Sleeping Beauty, Waking Nightmare

ok thank you!

Name: Charlotte Marx
Race: Dark fae
Looks: Long dark hair pulled back in a braid, pretty tan skin, tall.
Personality: pretty quiet, lethal in battle, knows little about herself
History: She was found as a baby by a dark fae when she was left in the woods to die. She was originally born in the same village as the castle to two light faes but turned evil when her "mother" adopted her into her family.
Powers: She knows minimal magic because she is such a skilled fighter so her only spells are a simple paralyzing spell and one that will bring her an army of plants.
Weapons: Her weapons are either her plant army or her ten small throwing knives with which she is lethal. She only uses her plant army when in a battle she can't win otherwise, or with other dark fae groups.

I AM SO SORRY! I have not been posting, and I'll get right on that, yesyes.

Music, you still haven't answered everything I asked. I'm not sure this is the RP for you. It requires a lot of detail so that I can pull a lot of storylines together.

All right! I'm finally done with my History! Sorry that it is soooo super-long, I based it on a Celtic love story of betrayal and got kinda carried away >x< Hope it works!

Quill, your history is awesome. As for your magic, tone back the spells a bit or give your character a few more weaknesses. After that, should be good!

Reactions: 1 person
Quill, your history is awesome.

Thank you!! :D It was lots of fun to write!

As for your magic, tone back the spells a bit or give your character a few more weaknesses.

Yeah … point taken xD I went through the CS and added a minor weakness, inability to swim (though that could have major repercussions later in the plot :D) and toned down the magic by a lot. I removed all "on full-moon nights" benefits and made significant distinctions between their effects on magical vs. non-magical beings. I also made Stygian Flash a little more difficult to perform (Nyx must face the target un-Shrouded for the spell to take effect) and … ummm … I think that's it. Also Shroud only works at daytime and not noon, I've actually forgotten if I had that before or not >x< Let me know if Nyx needs more editing!

Looks good, Quill, I will let you know if I think of anything. How did you want to come into the plot or do you want me to just write you an entrance hook?

Everyone in combat, feel free to keep posting. Ceru, that counts for you, too.

Looks good, Quill, I will let you know if I think of anything. How did you want to come into the plot or do you want me to just write you an entrance hook?

I think somewhere someone mentioned a dark witch moving to a gathering place in the forest where a large future battle will take place, which is why I got Nyxanne heading there. If it's too far in the future though, I'll have her somehow get lost in the forest or something stumbling on your party of peeps, and she starts realizing there's something reeking of major magic from Sleeping Beauty so she sticks around, either as part of the party or as a ninja stalker/spy until they get to the site of the major battle, where depending on the plot Nyx either ends up joining Sleeping's forces or turning on Sleeping 'n' Co. and reverting to evil ways which eventually are her undoing? O.O Dunno, just random ideas. What do you think would be best? I'm cool with anything, I don't have the scope of the plot that you do.

Character Name: Margaret Silverstein
Species/Race: Human
Occupation: Head of the remanence of the Merchant Guild of the sleeping realm.

General Appearance: Though she is a bit short in stature, she doesn't seem to try to overcompensate with flamboyant clothing or boots with an extra lift. In fact she is dress much like any other merchant of the realm, slightly threadworn, but good quality clothing that is well cared for and a bit of jewelry so as not to come off as completely impoverished when dealing with other merchants. Her blue-black thick hair is often pulled up so that most would not know it is nearly to her knees. Though a merchant she has taken to making sure she stays fit and not spend all day behind the desk or eating rich foods.

Personality: Margaret is a bit too serious, but this is because she feels she can't let her own personality come out. She's worked too hard these last six years to make something of not only herself, but the guild. Where once she had a sharp wit that saw the humor in most of the ridiculousness in life, she now internalized it to make sharp retorts to merchants that think they can gain something on her. Margaret was meant to smile, but they are rare now.

General History: once upon a time there lived a prosperous merchant who doted on his one and only child. Margaret was a smart and delightful girl who traveled with her father constantly as he did business. Upon these travels she met the son of an Earl, and as the years passed these young people fell in love. It was considered a good match by both parents and soon they began the arrange for the marriage. Then the Realm fell into slumber!

While Margaret was out of the country with a few of her father's people on a sensitive trade agreement, the rest of her family had been not so lucky. With no family, and no wealth, the marriage arrangement was forgotten by the Earl, but not his son.

There was little else to do but to start over with what assets where available to her outside the Realm. Margaret never started off to rebuild the guild, after all they were in a foreign land, but soon she was contacting more and more merchants and others that were exiled and thus became leader of a group that was more then just merchants.

Present Life: Margaret still writes letters to her love, and he her. He has stalled each and every attempt so far to get him married off, but they both know their time is running out. The young man could not afford to be disowned by his father, or at least that is what Margaret keeps saying. If what she has made these last six years can not impress the Earl however, perhaps it is time for disapproval. It is not a decision either of them want to make lightly however and their letters must be vague for neither doubt that some have been intercepted over the years.

Accepted, Ocha. Iskari will be making a character this weekend and I will introduce you both at the same time.

Quill, I haven't forgotten about you. The entrance I had written was for TK's character, but TK isn't around at the moment. So I am currently contemplating what to do. I am more than willing to give you a custom entrance when I bring Iskari and Ocha in.

Okay, Quill, you will be introduced soon. Just did your set up. Ocha, as soon as Iskari has his character finalized (he wrote the history tonight), I will have the two of you run into one another.

Those of you in the fight scene, please post ASAP.

