Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"IT IS REAL!" Argus spun her around, gripped her head, and forced her to look at the beast that was before her. "All those pills, all those doctors who thought they could 'cure' you. All of it was for nothing, because my dear this is your gift. THIS is who you are, and no amount of medication can make that go away. Now stop your fucking sniveling and get up!" he roared at her.

She could move, her legs were like jelly and her mind couldn't handle the reality of all this. "Make it s stop." she whimpered.

"RAAAHHHHH!" the shadow let out an inhuman scream and started to charge.

"Hey! Do you mind I'm trying to help this poor lady out." Argus growled. A flame shot from his hand and knocked the monster to the ground. "Don't you see Naomi? It's not going to stop, ever. Unless you reach your full potential, then these shadows will hunt you down until the day you die." he took a sick joy in explaining her possible death.

"Now get up and-" *BOOM!* A black flame exploded on contact with Argus's back, leaving his back burned and scared. "OKAY FINE! I'm done with you buddy, you have out stated your welcome. This suit cost a lot of money and you burned a whole in it." a huge flame erupted from Argus's hand.

*BOOM!*

A flame engulfed the beast and it was turned to ash in a matter of seconds. "Ow fuck that hurt!" the demon groaned. "Come on get up, I need medical attention. I know you have more questions but could we go some where? Maybe your place." he inhaled in pain.

Despite Argus's urging, Naomi hadn't been able to leave the spot she stood in. She stared at both he and the monster ahead--mostly the monster, since it was much larger--with a familiar fear. The same one she felt when she'd first saw a particularly large shadow at her window one night. She'd only been a little girl. And, there it was, staring at her window, eyes bulbous and glowing. She'd covered her head with her blankets, telling herself it would go away... She screamed again, noticing the thing charging at them both. But, suddenly, the large shadow erupted in flames, falling to the ground in ashes. Naomi sank to her knees, absolutely breathless. And speechless. She felt her body quaking, shaking from the inside out. This couldn't be real. None of this could be real. She was losing it again. Losing it so hard that she wasnt even certain she was awake... Looking to Argus, she started to step away. That step turned into a few more steps.... And then, finally, it broke into a run. She ran passed the ailing man. Passed the pile of ashes. Out of the corridor, towards her home. She couldn't do this. This wasn't real... It wasn't real. She had to be sleeping or hallucinating or something... If she could just get home. If she could just get home, everything would be okay.

Once the woman arrived at her apartment, Naomi slammed the door closed behind her. She breathed heavily from the effort of running home, and cast her jacket onto the floor. Running to her nightstand, she grabbed for her bottle of pills and shoved a few in her mouth, nearly choking on them as they went down.

"No wait it isn't safe!" Argus called after to her, but didn't get very far due to his injuries. "Naomi! Ugh... They'll find you! You need me!" he winced. He watched as she quickly disappeared down the corridor. "I'll find you..." he said to himself.

*SLAM!* He heard the door shut and Naomi scramble through her things in a panic. Then, came the heavy breathing and the crying all things that were red flags to him.

Kofi.jpg

"Naomi you ok!" he called from his room.
No response just more heavy crying not a good sign. He got out of bed and stumbled into her room.
"Hey, what happened?" he said rubbing his eyes.
"G Get away from me!" she screamed.
"Naomi it's me Kevin. You know the guy who has been living with you for the past four years?" he slowly stared to move toward her.
"Don't take another step towards me!" she screamed.
"Are you having another like... episode? Did you take your pills?" he continued to walk towards her.
"Don't!"
"Naomi, come on I'm not some voodoo demon coming to eat your eyes or whatever." he sat down next to her, and put his arm around her. "I'm the same talent scout slash promoter slash DJ slash friend you always knew me as. Now calm the fuck down and tell me what happened. Did one show up and start looking at you while you were on the toilet again? Man these fuckers have no manors." he tried to make her laugh a little.​

