Soul Eater: New Year

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Reaper Girl paused a second, glancing at his hand. She wasn't concerned about the fact that he wasn't a scythe, that didn't bother her at all. What concerned her was that they had to see if they connected. What if she didn't connect? What if she never did? She began frowning, her hands clenching and unclenching for a moment before she gave a slight nod. "It is true . But I spent time practicing with multiple weapons, so I should be fairly good at wielding you. If, we connect and all.." Her voice trailed off slightly as her gaze stayed on his hand.

Sucking in her breath, she reached out for his hand, electricity from her own soul sparking around her arm, but it ceased when she gripped into his hand. Her soul released a wave of power almost imedietly, though it didn't harm him. Her eyes closed hesitantly. She felt the connection talked about. She began zoning into his soul to resonate hers with his, peering into his soul. Though the moment she did that her own soul gave a jolt, her madness demanding to be released. She flinched at first, but her own soul held strong to keep the madness at bay. She allowed her own soul to be seen by him, her soul having a slight pink-ish glow with a black core hidden in the middle which held her madness.

She studied his soul, her own resonating quite quickly. A wave of power flowed off her as the two souls resonating damn near perfect for there first time. She found it tickled her a little, which was funny to her. Once she found the connection satisfsctory, her eyes shot open with a slight mischevious hint to it. She looked at his weapon form, a slow and lazy gaze spreading across her face. She wanted to test him. She wanted to see what it was like to wield a weapon that was alive, compared to the virtually dead paperweight like-ones she practiced with for so long. With ease, she began spinning the sword in her hand before turning to the snack table. She thrusted his blade out infront of her, his blade piercing through one of the little plastic cups deadcenter.

Leone saw her hesitancy, the unspoken worry that ever so slightly appeared on her features. He was afraid as well, because if this were to work, it would be more intimate than he could even imagine. She finally took his hand after the torturous eternity of a few seconds. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, then- bang. A pulse of energy hit him. He had been braced, prepared for just about anything, and he merely blinked at it's impact. His soul, a solid sky blue orb with a dark violet core which was occasionally shielded by flashes of energy that appeared to be an extremely dark navy blue color that swirled across the surface of his soul, resonating with her soul to near perfection. He smiled, his first real smile that year as a matter of fact, and opened his eyes, his face appearing in the reflection along the darkly tinted blade. "I hope that was your cup, otherwise someone's going to be pissed." He spoke to her using the new connection they just made, ensuring that no one other than who he was talking with heard him.

729068ec6c53b4c0dac8b7e0241b6599.jpg

Nakta Tominori

Nakta squirted some A-grade hand sanitizer into the palm of his right hand, the liquid was cool and chilled his hand for a second before it warm up. Nakta let out an irritated sigh as he wiped and moved his hands together, spreading the sanitizer along the back of his hand, along with all the grooves. "Never again, am I going to use a public washroom. I say to myself every time 'Hey, maybe it wont be disgusting this time' but I'm always wrong." Nakta said to himself just louder than a whisper yet quiet enough to blend with the rabble of the room. Nakta looked up at the room filled with students. There was a lot more people than he remembered being here. Nakta didn't take into consideration all the time he spent in the restroom trying to get out without touching any germs.

When Nakta first came here, there was less than 6 people in the room, now over there being over 30. Most of the students were talking with each other, others just sitting by the food table waiting for a conversation to find them. Nakta's first thought was to grab some water and stand by the open window. But he was hesitant to go near the food table because there were people there. The food table was so inconveniently placed, anybody who stood there long enough would start to sweat due to the lack of air flow, and sweat is disgusting. He made a promise to himself that he would get over his fear of germs, but so far, it wasn't working out.

After a few minutes of thinking and preparing himself to go to the food table, he decided it wasn't worth the risk of coming in contact with germs. Instead, he decided to just stand where he was with his hands at his side. He looked at the crowed of people, someone sticking out more than others. but none that really peaked his interest. Nakta just stood there like the few people at the food table, waiting for a conversation to float his way. "I wonder who I will partner with...I hope they're clean." Nakta pondered out loud, this time louder than he'd hoped for.

