Sleeping Beauty, Waking Nightmare

Peanut, you can assume your character overheard Pyra's "parents" telling her the truth about her being a princess and them being fae and there to protect her. It will be mentioned in upcoming posts, but that's what you would have overheard from the part I skipped over for nefarious dramatic purposes.

Music, have you made any progress figuring out a new character?

Peanut, don't worry about post length. I like your posts! You are clear and concise in them, which is great!

Just a reminder to people. Use this thread for OOC so we don't have any breaks in the actual RP.

yeah does this work

Name: Charlotte Lane
looks: http://vaniepoyey.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/BT_165_Blog.jpg
personality: distant, shy, loud once she gets to know you, funny, clever, amazing in battle
History: she was found by another fae when she was a baby so no one knows who she is or where she came from. All they knew was her name which was written on the paper she was found with.

Frankly, I need more information than that. As a GM, I don't know what your character will do when at this point. I also don't know really anything about the character.

You say she is found by another fae. Is she herself a fae? Light or dark? Is that fae light or dark? Where does she come from? I have to know that, even if she doesn't. What powers does she have? What weapons does she carry/is she skilled at? What motivates her? What is her history AFTER she was found as a baby? Why and how would she be part of the group?

TK, Ceru, and Tetsu. You may start posting to establish your characters and their movements and why they are in the forest or near it in Tetsu's case. We'll start pulling the group together, so you guys can feel free to find Ashur and Pyra after a couple of posts!

TK, I definitely need a post from you since you were the witch mentioned in the intro post.

Ceru, do you want to be involved in the first combat or show up right after it?

Okay, no one is being attacked yet. Tetsu, Ceru, and TK are now completely set up to enter the scene whenever they wish. I only ask that you wait to post til after Ashur's next post. The attack will begin shortly, so get where you wish to be for it. Ceru, I know you want to come in after, so just start moving through the woods.

Kitti, feel free to come in whenever you feel is best.

So, what happened? Where did all the posting go?

Hi! I know the IC has already been launched but I would really, really love to join!

I'm just a little confused on what kinds of characters you're looking for … I would like to RP a female, preferably an evil magic one, but if there's no room for that something else would be fine too ^^

K, guys, combat has begun. If you are going to get in on it and haven't gotten there, GET THERE.

Quill, if you would like to make a character, you may. I have no problems if you want to make an evil character, so long as she fits the setting and tone.

NYXANNE de L'APATÊ

Witch.jpg

Names: Nyxanne de L'Apatê / Anlëann
Nickname: Nyx / Ani
Race: Human

Alignment: EVIL >8D
Mistress: Duchess Ciana La'Comte, a powerful dark fae

Appearance: Nyx is petite of stature and very slender, with a slim, angular face and large violet eyes. Her long, straight hair is pitch-black with a blue luster and falls past her waist, several of the strands braided and woven in with crow feathers. She always wears the barest hint of a smile, a little mocking and a little mischievous, and a mysterious black tattoo on her right cheek glows bright blue when she uses magic. A strip of black dye perpetually coating her bottom lip gives proof to her witchhood, as does the circular black mark on her forehead, a demand of her sect. She is left-handed.

Personality: Nyx likes to keep to herself and is highly distrustful of others. She has her own idea of how things should go and rarely believes others when they offer contradicting advice. She is very resentful of having lost her free will and will therefore enforce it to the best of her ability wherever possible. Known among witches for her duplicitous nature, Nyxanne, bound by magic, cannot help but obey Ciana's every order and feels that no one would ever value her besides her mistress for all the corrupt things she has been forced to do; also she believes that Ciana is the only person in the world who cares about her and does not despise Nyx even knowing her true nature (a bad case of Stockholm's brought on by Ciana's endless and ingenious manipulation).

Magic: Nyx is technically a very weak, minor witch, with little of her own power, but as she climbed the ranks of Ciana's minionhood, her mistress bequeathed upon her stores of Ciana's own power to draw upon which have increased in size and are now quite large. Ciana can still withdraw these pools of magic but so far, Nyx has always been very obedient and never given her a reason to doubt her. Still, Nyx does possess some inherent magical skills that her mistress cannot influence.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

~
Myopia
: Nyx is nearsighted. While this makes her very skilled at close-range combat and helps her see details others miss, it is also an obvious disadvantage, and she could never hope to use a long-range weapon accurately.
~
Physique: Nyx is not physically strong and lacks stamina, but she is very fast and nimble. She is always very observant and wears practical clothing so as not to impede her agility.
~
Education: Nyx grew up on a farm and never went to school. She is illiterate, cannot swim, and does not know much about the world, but she does know a lot about management and is excellent at math. She can cook, sew and clean very well and has a way with animals.

