Shattered Horizon OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guard captain isn't jumping from the sky and falling down before attack though. He's attacking Jacts from the sky with magical lightning, which you didn't respond to?

Guess it wasn't too clear with this though, so I apologize for that. Basically, the captain is in the air and he's swinging downwards in Jacts's direction, with the lightning being the thing that actually falls down.
What goes up must come down, I assumed that the captain was planning on hitting Jacts with the nunchucks too, which would mean that the captain wouldhave to be landing directly in front of Jacts, cause unless he's a flyer, he has to land.

I didn't respond to the magical lightning directly, as Jacts quickly left the area by vaulting backwards far away from where he was, positioning his wall at the place he was.
... z ____
....z / .......\
i |z /.............\i

i = Jacts( at his previous position and Guard
| = magical wall
/_\ = Assumed parabolic path of Guard Cptn.
z= lightning

That's how I imagined it from description - other guard magic

edit: the graph isn't showing up right, let me try and fix it xD

edit x2: Had to use "." for spaces to get it to behave x.x

The thing is, though, that the magical projectiles will have reached Jacts BEFORE the captain landed and his three spearbros came in. So even if the lightning was evaded by moving horizontally, there's still a variety of other things.

It's like how people fire off waves of arrows while the cavalry charges at the enemy. The arrows will always hit before the cavalry smashes in.

Doesn't matter if it landed before, Jacts power-vaulted backwards and placed his wall and smoke bombs before anything even got to his position.
Power-vault as in super duper talentium-powered leap that would have put him at the max range of his wall, so he'd currently be at a stance waiting for either the guard captain or spearbros to be charging him at that moment, which is why he drew his sword.

Edit:
Oh wait the other projectiles, I see... for some reason I felt they were released after the captain charged.

Edit x2:
Yeah, you talked about the captain attacking BEFORE the others fired their weapons, so I took that as in he was the first to be there, I'll just edit it.

TOO MUCH CONFUSION IN THE WORDING

Edit x3: Edited IC post, now he's just being a dick

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ehb Noooooo! My Ninja Elf Maid, please don't go... :'(

On a serious note, good luck on your new job! Hope to see you soon when things settle down!

Edit x2:
Yeah, you talked about the captain attacking BEFORE the others fired their weapons, so I took that as in he was the first to be there, I'll just edit it.

TOO MUCH CONFUSION IN THE WORDING

Edit x3: Edited IC post, now he's just being a dick
I didn't say that the captain attacked before the others fired though, just that, further back, the guards were firing.

@ERode
It's about a week into my new job, and I keep on coming home feeling tired out. After thinking about it, I don't think I can give this RP the attention it needs given the posting cycle. So, instead of holding things up, I'll unfortunately say I'll have to set this one down. I apologize for the trouble this might cause.

For Elaina, feel free to NPC-ize her or Kill her off trying to free Agatha and Co. or whenever convenient.

It's too bad that you had to leave before we had a chance to play together :( I hope things settle down for you soon and you're able to come back :)

Soooo~ @Warm Regret , do you fancy posting again in the IC as Tulian's response to @Psyker Landshark 's post? :3 If yes, I will post again as Agatha in response.

@Izurich @Psyker Landshark @Warm Regret
Alright, it's a bit of a retcon, but...

You three, and basically everyone downstairs, should be able to hear Myriel taking Erantus hostage now, and all that.

@Click This
Post pleb.

@Wayward Killjoy
If you have time, it might be better if we did a quick collab. The basic idea, though, is that the three spearmen are charging up their Skills, which are all instant gap closers. The captain is using his Arts to pressure Jacts in super close range, and any time Jacts does a really big jump, one of the spearmen will use their Skill and try to skewer him from a blind spot.

@Skyswimsky
Roll motherfucker roll.

I donteven know what I am rolling on yet BUT ILL DO IT.

Ouch.

Rest in peace, Skys.

You three, and basically everyone downstairs, should be able to hear Myriel taking Erantus hostage now, and all that.

@Click This
Post pleb.

@Wayward Killjoy
If you have time, it might be better if we did a quick collab. The basic idea, though, is that the three spearmen are charging up their Skills, which are all instant gap closers. The captain is using his Arts to pressure Jacts in super close range, and any time Jacts does a really big jump, one of the spearmen will use their Skill and try to skewer him from a blind spot.

@Skyswimsky
Roll motherfucker roll.

For clarity, can you give me some more details about where Tulian, Alexa and Agatha are being held? I just have an idea for IC but not sure if it will work based on the setting. The slaves are being held in a wooden room but is the floor wooden as well? Also, the part of the ceiling where the cages come up and down, does that area stay open or does it close off somehow when the cages are in position? Thanks! ^_^

@ERode

Floor is indeed wooden. And yeah, the holes the cages go up from are sealed after the cages go up.

@Click This
Post pleb.

@Wayward Killjoy

@Skyswimsky
Roll motherfucker roll.
Alrighty, I'll PM you part of a response and we can go from there, I'm busy most of today so it'll be later tonight and throughout tomorrow hopefully.

Okay then~ knowing this, I will post after @Warm Regret posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.