Soul Eater: New Year

She raised a eyebrow slightly, studying the boy named Leone. She studied the way he stood and how alert he seemed. Her eyebrow dropped down again so she could answer before an awkward silence could spread between them. "I'm Reaper Girl." She answered. Though, that's all she really said. She wasn't sure where she should go from there. Reaper wasn't exactly well versed in small talk. She spent a majority of last year only talking to her family and the people her father worked with. She took lessons from each of them individually. Maka trained her in weapons, Black Star in hand-to-hand, Stein in how to use her soul for attacks, and her father, well, he mostly taught her how to control herself.

Reaper Girl drummed her fingers across her forearm as she tried to think of what next to say to the boy. She frowned a little.
"Youre the music boy, right? You play?" Even she had to admit it was a weak attempt but at least she tried. She looked over more to the boy and away from the rest of the people. They annoyed her frankly, and they feared her so no point in paying any attention to them.

63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
Tara shivered slightly, wondering absentmindedly if they had decided to suddenly turn on the air. Brushing it off, she turned toward Delynnaria, opening her mouth to respond to her question when she heard a loud bang and turned toward the center of the room. Two idiots had decided to poke at the Shinigami girl to see if she would bite and when she finally did, turned and disappeared into the crowd. Tara sighed and shook her head. They had it coming. Returning her attention back to the Meister beside her she beamed brightly, just like she had practiced every day in the bathroom mirror for when something like this would happen (Even though they never did up until now, she remarked to herself sadly). "Hi, I'm Tara, Tara Ieyasu," she replied, finally getting a grip and offering her hand to Delynnaria, the charms on her bracelet jingling lightly. She heard a voice behind her and scrunched her eyebrows. Did the blob just talk?

Delynnaria looked at the girl as she offered her hand. She hesitated for a moment but came together "Nice to meet you Tara. I guess you know who I am though... Rumors spread around here often... Just to put them to the side I want to tell you that most aren't true... But Lord Death did keep me from taking a partner in the past." She said before taking her hand. She immediately felt a connect between them and her eyes flash a vibrant emerald green as if her body were reacting in a magical way. She smiled "Tara... It was said to me that due to my soul... It would be difficult to find a soul compatible to mine... Something is there.." She said and smiled again "I don't think it was that difficult... If you would Tara... I want to see if we are compatible with one another..." She said and stood up still holding the other girls hand. The cold in the air around them seemed to persist as her eyes glazed out with the vibrant emerald green glow.

She took a deep breath 'Is this something I want to do... She will know when this happens... Ohhh... Lord Death is right.. Its now or never.' She thought to herself. She squeeze Tara's hand "Are you ready Tara? What you are about to see is something that... Well stays between us.. If we resonate you will see my soul..." She said quietly so only Tara could hear here. "This will answer your question... If you know anything about souls... You will see why I was not allowed to take a meister until now.. Do not be alarmed... Its beautiful." She said to her.

Tara felt electricity soon as their hands touched. It was coldand fierce yet some how warm; it took Tara's breath away. She was dutifully silent add the girl spoke, agreeing that there was a connection between them. 'Just what is she showing me?' she couldn't help but wonder at the Meister's insistence of secrecy, inwardly jumping at the fact that she, a not really well-known Weapon, had a chance to see a part of the mystery of this powerful and so sought after girl. Without hesitating she swore to keep Delynnaria's secret, crossing her heart for proof. Tara tokk a deep breath. "I'm ready."

"Well, I wouldn't call myself the music boy... But I do play the piano and saxophone." Leone answered her question modestly. He shrugged his shoulders slightly, trying to get rid of a dull ache in his back. "You're into martial arts, right? That's why you weren't around much last year, from what I cared to hear, anyways." A quiet chuckle escaped him. "Seems like we both suck at small talk." He stated with a bit of humor entering his voice.

Delynnaria took a deep breath and concentrated "Here we go..." She said and squeeze Tara's hand again as she had the weapon transform. The connection between the two began to link up immediately. Her eyes flashed once again as the link between the two completed. She closed her eyes and saw Tara floating in a black like space where the souls of the two were located. Delynnaria saw Tara's soul and smiled "Your soul looks strong..." She said before moving up and out of the way of hers. Delynnaria floating up in the black void exposing her Soul for Tara to see. She took a deep breath "This is my soul..." She said slowly. The soul was a Vibrant purple and extremely witch like in composition. She looked over at the girl to see her reaction "This is why Lord Death did not want me taking a weapon until now... Circumstances have changed... It is better for me to be able to protect myself than for the secret to Remain hidden." she said and looked at her own soul. The resonance rate was growing between the two "Tara.. We are in resonance with one another... Its a match... What do you say?" She said and extended a hand across to her.