SPELLS

~ Night Sight: Nyx can see monochromatically in the dark; this causes her irises to shine bright blue if light hits them.
~ Stygian Flash: Nyx can cause a sudden burst of darkness to temporarily blind a target; because it is magic itself, it even prevents the use of lesser spells to cure the effect. Depending on the target's own magical strength, the spell can be momentary or last up to 5 minutes on magical beings and 15 on the non-magical. Nyx only has the strength to use it full power on one target at once; if she uses it on two targets simultaneously the spell's duration is shortened by half. Additionally, she must be facing the target un-Shrouded or disguised by other kinds of magic. Once used, Nyx must wait four times as long as the spell lasted on the target to use it again, on any target.
~
Shroud:
Provided it is daytime and not noon, Nyx can wrap her own shadow around herself and disappear into the surroundings, but because it is a spell of her own magic it is very weak and only fools non-magical beings.
~
Eaves: Nyx can raise or drop "eaves", that is, magical shields that provide a sound barrier between what is inside and what is outside of them. However, because she is a weak witch, these eaves can be easily dissembled by someone with the skill.

HISTORY

sorceress.jpg

1: Anlëann ] – Nyx used to be named Anlëann, the spirited, pretty daughter of a small farmer on the edges of Duskbright Forest. Like her aunt, young Ani always knew she was a little magical, and used her minor gifts to help out on the farm. She blossomed into a proud, compassionate young woman, and it was not long before she fell in love with the ranger's son, Arlen, a hunter himself, considered the most handsome lad for miles around, who had courted her sweetly for several months. They grew very close, practically inseparable, and were soon engaged, to the joy of local villagers, who deemed them a good match. Arlen and Ani's brothers began building a new house for them to move in to after the wedding, and everything seemed perfect.
[
2: The Duchess ] – The town of Vont in which Ani and her fiancée lived barely appeared on any maps, but it was located in the La'Comte duchy. The Duke had recently passed away under mysterious circumstances, and now his wife Ciana, who, unbeknownst to the public, was secretly a dark fae, seized power and traveled through her lands to make all her people swear allegiance to their new ruler. She never went as far as Vont, but the people of Vont were called to a larger town to the west, and there they traveled to pledge loyalty to Ciana La'Comte. Man after man stepped forward to her ornate pedestal and bent the knee, simple farmers, brave knights and wealthy merchants alike.
[
3: Arlen's Faith ] – But when Arlen came to swear, Ciana bid him rise, for she was struck by his handsomeness and youth. Ciana herself was known to be a very beautiful woman, with smoky chestnut eyes, a delicate jaw, full blood-red lips and tresses fair and shining, and she ordered him to her chambers that night, never expecting rebuttal when she attempted to seduce him. But Arlen was an extraordinary man, pure of heart, and refused to be separated from Anlëann, his true love to whom he had pledged fidelity. Incredulous, Ciana persisted that he had just pledged loyalty to her the Duchess and insisted that he be her consort; Arlen held that while her subject, he was a free man with the right to love whom he wished.
[
4: Vengeance ] – Furious at the rejection, Ciana banished him from her presence, but could not get his face out of her mind. In disguise, she traveled to Vont, and heard there that Arlen and Anlëann were being married in the church. Being a dark fae, she knew she could not step upon the holy ground, but nevertheless she spied on the proceedings through the windows, and thus saw the happy couple embrace and kiss. She set her eyes upon the young and pretty Anlëann and even though the simple peasant girl was no comparison to Ciana's glamorous allure, jealousy blossomed thick and black in the evil fae's heart. She was a formidable sorceress and a powerful duchess and the most beautiful woman in the duchy of La'Comte, and could not bear that this penniless farmer's daughter could have what she most desired. Thus she hatched a dark and cruel plan to separate the undeserving peasant from her Arlen forever.
[
5: The Boar ] – From the night of one full moon to the next, Ciana worked an evil enchantment, ancient and terrible, and in the forest of Duskbright an enormous, monstrous menace arose, fabricated of dark magic and totally under the sorceress's control. This beast was let loose to plague the townsfolk for miles around, and many great hunters, among them young Arlen, were sent to the Forest to dispose of the monster. Ciana engineered the hunt thus that Arlen would battle alone against the vicious shadowbeast, but just as he was about to fall defeated and wounded, a light mage, called by rumors of the calamity, came to his rescue and banished the evil spirits from the maddened boar, whereupon Arlen made the killing blow, and was hailed as a hero by his people. Ciana was frustrated that this tactic had not worked, but she had a backup plan that was even more terrible.
[
6: The Plan ] – The Duchess promptly ordered the handsome Arlen to appear in her court, and once there she honored him in front of her people for his duties to the realm. She also gifted him with a magnificent helm tipped with polished stag antlers and a cloak of bearskin, and claimed that there was some great peril in the Duskbright Forest not far from Vont that she needed him to eliminate. Now the faithful Arlen was suspicious when he heard this order, but he had no choice. With a heavy heart he said farewell to his dear wife Anlëann and departed to face the invented peril. Meanwhile, Anlëann stayed behind in Vont, anxious for the safe return of her husband. Since Arlen's hunts had always brought the food in, Anlëann was reduced to gathering berries, and grew meager with hunger as the weeks passed and Arlen vainly sought his fabled quarry. One dark day, the pretty young peasant woman was approached by a tall, dark hunter: the Duchess in disguise, though Ani could not know this. He came from whence Arlen had traveled and said he was a hunter and had met Ani's husband in the forest; he was well and had asked the strange hunter to bring his wife some food and an apology for the unexpectedly lengthy absence. Ani accepted the food with much gratefulness and when the hunter offered to teach her how to use a bow and arrow so that she might provide for herself should her husband be gone longer still, the peasant girl accepted with many thanks for his generosity.
