Sleeping Beauty, Waking Nightmare

Are we allowed to have pets? And can we make more then one character?

You may have a pet if you wish. What kind were you thinking?

Stick to one character for now, unless you have a really good reason to have two, and we will see how it goes for a second.

I was thinking about giving my character a pet wolf.

Also I was going to make both a good and a bad character if I could have two. But if you only want me to use one for now, I'll go with a good character.

Alrighty. What sorta character are you thinking? Minor or major, early start or late entry, and concept?

Have you ever seen the movie Princess Mononoke? I was going to kind of base my character from the main male character from that movie. But also make it to where he is able to use a little magic.

I'm a bit confused. This is a european fairy tale, remember. Even though it is set in an alternate universe, it is still based upon that. I'm assuming you are thinking to make a cursed character, as well? That part would be okay, depending on how you spun it. Give me a bit more of an idea?

Quick note to everyone. Killing and maiming is going to happen, but this isn't a killing contest. Keep it productive for the storyline and ask people permission before permanently maiming or killing a character. Certain characters need to survive to near end game to keep things going, so keep that in mind, too. Also keep in mind that, so long as you are posting consistently, if your character is killed off, you are more than welcome to make another.

I am thinking about calling my character SpurgesTurgeon. Anyways, he is a prince from a faw away kingdom who was cursed by a witch. He is a skilled fighter and a kind person. He is on a mission to try and find the witch that cursed him and force her to remove it. Until he is cured he is not allowed to return to his kingdom. He has a pet wolf who is one of his closest friends in the world who travels with him. also the wolf is large enough for him to ride. Spurges or whatever I end up naming him is able to talk to animals and knows how to use a little magic. However, he is not able to cure himself and that is why he must find the witch.

Is that starting to sound good or do you need more? Also if you don't like the name I am willing to change it.

I'm really not sure how he fits into the Sleeping Beauty plot, though.

I was thinking that maybe it could be that it was the Witch of the dark forest of Duskbright that cursed him?

And maybe the only cure is the true love of a princess? But I don't know? Maybe I should just make him a Woodsmen. LOL

Alright. So far, we have six to seven semi-confirmed to confirmed and a few tentative characters. Those who we are pretty sure are going to make up a core group are:

Pyra, the True Princess. She has no idea who she is but will be finding out at the beginning of the game and setting off on a journey to elude the dark fae while finding her way to her birth home.

Ashur, the Mercenary/best friend. He's suffering from the recent knowledge of the loss of his parents, but owes Pyra's family a debt of gratitude and accompanies her.

The Merchant. She's got a inside record of how the sleeping princess lived. She's going along to take care of some personal business.

The Princes. They are off to try and kiss a princess. Or something.
The pet, really a fae in disguise and Pyra's guardian. She's there to protect the princess (Pyra)when her "parents" no longer can.

Dolovhan, The Secret Agent, really a dark fae, trying to woo Pyra and take her to his side because of her dark, unknown secret.

A Jack-like character

Additional characters include

Laila, the witch of the Dark Forest
Some more dark fae

Well, we already have two princes, a ranger, and a woodsman. Just so you know. As for the witch, I'm not sure if TK is playing her as good or bad, and that still doesn't explain why he's with the princess.

Okay then scratch most of that then. He is a young knight around the age of 22 who was one of the knights at of the castle that everyone at now sleeps. The only reason that he is not sleeing is because he decided to play hooky so that he could go learn some magic from a traveling wizard. This happened when everything took place. So now he is on a quest to try and find a way to wake everyone up. Oh and maybe he has been cursed by the dark fea to where every night he transforms into a white wolf. This will continue to happen until the curse on the sleeping castle has been lifted.

Okay, so why is he with the princess?

And why would they ever curse him specifically if he was just a knight?

Well, it looks like none of my ideas are things you want so I am out of ideas. Still your Plot and Story are cool and amazing and I know that you will have fun but it looks like I can't come up with something that you want. So thanks for your time, but I think that I will just have to not join after all. :( I feel bad about that and I am sorry.

I'm sorry you don't feel it was for you. I hope you do find games to join!

A couple things:

The princess is unlikely to be telling many that she is the princess, so keep that in mind and have a good reason to know that she is the princess if your character knows. Otherwise, they can find out as the game progresses.

Thing two: We will have an extra horse and a supply mule. So one person who might otherwise be walking will be able to ride the spare horse.

Character name: Dolovhan "Vhan" Ahnsim
Personality: Suave and calculating, Vhan never seems to be ruffled by anything. He's planning the moves of everyone around him, predicting how they will act and what they will say and planning his actions carefully to suit this. Even when something does not go as expected, he adjusts easily and is never at a loss for words. His genuine self doesn't seem to be present, since his entire person appears to be a thickly applied mask over his entire person.

History: Under the employ of the unseelie court, Dolovhan has been around to protect them for a very long time. Most do not bother trying to remember what he was like in his youth, because he's always unsettled others with his chameleon abilities to change himself to suit a situation. Truth be told, he's happier that way and doesn't much like reminders of his childhood.

A young man when he boldly volunteered to be part of the elite guard for the court. They scoffed at him and he was not taken seriously at first, merely told to apply himself to his training and wait several years. On the surface, he seemed polite and understanding, though no one knew then to search those unforgiving eyes for a hint at the storm beneath. He apologized for his brashness and asked if they found him unsuitable, to which they claimed only that they had more experienced candidates who'd been working as vassals of the court for longer. That was the night that nearly every other candidate took missing or claimed to be no longer interested in the position. Dolovhan only offered a weak excuse that perhaps it was the doing of another candidate, but was nevertheless hired on. Since then, he has proven his meddle and it the cloaked dagger that the court uses for diplomatic persuasion.

Apperance:
2757500275_fffb02eda7.jpg

Combat Skills:
A silver tongue that serves him well for nearly every situation, he could talk his way out of nearly anything. He's persuasive and charming, but not to be trifled with in an argument.
When that won't do, Vhan is adept at blending with shadows and striking when none can see him. He is not built for true fighting and would lose in straight combat against nearly any man of comparable size, but he has deadly precision and a gift for stealth.

Okay, guys, really get your character sheets in ASAP. Especially Grumpy, Ozzie, and Ocha. Ocha, you don't have to have your second sheet done yet, but you need to get the Merchant's sheet ready.

Everyone else, if your sheet is NOT ready by the time the plot requires your character, your character will be written out. So get sheets done ASAP.

IMMA WITCH, I'll come up with a char sheet by tonight!