Name: Prince Derek the Ill-fated

Description: Tall, with a countenance of dark majesty. The curse of the Dark Fey has rendered him looking inhuman, with two small rows of horns sweeping back along his scalp, dark violet skin, and deep indigo hair sweeping back to his shoulders. His teeth are now sharp points and his eyes glow with a sickly yellow light. Because of this, he takes great pains to disguise his appearance, often covering himself completely in shrouding robes. Under this he dresses in the unspoiling regality gifted to him by his parents

History: The king and queen of a lost and distant land were barren. In an act of desperation for their royal lineage they made a pact with dark fey to have a child of their own, offering their most precious possessions should they be made to conceive. To their delight, a son was born, Prince Derek, and on the day of his christening the dark fey arrived to admire their handiwork. These royals had not been so foolish as to not invite these malign creatures and welcomed them with a feast. They set forth the sum of their treasures that the fey might take what they wished, willing to trade any and all of their possessions in gratitude for their son.

The dark fey, every tricky and sinister, inspected the whole of the kingdom's riches with wry smiles and roving eyes. With haunting voices did they announce that, as per the agreement, they has selected the possession that they would take; the most valuable in the kingdom. They also declared that, after the feast and with treasure in hand, they would depart in peace from the kingdom and never be seen again. The banquet passed in great anticipation, but the royals worried not at all.

Those nobles in attendance were allowed to hold the infant prince and, as the babe was passed around, the dark fey asked that they too be allowed to hold the child. The royals agreed hastily, wary of offending creatures of such fickle power and desperate to keep their country whole. But the moment they took hold of the young prince they cried in exultation that they did now have the most precious possession in the kingdom. Screams of protest sounded through the great hall as they dark fey vanished in that very moment into a cloud of the inkiest blackness, never to be seen again.

Years passed in the Winterlands, the cruel, barren, and otherworldly realm of the dark fey. Young prince Derek was raised by his evil and malicious surrogate parents, exposed to blood curdling horrors and suffering in his tender-most years and was sent to bed each night with stories of trickery and deceit. To the dismay of his parents, however, he seemed resistant to their attempts to turn him fully to wickedness.

As he grew, he was trained in fine arts and groomed to be a leader of men, a general for the dark invasion the evil fey had planned to launch upon the mortal realms and the Summerlands. Derek drank in the knowledge, but after years of fright and torture, kept his gentle nature hidden away from his wicked parents. Still, despite his dreams of a peaceful life filled with joy, his parents were unrelenting in their efforts to tempt him into true evil.

But even the dark fey are not infallible. The day of Derek's 19th​ birthday was made to be a great celebration because of the completion of his training and his mastery of tactics and strategy. The party was filled with the Unseelie courts and fey and beasts drank and feasted into stupors. As the party progressed, many of the creatures present boasted of their greatest tricks and vilest acts. When it got around to Derek's parents, they had only one story to top all. They told, loudly and brazenly, the tale of their deceit that saw them with the greatest mortal general groomed by the dark fey; Prince Derek.

Hearing this tale for the first time in his life, Derek found a great weight of curiosity descending upon him. Who were his true parents? What was his kingdom like? What would life have been had he been raised by a king and queen who cherished him above all else instead of in the perpetual horror of the Winterlands? In a fit of drunken defiance, he demanded that his parents allow him to leave and live in the world of mortals where he belonged. To his surprise, the dark fey readily agreed and outfitted him for his journey with their magic. Derek, now calmed, asked that he be sent to the kingdom of his birth where his true parents were. The wicked laughter of drunken fey was the last sound he heard as they enacted their magic spell that would send him home.

As with many things of the fey, time is but a whim and reality a plaything. Though Derek was only 19, he arrived in the ruins of a long-dead kingdom, centuries after his parents had perished. Searching through the crumbling remains of the palace, he found the memorial resting places of his mother and father. His sorrow gathered up into a single tear, the first he had shed in true grief, which fell to the ground. From that drop sprang forth an imp, D'ktari, who told the prince that his parents had freed him, but only upon certain conditions. He was to live cursed among mortals, changed into a fiendish form that none would fail to recognize as otherworldly. He would also be unable to speak of the dark fey upon the mortal world, lest he reveal their sinister plans. Finally, should Derek wish to return to the Winterlands, he need only call his parents' names. Cackling with delight the imp vanished, promising to return to torment him again.

But as the imp departed, a good fairy arose from between the tombs. She told Derek that his hidden kindness shone like a beacon to the inhabitants of the Summerlands and that he could yet break his parents' curse. A kiss from a beloved princess, she said, would restore his human features and break the shackles of the dark fey spell. Gifting him with her own robe of glittering white, his countenance was hidden in shadow so that he might travel amongst the lands of mortals. Telling him that this was all the boon she could grant, she set him on his task to find the princess who could free him from the devious whims of the evil fairies.

Magic: Prince Derek has no magic to speak of. The limit of his abilities is minor trickery learned from the fey he grew up with.

Abilities: Fey-Trained Knight (swordsmanship, horsemanship, tilting, dirty tactics)
Dark Knowledge (working knowledge of wicked things)
Leadership (Tactics, Strategy, Inspiration, Discipline)
Inborn Kindness (helpful and gentle, charitous, honest)
Dark Majesty (Evil creatures can mistake him for an ally)

Equipment: Dark Fey Steel Longsword (thin-bladed slashing weapon)
Fey-Steel Armor (fine-linked mail and cuirass)
Concealing Cloak
Winterland Steed

Approved, Iskari.

Going to edit my latest post to bring in Derek, Nyx, and Margaret.

Okay, you three are intro'd. Start making your way to the group!

Might I be able to join this?If so what type of characters have been made so far?

Gig, I'm going to put a cast list up soonish. For now, I advise looking through the thread. We have two witches, a salesman, a merchant, a prince, a hidden princess, a former mercenary/woodsman, a couple fae, and a cleric so far.

Guys, just a reminder. This chapter is taking place at night. Please keep that in mind.