapon form. A time and a place? What was a better time than this?! They were looking for partners and Calla needed to see what Nakta could do! There was no better time for this! She finally lowered her hand as he branched out for his simple reasoning. Fine then. They'd go to the training room but Calla would get to test his powers then. No more stalling. She didn't want to.. she didn't mind hurting the idiotic people who stood in her way but the boy seemed to want to stand his ground. Whatever. Calla nodded briefly and turned torward the exit. She wanted to get there as fast as she could, this was precious time she was wasting.. "Well, come on then.. no need to waste any more time," she said stiffly, she began to stride torward the exit. This was a bit ridiculous but Calla needed a weapon. They entered the training room. Calla had no trouble finding it considering she studied every map of the DWMA beforehand. She turned torwards Nakta and raised her hand again. "I am through stalling.. give me your hand and show me what you've got," Calla stared blankly into the boy's eyes. She hadn't meant for that to come off as harshly as it did... She'd only wanted him to listen to her.

Nakta watched her turn on her heel and start to walk off towards the exit, his chest felt heavy. His only potential partner all morning, and he scared her off...again. The moment or two before she spoke again felt like an eternity, although the wait was worth it. Well, come on then... Were the only words he caught, but they were enough. As she turned around again to head off towards the sparring area, a slight smile crept across his face. A suitable partner with high expectations, this usually means she has high expectations for herself as well. A small hint of what she's like. Nakta followed her to the training room, walking only a few paces behind her. While the room opened up to Nakta into a room nearly as big as the gymnasium, his focus on the room ended abruptly as he accidentally bumped into his potential partner in front of him. He looked at her, she stopped. Before Nakta could apologize or even clean himself from the germs, she extended her hand. I guess...this was inevitable. Nakta sighed, "Alright..." Nakta breathed out.

He shuttered slightly when he extended his hand out to hers. He felt her silken glove along his skin. The fact that she had gloves on comforted him slightly, but he still felt as if he could feel the germs crawling onto his skin. He nearly fainted when he gripped onto her hand, but he managed to stay conscious. Nakta almost completely forgot about the germs on her glove when he felt the energy that surged form her hand onto his. Was this them matching wavelengths? this is what it felt like? "Woah..." He whispered to himself.

Excuted was not a strong enough word to describe what Calla was feeling.. Calla Heriot. After all this time. Was finally going to meet her partner. Even if it wasnt the boy following her it would surely be another. But nevertheless, today was the day she would find the person she matched wavelengths with. She turned around to face him and he ran into her. She excitement didn't falter though. Calla backed away a bit, her face started to hurt. He ran straight into her face, with no hesitance. Had she cared? Not enough to admit her face hurt that's for sure.. but then again being the stubborn girl she was allowed her, even in her final moments, to always keep her head held high. Nakta finally took Calla's hand amd instantly Calla felt the energy he surged into her. She had never felt anything like it before. She smiled, his energy was powerful but she could easily over power it. Their wavelengths seemed to flow together.. Calla hadn't needed to do anything to determine that. "I want to try out your weapon form," Calla said bluntly. It didn't care if they connected really well regarding their wavelengths.. if his weapon form sucked then there was no point in working with him.

Delynnaria felt the stinging feel but it quickly numbed out as she felt something surge through her. Her eyes opened again and she exhaled deeply as if all the air in her lungs escaped. The air seemed cold but the frost it carried was not thick. She felt the different parts of her souls begin to even out with each other and she shook her head in relief. She closed her eyes again and began to look inward. She opened her eyes again to see her soul glowing a beautiful and vibrant Dark Purple that was a mix of a blue and purple. She stared at it and smiled as she began to feel her soul parts move in harmony. She closed her eyes again then opened them to see the wall in font of her only a few centimeters in front of her. She felt Reaper's presence behind her and felt her hands on her back and sighed once more in relief.

She stood up and turned to face Reaper Girl. Delynnaria's eye still seemed to have a almost glowing part of them but remained their same vibrant and brilliant emerald green. "Thank you... I don't know what was happening but whatever you did... tipped the balance and now they are equal with one another. I still feel the... you know which side of me remains strongest but they seem in harmony with one another." She said to her. Delynnaria used her free hand to run a hand through her hair "I.. I hope we are all in a team together." She said and slowly lowered her head in both embarrassment over what had happened and over the shy side of her that was beginning to come out.

Nakta didn't give it a second thought, he gave Calla a nod and transfromed. It's a little over a day since he'd turned into his weapon form, so he was a little excited. Obviously an emotion he didn't let shine through his persona. In a dull flash of light, Nakta's body had disappeared and left in the midst was a scythe. His hand in which touched Calla's was now the pole of the Scythe, and the long blade curved downwards, nearly scraping against the floor. The abnormal carvings that lined the blades left side glowed a greenish hue. It wasn't anything significant, the markings were only reacting to the wavelength of his wielder. The last person to wield Nakta made the etched carvings glow blue. "Try me out" Nakta said, his voice deep and alluring.

