Soul Eater: New Year

She turned and walked down the hallway. She, too, felt as if someone was watching her but she didn't bother acknowledging it. If someone was going to disrespect her, she wouldn't bother giving them the time of day. If they didn't like her, so be it. That just meant she had one less person to pay attention to. It didnt take the two very long to approach the sparring arena. She turned and entered the large gymnasium like room and gazed around.

63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
As soon as she heard it, Tara decided that she really liked Delynnaria's giggle. She made a mental note to try to bring it out as much as possible. She gazed around the sparing circle. She had only been in here a couple times before to practice some of her hand to hand combat skills but since she had been a weapon without a Meister, that was as far as she could go. She walked up to a dummy and punched it squarely in the chest, right where if it had been alive it would been ridden of breath. As a response a puff of dust rose from the dummy's material into Tara's noise causing her to fall into a fit of sneezes. When she recovered she pouted at the dummy and suck her tongue out. Annoyed she returned to her Meister. "Yeah, I'd like to practice on these stupid things."

63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
Before shifting however, Tara glanced over her shoulder. Her ear was ringing, like it always did when someone was talking about her. She couldn't help but think of the boy with the blob and selfishly wondered what the secret was there.

Gabriel and Rapture watched quietly as new pairs were made. "You know, Lord Death wants us to make friends...We should talk to them. Maybe we could even form a team. Think about it, us, that witch girl, and Reaper! We could be team Rapture! Or team Gabriel, I guess..." Rapture said excitedly. Gabriel shook his head, "We make people want to puke Rapture. People are afraid of the Black Blood, and anyone with it. Besides, I don't exactly know how to deal with people...Especially pretty ones like Delynnaria and the weapon Reaper ran off with." Rapture sighed. "But I'm lonely here, brother! I can't sit quietly like you! Just because I'm stuck in your lazy ass doesn't mean I should have to be lonely!" Gabriel looked at the floor. He felt bad for his brother, "Okay," he said. "Let's go make some friends." With that, Rapture sunk back into his brother, who rose back to his feet to follow the others to the training room. As he followed them, he ducked behind a doorway and took a deep breath. "Whoooh...Okay Gabriel. It's just talking...you can talk to people. Talking is way easier than fighting Kishins-to-be...Okay..." Just as he was about to step out, his nerves got the better of him. Luckily, Rapture gave him a push off the wall, out into the open. Standing out in the doorway, "Uhm...Hi guys. Can my brother and I train with you? We could use the practice..." He said, shyly looking down at his feet, his face flushed.

Reaper Girk looked at the pair that were... Conjoined. Surprisingly she hasn't really noticed them till now. She stood off to the side quietly, her cold gaze studying the two. The Black Blood Brothers or something like that. They were much like Crona, being attatched internally by black blood. She felt slight curiosity which only made her frown a little more. Quietly, she kept watching the two of them. It appeared the more human of the two was quite timid and antisocial, while the one she assumed turned into a weapon was much more lively and social. It was interesting that two very different personalities existed in one body, so to say.

Gabriel stood there silently, shifting from one foot to the other nervously. Rapture re-emerged from his brother's back to whisper in his ear, "We should've brought cake. I owe you one." Gabriel swallowed, unable to speak under Reaper's gaze. "I'll uhh...j-just head back to th-the snack table and uhm...read..." He muttered shyly, twisting one foot as he began to sweat bullets of nervous perspiration. Rapture glanced about between the various people before them.

Last edited:
Reaper Girls gaze didn't change, of course. It stayed it natural harsh look. She figured she made the boy, or boys, uncomfortable. She wasn't going to apologize. Why should she apologize for how she is? So, instead, she walked to Gabriel and Rapture, standing so she sort of blocked his exit and held her hand out for a hand shake. She might as well show she didn't exactly mean to make them uncomfortable. Plus, she was in a fairly good mood today which made her slightly kinder. Slightly. "I'm Reaper Girl. And you are?" The way she said her question wasnt all that polite like usual, but it was less harsh than normal. She didn't wish to be the reason he didn't get in practice time, and if there was one thing she respected in a person it was that they could practice on their own to improve their own skill. Which was usually why she wasn't fond of lazy people.

Gabriel wiped his hand off on his pants as Rapture grabbed Reaper's hand and shook it enthusiasticaly. "Hi, I'm Rapture! The shy one is my brother, Gabriel! He might be a recluse, but don't you underestimate him, he's strong!" Rapture nodded emphatically, "We're the Black Blood and Soul Brothers! The DWMA's only team with total control over this goopy stuff I'm made of!" Rapture finally let go of her hand, leaving small droplets of himself stuck to her.