Laying on her side, head as far beneath the covers as she could make it, Naomi clenched her sheets as tightly as she could. Well... She'd certainly gotten the answers she'd been searching for, but they were far from anything that she'd needed to hear. Demons... What kind of person would tell her that!? Maybe she'd hallucinated the entire thing. The man she'd seen. The restaurant. The dinner had seemed too good to be true. Flinching at the thought, Naomi dug further into her sheets... She'd slammed as many as those pills as she could and she was starting to feel a little woozy because of it. To make matters worse, she could hear the vague sound of ... chanting? It was distant and soft... something at the peripheral of her mind. Easily drowned out when she heard a familiar voice approach. A warm presence sat down next to her huddled form. At first Naomi screamed at him, but... once she realised who it was, she calmed... However, she stayed covered by her blankets. It was the only way that she felt safe. Sitting up beside him, still hidden beneath her sheets, she looked much like a budget-Halloween ghost. She took comfort in Kevin's presence, though. Sighing, she rested her covered head against his shoulder... or... where she thought his shoulder was, at least. "Yeah... Yeah, it came back. Worse than ever today. ... I guess I got too excited about the audition I was supposed to go to. I got so excited about it that... my mind decided to screw me over. ... As always." She sighed, recalling that she'd also screwed up that opportunity today as well. "I... it was so vivid this time, Kev. I saw a man. One with the strangest eyes... He explained what I had. Something about a gift. Being able to see demons. ...What kind of gift is that?" She flinched, shaking her head... "I.. I just want to go to sleep. This night has to end."​

Kevin smiled "I dunna know having the ability to see the evil in people would be kind of nice. I would let you know who talk to, who not to talk to, who to trust, who not to trust, in your case who to bang and who not to bang." he laughed.

"Shut up!" she gave him a small punch.

"All I'm sayin is if you do have these crazy powers, which I'm sure you don't,... maybe there is more then one way to look at it. People can be demons to Naomi, and I would give anything to search out the sharks in the crowd."

"Mmmmhmmm." she replied half awake.

"Did you take to many pills again? Look after last time, where you through up all over my car, I'm not driving you to the hospital again. You hear me!"

"I'm.... fine."

"Yeah you better be... Good night Naomi, try not to sleep through your alarm... again." he chuckled a bit and closed the door to her room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naomi's dreams were plagued by shadows, biting, hissing, scratching at her. They surrounded her like a blanket and suffocated her all the same. The pulled her further down into the darkness laughing and staring with their blank eyes. The kept pulling her until there was no light left, no hope, and no air. She scratched and clawed trying to find someway out, but to no effect. An unbridled feeling of terror washed over her as she began to gasp for air. White eyes watched as she fell to the floor and they began to chant "Die! Die! Die!" all around her. Her gasps became shorter and shorter as the chanting got faster and faster. Was this how she was going to die, lost in darkness gasping for air? "DIE! DIE! DIE!" the chanting was now just a blur of words. Naomi looked to her left, and her eyes went wide with horror.

tumblr_inline_mnwj0njLn91qz4rgp.gif

"Hello." the being spoke in a hushed tone. Then it just stared at her, twitching at random times. "Breath" it spoke again.​

Naomi found herself immensely comforted by Kevin's presence. Though she didn't have feelings for him in that way, she certainly wouldn't have minded him sleeping next to her for the night. If only to remind her that she wasnt crazy and there was such a thing as normalcy in her life. She sighed, though, realising that he'd have to return to his room soon and leave her alone with her insanity. Shaking her head, she laid down and tried to close her eyes... Things couldn't get too terrible. They'd already gotten so bad today. How could they get worse?

Naomi quickly found the answer to that question!
In this latest nightmare, she found herself literally drowning in an endless darkness. It was a familiar scene... but far more violent than any other she'd encountered. Why was this all compounding on itself at once? Why were her visions becoming so vivid all of a sudden? Everything was so wrong... Just when everythung was going right with her life. Clutching her head, she tried to scream, but no sound came from her lips. Her lungs were filled with something that wasn't air and she felt herself choking on it, slowly fading into the darkness that surrounded her body. She shook and convulsed a little, tears streaming from her eyes as she looked into the distance at nothing in particular... Until a figure formed in front of her. Dark... Just like the rest.... But his voice was so much louder. It spoke at her, rather than to her. Commanding her to do something that she knew she couldn't. She looked at the figure cheerfully. I can't... I c-can't She thought, unsure if it could hear her at all... But that was all she could respond with. Everytime she opened her mouth, she felt her lungs shrink under the power of whatever was suffocating her.​

Slowly the figure walked up to her as she went in and out of consciousness "I can see your future." he spoke. She could only see his feet as her body had given up on moving. "I can see your future." it spoke again. Suddenly everything went black, and in the distance she could make out a face. "You're going to die..." it whispered.

"I can't h hear you." she thought.

