Soul Eater: New Year

Reaper sat on the ground, evening her breath. By the time Gabriel came back out, telling her he owed her, she cringed at the words because her first thought was she wanted his blood. She turns her head away and nods slightly. "Uh... Huh." She stood up, dusting herself off and walked back towards the bleachers to gain distance from the others. She interacted with people more than she thought she would, making her feel slufjtlyt... Awkward. She wasn't use to being so social, if you can call it that.

Nakta appeared before Calla in his human form in a slouched position. He stood up straight, his gaze focusing on Calla. "I-" Nakta started, being cut off by the sound of shouting. Nakta turned his head towards the commotion. Nakta looked in time to see a boy close the door of the supply closet keeping himself inside. Shortly after he emerged from the supply closet, looking a lot better than he previously had, Nakta realized who it was. The black blood and soul siblings. They are almost always victim to rumors and gossip. Nakta took another look around the room, noticing a few other students who are almost always at the root of the common rabble. Reaper girl, Delynnaria, the black blood and soul siblings, how hasn't Nakta noticed earlier.

Nakta's awe faded when he took a closer look and noticed there was something of a problem going on. Nakta looked back at Calla a slight look of concern on his face. "What's going on?" Nakta asked with a genuine worry.

Delynnaria turned at the sounds of Reaper girl running and thought of going after her. She felt in balance completely now and inside felt something rising out of the harmony. She suddenly wanted to try something but kept it to herself for now. It was then she heard another voice and turned to see two students. She walked out and stopped near the door of the sparring area. She was considered an upper class man by class standards and a EAT level class meister. "Everything is... fine." She answered half heartedly. She tilted her head to the side as she saw the Black Blooded kid walking into a closet. She couldn't keep from shaking her head.

With power came great disadvantages. The Black Blood twins had to deal with their natural madness as well as Reaper. Delynnaria had to live with a Madness wave naturally emerging from her due to her Witch soul. But with that comes her souls instability and threat to those who struggle with madness. She also had to worry about her emerging magic and how it may suddenly show like it has recently. She snapped out of her thought and refocused on the two in front of her. "Did you need something?" She asked while still holding Tara.

Calla looked over at Nakta. Then something weird happened.. she sensed two souls... one with a tint of and one full of madness. He began to speak but was interrupted by the sound of shouting. The blonde followed the weapon's gaze. Her blue irises landed on the small group that she hadn't noticed. Calla furrowed an eyebrow, why had one of them shouted? She saw a boy exit from the supply closet. "What's going on?" Calla didn't know.. she didn't know who those people were. She wasn't going to stand around and guess, though. Calla started walking torward the group, her curiousity getting the best of her. "Come on, we can find out," the blonde said, her pace faster than usual. She stood in front of the group, her posture perfect. She eyeed the boy who was in the supply closet as she spoke, "Calla Heriot. This is Nakta Tominori. Your soul.." She pointed to the boy who hid in the suply closet, "It's full of madness..." Calla looked at the others, "I also sensed another soul with madness." Her confusion didn't show on her face, her eyes were still the blank, light blue color they always were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel shifted from one foot to the other, terrified by being put on the spot. He started to sweat nervously, and began tugging at his pink hair. He just had a madness attack, "I can't deal with this now..." He murmured. Rapture, groggy as he was manifested from his brother's back. "It's nothin' y'all, really! We're nobody special, just a Meister and weapon, like all of you!" Gabriel started to back up, his worry clearly displayed in his eyes. He didn't want them to think he was bad...He wasn't evil, plenty of good guys had madness. Even Soul and Maka had it for a while..."I'm sorry...I don't want to burden you all. I can stay in the closet...if you'd like." He murmured, twirling his naturally pink hair around a finger.