Calla felt the smooth, cold metal of his handle through her silk gloves. He was so.. light. The blonde hadn't expected it to be this easy. And he was beautiful. A magnificent weapon indeed, the greenish glow that the scythe gave off was so intriguing. "Try me out." And try she shall. She lifted the scythe up with one hand, she stood strongly on the ground as she pointed the scythe to a rack of swords in the room. The rack was about 8 yards away. Calla ran torward the rack, she had shifted Nakta so his handle was parallel to her fore arm. Nakta's blade was about six inches off the floor. Calla's motions were very quick, she stopped about three feet away from the rack. She grabbed the handle with both hands and pulled Nakta quickly against through the blades. She moved gracefully, her actions calculated. There were barely any pauses between her transactions if any. Calla watched the rack scatter to the floor, the blades all cut in half. Though her face expression didn't show it, she was giddy. Calla tapped the scythe gently on the ground. "I'd say that was a nice example of what we could do together.. you can turn back now," Calla blinked, she was still staring at the broken swords on the ground. "I'd love to be your partner but I have a question... Why are you glowing green?" Her voice didn't give away the exasperation she was hiding. Should it have been that easy to cut through metal? How easy would it be to cut flesh? Calla loved the thrill of her wavelength intertwining with his. They pushed on each other, demanding the other wavelength to do better. But it never came to the point where either soul was bullying the other. Their wavelengths fit so well together it was almost scary.

((Ugh, I didn't get a single alert for this.))

Delynnaria's witch soul...it's beginning to manifest in earnest...I...I...what is this...I can't even think straight... Gabriel thought as he stumbled out of the room, clutching his head as it was wracked with pain. He'd had this happen before, which was why he wasn't suprised when he heard it: his mad self. I AWAKEN! I, THE AVENGING ANGEL, GABRIEL! FROM WITHIN THE MIND OF THIS PATHETIC HUMAN! I SHALL SMITE ALL WHO LACK FAITH! His mad persona screamed with his head. It caused agonizing pain, "R-rapture...are you...alright?" He asked through gritted teeth. He sat down, curling into fetal position as he clutched his head and fought to control the terrible, screaming voice within his head. Inside his head, the voice laughed a terrible screeching laugh. Just kidding, so, why'm I out? Normally you just lock me away. Not that I'm ungrateful. Actually, if I'm out, you can answer that later! I'm taking control now! Again, there was that horrible screech of a laugh. Then, Gabriel's body started to move. Slowly, against Gabriel's will, it stood up. "Shut up...Go...back...You're evil. I won't let you hurt people..." With that Gabriel forced his madness down into the recessesof his otherwise normal soul. When he was off-guard, those who could see souls could spot his madness, a black sphere at the center of his soul.

Reaper Girl didn't allow herself time to say a "you're welcome" and she stood up. She walked to Gabriel, figuring she couldn't very well use the less harmful way to calm him down like she did with Delynnaria. Madness and Witch souls were very different. One can be a witch without the violent madness coming with it. Reaper Girl looked around the hallway, then grabbed onto Gabriels hand, shoving him into the gym. She walked in, shutting the doors behind her and glancing to Leone who was still watching the dummies in the room. She rolls her eyes, standing in front of the door, locking it behind her. Her gaze switched to Soul Perception, spotting the black madness in Gabriels soul getting stronger. Her hands began sparking with the same electricity she used on Delynnaria, but this time it was stronger. She needed it to be stronger to withhold Gabriels madness, but she couldn't get near him. Just being this close to him, even though he was several feet away, caused her own madness to roar in response to his. Her madness had a call of its own. It demanded to make the world into its own vision of "Beauty and Balance". Her body twitched slightly from her madness demanding to be released, but her gaze remained harsh and locked on Gabriel. She frowned a little, trying to think of how she could go about controlling and containing the situation like her Father told her so many times she had to do as a Shinigami.

Gabriel withdrew his hand. "Please, just go. I..." the Meister let out a groan of pain, and a trickle of black blood rand down from his nose,"I c-can handle him. But not with you here...You're m-making it worse, actually." Again, the screeching laughter pierced through Gabriel's head. Rapture's soul was visibly in a state of flux. The black blood creature had his own madness to deal with. "Please...I can...put him back in his Soul Prison, just go and keep the others away?"

Reaper Girl watched him for a moment, then points to a supply closet in the back of the gym. "Then go in there and collect yourself. I'll make sure no one enters the closet from out here until you get back. There should be nothing harmful in there, just dummies and other targets." Her voice was demanding, but it faltered a little. She took more steps away from Gabriel to distance herself as much as possible from the madness she could sense on him. Her hands trembled slightly, her golden eyes getting flecks and swirls of black in them as her soul withheld her own madness. Reaper tucks her hands under her arms, pressing them against her body to stop them from twitching and shaking. "Go now." Her voice was more forceful and commanding now than normal, wanting him to leave her quickly.

Gabriel nodded and stumbled into the supply closet wordlessly. He appreciated Reaper's offer, he just wasn't sure what would come out of his mouth if he tried talking at the moment. He shut the door behind him. It did a surprisingly good job of blocking sound. He pulled his soul into himself, focusing his energy to re-establish his control. Hey there stiff. He heard his mad self say. You know, I know what happened to dad...Let me free and I'll tell you. "And what? You'll kill everyone afterward. And besides, neither of us know who the snake-woman was." Gabriel answered as Rapture picked his soul back up, "What...what my brother said. Neither of us are giving in to madness." The blood being said. The two brothers were more than a match for Gabriel's madness, sealing it back away within Gabriel's soul. "Thanks brother." The two brothers sighed, taking a deep breath to clear their minds. Gabriel stood up, pushing open the door and stepping out of the supply closet. Glancing over to Reaper, he nodded a thank you. "If you ever need something...I owe you one."

Last edited: