Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argus laid back down and pulled her into his chest so that her head was on top of it. "I... won't.... lose you to...." he said as his eyes started to flutter shut. To Argus it felt right holding on to her so tightly, almost like she was meant to be there "You're...... very kind....." was the last thing before he fell asleep. Naomi shut her eyes, and fell into sleep.

There was a quick flash of light, and then he appeared.

tumblr_mdgmlenTyA1qfz3mzo1_500.gif

"Hello again little one. Are you having fun with your gift?" he smiled, and looked at her with his pinhole eyes. "I see that you manged to best one of my many minions, well bravo." he clapped slowly. "Well let's be honest that idiot demon did most of the work, you just kind of sat there and whimpered in the face of death." he laughed. "You whimpered just like your mother did when I took her eyes, and I'll let you in on a secret..." everything went black, then back to white and he was right beside her. "I didn't even need to kill her, I could have just put her to sleep if I wanted... but where is the fun in that?" he chuckled. There was a pause as he just stared at her "You look so much like her, it's actually haunting." he laughed.

Naomi tried to run, she tried to get away, but she couldn't move. Her eyes darted around in terror, and Argus's name was caught at the back of her throat. Suddenly she felt a dozen hands grab her arms and legs. They pulled her tight, but the monster just looked at her, smiling , then she felt two the hands grope at her breasts. Her eyes went wide, and she tried to scream, but nothing came out. The hands let go, and the monster laughed. "Humans are so easy to disturb, like when I would come visit you at the asylum when the idiot was out fighting your battles." he stepped closer. "Do you remember Naomi? The fun we would have together, the dark worlds I took you to? The sleepless weeks we had together, the sleep rings around your eyes? You crying out for help, for death, begging for it all to stop, and how I would never let it end? Oh but you came so close when you took that knife to your own throat, but I couldn't let you go." he placed a hand her chin, it was like the coldest ice was biting at her skin. "Don't worry we'll visit that place again real soon, and then you will find yourself begging me to take your eyes, to tare them from your skull." he spoke without moving his mouth. "For now just stay asleep in your bed with a man you know nothing about, but then again you do that a lot don't you!" he laughed and laughed. "By the way you're rooms looking at little messy!"​

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi didn't mind the closeness at all. In fact, she just seemed a little surprised by it... Argus, however, was able to get very close to her without any apprehensions. He was comfortable with her in his arms and fell asleep almost immediately upon getting settled. Naomi merely smiled, glad she could provide some solace for someone that had been fighting for her for so long... but she wasn't sure how to treat him back. She made no move to cuddle or coddle him. In fact, the intimacy of his embrace was so... foreign, that she merely laid there, unsure of what more to do. She stared up at the ceiling for a while... until she was finally granted the luxury of sleep.

Unfortunately it wasn't for very long....
Once more, her dreams were visited by another nightmarish landscape. Opening her eyes to the darkness, Naomi's heart clenched immediately when she recognised that she was no longer in the safety of her bedroom. Argus had gone. Everything had gone. She was alone again... Though not entirely. Before she knew it, a familiar figure appeared. Shadowy and... ever smiling. Naomi wanted so badly to scream, but her throat had no power. Her lungs held no air. Her muscles were not hers to control. All she could do was watch and listen. Listen to the quiet of his voice and feel the assault of hands on her body. She did her best to struggle against the hands that held her down. Her body twisted and wriggled against their strength, but none would set her free. When she felt them exploring her chest, her writhing only became more violent. She was desperate. Though her body responded positively to the touches and gropes, she didn't want this! As she struggled to get free, she managed to pry open her cemented lips... against whatever had compelled her to stay silent.

"Please! Let me go! Ahh-... I! I just want peace! For once in my life! Leave me alone!" She cried out loudly. The instant she spoke, what seemed like a wave pulsed through the room. The hands that held her down were suddenly shoved off of her body. Unfortunately, she was still unable to move. She breathed heavily, chest rising and falling quickly as she looked over at the monster beside her. "I.. I just want peace... Please leave me alone.... Please go away..." She begged, unaware that she'd been the one the banish the hands away from her. All she knew was that she hadn't tried begging yet.. maybe it would work....
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

The monster stared at her, and stared, and stared, unresponsive to her words. Maybe the begging had worked?

"Please just go..." Naomi called.

"NAH!" the monster shouted, and placed his hand over her mouth. "SEE YOU AND ME GOT A LOT OF SHIT TO WORK OUT. I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND NEITHER ARE YOU!" his hands burned her flesh. "AND ARGUS WON'T BE ABLE TO HELP YOU WHEN I COME TO TOWN, NOPE!" his anger was palpable, yet his expression didn't change. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU NAOMI! SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY LIKE YOUR MOTHER. YOUR GIFT CAN'T SAVE YOU, NOT NOW!" he tightened his grip on her cheeks. Hands launched from the darkness and covered every inch of her body, all tightening to the point where she could start feeling body give under the pressure. "SEE YOU SOON!" his anger turned to insane laughter. Then came a huge cracking sound, and Naomi felt the life leave her body almost instantly.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] ...The begging hadn't worked. In fact, Naomi realised, it only seemed to have made him furious.
Again, Naomi tried to scream, but her voice was stifled by a hand pressed harshly against her face. She could feel the shadow's grasp, cold as ice, pressing into her flesh. She couldn't make any sound. All she could do was cry. Those tears.. familiar to the despair her nightmares caused her, began to fall almost immediately. The cold of his hands suddenly became white hot, burning her skin the longer than he held his hand against her lips. She squeezed her eyes shut, if only to shut out the sound of his voice. Shut out his words and his claims... It was then that she realised something. Her room. He'd mentioned her room! Was he there? Was he truly that close?! Naomi wanted nothing more than to cry out for Argus, but her voice continued to escape her, until the yelling finally ended, exploding into laughter. His laughing echoed off in the darkness, all throughout her mind, filling her with dread and fear. Everything hurt. She didn't know how much longer she could withstand this. She was being crushed. Squeezed. Everything tightening. Grips like a vice. Naomi finally gave a sound.. a brief strangled yell, when everything finally went silent...

Waking from her sleep with a scream, Naomi sat up in her bed suddenly. She clenched her head, eyes wide as she screeched. After the first shout, she began to dissolve into sobbing. She quieted herself, trying to block out everything she'd felt and seen. The hands were gone... But the monster wasn't. He'd been here. He'd been in her room. Pale blue gaze searching the darkness of her room, Naomi tried to see anything that could have been hiding... but there was nothing to see. More tears fell as she finally wrapped her arms around herself. She held her shoulders as she started to cry even more. "h-he's here... he's here and he's going to kill me...", she spoke to herself, gently rocking back and forth, trying to console herself.... but failing miserably

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Last edited by a moderator:
"What! Where?" Argus awoke half wake and in a daze. For a few seconds he fell back to sleep, but then he heard her crying. "What's wrong?" his voice horse, and his eyes still closed.

"He's here.... and he's going to kill me." Naomi sobbed.

"You had another nightmare?" Argus slowly got up and went to the light switch, flipping it on. The room lit up to reveal that everything was where it should be. "See no one is here. There is no way he could hav gotten in here without me knowing."

"But but but he said th that my room was messy a a and I need to clean it." her voice was filled with panik.

"Naomi anyone can make vague generizations." he sat down back on the bed. "You can't let him get to you." he grabbed her wrists and tried to pull her hands away from her head. his grip was tight like the hands from her nightmare, which set her off.

"Get off me!" she broke his grip and slapped him as hard as she could. A bright red mark appeared on the demons face. Then reality came crashing down "Oh god Argus I'm so sorry, I though you were..."

He spat out a little bit of black blood "Damn you put a lot of power behind that one, if I were a lesser man that probably would have knocked me out." he laughed. "Come on crawl back into bed." he closed and locked the bedroom door before returning to bed. However she was hesitant to return to bed, what if he was there waiting to toucher her more.

"I can't go back to sleep, I don't want to go to that place again." she buried her face in her hands.

"Then you might as well kill yourself now." he tossed a knife on the bed. "Go on just end it, let the cold kiss of the blade take you." he was deadly serious.

Panik swept over the woman "W why would you say that?"

"Because as soon as you stop living your life he wins, and we can't have that. So go on give up and let go." there was an uncomfterable silence between the two. "Or you could come back to bed and cuddle with one of the most handsum demons the underworld has to offer." his expression sofed.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi hadn't expected such blunt treatment. Her gaze fell to the knife as she began recalling that one night when things that gotten particularly hopeless. The monster she'd seen in her dreams reminded her of it too. Her hand went to her throat, where only a small scar remained. She hadn't been able to get very far... But, God above, did she try... Seated in the silence of her room at the asylum, she had finally decided to end her life. After weeks of sleepless nights and tortures that seemed endless, she knew there was little else left for her. She couldn't go on living in a world that was determined to kill her anyway. Unfortunately, the moment the blade punctured her throat, some unseen force swept it from her hands. Before she could react, everything went black.. The next morning, she woke up, restrained to her bed. And she stayed that way for weeks afterward. Naomi cringed... "I'm.... I'm not giving up. ... I'm just scared...", replying in a quiet voice, Naomi went to sit back down on the bed.

