• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I ain't mad at you. I'm mad at the fact I got comfortable and believed they wouldn't find me again, and I'm mad they shot me in front of you-- fuck, I'm mad at them in general. I killed a bunch of 'em, Hazel. I... I think that shows how mad I was. I don't even like blood or violence. That's not my thing," he sighed, deciding that, if she was adamant she could deal with it, he would be as blunt as he liked. Frankly, he was exhausted, and hiding things from her hadn't been the best choice, on reflection.

Exhaling happily once he had the cigarette in his hand, he offered across a slow smile. The whole scene was bizarre and incredibly difficult, he knew that, but it didn't make him any less delighted to see her. "...I don't hate you, really. I just-- I wish I'd told 'ya, because you could have tried to find me and you wouldn't be dating some posh twerp and, instead of sitting five feet apart, we could... I dunno, I've missed you, a lot, and not being able to even hug you is a bitch, really. I'm still me, you know? I-I'll answer any question you have. Hell, I'll tell 'ya. I was born in that place, right? I got out at, like, 10, then met Nina and then you, and I kinda thought those guys at the facility were gonna leave me alone. There's a whole bunch of people they keep there-- not human, you know? They test on 'em and experiment and... this sounds like a fucking sci-fi movie, huh? It'd be hilarious if it wasn't happening to me, really..."

"What even is 'that place'? You make it sound like some suspicious, unknown lab working for the CSIS or something. Like, I really don't know how you can expect me to just be okay with the whole idea that you were dragged off to somewhere like that. Like, you and I are just a bunch of fuck ups, and like you said, there are a ton of other people this weird scifi bullshit establishment has, right? No offense, babe, but why would they want you?"

"... I'd give you a hug, yeah. You got to come over here, though. I'm fucking drunk, I can barely stand, and I feel like I'm going to puke up my organs. I've missed you, a lot. Did you think about me when you were in this weird underground network or whatever?"

"Hey, I'm fucking important to them! I'd rather not be, duh, but I am 'cause they're afraid I'll be like my folks and, I dunno, go massacre a few hundred people for food. Like I told 'em, I don't even like violence, but obviously they aren't believing me-- I wouldn't, either. Would you just let some monster out on the streets? I'm harmless, but they don't wanna risk it in case I go mad one night," he snorted, smirking to himself at the thought. He had been bullied terribly at high school, and he hadn't ever fought back, so the idea of him hurting some innocent person was ridiculous. Hell, Hazel had always fought his battles for him. He wanted to tell the scientists that and make them realise he really was harmless, but no amount of convincing would have got him out, hence the desperate resort to violence. After he did that, he realised that they'd definitely see him a monster now.

Immediately taking her up on the offer, he placed himself down on the boars beside her with the same smile glued to his face. Having tossed his bloodied shirt aside, he pressed inwards a little to sit up closer to her, before finally biting the bullet and wrapping his arms around her. "I obviously thought about you, dumbass. I know I'm making it sound like something from a movie, but it... it is, Hazel, fuck. It's creepy as hell and I... hey, you believe me, that's all I really needed. You can't ever call me boring, you know? I... at least bring some excitement into your life-- but hey, if it makes you feel better, I can't really die, so if another bullet goes flying into my brain and I disappear again, you'll know that I'm alive."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Do you age? Like, are you going to be three hundred year old man, hunched over in a wheelchair?" She asked, while happily nuzzling closer into him, wiping her tears away. "What do you mean, massacre everyone? Do... D-Do you eat humans? Vic, that's pretty fucked up. Like, what even are you? Does your 'species', I guess? Does it have, like, a name? Vampire, or something?"

As she spoke, she squirmed a tad. The idea of, at any point, being torn to pieces by a guy she cared about made her stomach sink. It wasn't that she wouldn't put up a fight, just the fact that she had to fight him at all was worrying. "... Jeez."