Soul Eater: New Year

63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
Tara suppressed a giggle as Delynnaria mewed. She was still wondering how her Meister was surprised that she knew nothing about boys. Thanks to certain events and certain people none of the guys ever gave her a second look.

She peered at the Meisters, feeling kinda out of place being the only weapon. She hadnt caught sight of Leone but had a feeling he was nearby. Just as Tara was reaching down to mess with her bracelet Gabriel came up talking to Rapture and she couldn't help but smile. She thought that these brothers were quite funny.
"Hello!" She greeted Rapture eagerly as Gabriel turned to Delynnaria.

Rapture waved a blood hand back at Tara. "Hello, fellow weapon! How're you and Dely resonating? Any hitches? Does she like the same foods?" Rapture peppered her with quick questions while Gabriel zoned off and thought of potential plans, avoiding sharing them out of fear of rejection.

Delynnaria looked over at Tara as she sense the girl was in deep thought. She tilted her head to the side then snapped it back up when she thought of something herself 'This will be the first fight I will be in with a weapon partner... Oh.. How nice!' She screamed inside of her head. She snapped out of her day dreaming self then looked out at the gathering group once more. 'So many meisters and so few weapons.. We are all so lucky.' she said to herself in her head once more.

It was then that she felt something poke her on the back and she nearly exploded in fright. Her hair seemed to friz lightly before settleing. A light growl could be heard from her that seemed like it was from a Snow Leopard and was far from the sound of the mewing that developed. It sounded much more threatening. It stopped once she figured out who it was and she cursed "Don't scare me! Bad things happen..." She said quietly at the last part.

Leone stood a couple feet away from the rest of the team, looking over the gathering of people and thinking up a strategy for beating them. They would all need to focus on covering eachother, considering that someone would definately want to attack them. The attacks would need to be strong, and someone's back should never be exposed to the enemy. He approached his team with a carefully neutral expression on his face. "I have a plan if anyone wants to hear it." He offered.

Reaper stood silently as the others approached, watching them. She was assessing her team. She already saw some of DelynnarIas moves in the training gym, but she has yet to see Gabriel and Rapture. She was assuming in a fight he was different, she assumed he would be more assertive like his brief moment back at the gym. She felt as if she had to learn about them. Figure our there strengths and weaknesses so she could have the group work together in harmony rather than go out and look like fools. But as for a plan, she didn't have one. She needed to see them in a fight before she could think one up. So when Leone walked towards them saying he had an idea, she was relieved. She turns to her weapon, giving him her attentio. "Alright, Leone. Lets hear it."

"People are going to come after us due to our reputations, right? So when one of us goes to attack, we need to cover them. Make sure that no one gets to use our offense to land a hit." Leone explained simply. Admittably, it wasn't the best of plans, but considering how short notice this was, it was the best he could think up.

Tara giggled as she chatted with Rapture, idly wondering about the black blood thing. She tensed slightly at Delynnaria's growl, quickly glancing to see what was wrong, then relaxing when she saw no trouble.

When she saw Leone she smiled.
I knew he was here somewhere. She moved a little closer to her Meister as Leone shared his plan. She frowned slight as she thought over his proposal. Sure the others had a reputation but no one would really know about her, at least not without a lot of thought. She nodded suddenly. "We all have to protect each other," She agreed, not realizing that she said it out loud.

Rapture spoke up. "My brother is hella strong! You guys won't need to protect us! " He exclaimed, punching a fist into the air. Gabriel shook his head, "It's not nice to brag." He said, "I like that plan. It's nice and it's safe. Not to mention simple. Simple and safe. Rapture and I work best at either close or super long range, I hope that's okay..." He looked up at the others, glancing up at their faces before looking back down.

Leone was glad that the others supported his idea, but he looked to Delynnaria and his own meister with a frown. Would they like his idea? Or not? His gaze went back to Gabriel and Rapture and a small smile flashed across his face. "That works out perfectly." He assured him with a smile.

Nakta, glanced over the crowed of students. The small army of teens was growing by the second, slowly covering more ground by the main gate. It would be anytime now the Battle Royal would start. Nakta was both excited and nervous at the same time. On one hand, Nakta was going to be able to show off his skills while his partner does the same, on the other hand, Nakta is going to be going up against some of the best meisters in the school. Nakta felt like it was a lot to handle, but a quick glance at his confident partner reassured him otherwise.

Nakta squirted some hand-sanitizer into his palm again, the smell washing over him like a wave. It was relaxing. Nakta's hands became moist as he rubbed them together, letting the sanitizer cover every inch of his hands. I wonder where our test proctor is...I hope he doesn't take to long. Nakta's thought wandering as he stood there, in the crowed, waiting. Out of the corner of his eye, Nakta could see other partner's in the crowed. Some of their partners changing into weapon form. They also look confident... He thought as he looked at the face of other students.