"And.. I'm not really in the mood to cuddle..." She spoke up again, not at all meaning to sound cold. "S-sorry..." She apologised, laying down again, but on the far edge of the bed. Argus seemed to take the hint, understanding that the woman was still trying to process how to live her life without fear. She'd only known fear and suffering for the last twenty years of her life. It would probably take her some time before she knew anything else. Let alone, how to fight back. But, if she was going to live, she would need to learn a hell of a lot faster than she was...

The next morning was fairly uneventful. Naomi's second attempt at sleep had gone a bit more successfully. She only had to contend with the usual suspects this time. The faceless shadows, the low moaning, the chanting of her name... All things she'd grown fairly accustomed to over the years. It was only when Arcanum was involved that things seemed to take an extremely unhappy turn. When she awoke, it was already well into the afternoon. She didn't exactly have anywhere to be, since she worked so late at night, so she decided to make herself breakfast. She made some for her roommate, Kevin. But, he was a far more 'responsible adult' and had already left the household for the day, off to run his own errands. So, she decided to offer a portion to Argus--though she wasn't entirely sure if he even consumed food...

"Argus? I made breakfast! ... It's... 2 in the afternoon, but it's never too late in the day for eggs, you know?" calling back to her bedroom, she hoped to get the demon's attention.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Uuuuhhhhhhh!" a moan came from the bedroom. "So soar!" he called. *Thump* "FUCK! OW!"

"Did you fall off the bed!" she called back.

"Yeah.... What's for breakfast?"

"Dry toast, and eggs."

"Don't you eat meat, or are you one those vegetarians?

"Meats expensive man."

"I gave you a thousand bucks the other night!"

"Yeah I have bills to pay, you know."

"Oh come on it's not like your paying your way through college!"

"Hey fuck you! That is a terrible stereo type you asshole!"

"Relax I'm kidding." his voice grew near as he shambled down the hall. He plopped down at the table and looked at the plate in front of him "Thanks, could I have a glass of water? Put in enough to just cover the bottom please." he popped a piece of toast in his mouth, then took a red pill out of his pocket.

"Whats that?" she placed a glass of water down in front of him.

"Think of it like uh... coffee, but for demons." he tossed the pill into the glass, and it was instantly filled with a thick red liquid.

"Is that...?" she asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

"A blood pill, I am drinking blood... in your house.... and you're staring. Okay so I'm thankful for breakfast and all, but it isn't enough. Human food is more like junk food for us, and we need human blood to survive. Thanks to modern advances in demon technology this little pill is stopping me from drinking your blood." he said it as if nothing was wrong. He shoved the rest of the food in his mouth "Thank you very much!" he smiled. "Now I assume you have a shower around here?" he got up from the table. "Oh and I'm sorry about the whole... knife thing last night. I was only trying to prove a point. Which reminds me, what do you want to do today? I have much more to teach you, but we went through the ringer last night so if you want to just kick back I'm okay with it." he moved down the hall. "Found it! Want to shower with me or are you cool with just using you soap?" he called.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] "I'm not cool with either! You get your own soap! Isn't there some.. demon grocery store you can run off to? Go pick up some soap from the same place you got that pill!", Naomi was quick to backfire, fighting the impulse to shove him for his stupid offer. If she wasn't in the mood to sleep next to him, she definitely wouldn't be joining him for a shower. Huffing, she turned and went on her way back to the kitchen. There she could think a bit more about what she'd wanted to do.

Despite Argus's usual 'asshole'-ery, Naomi was actually pretty glad that he seemed to be feeling better. He seemed much more like himself now that he'd gotten... whatever that red concoction was into his body. She refused to believe it was blood. That was just a little too much for her to handle. She'd been faced with demons and monsters, but the thought of drinking blood was just so gross. It made her queasy just thinking about it. So she didn't! Instead, she focused on the dishes. She tsked a little,noticing that the demon had left her to do all of the work while he ran off to shower. Typical.