Delynnaria felt weird at that moment. Her secret was out but she didn't feel overly afraid of the consequences... She trusted this girl. Then again it was only a matter of time anyway. Her magical side was becoming more and more prominent as of late. The episodes of magical events has been increasing and she knew something was coming.... Whatever it was... it had to do with the cold.

Last edited:
Her face scrunched into a slight frown as she let a slight chuckle escape herself. He was right, which relieved her. She wasn't the only socially awkward person here. Her gaze moved around a little. "You're right. About the marital arts. But I play too. I learned Piano from Soul Eater-sama as well as various others. I by far love piano, violin, and cello out of all instruments. Though I do enjoy a good saxophone too." Her voice changed. It wasn't as harsh as usual. She used a softer tone when she spoke of music.

Her gaze moves towards two girls that stood up. She watches as the one girl shifted to her weapon form and they began resonating there souls. Reaper Girl carefully kept her eyes on them both out of curiosity and to study.
"Looks like they found there match." She said in a low voice and her gaze flicked to a wall clock. She had been here over half an hour and managed to get in a fight and put two people in there place.

Every time Tara took on her Weapon form she felt exposed. She at stood shyly in front of Delynnaria as the Meister inspected her soul. Tara couldn't believe it when she had said it was strong; she had never thought it (or even she) amounted to much. When Delynnaria moved aside to show hers, Tara swallowed her gasp. It was purple. Purple meant....her eyes widen in shock, yet surprisingly she wasn't afraid. For some reason she saw no reason too doubt her. As their souls began to resonate Tara felt a calmness envelope her. Yes she really wanted to pair with this girl. She managed a reassuring smile and took Delynnaria's had. "As your Weapon I will do all I can to protect you, Delynnaria," she swore, crossing her heart once again.

Jenia
Alright! Today's a new year; I might be able to find my Miester this year… hopefully. Jenia thought this to herself as she climbed the long winded steps to her school. The DWMA, mostly commonly known for its reaper's in training. Jenia wasn't that sadly to say, or actually, it was quite the opposite, she had the best job in the world. A reaper's weapon had the task of fighting off baddies, or wronged souls that are on the path to becoming Keshins.

As a young kid, originally joining the DWMA, Jenia always had high hopes of finding herself a Miester to partner up with but so far she hadn't been very lucky. Of course that wouldn't stop her from trying; she was a very optimistic person.

Upon the last few stairs to the school Jenia gave herself a little hop, usually she'd be more careful, but having her glasses on, she need not to worry about it. Looking up the glorious school Jenia gave a long look, and then tilts her head off to the side. "Huh, it seemed a lot bigger when I was a kid… Ah well." She shrugged it off and headed inside the school. It seemed people where already conversing with friends and newly acquired partners, which made the girl feel a bit lonesome but that wouldn't last for long, she would find herself someone to soul resonate with, things like this just take time.

ANUBIS
If there was one thing Anubis hated most in the world, it had to be the kids of this school. Sitting on one of the pillars that ascended out from the large building she watched them peruse about the campus, a firm scowl on her face as she looked disgusted. Being a witch, Anubis was naturally against the race of humans, and only saw the as a form of time wasting toys. Most of them were fat, and lazy, unlike the early days where they no technology to amuse themselves, this newer generation aspired nothing but the witches killing intention.

Calla sighed. Idiots. Idiots all around her. What partber could ever match her resonance when she was so far ahead of them regarding skill? At this rate she was going to be partnerless by the end of the day. calla eyed the Shinagami in the room. Some arses with a nerve decided they'd wanted to secure their death date. As expected, the Shinigami did not take the matter lightly. Maybe they were right though.. they were idiots for saying it but maybe they had a point. Well, it didn't matter. It's not like there was any point in defending the girl. It was her problem and not Calla's.

As the scene unfolded Calla became more and more interested in the angry boy with the cold eyes. The Shinigami called him over and Calla felt a slight twinge of disappointment. She knew how much better they would resonate. Calla sighed once more and turned away from the twosome. She couldn't do anything about their ignorance. She didn't know what to do. It seemed that the only weapon she felt could've made a decent weapon was now unavailable. 'Stupid.. If he just saw what we could do together..' Oh well, he was gone so she needed to find a new weapon. One that was better than him!

Andy sipped his coffee and wandered around, there were a bunch of people here, so he now felt somewhat better about not having a weapon. He found a seat and sat down and looked around. It seemed like a few people were matching up already. He bit his lip and placed his coffee down. He should probably find a person to match up with but he couldn't really do that unless he knew what the person, since he couldn't exactly try matching up with another meister. People were walking around with little name tags, but to read them you would actually have to talk to the person and that would just waste time. He sighed and leaned back.