Reaper tilted her head as she thought it over. To have her teammates protect her while she fights means she can't use madness without using extreme control. Which was good. It meant she could work on overpowering her madness and manipulating it to her benefits instead of the other way around. And it would help her with her trust issues, as well as teacher her to protect others. She looked at her weapon and gave a nod of approval, flashing a small smile, which felt awkward on her face since she hadn't really smiles in what felt like years, then went back to her normal frowning look. "I'm up for it . I like the plan, thank you for suggesting it, Leone."

Delynnaria nodded slowly as she listened "Well.. I like it alot. I can play support if you need me to. Uhm.... Im fast on my feet so I will guard you all from behind if I can. Also... I have something up my sleeve if we start to loose... Im not sure if it will be received well but! If it comes down to it I really can win this for us. I agree with Tara.. We have to watch out for each other. Thanks Leone.. I wasn't sure how we were going to go about this.. I think we found our groups tactician." She said with a smile. She put a hand on Tara's shoulder and began to hum lightly. The song she was humming seemed relaxing and she actually thought about singing to calm herself even more but began to get afraid of what the others would say. She sang in front of Lord Death before and she actually moved him. She moved Death with her voice and she still feels weird about singing in public.

Leone smiled once he heard everyone's opinion on his idea. "I definitely wouldn't call myself a tactician." He stated with a small laugh. His gaze went over the crowd once again, his features carefully neutral. His foot started tapping as he waited, and waited, and waited some more... When the hell was this going to start? Honestly. Why have something if it doesn't start on time?! The more time he had to think about his plan, the less faith he had in it. What if someone countered their counter? What if someone-
He bit the inside of his lip, reminding himself not to worry about the what ifs. He blew out a sigh. "Can we please get this started already." He muttered to no one in particular.

Reaper Girl raised an eyebrow at Leone as she watched him. His face never really changed but she decided to focus in on his soul wavelength to try and determin what was going on in his head. Sure, she felt bad about it. She knew he deserved his privacy, but she was curious. He showed just about as much emotion as her, which was virtually none, and she wanted to see if he was nervous. She tilts her head. He seemed to be doubting his plan a little. So Reaper walked next to her partner and glances to him. She stood silently trying to think if reassuring words. "Dont worry about your plan. It's great. Especially for new partners. It teaches us teamwork, something we each have gone a while without using. And it helps us build trust that the others will have our back and that we'll watch there's. Don't worry so much, Leone. Relax a little. Besides, this is just a sparring match to test ourselves." She paused to stop herself from rambling on and on. She wasn't even sure what she was saying was reassuring. She glances to Leone and flashed a genuine smile.

A loud, boisterous voice shouted out from one of the DWMA's spikes. "I AM THE LEGENDARY ASSASSIN, BLACK STAR! I WILL BE THE ONE TO SURPASS GOD, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT! I AM ALSO TODAY'S PLACEMENT TEST PROCTOR!" There was a pause, and in that pause, silence. Most of the crowd was craning their necks and straining their eyes attempting to spot the screaming Meister. "FIGHT!!" Came a shout from the pillars above, and the battle broke out.

At the sound of Black Star's voice, the tall wrought iron gates creaked open and all the waiting students rushed through, the anxiety of waiting morphing into adrenaline. Tara froze, unsure what to do. Without thinking her hand gripped onto Delynnaria's hand, which rested on her shoulder, and moved closer to her Meister. The crowd was moving fast and she didn't want to lose her in the chaos. Should we follow? she wondered nervously, glancing at the other Meisters on her team. She raised herself on her toes slightly, trying to see what lie within the gate and pulled Delynnaria forward a step, then glanced back at Reaper Girl, Leone, and Gabriel and Rapture. She was just a Weapon after all, she took orders from her Meister; well at least she was the furthest thing from a leader in this certain group so she wasn't about to start barking out demands, so she remained, ready to take her cue.

"I'll try to relax, but I'm not going to make any promises." Leone replied simply, his gaze searching for where Black Star was was making his speech from. "Took him long enough." He sighed, watching as the surge of students headed in. He took Reaper Girl's hand and changed into his weapon form as a way of showing that he was ready to go.

Tara watched as Leone transformed out of the corner of her eye. She nodded slightly and set herself with a determined look before also transforming, resting herself into Delynnaria's hand, the one that had previously been on her shoulder. I'm ready when you are, Dely, she thought at her Meister, wanting to seem brave.

There was a buzzing excitement in the air, which filled Tara and made her jittery as she waited patiently.

((The fighting's started...I assumed we'd be able to run the enemies as group-run NPCs. Was I wrong?))

(That's what i thought but I'm not sure)