By the time Naomi heard the shower turn off, she'd finished the dishes and was seated in her small living space, waiting for Argus to come back so that she could talk to him. She tilted her head down the hall. "[color= #E1C595]Hey! I think I could go for some more training before I gotta go to work tonight. ... By the way, thanks for giving me that shield yesterday. That bubble... thing that you made sorta saved my life, you know?[/color]" Remembering the bubble that had appeared when the girl demon had nearly ended her, Naomi decided to thank him for the assist... completely unaware that she'd been the source.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"What bubble? I was trapped in a wall remember? I didn't have the means to protect while I was in that hell." he came out of the bathroom wearing a pair of jeans, and a red tee shirt. "Sounds like you had some kind of protection spell cast on you... or something. Lucky for us I suppose... perhaps we had outside help?" he entered the living room.

"Dude do you own anything that isn't red?" she chuckled.

"Oh yes of course, I have this lovely little green monocle that I use sometimes. Do you own anything that isn't old, or just underwear?" he shot back. Naomi gave him an unamused look. "Okay Okay geez. You asked about todays lesson, so get your coat we're going out... again. We can talk on the way about whatever protected you." he snapped his fingers and a coat popped in out of no where. He slid it on and the two were off.

The day light hours of Nocturne City left much to be desired. Life went on like any other big city, people went to work, kids went to school, and the sidewalks were always crowded. Argus lit up a black cigarette, and to a big drag, exhaling the smoke with a big sigh "I hurt every where. How about you my dear? Hows that shoulder feeling, you must have a rather large bruise? I have more pills if you want." he took another drag. "I'd offer you a cig, but I don't you don't smoke." he lead her into a near by park and they sat down on a bench. "Nothing quite like a fresh, cold, crisp morning to get the fog out of your head." he stretched out, placing one arm behind Naomi. "So today's lesson is just like last nights, accept I'm going to give you a color and I want you to find it." there must have been hundreds of people in the park, this would be no small challenge. "Okay calm your mind, and focus: I want you to find me an orange soul."

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi was, admittedly, a little shocked to find out that Argus had nothing to do with the bubble. She was skeptical for much o their walk... though Argus didn't seem phased by it at all. It seemed odd that such a thing would just appear out of nowhere. Especially when she'd never encountered a thing like that before--despite all the times she'd been in danger. She wanted to ask more questions, but before she knew it the two were out and about on the streets. It hadn't taken long for Naomi to get dressed. Usually she took her sweet time with things--since she didn't have to be anywhere until the evening anyway. But her life had a new purpose now... or, rather, a lot more urgency...

As soon as they sat on the bench, Naomi smiled. The park was a pretty nice place. Probably the nicest place in the whole city--mostly because it was the cleanest. The people here were usually tourists or business people passing through to get to work, so this area didn't attract too many undesirables to mess the place up. She watched a few people pass by, simply enjoying the moment, before recalling that she was here for a reason. Hearing her newest assignment, Naomi looked at Argus a little skeptical. "I.... Ah... I guess I'll try again. It ended so well last time, you know?" Naomi gave a nervous chuckle before shutting her eyes. The lights appeared much quicker this time. Lighting up like small nightlights, they sprang up all around. People walked by so quickly, though, that it was difficult for her to make out colours.... She kept at it, though. Each time that she opened and closed her eyes again, the colours for the lights began to form quicker. Now she just had to find what she was looking for.

"G-... Damn it... Th-.. No.... Ugh!" Naomi opened her eyes in frustration. "There's just so many of them! Is there a way to just... I don't know... block out the ones that I don't need?" Naomi looked over to Argus briefly. Despite her frustration, she went right back to it. Closing her eyes, she searched around... until she saw something different. But it made her heart jump a little. A white soul.. And it was bright. So bright that she could barely even look at it. Flinching, she opened her eyes again. "What the hell? I-.. I have no idea what that was about.", speaking to herself, Naomi shook her head, dismissing it as a mistake. She then went back to searching. The bright soul was gone.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Reactions: Tone 6th
Argus heard her mumbling to herself, but thought it nothing more then just frustration. "Calm down, no one is holding a gun to your head demanding that you do this. A Seer's power comes from inner peace, and the will to find the truth. So take a few deep breaths and just have fun. I mean you are literally exploring a reality only a select few know about, you are looking into a human soul." it was easy to tell that he missed this power. "If you can identify the colors of souls then you can see who wants to hurt you, red and black souls harbor the most hate. Yellow and green are some of the nicest people you will meet, but easily taken advantage of. Orange souls are right in the center, a good mix of easy going and the drive to survive... also some of the most rare. There is one here though I promise you, so just relax and let go. Let your mind do the seeking while your heart narrows down the numbers." he smiled. "Tell you what, you find this person in one minuet and I'll treat you to lunch." he winked.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]
Naomi had been practically fuming from how frustrating this whole thing was. Lights popped up all over the place and they moved so quickly that they were out of her vision before she could identify a proper colour. It was maddening. She closed her eyes and opened them and closed them again, trying to get a new perspective, but nothing seemed to work. Yet, when Argus spoke up, she found herself calming immensely. She was so focused on learning to survive these terrors that were after her that she was in too much of a hurry to sit and let her learning occur naturally. She sighed. "[color= #E1C595]Sorry... It's just that I keep having these... damn nightmares. I just want to make them go away as quickly as possible. I just want all of this to end.[/color]" Issuing a curt sigh, she took a deep breath. She held it for a few seconds before exhaling.