Reactions: XxGiaXx
Calla observed the meisters and weapons around her. None of them particularly interesting. Then she spotted a boy who seemed to be playing with a bottle of hand sanitizer. ' How odd... A strange boy, indeed.' The blonde thought to herself. "I wonder who I will partner with...I hope they're clean." Such a weird thing to say.. Was he a weapon? A clean freak for a partner? How ridiculous but Calla didn't seem to have any other choice. Maybe she could just try to approach him and see what happens from there. Otherwise, she might lose another great option she hadn't realized she had. Yeah, she would do that. No way was she going to lose another possible partner! 'Stupid Shinigami.. I will prove to you what a better warrior I am.' And with that thought, Calla started an imaginary war with a rival that wasn't even aware. Her disdain for the Shinigami was beyond repair and the sad fact was that they hadn't even conversated and Calla decided she disliked her. The meister had irrational logic but logic, nonetheless. People may disagree with her way of thinking or her point of view, but honestly Calla didn't give two s____s about what other people thought of her.

The boy didn't look that scary loking nor powerful looking. She could tell he was a bit abnormal than others, maybe a little.. antisocial? He seemed to have a big internal problem with germs. Not really something Calla was looking foward to in a partner but she knew she must not be overly picky like she always was. One of her many amazing traits. Calla approached the boy, she stared at him blankly for a few seconds before finally gathering up her thoughts and intorducing herself. "My name is Calla Ember Heriot. I am a meister and am currently on the look out for a weapon. I am giving you the opportunity to prove yourself to me if, in fact, you are a weapon. If you happen to be a meister I wish you luck. It will be hard to catch up with me once I find my perfect weapon... now choose. Shall you show yourself a disappointment before I even learn your name or do you think you are up to the test?" Arrogant or not, Calla was dead serious. This boy standing in front of her could either be her best ally or one of her many enemies thanks to a matter that was out of his control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper Girl grinned and brought the blade towards her, removing the cup that hung on to him. "Yes, yes. It was my cup." She spoke with a slightly amused tone, turning the sword as she inspected it. It was wonderful, she had to admit. In her opinion he had a flawless weapon form. He wasn't too heavy, which she liked. It made it easier to move the sword faster. Her features softened as she smiled at nothing in particular. She couldnt wait to start hunting with Leone. Once they got assigned a group, that is.

Reapers madness though continued to try and break free. It tried harder than usual now, since now there was another soul near it wanted to cosome too. Reaper Girl paused, the little back orb in the center of her soul growing larger.
"I think that's good for now, hmm? We should save the rest for the sparring match to see what teams we will be placed in." She spoke calmly, her voice no longer having any harsh hint to it. Her face didn't exactly show it, but Reaper was losing it slightly. Too much emotion was bad for the soul. She had Leone shift back to his human form.

Leone arched a brow at her sudden smiling attitude. Something felt a little odd about his meister, though with all the other odd people in this school, he didn't dwell much on it. Her voice changed, and she allowed him to return back to his normal form. His coffee was still in his hand, it had gone lukewarm during his little transformation. He took a sip of it, frowning softly as he thought about everything. "Alright. When does sparring start again?" It was clear that he wasn't entirely sure about what happened after this. The last couple times he tried to find a meister, no one matched up with him. Because of this, he usually completed missions on his own. His sharp gaze traveled over the large group of people still remaining in the room. "Looks like they're taking their time matching up this year." He commented to no one in particular.

Tara's feet tapped the floor gently as she returned to human form, gazing at her Meister worriedly. She nervously jangled one of the charms on her bracelet. When she saw the frost she gasped, scared that Delynnaria was being hurt. But when she realized it didn't cause the half-witch any damage, it occurred her that this might be an example of her powers. "Oh wow," she breathed. Tara had never seen witch powers before;she barely new anything about them just that their souls were different. "Wait, i thought witches usually have animal related powers...does that make you some sortof elemental witch or something?" She wondered aloud. She had never even heard of such a thing, and she prided herself highly on knowing everything about everyone. The thought of testing said piers however made her nervous. 'What if something bad happens?' She couldn't help but wonder. "Yeah, we should go see Lord Death." She just wanted to find somewhere safe.

Delynnaria watched her weapon's reaction and couldn't help but smile "I wish everyone would have that reaction... You know.. I don't know how much of me is a meister.. Also I do have an animistic side of me! You may see it as we get to know each other more. I am kind of cat like... Though I am not lazy like a cat... Oh I love cats! I hate dogs though... Dreadfully hate dogs.." She said and realized she was about to begin rambling again. Her mind continued to reel from what almost happened. She redirected her thoughts away from thinking about it and continued on what she was talking about "Well... I don't really know what I am Tara... From what I was told my father brought me here when I was very young. My mother is the witch Adraste.... She is a animistic witch.... she is old... very old... extremely smart as well. I was told I look like her and take after her from those that have had the horrible chance of running into her. She took after A Leopard... With my elemental powers... I think it is tied to my animistic side... I am a Snow Leopard Tara." She said with a smile and for the first time Tara could notice a set of Cat like fangs that almost blended in perfectly with her other teeth.