Delynnaria looked at Tara as she went up and turned a part of her body into her weapon form. She couldn't help herself but smile as the dust exploded everywhere. "Yeah.. The dummies aren't dusty but they aren't clean either. I should have warned you." Delynnaria said in response. Tara walked back over to her "Well then... I say we get started then. We have some practice to do. Getting in tune with one another was easy but learning each other's strength's is another thing entirely." She said and once Tara was done looking around had her transform into her weapon form.

Delynnaria clamped her hand down on the staff's main core and swung it around. Her body seemed to calm even as she felt another presence enter the room. By the feeling it gave off she knew that Reaper Girl had entered the room but she didn't feel anxious at all. It wasn't the first time anyone saw her practice. 'I hope you aren't motion sick... I move fast.' She said inside of her head so Tara could hear her.

The room was dead silent for only a few moments. She spun Tara around twice then held her hand out for her to move around on her own. 'Weapons can move on their own in a protective buzz around their Meister... With the way you are that is devastating. A dual bladed staff moving at high speeds is like a helicopter blade.' She said inside her head once more. She stopped the spinning then suddenly race ahead and stepped into a strike. Tara's blades suddenly gleamed as they sliced clean through one of the training dummies. 'I keep my body strong... Some Meister's focus on practicing their skills as a meister. Like Black Star I believe the body must be strong before it becomes one with the soul.' She continued on. The reinforced dummy gave way and collapsed to the ground sending dust up in the air. The room was almost obscured except for the Emerald Green glow of Delynnaria's eyes. She turned and faced another of the dummies. She spun to her right as if dodging something and in a lightning fast move ducked under one of its arms and drove one of the ends of Tara into its would be stomach.

Delynnaria laughed and spun once more to rip it free. 'I enjoy dancing and singing... You may hear music playing inside my head and I will move to it depending on the beat. You may also hear me sing often. It helps me calm myself down if I work myself up.' Delynnaria stated randomly. She Crouched low for a split second then launched herself into the air. She flipped herself and felt her feet touch the ceiling with her extremely high vertical jump. She kicked off the ceiling and came down with a hard downward swing causing another dummy to fall to pieces. With two dummies completely ruined she finally brought herself back. "Time... Under 57 Seconds.. Not as fast as a quarter staff... yet. But! Far more destructive! Tara you are I will do great things.. I hope you wont get sick though. I move around a lot. I pride myself in strength and speed over all else." She stated out loud now that they were done.

It was only then that she noticed that the two with the black blood had also joined them in the sparring area. She tilted her head to the side and smiled "Hello!" She called out still clutching Tara in her weapon form. "You can change back whenever then Tara!" She said as she continued towards the small group. For some reason she felt like being suddenly social. It may be her soul fluctuating again from the adrenalin or just the high of exercising.

Leone stayed back a bit, leaning against the wall and watching as people began to head in. He saw the Black Blood and Soul Brothers walk in, and raised a brow curiously as Reaper Girl found her way over to them and opened up dialogue. He wasn't all that social, if one couldn't tell. He was probably worse off than his new meister. He merely folded his arms across his chest and watched as Delynarria outright slaughtered two of the dummies. He sneezed due the dust that floated through the air.

Jenia
Jenia wasn't surprised that no one offered to be her partner, nor was she surprised that everyone seemed to be taken. It was alright with her, she was more of a "glass half full" person anyway, so the waiting for her was nothing. After watching a few people hook up with their new miester/weapon Jenia decided to go and visit the library, it was the one place she felt like herself. Skipping a bit in down the hall way she hummed a little tune from a song she heard earlier before leaving her house. Not only was she addicted to a good book but she was a music buff, it was practically her life second to books.

Upon reaching the library Jenia picked a book at random, being open minded, she could read just about anything and like it. This was one of the major reasons how she was introduced to Maka, she was also a bookworm and they exchanged their favorite titles after Jenia so clumsily bumped into her on a September evening. The girl wasn't as mean as she was told through gossip. Maka was actually very nice and enthusiastic when it came to books.

The young weapon placed her glasses on her face before cracking the book open and reading the prologue, now in her own little bubble.

Roxanne Jean-Aubry
Roxanne looked at the man as he introduced himself. His name was Markus and he was here because he felt like the DWMA was the only place for him. Roxanne doesn't blame him though. Nothing is better than finding a place where you belong or even better a home. "Making you feel like you belong is a reason, silly." She spoke to Markus in an attempt to make him feel better, but Markus probably doesn't feel bad at all.

"Do we really need to be at this gathering now that we are partners?" Roxanne asked. The only reason for the gathering is so that people can find their partner at the DWMA. Now that she has one, there is no real reason to be here. They should be working out the details.