View attachment 46461
Tara tried desperately to balance her Meister's wavelength, trying to calm her with her thoughts. She was so focused on Delynnaria that she didn't notice Leone's Meister sit beside them against the wall, she didn't even sense the electric shock until it hit them both, giving her no time to brace herself. She lay back in Delynnaria's hand, stunned, unable to move as the half-witch's soul reached its equilibrium. She was vaguely aware of what was going on between the snack table boy and the other Meister, picking up...something...along with their souls. Tara couldn't put her finger on where she had felt that feeling before, all she knew is that it made her feel uneasy. She watched the snack boy leave, then shortly return, locking himself in the closet. For some reason, she wanted to go to him and figure out what was wrong, try to help in some way. She was all to familiar with hiding in that closet herself, but she hadn't regained her motor skills yet. Due to their resonance she could feel Delynnaria's soul returning to balance, calming down. She was grateful to the strange girl Meister, but was pouting inwardly. Did she really have to go and shock me too? she grumbled to herself. By the time she was able to move, the drama had subsided and all was normal. At the sound of Delynnaria's voice, Tara found that she could move once again. She realized that another pair had entered the training room and, transforming quickly, faced them with her Meister.

Calla furrowed an eyebrow at the timid boy.. he irritated her a little bit. How was he supposed to be a meister if he cowered at her words, when she spoke? Something grew out of his back and Calla stepped back in shock. What the hell?!?! It started to speak and Calla pursed her lips. "Like Crona-sama, the pink hair too," she observed. Her blue irises examining the frail boy up and down. He didn't look strong.. then again neither did Calla. "Do not leave, I have many questions. if you leave my questions will go unanswered," Calla sent bluntly. She turned her attention torward a girl with green hair who changed into her human form from her weapon form. Was she the one that she had detected madness from? Or was it her meister? Calla tisked, what if it was that Shinigami? "First of all, do you know what happened to Crona-sama?" Calla asked, she pointed to him as if it would help her make her point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leone allowed himself to return to his spot against the wall once everything returned to some level of normalcy. Of couse, some girl who sounded like she had a shuriken stuck in her left butt cheek came waltzing in, demanding to know what the hell just happened. His cold blue gaze locked on her. He decided that he didn't like her one bit. Interrogating someone who was just coming back to grips with sanity wasn't a good move.

Gabriel was looking down at his feet, "My dad disappeared...Everyone says he abandoned me, but it isn't true. I was there...We were watching cartoons, Ragnorok had been put to sleep for a while, so it was pretty nice. My dad got up to pee, so I paused it. After he got back there was a knock at the door, and he went to answer it. Then, he told me to go to my room..." Then Gabriel looked up, "Oh, you weren't talking to me..." He sat down criss-cross-Apple sauce, "Well...I still know..." Rapture spoke up, "We're his kids. I'm made of black blood, and Gabriel's made mostly of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Technically, I'm more Ragnorok's spawn than Crona's son, but I see Crona as my father. And sorry about the shock, it's been a bit of a rough day for my brother and I."

Calla stared blankly as the boy in front of her explained what had happened to his dad. Then he stopped in the middle of his story. Had.. had he called Crona-sama his father? She hadn't known he had kids. The boy's black blood continued from him. He apologized and Calla looked to the wall on the right, thinking. This was a bit weird. Calla looked at the boy who had walked back to the group. His cold eyes were focused on her, "Did you want to say something?" Her voice was blank but it was clear she was daring him to. She'd beat the crap out of him.. weapon or not. Calla turned her attention back on the ttwo students. She felt a bit guilty, they'd lost their father after all. "Don't worry. I will find Crona-sama.. I will find all of the missing meisters and weapons! That's a promise," Calla blinked, her voice hadn't showed a hint of genuine emotion but she was determined to find the others!

Delynnaria looked at the girl and seemed groaned. For the first time in her life she actually growled like a Snow Leopard and her face insantly began to turn red. She stood still rigid like Ice as she felt different. She shook her head and began to suddenly laugh. She was both mad and suprised at all that just occured. It was then that Tara transformed back into her human form. Delynnaria looked over and smiled. Her Fang like teeth slightly larger than before as if the resonance between her Witch and Meister souls began to change her physical appearence as well.

It was then that the Girl seemed to be demanding somthing from them. She instinctly growled again and she seemed to squeak from embarassment. She lowered her head "I told you that you shouldn't be here. It is being taken care of." She finally said. She tilted her head again before taking Tara's hand and going over to Leon "Hey.. Where did Reaper Girl go?" She asked him. She leaned agains the wall with him and was about to begin to talk before she suddenly let out a light 'Meow'. She gasped and covered her mouth.