The face just stared at her for a second, but then it lunged at her. "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" it screamed.

latest

Naomi felt her heart stop when she saw the grotesque face jump at her. The eyes in his palms rolled around as he laughed and laughed at her terror. "YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THAT FOOL ARGUS! I'M COMING FOR YOU MISS SEER AND I'LL BE THERE REAL SOON! JUST KEEP RUNNING FROM YOUR FEARS AND PRETENDING WE AREN'T REAL, IT WILL MAKE YOU ALL THE EASIER TO TAKE! SO CHOKE DOWN THOSE PILLS AND COUNT DOWN THE DAYS, BECAUSE VERY SOON YOU'LL BE OURS!" he screamed and screamed. He straddled Naomi and stared to jostle her "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP NAOMI!" he screamed at her. "COME ON WAKE THE FUCK UP!"​

Naomi's eyes were already wet with tears when the horror she experienced finally stilled her heart. When she saw the distorted face come closer, she wanted to scream. She wanted to yell... but everything was gone. Her throat was tightened and absolutely useless to her. No noise rose from her as the figure laughed and laughed at her, refusing to relieve the absolute terror she felt. Yet, as she stared at the figure, the eyes in its palms twitching and rolling indiscriminately, she couldn't help feeling as though she'd seen them before... In her childhood... She'd run from this monster before. She'd run from him so many times... Suddenly feeling as though she were that same little girl again, Naomi felt more tears come to her eyes. She stared at the figure... accepting her fate...

When she heard his words suddenly switch, Naomi realised that she'd opened her eyes again. Still catatonic, the woman felt herself being shaken, but couldn't respond any further. She simply stared into the space in front of her, tears running down her face. Her eyes were still wide with fear and her mind was caught somewhere between reality and the nightmare. Despite being awake, Naomi was just so frightened that she wasnt even certain what was real... All she could do was hold onto a word. The only thing the voice had said that sounded familiar... "Argus..." Staring into nothing, she uttered his name quietly. "A-... Argus..." Her heart was still beating wildly in her chest, sweat pouring from her skin... Her voice was weak. "...argus..."​

Kevin woke up to the sound if someone gasping for air. "Naomi?" He was still half awake. Then it hit him "Naomi!" He raced to her room. She was convulsing, as her lungs struggled for air.

He jumped on her bed and tried to get her to wake up. "Come on wake up! Wake up! Wake the fuck up!" He shook her in attempt to get her to come to.

"Argus." She finally spoke. Her vague expression lead to the fear in her eyes.

"Who?" Kevin relied

"Argus" she spoke again softly.

"Who the fuck is Argus?"

"I am." A sullen voice spoke from behind Kevin.

"How did you get in here!"

"Sleep!" The demon waved his had hand and Kevin fell to the floor. Argus rushed over to Naomi and looked her over. "Naomi can you hear you?" He snapped his fingers to get her attension, but she just kept chanting his name. He leaned down beside her and whispered "Naomi follow my voice and come back to me."

The woman took a huge gasp of air as her back arched. She let out this awful scream and began sobbing. "Naomi what happened? What did you see?"

Barely out of her thoughts, Naomi wasn't at all aware of Argus's sudden presence, nor his small scuffle with Kevin. Her body was completely stiff as her eyes stared into the space ahead, seeing absolutely nothing familiar. All she saw was the blackness of her room... and the after images of the eyes that were staring at her. The familiarity that she felt from the image refused to go away... She was that little girl again. Stuck with her head covered by blankets and a fear that shook her to her core. She squirmed away from the hands that held her, screaming for her to wake up. She couldn't. She couldn't move from where she was or the monster would get her... They'd taken her mother away. They'd seized her one night when the voices had gotten exceptionally loud... Naomi remembered the woman's arms around her, trying to console her... when they were suddenly ripped away. When the morning finally came, she'd found her mother at the foot of the stairs... Eyes plucked straight from her skull. The police had ruled it a homicide. Unsolved and forever to remain that way....