Delynnaria ran a hand through her hair even with the frost still on it. "You know what makes me feel better... The cold, Singing and exercising... Oh I love singing... " She said and considered to quietly sing to herself to keep herself calm but went against it. She looked at Tara after realizing she seemed focused on herself "How are you dealing with all this? I mean.... after all you heard how does this make you feel about how things truly are...? If you don't want to risk anything with me I mean... I understand... Lets walk to the sparring area while we talk. I think working together and talking will do us both more good than sitting around and waiting things out like we have for the past ten minutes." She said with smirk "I think we will do great things together Tara... I just hope you are prepared to resonate with me. Lord Death doesn't know how I will react seeing how I am more witch than Meister.".

Reaper Girl ran a hand across her outfit to smooth it down as she though over her answer. "The sparring match begins when everyone has found a partner, so as you pointed out it appears we have quite a lot of free time before everyone else starts actually looking." Her voice had gone back to it's harsh tone, speaking as if everyone in the room annoyed her. Her cold gaze moved to the people around the room. She wasn't exactly sure where she should go from here. She could find her grandfather and tell him she decided to help with the search for the disappearing teachers and weapons but that would probably be something she should discuss with Leone first.

So, Reaper Girl turned to him to ask. "How would you feel about assisting Lord Death in finding the disappearing staff and weapons? I was originally going to do it on my own, but now that I successfully found a weapon, I should ask if you feel comfortable with it. We won't have to go right away of course. We will wait till we have a team and have some training before setting out. So, what do you say?" She questioned him. Though she almost instantly regretted it. She shouldn't have jumped right into things, they need time to at least get use to the idea of being partners first. She was just too new to it all that she was a little eager to get things started. "Well, we could add some time to try things out on our own, like going on our own missions and getting to know each other." She quickly added.

Tara's head was spinning from all the sudden information Delynnaria was telling her. Typically people were never this honest especially to her. That's the whole reason she began to lie so much and steal people's secrets. Soon they stopped being honest around her, and not long after, stopped having anything to do with her. She was thrilled at how much about Delynnaria's life she was learning about so soon, but she new she could never betray her new Meister's trust especially since she had given it so unconditionally.

At the sight of the half-witch's canines she couldn't help but smile. "How cool!" She beamed, gazing closer. Her Meister's rambling made her chuckle. She could listen to her all day. At Delynnaria's request Tara rose to her feet. "I wonder if any other pair has gone to the sparing yet. I don't even remember when the matches are supposed to start." As they began to walk Tara paused, them answered Delynnaria's previous question."I think I'm coping well. I mean it is a lot to take in," she chucked. "But I wouldn't have it any other way. I want you as my Meister, Delynnaria. Not anyone else. All this," Tara gestured to her frosted hair and chilled breath, "is just a part of who you are. Sure we may have issues when we resonate, but I'm willing to do all I can to be the best weapon for you."

Delynnaria couldn't help but smile. She never expected to be so accepted by someone who knew who she truly was. Sure some people in the past may have accepted her but a majority would go and try to burn her. She shivered at that thought and pushed it from her head. She enjoyed being near Tara and felt safer with her near. Not only was she the weapon she was working with but their souls resonated perfectly with one another as if they were nearly one. She could feel the connection between them even with less than a foot between them. She had no need to keep anything from Tara as she felt oddly at ease as if she was talking to one of the Shinigama family.

It was then that she saw her reaction to her teeth. She couldn't keep from giggling loudly and then covered her mouth "No ones ever noticed... my teeth before. I didn't really smile much before now at least." She said before Tara continued. They turned into the Sparring area of the school "I don't know if anyone else has found a weapon yet.. It may be a bit but there are many test dummies in here for us to practice on. I want to see how we do with resonating while in a stressful situation. I never had a weapon partner before this but spent many a hour sitting here with a quarter staff striking the dummies and practicing for the day that it may come." She explained as she walked out into the middle of the sparing circle.

"I am happy that you are alright with all of this. Its hard I know and its a lot to deal with. Its a learning process for me as well and I know Lord Death will be proud of both of us after it is all said and done. Now.. Tara would you like to practice with me?" She said and held her hand out to her. "You can chance when you want to or look around to see what we have available to us when the time comes. I like to personally know what I have at my disposal when I fight." She continue on as she kept her hand extended towards Tara.