"[color= #E1C595]Okay... Relax, Naomi. You can do this.[/color]"
The quiet motivation she gave herself was enough to get her to close her eyes again. After a few minutes, she started to sink back in her seat, letting her body rest against the hardwood behind her. It was a pretty uncomfortable bench... but soon enough, she couldn't feel it at all. In fact, she couldn't feel anything. All she knew was the warmth of the lights that surrounded her. There were so many of them... nearing the hundreds, at least. Many were far off, but the ones she could see best were close. She could practically reach out and touch them. Soon enough, colours began to appear. Faster. Much faster than they had before. As soon as she saw a light, she saw its colour soon after. And they were each pretty beautiful. Some were bright, some were dim. Lots of blues and yellows... a few greens... She searched the crowd for much longer, incapable of understanding how long it had been. It felt like forever, truly... But, soon enough, she saw it. A good distance away, but there it was. Seated and stationary, a little orange light.

"[color= #E1C595]THERE![/color]"
Practically beaming, Naomi sat up, quite abruptly. Unfortunately for Argus, Naomi's excitement wasn't fully contained. It created a small shockwave, which shoved the bench they'd been sitting on toppling backwards--with him in it. The demon was pretty quick to recover, though... And, luckily, Naomi's eyes were closed to the entire scene. Eyes shut, she was keeping her mind's eye on the orange soul that she saw ahead, making sure that it didn't get away. "[color= #E1C595]Over there, Argus! Over there! I'm right, aren't I?[/color]"

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Argus took note of the shock wave, but his attention quickly turned back to the excited woman. "Yes indeed that is the person we are looking for, or rather the dog we are looking for." he laughed.

"Huh?" Naomi opened her eyes and saw a small dog across the park. "A dog?" she sounded confused.

"Animals have souls too you know." Argus wagged his finger. "And it would appear you have you're more then just a Seer my dear. I'd say you're secondary power has awoken, you have ESP. More specifically you can move things with your mind." he propped up the bench and sat back down.

"A... are you serious?" Naomi had an odd expression on her face.

"Well I can't be certain, but it would certainly seem that way. Not all Seer's have additional powers, but you Naomi would seem to be one of the lucky few." he smiled. "And as promised I will buy lunch for where ever you please. However, I know you have questions about a lot of things so shoot, I'm all ears. Ask me what ever you like, about me, your powers, our shadowy friend, anything."

Naomi felt quite a few emotions when it was revealed that the soul she'd spent so long looking for actually belonged to a tiny dog. Disappointment was among them. She'd expected something a bit more... human, at the very least. But it wasn't as if she'd planned to talk to the person anyway. Perhaps she just wanted to know what a person with such a rare soul would look like... Once the disappointment went away, though, she was left with quite a few positive feelings. She felt pretty triumphant that she'd been able to find the soul, regardless of the origin. And, even better, the little dog was quite a cutie! Naomi watched it trot alongside its owner. She chuckled to herself, watching it trot away happily until it was out of the park. She then turned her attention back to Argus, whom seemed to be adjusting the bench behind them. She looked a little curious to see that it had suddenly fallen... but Argus's explanation only made her more confused.

"ES-..? You mean like superheroes do in comic books?" Naomi looked at him skeptically... But, she was beginning to find such an emotion pretty useless these days. She was talking to a demon and looking at people's souls, for crying out loud! Why would moving things with her mind be out of the question? "Uh... Hm... Well. I guess I have a few questions. I'll start with the easy things first." Naomi took a moment to collect her thoughts. "You've been following me around for a while, right? Wh-what do you think you'll do after all of this is over? ... Will you still need my eyes after Arcanum's gone? And... if not, what will you do?" Smiling as kindly as she could, she knew these questions weren't easy at all. "And, speaking of Arcanum, how long do you think it'll take him before he decides to attack? I know that I have to be strong, but... these nightmares are really wearing on me. And I don't have you to depend on when they happen. I'm all alone and it's... it's sometimes too much. C-can he hurt me in my dreams?"