Last edited:
Don't be that jerk. Don't be that jerk. Play nice for now, save strangling the annoying girl for later. Deep breaths. Control. Leone was getting pretty damn good at holding his tongue. Fortunately he was saved from having to play nice with the meister he didn't like when Delynnaria and Tara came over to talk. Apparently he wasn't a black cat after all. He had some luck going for him today. "She's up in the bleachers over there. I figured she would want some space after all this." He stated, nodding over in her general direction. His gaze flashed back to Delynnaria when she... Meowed? "Are you feeling alright?" He asked her with a bit of concern tainting his voice.

Markus couldn't help but crack a smile at Roxanne. This girl must have a talent for bringing out the best in people, for it was an accomplishment for anyone who could get Markus to smirk let alone smile. Markus shrugged his shoulders in response to her comment about leaving. He didn't like being in a crowd anyway. "Sure, we could always test out our capability in the training yard. Later if you're feeling up to it we could always challenge someone?" Markus replied remembering how awful his last fight had been. It was difficult for him to be paired with a weapon. In battle his soul would try to engulf and dominate the other instead of resonating in harmony. To a weapon it would feel like they were being pulled apart by gravity. Two things would have to happen in order for Markus to be paired with someone; his partner would have to be strong enough to resist the pull of his soul, or Markus would have to control himself. The latter of the two options would be the lease likely to succeed. Markus turned broadside and extended his arm towards the door, "Ladies first, I'll just follow you."

Delynnaria looked at him and her face began to flush once again. "Yeah... I'm... 'Meow....'" She suddenly meowed again and she gasped. "Oh... I don't know whats going on..." She said and opened her mouth to take a deep breath. Her cat like fangs were much more noticeable now that her body began to slowly change. She smiled slowly "Yeah.. I'm fine! I'm just... you know.... Meowing...? Its fun isn't it.." She tried playing it off before she meowed again. She lowered her head as she couldn't play it off anymore. "Yeah... I meowed... something wrong with it!" She said trying to get him to leave her alone but only made herself look cute and innocent and her eyes seemed to reflect it. It was hard right now to act intimidating. It was like a kitten trying to scare a dog and she even felt like it.

She simply leaned on the wall next to him and sighed "I'm not intimidating am I.. I meow... Oh boy... But I love cats! Ohhh! I love kittens... Maybe this isn't to bad.." She said and began to wrap her around around her chest and rub her head against the padded wall. It was almost like she was taking a cat like personality trait. She realized what she was doing and gasped again. "Leone... I..." was all she could say before she meowed lightly again. She cleared her throat and groaned "Awh... Well! If I think about it! It wont happen!" She said suddenly.

Leone watched her struggle with a thin frown. "Try taking a deep breath and focus on something." He advised her with a small shrug. It was how he got a grip whenever he felt himself wanting to destroy something. Perhaps it would help her with her cat impulses.

Reaper Girl instantly shot a death glare at the new girl in the group when she rudely addressed her weapon. Reaper Girl wouldn't tolerate any disresepct to her or anyone in her team, especially her partner. So, she leaned her head back. "Nice try girlie, but me and my team will find the weapons and that boys dad before you get the chance. But your welcome to take whatever scraps we leave behind." Reaper said in a loud voice to the new annoying girl. Her hard gaze watching the girl from the corner of her eyes. "And that second madness. It was mine. Unlike most, I hold my madness at high respect." Her voice was cold as she stood up.

Reaper Girl sneered at the other girl, leaping down from the bleachers and landing on the ground with a loud 'THUD' then placed her hands on her hips and turned her body to the girl. She held her chins up high, sneering as if the girl gave off a rotten smell, and gave her a blood chilling glare.
"Jeez, and don't address my partner like you want to fight him. A little princess like you shouldn't get your clothes dirty, right?" Her voice was low and intimidating. She refused to put up with the girl. She also didn't bother giving the girl a chance to answer her before Reaper Girl turned on her heel so her back faced her and walked across the gym just to make a point that she was done dealing with the girl.