Markus:

Markus had finally clambered up to the final step to the academy. He was late as usual, this morning was no different then the rest. He would allow his phone to ring for at least half and hour before finally getting up and turning it off. His lack of ambition and responsibility had given him a bit of a bad reputation in school. No weapon wants a layabout as their meister. Maybe this year would be different though, perhaps he would meet someone stubborn enough to push him to reach his potential. He shivered at the thought. Markus flicked his half finished cig on the ground and entered the academy. Lord Death had ragged him endlessly about smoking during schools hours, and he learned very quickly not to push his buttons. As silent as a ghost Markus drifted into the crowded room of meisters and weapons. He didn't even bother putting a name tag on because the likelihood of finding a partner was slim to none. Being a natural recluse Markus shuffled past students to find a corner to wait this chaos out. Hopefully no one would bother him, he hated needless conversations. Simple, sweet, and to the point is how everyone should talk. Markus didn't bother beating around the bush and speaking false pleasantries to people, if he didn't like you he would let you know. Markus shuffled past students allowing himself to nod at people he knew from last year. He had known some of these students since his first year but he couldn't say if they were friends or not. Matter of fact Markus didn't understand what a friend was exactly? What do friends do, how do you know if you even made a friend.... Is there some form of formal greeting or a letter of notification? He thought to himself as he walked around the room. He had his head down watching his feet as was his custom when surrounded by a crowd of people. Keeping his eyes low caused him to bump into a girl in a blue dress. Markus nearly stumbled backwards but managed to catch himself. When Markus bumped into the girl in blue he felt a slight spark, something he had never felt before. It was so slight that he brushed it off as his imagination. "I'm sorry, are you alright? I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking." Markus stated in a stoic tone. Despite his nature Markus looked up from his feet and at the girl. Something must have came over him because despite any rational reason he wanted to talk to her. Markus noticed the girls name tag and realized she was a weapon in search of a Meister. Maybe... he thought as he carefully picked his words. He wanted to be polite and not sound desperate when he asked her if she found a partner yet. He took a deep breath and exhaled, "I'm a meister looking for a weapon and you're a weapon looking for a meister, logic would dictate that we should be partners. Do you agree?" Dumbass, you sound like a robot.... he cursed to himself.

Having done his socially awkward, introverted best, Gabriel returned to his seat. When he sat down, he reached for his cup. Unfortunately, when he did, he was disappointed to find it annhilated. "Oh..." He murmured, "I'm sorry Mr. Cuppy...You were a good cup." Rapture took that moment to ask his brother something. And he asked it loudly. "Hey! Those two were hoooot! I mean whooh!" Rapture fanned himself jokingly, "I mean, you're the one with the genitals, but if I did..." Gabriel reached up and grabbed his brother's jaw. "Another word, brother. I dare you," Gabriel loved his brother, but sometimes he was just too loud. Regardless, the two were incredible partners, and their synchronization was nearly flawless. Soul Eater himself had once said the following, "You two get along well. With time, you could easily synch better than Maka and I. That's cool."

"Not the most pleasant way to introduce yourself...But, it was short and concise. I like that." Nakta stated before he even lifted his eyes from his hands. He finally let his gaze rise from his hands to the girl in front of him, her blond hair was the first thing to catch his eye. She was shorter than him, but not by to much, just enough that the top of her head was just at his eye level. Something inside Nakta made him like this girl, it might of been her looks, or the fact that she didn't try to shake his hand and spread her germs. "Nakta Tominori. Weapon. Also, looking for a meister... Nakta gave a half assed smile after speaking.

Nakta took another look around, a quick glance around proved that others were finding their prtners. It scared him slightly, this is the same thing that happened last year. People paired up and hurried out, everyone who offered partnership to Nakta was scared off by his arrogance. Nakta stretched out and straightened his posture to match that of the girl's in front of him. "I hope you can handle a heavy scythe... " Nakta said, chuckling out his first few words, as if he was implying something about her strength.

Leone frowned softly with her explanation of when sparring would begin. He hated waiting for people. He blew out a sigh, a frown appearing on his face upon hear suggestion. "I'd rather give us some time to work with eachother before we go jumping in over our heads. We need to find the missing teachers and weapons, definitely, but their whole disappearance is wreaking of trouble." He spoke reasonably, his blue eyes darkening ever so slightly. He tossed his coffee cup in a nearby trash can, and his gaze rested expectantly on Reaper Girl. "I'm all for looking for the teachers. But we need to learn how to best work with eachother before we get in over our heads with this mystery." He stated evenly. "Wanna go check out the sparring ring?" He asked, changing the subject.

Roxanne Jean-Aubry
Roxanne walked out of the corner after gathering her thoughts. She walked into the crowd without a destination, hoping that somehow she would find a partner. In the crowd, many people bumped into her, but there was one person who bumped into her that was different. Instead of ignoring her and moving on, her actually spoke.