Eyes snapping to reality when her mother's image reappeared, Naomi gasped for breath. No sooner had she done that did she give way to choked sobs. Hiding in the arms of whomever was in front of her, she cried, her entire body shaking. "It's back! It's back again... The thing with eyes in its h-hands!", Naomi covered her face as she felt more tears come, leaving her face raw with salt and wetness. Her throat hurt with how heavily she'd cried over the past few hours. But at least Kevin was with her. At least she had someone... It wasn't for a few moments that Naomi noticed that something about 'Kevin' was wrong, though... His build wasn't the same. He hardly even smelled familiar. Pulling away a little, Naomi was stunned to find that Kevin wasn't with her at all. "...argus?", she questioned him quietly. Part of her was convinced that the man was after her for nefarious reasons... But what the grotesque shadow had said to her made her question those thoughts. It told her that she should have listened to him... As if he were on her side. ..."Why... why are you trying to help me? You're one of them... You... You want my eyes too, don't you..."​

• Love
Reactions: Tone 6th
The man let out a sigh "What I want-" he stopped and looked at Naomi, her bright blue eyes pierced his red ones. "Yes Naomi I want your eyes. Like all the shadows you've seen, like the thing in your dreams, like all those years ago I want your eyes." his voice was firm and genuine. She pulled away from him out of a small feeling of fear. "But unlike these beasts I don't want to just take them. I didn't show myself to you so I could just yank them out of your head, any lowly demon can do that. I'm here to help you understand what you have, the power you hold, and what you can do with it." he didn't talk in the slick manor she was used to hearing from him. "I know how much of a burden this kind of power can be. You feel trapped, scared, and crazy for telling anyone what you see. You decide to someone what you've seen, you think they'll understand, and you trust them. Only they don't understand, and they call you crazy, and they send you away to an asylum some where, and they never come back because you're cursed." for a quick second Naomi thought she saw a tear run down his cheek. "And then you get these." her bottle of pills appeared in his hand. "Doctors don't know what's wrong with you so they drug you and toss you back out into this cruel world. These won't help you Naomi, they only make you blind to the world around you." he set the bottle ablaze.

"What are you doing! I need those!" she reached for them in a panic.

"No you don't! Haven't you been listening! These are the worst things for a seer to have, they blind you to whats around you." he spoke firmly again. "When I said I was here to protect you, I wasn't lying. I'm here to mentor you, and teach you about the power you truly hold."

Staring at the man... demon... or being... for the duration of his words, Naomi felt a little bit of normalcy return. Though not truthfully... She knew from this moment on, that nothing would ever be the same again... And she wanted so badly to hide from it. She wanted nothing more than the ability to shy away from this responsibility that was suddenly being forced upon her. And... Argus's admission to his true intentions wasn't exactly helpful. Hearing him admit that he was after her eyes as well, she couldn't help but pull away. Pushing him away from her slightly, she scooted herself backwards in her bed. Slowly crawling backward, she crept as far backward from Argus as she could, taking comfort in the blanket around her shoulders. Looking to him with worried, wide eyes, she shook her head. "I don't understand.... Why are you helping me destroy you own kind? How.. How do I know this isn't a trick?", flinching, Naomi hoped that these questions wouldn't draw anger from him. She'd seen the man upset with her before... But this talk of protecting her... while also wanting something from her. It just left her so confused... Not to mention the strange sentimentality to his voice... It was almost as if he'd experienced all of this before.​

"My dear just because I'm a demon doesn't mean I care the 'others' of my kind. The demon world is very dog eat dog eat you know." his humor returned, but only for an instant. "There isn't really an easy way of saying this, but..... I used to be a seer just like you. I was haunted by the same monster you are, it's name is Arcanum. It hunts seers, takes their eyes, and uses them for itself. He has an entire collection of them spanning thousands of year, and the bastard made my life a living hell. Took my wife, my daughter, hell even my dog, and all for my eyes."

"I don't understand, you said you were demon. I was under the impression that only humans had this 'gift'. Plus you still have your eyes."

"Yeah well we all start out as humans right? I just chose a path that could help me get my revenge, a darker path, but a path none the less. As for my eyes, well demonic magic can do wonders for the body. However, these are just replacements-"

"So he took yours?"

"Yup, and with these I lost my gift." he pointed to his eyes. "So to answer your question I'm not helping my own 'kind', and your question about me tricking you. Naomi if I wanted to take your eyes I would have burnt your body to a crisp, and taken them by now. I could have let that shadow kill you in the alleyway, but I didn't. Which thanks for helping me out with my back by the way, luckily demons heal pretty quickly."

Naomi's lips parted a little as she processed all that Argus admitted to her. She felt guilty almost immediately for the way she'd treated him... yet somewhat justified, given how little she'd really known about all of this. She shook her head regardless. "I'm... I'm sorry for leaving you to fend for yourself, but... I was scared. Scared shit-less, honestly... I-... I've never experienced anything like this before." The woman sighed, realising that her words weren't truthful. "Well.... I ... I have. I've encountered that.. monster before. When I was younger. I ... I guess he's the one that took my mother from me", Naomi felt herself withdraw a little more inter herself. Bringing her legs up, she hugged them closely, burying her face in her knees. "Why did this have to be me? Why.. why why", she spoke to herself, cursing herself, rather than actually asking the question...

