Soldiers of Steel OOC (signups closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*GASP*

HOW'D YOU FIND OUT???

And yea, I kinda am a smartass/punching bag irl.
Except I'm the LIKED smartass/punching bag :DD

"Magically Delicious!" will probably be his trademark remark when he blows something up with airstrikes.

..Cause
You know
The Irish midget
with the sugary stuff
always saying "Magically Delicious" with that Irish accent

no?
:/
nevermindthen

I think a cereal mascot would be a little ancient since they have spaceships lol

Exactly
No one will remember the leprechaun.
But he will be the only one eating that cereal.
People will walk on and be like
What the fuck is he eating...

And yeah, why are people getting guns and crap when we're using 7 foot tall mechs to building-sized mechs?

I HAZ A GRENADE LAUNCHER, AND LASER CANNON, AN ARTILLERY CANNON, A COUPLE MISSILE PODS, JUMP JETS, HEAVY ARMOR, SOME COOL SHIELDS, AND THIS REALLY RAD COCKPIT-LIZARD

OOHH, and i hav a sniper rifle ^.^

o.0 dafuuuuq?

My gatling cannons are a highly upgraded and advanced version of the GAU-8 Avenger weapon system. It is more than enough firepower to deal with most mechs. Not to mention that I assume a 120mm cannon has a long load between shots, especially if it is to be balanced. And it isn't that the other mech don't have sheilding and such. On top of that, with all of that equipment and the good armor, not exactly the most maneuverable mech. While the Jackdaw runs circles around you putting rounds into all of your important bits, good luck making use of those wonderful weapons systems. As Dunruffle said, all mechs have their ups and downs and all drive differently. I, and Wolf, prefer a more maneuverable design with a different type of firepower. 30mm Gatling cannons have quite a bit more diversity than a large cannon. Remember, infantry is still a thing.

o.0
I was just using that as an example
My own has light armor, though it has shields more focused around its arms, with dual autocannons that, with sufficient munitions fired, could tear apart a mech, though it'd be more of the type where it just keeps tearing up the armor and the guts of the thing, not make it explode and stuff. Mine also has those 2 little tower things, so he could either down his own mech for a minute or so to turn off any mechs that are close to him for several minutes, and he can also broadcast to all the other mechs, and gain the best connections to local security cameras, surveillance, satellite coverage, and mech sensors to put together an accurate all-around map for everything, and then rely positions of enemies to the closest mech(s) so they can either runaway or fightback.

Oops, thought you were the sniper thing because of your sniper remark. Well, my short paragraph rant still stands! I really want to tell you guys the name Wolf has given his mech though, but I want it to be more of a reveal. It isn't something all that funny or awesome, but as a personal writing style I like to keep details like that for the RP.

EDIT: I just realized that whole damn post was making fun of those guys! GOD DAMMIT! I am sorry Oddy bro. I'm tired and just got home from school. But, just wow. I feel like a fool. XD

Speaking of mech weapons, since James's Dark Angel mech is only the size of Iron Man's suit and doesn't have any on-board weaponry, He'd be using this:
RIA C44 Backalley Rifles degrading weight and power.jpg
The middle one, with a barrel able to collapse like an old TV antenna.

Semi automatic. Standard ammo. 876 yards distance.

Does that sound right? I haven't the slightest idea about gun specs. Whatta you guys think?

Speaking of mech weapons, since James's Dark Angel mech is only the size of Iron Man's suit and doesn't have any on-board weaponry, He'd be using this:
View attachment 27889
The middle one, with a barrel able to collapse like an old TV antenna.

Semi automatic. Standard ammo. 876 yards distance.

Does that sound right? I haven't the slightest idea about gun specs. Whatta you guys think?

What type of rifle is it? Is it supposed to be like an anti-material rifle? (ANti-material means it is meant to be used against armored veichles such as light armored mechs and troop transports, ectetera.

Keep in mind, the real life version of my guns opens fire fairly accurately at 1.5 to 3 miles. Of course they are mounted on a jet which is what makes it a little more easy to actually see targets at that range.

Last edited:
At this point, I think it'd be fair to say that you could probably have a firing distance of up to 2 miles, if you're augmented to interface with your man-sized suit, with stabilizers and in-helmet aiming assist and the like, especially if the rifle is too powerful to be fired by a regular marine or somesuch.

*whole conversation goes over my head*

guns c:
shoot things :D
with power :3
and such :)

That is why I was asking if it was supposed to be anti-material or anti-infantry. The an AM rifle would be able to shoot at crazy ranges with the technology we have in this setting.

Pfft
I don't really shoot things
I just call in tactical strikes and gunships and stuff to blow up the high-priority targets that are too defensively overdone to be destroyed by mech.

@Potatocat Yeah, that. It can take out the pilots/fuel cells of light armored mechs and vehicles, and foot infantry (though it would likely make a mess of them). He doesn't use it often, but does whenever he is spotted, followed by a short firefight and a swift retreat.

@The Oddsman 2 miles would probably be a more realistic distance for the time period.

*whole conversation goes over my head*

guns c:
shoot things :D
with power :3
and such :)

Lol. I get that a lot, and not just over the internet. XD Being a gun geek is a weird niche. The same people who get upset that you don't know the technicals of sports or cars look at you funny when you use technical terms with firearms.

@Potatocat Yeah, that. It can take out the pilots/fuel cells of light armored mechs and vehicles, and foot infantry (though it would likely make a mess of them). He doesn't use it often, but does whenever he is spotted, followed by a short firefight and a swift retreat.

@The Oddsman 2 miles would probably be a more realistic distance for the time period.
May I suggest as Oddsman said as a couple mile range to make it competitive with mounted mech armaments. That, and use it to take out priority targets from a distance that GTFO.

I know a little bit about firearms, but I'm more into shooting them.

After not shooting a rifle, pistol, bow, or any other kind of firearm for well over 2 years
I managed to hit an 8-ounce water bottle from 100 yards after 3 seconds.

#BraggingRights

Im more into... feelings... like... mind stuff... and yeah..
but not guns... i suck at guns.. xD

I haven't actually fired a gun before. I don't think anyone would let me, either. I've shot BB guns and I suck. XD

Blades are more my thing.

And they won't let me have those either.

*has issues*

I haven't actually fired a gun before. I don't think anyone would let me, either. I've shot BB guns and I suck. XD

Blades are more my thing.

And they won't let me have those either.

*has issues*
Where do you live?

I was suspended from school for a week, and went to see one of those people who you go to talk to about mental problemstuffs about 5 or 6 times.

Although that was nice, because she actually listened to me and offered advice, even though I said nothing about the actual problem. But the actual problem was just gone just by talking and being heard. I like her.

And I live in Texas.

#StillHanging
#GunsFoLife

Status
Not open for further replies.