Delynnaria Looked at Leo and nodded slowly. She felt like scratching at the wall but she didn't have long nails. She repressed the urge and took a long deep breath. She looked back at him as she reopened her eyes "Hmm... I think it works... Deep breaths... I-" was all she could say before Reaper Girl's loudness broke her concentration. She stopped concentrating and let out a louder meow. She covered her mouth and began to laugh "Oh! That's kinda funny. Its awkward but... I kind of want to sleep." She said and shook her head. She felt so many different things and she could smell so many different things now. It was like she and smell everything! She took a big whiff of the air and turned towards Leo "What did you have for dinner last night.. I think I smell it! Also... I smell... Hmm... maybe that's your natural odor but it smells good!" She said then suddenly blinked at how random and embarrassing it may be.

It was then that she felt like going to find Reaper Girl and she wasn't sure why. She looked back at Leo and smiled "Whatever it is.. I like that smell." She said no matter how awkward it may sound. She walked away from Leo and saw Reaper Girl walking into the Gymnasium. She sprinted in and walked up to her "Reaper! I heard what you said and well..." She was suddenly cut off and sniffed the air again. She realized she was acting awkward and giggled "Sorry... Uhh.. you know about what I am right.. And how.. well my kind normally has animistic traits.. I think what you did kicked mine into motion... its minor I... think....'Meow'" She said and finished with a light meow that made her cover her mouth.

(Updating her Appearance. Found something more fitting for her.)

Last edited:
Reaper Girls eye twitched slightly when Delynnaria spoke to her. She was still very irritated and pissed, so she took some short breaths and she resisted the urge to let her anger out on anyone which sadly would have been Delynnaria. So she spun around, gripping her hand in almost a death grip where any harder would have broken the girls hand. "You! I want you on my team. Got it?! And that black blood kid. I want him too. I will not be shown up by a snooty girl..! I want to find those missing weapons!" Her voice was demanding, but her gaze showed otherwise. She was worried. Worried she wouldn't be a good enough meister, a good enough Shinigami. She wanted to be the best she could be, so she needed those she could teach herself to trust.

She paused, realizing her harshness and slowly released Delynnarias hand and took a few steps back. She wanted go apologize, but hee pride prevented her to. So she simply stared at Delynnaria silently and waited for an answer. She began pressing her palms to her skirts and began wiping her palms on her skirt. They weren't sweaty, she was just worried.

Delynnaria watched her movements and suddenly felt odd before the thing she thought was coming happened. She suddenly felt her hand get taken in a death grip. It was then that Reaper Girl began to yell at her and her body seemed to react. Her eyes flashed and a extreme cold began to pour from her hand. She tried to back up but that was when she began to speak. "You! I want you on my team. Got it?! And that black blood kid. I want him too. I will not be shown up by a snooty girl..! I want to find those missing weapons!" she heard Reaper Girl say to her. Delynnaria felt a meow rising from within her throat and suppressed with before blinking twice unsure of what to do.

It was then that Reaper girl let go of her hand and Delynnaria could see that she was feeling awkward and upset by what she just did. Delynnaria waited a minute as if teasing the girl. It was after a few moments of waiting her wait that she lets a big smile spread across her face. "Oh course! Tara and I will be on your team! You have yourself a deal!" she said and suddenly ran up and death grip hugged her. Delynnaria let her head rest of Reaper Girls shoulders and Reaper Girl could hear Delynnaria almost purring lightly like a cat. "Awh..... Your warm... You act oh so cold!" She said and didn't care if it looked awkward.

Reaper Girl instantly stiffened when Delynnaria hugged her, staying frozen in place. "Uhh.. Um..? Thanks.. But Uh... I'm not a hugger.." She choked out. The hug was awkwardly tight, and she wasn't sure what she should do. She had only ever hugged her family, and Delynnaria was slightly cold to Reaper. After an awkward moment of only Delynnaria being the one hugging, she lightly patted Delynnaria's back in an awkward way before prying herself out of Delynnaria's hug. "Uh.. Can you ask Gabriel and Rapture..? I should.. Make sure I don't harm anyone. I'm still pissy.." She spoke in a low voice.

She studied Delynnaia. She would be a good friend, if Reaper was capable of friendships. She secluded herself from other people for so long she wasn't entirely sure if she could maintain any sort of relationship other than a partnership with a weapon and even she questioned that. Sure, she sometimes felt upset about that part, but her, maybe being around Delynnaria more could help Reaper become normal in that sense? Maybe she can be like every other teenage girl her age by being around this Meister and her weapon. She certainly hoped so.