Argus's story did help her find comfort in this. At the very least she wasn't alone.. and she did have someone to trust. But it didn't exactly better her situation. There was still some demonic monster after her, waiting to pull her eyes. The same psychotic thing that had ruined her early life, ripped her mother from her life, and destroyed Argus's life as well... But, she did have an ally in this. Naomi finally looked up from her corner of the bed. "And... what happens if I fail? Will I become like you or... will I just die?"​

"If you choose to give your soul up for revenge then yes my dear you will become exactly like me, a demon with the power over fire and time. Endlessly searching for the next seer only to have her play with your heart, and leave one of your best suits in tatters ." he tried to make her laugh a little. "You won't fail Naomi, not while I'm here. I've been around the block one or twice and I like to think I have a fairly good idea of what I'm doing. Now if you choose to just stay under the covers and do nothing about the situation, then yes you will die a very horrible and painful death. However, I don't see you as the kind of woman who is just going to let some overgrown shadow put his hands on your bright blue peepers." he moved up the bed toward her. "So how about it Naomi, will you have me as your guardian?" he put his hand out for a her to shake it. "I mean I'm a pretty wicked cook." he laughed a little.

Naomi wasn't exactly inclined to laugh.. given everything she'd gone through today, the woman was just exhausted. She hadn't even been able to sleep properly. Yet, something about his little joke did at least provoke a small smile from her. Her gaze went to meet his and she smiled minimally for a few moments before giving a curt sigh. Her gaze fell to the sheets below her. "Well... I suppose I don't really have a choice, do I? ... I'd rather not have my eyes torn out. And... I don't think I'd make a very good demon either", Bringing up the tiny, silver cross she wore around her neck, she gave a sad chuckle... She knew it wouldn't protect her from what was coming. But, her mother had believed it would... And she'd continue to wear it to honour the woman, despite how misguided the belief was. Gripping the tiny thing tightly, she felt Argus come a bit closer. Looking at his hand, she gave a small nod, but didn't reach out to take it. She was still apprehensive.. but she had to give the man a chance. He was the only chance she had, really. "I... I'll trust you, Argus. ...But. Hey, I did you a favor... That suit was pretty gaudy" With a small smile, Naomi tried to bring back the parts of herself that this ordeal had taken from her. She knew that this would be a harrowing experience... It would be best to get what levity she could from it at times...​

Argus retracted his hand "Thank you, and my suits aren't gaudy....are they? A crisis for another time." he smiled. "Now I'm going to do something very special for that most people would only dream of getting."

"What's that?"

"A full nights rest." he brought his hand up to the clock on her bedside table, and moved counter clockwise. The hands of clock slowly turned backwards until they reached 10:00, about the time she went to bed. "There we go." but then he felt something went on his hand.

"Argus, your nose. Are you bleeding?"

He quickly brought his hand up to his face "It's alright, this happens when I over do it. Turning back the clock isn't easy, for now though get some rest."

"I'm not sure I can sleep."

"Trust me you will. Once your head hits that pillow you'll be out like a light, no nightmares, no shadow gods, just a good night's sleep. And tomorrow when you wake up just go through your daily motions like nothing happened. Get up, eat breakfast, chit chat with Kevin for a bit before he leaves for work, watch TV, read a book, pick out your outfit for work, go to work, and make that sweet money. Then, once all that is over change into some regular clothes and meet me at the cafe just down the street from the club. We will start your training from there." he smiled before getting up, and picking up Kevin off of the ground. "Man this guy is heavier then he looks. I'll just drop him in his room on my way out, and if you need me just call me. Oh or like you did to night just chant my name a few times and I will appear instantly. Alright have a good night you beautiful sexy fox." he couldn't help but make a pass at her.

Naomi couldn't help expressing some concern when Argus quite literally tired himself out. She offered to fetch a napkin for his nose, but the instant she tried to move her feet, she realised just how heavy her entire body felt. She really was beyond exhausted. But, given the events of these past few hours, it only seemed natural. She was a little skeptical about putting her head down to sleep, given how it had ended last time. But, before she could really argue--or even notice that Kevin had been unconscious on her floor the entire time--her eyelids fell heavy over her eyes and she collapsed into her bed. She fell into a deep slumber... but not deep enough for her to completely miss that last comment he'd made. Giving a small growl at the man for insinuating about her looks, she made an imaginary swipe at him.. despite him being all the way across the room. Shortly afterward, though, she fell asleep.