Reaper Girl glanced down at the hand. She didn't look disgusted, in fact she was curious. She heard many things about Black Blood. She heard that Crona used it as a sort of weapon, and used it as a sheild at the same time since it hardened so quickly. Frankly, she envied the power it had. Sure, it drove people mad and it was difficult to control, but she wanted it all the same. She frowned as she inspected the Black Blood and Soul brothers. The scientists curiosity showed in her from her time studying under Stein. She had studied under lots of people for several years on her own time, wishing to make herself into the best Shinigami and Meister she could be. Turning, she shook the bits off her hand and made her was into the room more once Delynnaria approached them. She didn't have a thing against her but just because she spoke once didn't mean she was a social butterfly. Reaper Girl looked around at the remaining dummies in the room, then looked over at her weapon partner, who was off to the side leaning against the wall.

Leone kicked off the wall and walked to his partner's side once she was done talking to the two. "Time to get started?" He asked her, though he knew what the answer would be. His stance was relaxed, not revealing any thoughts that stirred inside his head. But he was thinking, wondering how much effort his new meister would put in. He could be destructive all on his own, as he did have a few strong fighting techniques to use against an intelligent foe. Of course, he wouldn't be able to use them on the dummies here, otherwise he would just get stuck. But he could use his speed to deliver powerful attacks onto an enemy, and use the typical reaction of an enemy to escape and deliver the fatal blow. But with a meister, he would have to adapt, and he could grow far stronger. He wouldn't be dependent on reactions.

Reaper nodded. She was already thinking of how much effort she would put in. She decided not to go all out. Why show others her skill so soon? She thought it was best to leave people surprised. She wouldnt go all out until she was sparring. Reaper adjusted her stance slightly, her feet standing shoulder width apart as she turned her head to Leone and held out her hand to take his and start the practice.

Leone took her hand, transforming in the process. The rest was up to her. He would destroy anything she wanted to, so long as neither of them were put in imminent danger.

She turned the sword in her hand, looking at the blade. Her body sparked with electricity from her soul, her gaze moving to the first dummy. With speed and grace, she rushed to the dummy and spun so her back faced the dummy. Her head spanned to the side so she could see the dummy out if her paripheral and slammed the elbow of her free hand into the dummys gut with enough force to send it skidding back a foot or two. She spun around, the sword swinging out and with one easy yet powerful slash she decapitated the dummy.

Her golden gaze hardly even waited to watch the dummys head fall before it moved to the next. Her hardened looks focused on the dummy as she launched herself at it, digging from side to side as if something was being thrown at her. Once she got close enough she leaped off the ground and towards the dummy. She spun the sword once to adjust the way she held it, her second hand holding onto the end of the handle as her feet landed on the shoulders of the dummy. Balencing in a way that even a cat would envy, she thrusted the sword in the middle of the dummys blank face, the tip of the sword appearing out the other side. Reaper Girl smirked and her legs launched her off the dummys shoulders, pulling the sword out with her, she angled her body back her and arched in a perfect backflip and landed on the floor.

She speed off towards another target, ducking as if it threw a hit at her and stepped up so she was an inch or two close to it. Her hands shot to the dummys neck, throwing it down to the ground. She angled the sword so it was over where the dummys eye would be, then sent it driving into the stuffed head, her face changing from it's satisfied smirk to an almost emotionless one.

She pulled the sword out, her foot thrusting the dummy away as it skidded across the room. She glanced to the swords blade, wondering if Leone was satisfied with the quick practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nice job. You outdid those other two without a problem." Leone wore his typical emotionless look, though a few notes of pleasure sounded from him. The music boy did have some competitive drive after all. He frowned softly at a fresh thought that came to him. "I hope you don't plan on stabbing anyone in the eye with me. That's just gross." He stated with a sudden sharpness to his voice.

She looks at Leone and smirked softly. "I won't." She looked around the sparring arena, turning her back to it and had Leone change back to his human form. She did sort of want to keep going, but she would get carried away and destroy all the dummys. She figured other wanted to practice so she had to stop. She smoothed down her hair and skirt since it got a little wild and such from being so active. Though there wasn't much point. She was going to spar soon.

Leone rolled his shoulders, hearing a satisfying pop, once he was back in his human form. He headed off towards his spot along the wall, not liking the openness of his current position. He hated having his back exposed, it drove him nuts really. He always had trust issues when it came to having people behind him. Whether he suspected that they were either thinking about sending an ice cube down his shirt, or literally stabbing him in the back, he just had a hard time allowing anything to slip behind him. He liked to see what was coming. He fixed his black jacket and leaned up against the wall again, his sharp gaze going over the room.