Reaper pushes her fingers through her hair again, moving her bangs out of the way. Her eyes studied the witch in the room. She knew what she was of course. Even before she used Soul Perception. Her Grandfather and Father spoke of her to Reaper before the school year started. But Reaper didn't bother thinking much of it. She had her own things to do and worry about. Like what if my room isn't cute enough? What if it's not balanced? What if something got moved out of place? Shaking her head, she dismissed her obsession. She had done well do far by not thinking about it.

Reaper Girl forced her thoughts to move onto something else. "I'd like to hear you play. Are you taking a music course this year? I hear they got a new music teacher." She questioned and let her hair fall into place, her facial features hardening slightly.

Gabriel wouldn't have paid any attention to the pair near to him, if it weren't for Rapture. Rapture could see souls, even though Gabriel couldn't. "Brother! Look! A Witch!" Rapture exclaimed, pointing Delynnaria. Gabriel's head shot up from his book, eyes alert and ready for a fight, but they softened to their normal, relaxed nature once he saw who it was. "Well, she's not causing any trouble, is she? And hey, if she's powerful enough not to worry about Death himself just a short run away, then we wouldn't be able to deal with opponent like that..." He said to his sludge-brother. Rapture nodded, "Should we go get Soul-Sensei? Or Black Star?" Gabriel shook his head. The human brother pushed himself up, coming to stand by the new pair. "My brother isn't the only one who can see souls...You might want to take the soul showing party elsewhere. Just a piece of advice, from another undesirable soul."

Delynnaria closed her eyes again as the resonance continued to climb "Thank you Tara." She said before opening her eyes gain. "Your reaction was far different from what the others were... Some people when they used soul detect tried to capture me." Delynnaria said and she held her head low. "Luckily I am protected here by Lord Death... I am a first of my kind and that makes me unique... and high sought after by both the DWMA and the Witch Coven." She continued before concentrating once more. Their souls returned to their bodies and she opened her eyes.

Delynnaria stood with Tara in her weapon form. 'What a match' She though in her head forgetting that Tara could now read her thoughts 'A witch with a staff.. Steryotypical but I love it.' She said inside of her head. She spun the staff and around before stopping and holding it out "I hope you don't mind have a meister that can't use soul detect... It interferes with well... Now you know." She said out loud to Tara not caring if others heard her at this point.

Delynnaria turned toward the man suddenly "Huh?" She said slightly confused. It was then that it dawned on her that the man had seen her soul when she let her guard down. Her heart stopped for a split second and her breath turned to a fine mist once again. She looked around almost distraught at the others around her wondering if anyone else may be seeing her soul. She then turned towards the man "Uhm... Well... Im not stupid sir.. I know you saw what you saw.. Don't be alarmed though.." She said trying to keep a scene from occurring. That was the last thing she wanted to do... Attract more attention to herself. Tara could feel the emotional distress being to boil inside of her. Her body began to react faster than it had before. The air began to get colder for no apparent reason to those not seeing what was occurring inside of it.

Delynnaria closed her eyes for a split second and tried to calm herself. Every time she attempted this another thought came into her head and the cycle would start again. Her mind raced and she felt something stirring inside her soul for the first time in her entire life. It was as if she was generating a minor madness wave that was beginning to drive her own soul crazy. 'Somethings wrong... Something is wrong..' Was all she could say inside of her head as she saw eyes begin to look towards her. She noticed that even with gloves on that a minor form of frost was forming on her palms. She gathered herself enough to look at the man again "Thank you.. I.. This is just going to start more rumors about me..." She said and sighed.

Her soul was fluctuating rapidly and she felt her body continue to react. A rising sense of fear spiked suddenly and she suppressed it. 'I've practiced this all week... I knew this would happen... They would all find out! Oh no... Lord Death! I hope they don't hurt me...' was all she could think of as the frost continued to cover her hands. She just gave up as she held Tara in her weapon form. Whatever was happening to her was going to happen but she wasn't afraid of hurting anyone... She didn't feel whatever was happening would affect anyone but her. "Tara... If you can hear me.. We need to leave." was all she said as the shock of the initial resonance seemed to awaken something within her soul. As quickly as the surge came she began to feel is dissipate. She looked down at her hands and saw the frost was gone and didn't touch Tara at all. She shook her head 'Am I seeing things....' was all she could think.

(Waiting for Rin before I post again now. This is just to set the scene for the character.)