The rest she received was more than restful. She even woke up a bit earlier than usual, with enough time to spare to make she and Kevin a nice outfit. The next morning, her poor roommate seemed a little confused about what may or may not have occurred last night. Naomi tried to be as truthful with him as she could, but at the mention of 'demons' and such things, Kevin expressed an understandable amount of skepticism. He suggested that she stay on her meds, to which she solemnly agreed, deciding not to bring up the subject again. Hopefully this... 'training' would go well enough that she wouldn't have to worry about explaining more of this to anyone. It only seemed to push people away. Even those that cared about her most... The day passed fairly smoothly, with little hiccups in between. Given how rested she was, Naomi was able to get much more done than usual. She even gave thought to putting in for another audition... but she wasn't certain how exactly she would go about scheduling that. Given the fact that she'd be training to fight demons--Naomi could hardly believe such a thing was in her vocabulary now--she wasn't really sure how to schedule her days now. Thankfully she worked at such strange hours that most of her day was open... Once her night was over, Naomi headed over to the cafe that Argus had specified, just as he'd said. She was dressed in normal street clothes--having gone out of her way to make herself look as unattractive as possible. She'd done pretty well on that front.... A baggy sweatshirt and jeans that she'd used to paint her apartment a couple years ago. Everything was hanging off of her in unflattering ways--just as she'd intended. She was practically unrecognisable to the outside world. Ordering herself a coffee, she went to sit in one of the small lounge chairs and waited for a certain 'eccentric' to show up.​

Naomi looked down at her coffee for just a second. "Well don't we look cute." Argu's teased. Naomi jumped at the sound of his voice, she looked up and there he was sitting across from her.

"How did you?"

"Oh come now Naomi, I'm an all powerful demon. I'm not limited to what humans call reality, there are short cuts every where." he took a sip of his own coffee. "You just have to know where to look, and speaking of looking are you ready to begin your training?"

"You mean right here? Should I be like around shadows or something?"

"Nope. We can do this right here, besides I don't want my coffee getting cold. Alright so who do we have to work with hmmmmm." he spun around in his chair and looked at the other shop goers. "Ah there we go." he pointed to a guy on his laptop. "So what I want you to do is read this guys aura. He's off in la la land on his laptop, so seeing his aura should be pretty easy." he said enthusiastically.

"How do I...?"

"Oh right the possess, so close your eyes. Shut out all the other noises, and just listen to my voice." he scooted his chair closer to her. He rubbed his hands together and placed them on either side of her head. "Then, I want you to look inside this guy, into his heart, and there you will find his soul. I want you to picture it as an orb, and I want you to tell me what the color of that orb is." with out her knocking her began to feed his own energy into her, just give her an extra boost.

Naomi had no doubts that Argus was powerful... She just wished that he would at least... warn her when he did impossible things like that. Hearing his instruction, her gaze went over to the man that he'd described. She looked at him for a while, arching a brow at his instructions. "But... wait. How am I supposed to 'see' if my eyes are closed? Aren't my eyes the key here?", looking back to Argus curiously. The demon just chuckled, urging her to trust him on this one. Naomi jumped a little when she felt his hands against her temples. Oblivious to the energy that he was feeding her, she continued to sit there with a strange expression on her face... Before long, she sighed, deciding that she really didn't have anything to lose in this situation. So, despite her skepticism, she shut her eyes and focused in the direction of the man. Head tilting a little, she kept her eyes shut for quite sometime... And nothing happened. She tried to envision what the world looked like, but nothing came... Time started to pass slowly, Naomi focusing and focusing as hard as she could. Before long, fifteen minutes had passed. And, despite her deep concentration, nothing in her vision changed. Eventually, she gave a frustrated sigh--which caused something strange to happen. Quite suddenly, with no warning at all, the stranger's laptop slammed shut... Naomi, still keeping her eyes closed, wasn't aware of any of this. The bewildered stranger checked his laptop's hinges. In the meantime, Naomi finally opened her eyes and looked up at the demon with a groan. "I don't know what you're talking about. I can't see anything except for the back of my eyelids!"​

Status
Not open for further replies.