[ 7: Anlëann's Greed ] – The hunter was very patient with his pupil, and they practiced until late afternoon in the woods, penetrating ever deeper into the south of the forest, and the darker the day became, the larger Ani's prey grew. From squirrels and rabbits they progressed to foxes and badgers, until finally dusk fell and Ani suggested they return home before nightfall; they had hunted a long time and accumulated enough food to last for many days. But the hunter insisted that she also slay a stag, to sell its hide for a fine profit. Deep in her gut, Anlëann knew no hunter stayed out past dark, but the thought of a great pair of antlers and a supple hide to sell at market made her throat dry with greed. So she followed the hunter deeper into the forest, the shadows becoming long and dark so that she could barely tell what moved not far in front of them.
[
8: Betrayal ] – Finally the dark fae in disguise sensed her victim nearby, and she whispered to Ani, "Can you hear him? It is a stag, I am certain; I hear his hooves galloping across the moss." Anlëann heard no stag, but she did not want to appear stupid after the hunter had spent so much time teaching her, so she said, "Aye, I hear him." The sorceress nodded eagerly, and muttered hoarsely: "He comes near, girl. Quick now, draw your arrow and let loose as soon as you see his great bone antlers, for if you hesitate a moment longer he will smell us … and begone." And hardly had she spoken the last word than that a great pronged shape with a shaggy hide loped out of the shadows, and Anlëann let her arrow fly, straight in the heart as the dark fae in her hunter's guise hat taught her … and with a tortured scream, Arlen the ranger's boy fell to the forest floor, dead. Keening and screaming with sorrow, Ani rushed to his side and held him in his honorary helmet and bear hide as he died, felled by her hand. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, oh I'm sorry, my love…" she whispered. Behind her the hunter loomed, with a smile so wicked and black-hearted that Arlen's eyes widened with realization, but when he opened his mouth no words came out, but for a trickle of blood. Frantically he tried to form words, and Ani saw him struggling with tears running down her fair cheeks, thinking that he was trying to profess to her his love one last time. And thus he died, a warning on his lips and Anlëann's arrow in his heart, in his weeping wife's arms.
[ 9: Enslavement ] – Thus carrying her husband's bloodstained corpse Anlëann returned to Vont and made her way to the Duchess's castle, weeping and lamenting all the way. Finally she managed an audience with the Duchess, who was outraged to see her greatest hunter felled. "What did this to him?" she demanded of his keening wife. "Who did this?" Ani could tell nothing other but the truth, as she knew the hunter had been witness; and thus she confessed to the Duchess Ciana La'Comte that she had slain her husband with her own arrow. Pretending shock and rage, Ciana called it murder and threatened to sentence Anlëann to death for her crimes. The horrified widow went to her knees begging the Duchess for forgiveness, and there in her private chambers Ciana changed into her true form, and told Ani that she was a sorceress. She told the mourning widow that if she would not face her punishment through execution, she would have to become Ciana's slave for as long as the Duchess lived, which could be hundreds and hundreds of years to come. The grieving Anlëann looked at her bloodstained hands and the cold blue face of her lost love and willingly relinquished her old identity to become someone entirely new: Nyxanne de L'Apatê, in service to the dark fae Ciana La'Comte.
[
10: The Gathering ] – Nyx has served Ciana for close to 40 years now, yet thanks to the longevity blessing of the dark magic which also enslaved her, appears about four times more youthful than her true human age. Ciana never hesitates to point out that the nature of the enchantment enslaving her is such that Nyx could free it by sacrificing her life as well, but Nyx cannot bring herself to throw her life away, even one without free will, and tells herself that serving Ciana is the only purpose she has left in life anyway. Ciana's last command was to send for Nyx to come to a gathering in the dark Forest to the east where the dark fae gather annually. The order was urgent and Nyx left immediately, knowing they would need her magic to help strengthen the considerable eaves they required to perform their ritual undisturbed. She would not be the only enslaved human there, but she was likely to be among those of the highest status.

Alright! It's the move day which means I am going to be GONE till maybe Wednesday. We hope we can get net up tomorrow but we doubt it'll be tonight. :<

When does my character get to do something?

You need to finish your sheet with what I asked for, music. You never did.

I worked some more on my char, got everything down except history xD Let me know if anything so far needs changing!

Quill, the main thing I am seeing that I need to let you know is that the dark fae are a whole people, not just one. They are led by a King and Queen.

Quill, the main thing I am seeing that I need to let you know is that the dark fae are a whole people, not just one. They are led by a King and Queen.

OK! Changing "the" to "a" ASAP xD

ok sorry...can you remind me what you wanted me to do because I am pretty sure that I fixed it