Last edited:
63b842cdd29b6060c3f3c090ed4d1b9c.jpg
Tara smiled up at her new Meister, not caring that she was born a half-witch. I didn't even knew such a thing could even exist, she couldn't stop herself from thinking, then inwardly gasped and hoped that Delynnaria wouldn't take what she thought the wrong way. She didn't want to do anything to offend her new partner, especially since they had only just started to connect. Already, she felt comfortable being wielded by Delynnaria, and her usual guards were down for a change. I don't want her to start hating me so soon, like the others... Tara was snapped out of her self-pity when she noticed a change between her and her Meister's wavelengths. Something was wrong. "Delynnaria what is it?" Tara turned her attention back to what was happening in front of her and noticed the boy with the blob standing in front of her, speaking with Delynnaria. She was too late to hear his words but caught a thought fragment through Delynnaria's sudden panic ..they know, they saw oh no... That's when it dawned on her. Oh no we resonated in public. They might've seen... That would explain the half-witch's distress. "Delynnaria, listen to me it's ok. Calm down. Only the higher level Weapons and Meisters would be able to detect you. This room is filled mostly with first years, they won't be able to tell. Even if they higher leveled students saw they haven't responded, so relax. Please!" It was as if Delynnaria couldn't hear her. Tara's heart raced as their resonance fluctuated, and she could tell that her Meister was trying hard to calm down. She could feel her despair, yet didn't know what to do to calm her. There was something mixing with their wavelength, Tara could feel it, and not knowing what it was had her on edge. She noticed the air around Delynnaria seemed to get colder and noticed frost growing on her hands. What the...? Tara's thoughts were interrupted by a strong thought of her Meister's Something is wrong... Something is wrong.... "Delynnaria?" she tried again, desperate to reach the girl. There. She finally heard her voice, insisting that they leave the room. "Let's go," she responded, desperate to get Delynnaria to safety.

Delynnaria heard Tara and instantly began to make for the door. She looked back not caring if everyone was wondering where she was going. All she cared about was moving to a safe place for all the others... She could care less about herself. She passed through the doors and into one of the hall ways "Tara... My body is reacting.. something is changing... I'm sorry you have to be brought into this." She said and had Tara transform out of her weapon form. Delynnaria held her now free hands up infront of her face. The frost was beginning to come back as she began to freak herself out. "Well... Each one of them is different... Medusa was snake based... I guess I am snow...? Ice?" She said at a low whisper so only Tara could hear here. She rubbed her hands together "I kind of want to know more... its so... interesting but frightening.. I don't know Tara... What should I do? I mean I don't want to freak the school out by trying to do something with my witch side but... Hmm... Maybe Lord Death would know." she said before running a hand through her snow white hair. "It feels nice being away from that giant group of people... No doubt that Reaper Girl knows who I am but I am not worried about her. She is a person I can trust." She continued but began to go off on a tangent.

Leone followed her gaze to the new weapon and meister. Something felt odd about that meister, but he didn't feel like it was his right to poke around in their business. His attention snapped back to Reaper Girl at her question. "Ya, I'm taking music. What happened to the old teacher?" He probably sounded like an idiot with that question, but he didn't care much for gossip and usually tuned it out as he went about his daily life.

Reaper Girl paused for a second at his question. He didn't know? "She was one of the missing people. No one knows where she is." She said it rather hesitantly. Reaper had liked that teacher. And she planned on helping look for the missing teachers and weapons as soon as she had a weapon of her own. She would look regardless though, it's her duty as a Shinigami.

Leaning off the wall, she turned to Leone and tilts her head to the side curiously. She was here for a reason, so was he, and if she didn't get started on finding a partner now then she really would have failed, not so much her family name but herself.
"So, youre a weapon. Mind if I see you in your weapon form?"

While Rapture could see souls, Gabriel could mask them. It took effort, and he had to drop his own masking to do it, but he painted her soul back to a Meister's blue, just for long enough to allow her to calm down. Gabriel couldn't mask a soul he wasn't in contact with for much longer than that anyway. "We should team up with them, big brother!" Rapture exclaimed, "After all, we've both got a secret to our souls!" He added in a whisper-yell. Gabriel shrugged, "I don't think we're in Delynnaria's league...And Tara's got potential, I can feel it." He answered. "Best of luck to you both. Make sure you don't buy the Red Energy drinks before the tournament." A few years back, after a big administrative conference, it was decided that combat-related classes would be grouped by ability. How better to determine ability than with a battle royale? The Red Energy drinks were a scam, it was just water and food coloring.

Leone made a thoughtful sound upon hearing this new development. So it was true after all. Her question stirred him from his wonderings, and he looked at her for a long moment. "Sure, I guess. Just a fair warning though, I'm not a scythe. I heard that Shinigamis work better with scythes, can't remember where or when, so I could be wrong." After he said his peace, he offered her a hand to see if they connected.