"I'm sorry, are you alright? I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking." The man said to her. "I'm a meister looking for a weapon and you're a weapon looking for a meister, logic would dictate that we should be partners. Do you agree?" The man must've saw her name tag on her dress that she placed there before in order to come to that conclusion. It was true that she didn't have a partner. He spoke in a boring tone, but maybe this would be the only opportunity she had to get one. Not only that, but she feels that partnering up would be good. "I do agree." Roxanne spoke before realizing that there was something that was missing... introductions.

"My name is Roxanne Jean-Aubry. As you know, I am a weapon, and to be more specific a spear. I joined the DWMA in an attempt to make everyone happier by at least a little bit," Roxanne stated. "I think that's all the basic information. What about you?"

Reaper Girl looked at him. She was slightly dissapointed she wouldnt get to aid Lord Death in his search but Leone did have a good point. So she dismissed her dissapointment. Having a partner meant they had to agree and do what was best. She wasn't on her own anymore and she couldn't just control the partnership. She nodded when he suggested they find the ring. "Sure. I think it's just down the hall." She turned and began walking out of the room, her head held high mostly because she was happy that she found what she was looking for. But again her face didn't show it.

Calla eyed the Shinigami and the weapon boy. They seemed to connect easily and Calla rolled her eyes, she was going to connect better with her weapon. They'd see.. she'd win in the end. Her attention turned back torward the male in front of her. "Not the most pleasant way to introduce yourself...But, it was short and concise. I like that." Calla shrugged. He seemed like a likeable wnough person.. he didn't seem to mind her arrogance so that was good. Yeah.. uf he wasn't a weapon then maybe she could actually acknowledge him rather than destroy him without mercy. "Nakta Tominori. Weapon. Also, looking for a meister.." "Nakta" smiled but Calla only gave him a nod of agreement in return. The blonde was a bit pleased thar Nakta introduced himself as a weapon.. that meant the boy could move onto the next step of becoming her weapon, her partner. Her goal: To make her weapon the best weapon Lord Death would ever encounter.. so advanced that not even the 'legendary' Soul woul d be able to compare. She was going to outshine the rest! "You're a scythe, you say? I think I'll be able to handle it.. I am the greatest meister here, after all," Calla was completely serious.. her face was blank, showing no emotion. Though it probably wouldn't have looked any different if she were joking. Calla outstretched a hand, an invitation for Nakta to change into his weapon form. Being the disciplined person that she was, Calla had been playung with the technoque of matching her own wavelength to her partner's. A bit like Dr. Stein, another so called legend, had learned to master.
She hadn't mastered the technique yet but she was looking forward to trying it on her opponents. It was all about will, she had learned. A jolt of her resonence shot down to her outsteched fingertips... she felt it through the silk gloves she was wearing. It was energizing. It felt like her nerves were drinking soda for the first time, tgey absolutely couldn't wait to feel the contact of Nakta's hand and then the sooth metal of his handle.

Markus:

Markus was surprised at the girls acceptance to be partners, perhaps she is desperate? Markus quickly decided that he liked this girl, their partnership may just be profitable for him in the end after all. Markus knew how to fight, it was no secret among some of the older students that he had a flare for conflict. There was one such incident the previous year when Markus got carried away in a sparring match, the result was a injured student and his own near expulsion. Although Lord Death was very cross with him Markus felt no remorse for his actions, and he stated the fact openly. After all if the student was afraid of being harmed, then he should have known better then to challenge Markus. This was no place to daydream of better days though, he had to introduce himself to Raxanne. He studied the girls face for a moment, she appeared to be sincere. "My name is Marcus, it is a pleasure to meet you Roxanne," he said trying to be as friendly as possible. "A spear? That is uncommon don't you think? However I think I prefer the diversity. A spear is a good weapon if you know how to use one, luckily I do." Markus surprised himself, this had been the longest conversation he has had with someone other than himself for weeks. Markus hadn't thought about why he was here, Roxanne had a noble enough reason. "I don't have a reason for being here. I suppose I'm here because there is no other place where I belong." Markus used his thumb to pop his knuckles one at a time, a habit he had always had.

Leone followed behind his new meister, his gaze fixed somewhere far ahead for a few thoughtful moments. Man, he did not expect to find a partner so easily. Let alone a partnership with a Shinigami. He frowned upon feeling a contemptuous gaze on them. He found the owner of that gaze, giving her a cold look from the corner of his eye as he left the room. He hated people who thought they were all high and mighty. Just because he played the sax didn't mean he couldn't drum a wicked death march on those who decided to make him their enemy.