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Well... we demons come to Earth because we want something, and we don't always get it. However, when we do we return either: A. To the underworld where we are punished for our crimes, you know like the bible says. Or B. We are given a second chance here on Earth, but only if our actions are actions are pure enough, and let me tell you that never happens. My goal is to keep you safe from Arcanum, and well once he's gone I will most likely be dragged back to hell, where I will live in constant suffering. It's worth it though, to see that asshole destroyed for what he did." he sighed. "Plus I got to meet a fellow Seer so I mean it's not all bad."

Argus paused for a moment trying to figure out how to answer her question. "I honestly have no idea when he will attack Naomi. It could be in thirty seconds, it could be tomorrow, hell it could be a year from now... there isn't a way of telling." he watched the fear pour into Naomi's eyes. "It's true I can't protect you in your dreams, and honestly I don't even know how I could. No he can't hurt you in your dreams, at least physically. He gets you to to the point where he break your mind though... that's what you have to watch out for. Every nightmare will be worst than the last." Argus started to remember his own nightmare hellscape. "After he took my family he hounded me in my dreams, until I could take it anymore. I stopped sleeping anyway I could: coffee, energy drinks, boosts of Adrenalin, drugs, booze, and towards the end self mutilation." his voice became very sorrowful. "I almost just took my own eyes out... things got very dark... I gave up... he won..." he frowned. "That's how he gets you, he drives you to the point of absolute exhaustion then takes you. That's why I wanted you to sleep last night, I need you to stay strong. You've been doing a great job so far, and you've come along in your powers very well." he looked over and saw Naomi on the verge of tears.

"No stop! No more crying! You can not show him weakness, he preys upon it. I will get you through this, and every moment you are awake I will teach you how to survive him... starting with these." he took out a pill bottle and placed it in her hand. "Take one before bed each night and they will leave knocked out, it should at least shorten his grip on you while you sleep."

Listening intently to his answers, Naomi sat back against the bench again. She couldn't help feeling terribly about... well, all of it. Argus had gone through so much to help her and without the guarantee that it would work out in the end. And, even if it did work out, he wasn't exactly promised a happy ending. The thought of him having to weather more torment after he'd gone through all of it twice, was almost unpalatable. Naomi refused to believe it. "That's nonsense, Argus. Complete nonsense... You didn't drag yourself from hell just to go back again. Life isn't that cruel... I .. I mean, I've seen some fairly terrible things and I've been close to giving up as well, but I refuse to think that you won't be repaid for the good you're doing for me." Reaching over, Naomi placed a gentle hand on Argus's shoulder... She didn't really go out of her way to touch him that often. In fact, for the longest time, she'd been truly scared of him. But, things had gotten a bit different over the past few days.

"Hell, at least you're trying to help me! I've been to countless people and no one's been able to do more than shove pills down my throat and lock me away from other people. I- I don't... I don't know what will happen, but I know that you won't be abandoned. I won't let that happen... Red Head", Naomi chuckled a little, feeling a bit better after explaining herself.... Something about her earlier triumph with seeing souls correctly, was really wearing off on her. She'd always been an optimist--despite everything in her life that should have convinced her otherwise. She knew that things couldn't be as horrid as they seemed. Not all the time. Naomi's hand raised from his shoulder to gently tousle his fire red hair. She chuckled at him as he squirmed away.

Taking the pill bottle, she breathed a deep sigh and nodded. "I... I noticed that if I talk back to him it seems to make him angry. I've done it twice now. Do you think I should.. be more courageous and try again? Maybe... Maybe instead of getting into my head, I can just as easily get into his. He expects me to just be frightened of him... If I'm not then... he doesn't have anything against me" There was a significant amount of bravery in Naomi's voice. She wasn't certain if she'd be able to do any of the things she spoke of, but it was something...
Better than just lying down and taking it...

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Argus laughed when she ruffled his hair "Red head huh?". "Thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot. Maybe there is still hope for this one who has no soul." he smiled a bit. "Naomi you have to know that in order to get where I today... I had to do many terrible things. I am demon, and it is in my nature to... well....kill and cheat. You have to understand that I do can, will, and do acts which you might not find... likable." he explained. "There are things I can't tell you, and things I can tell you. We all have our secrets." he couldn't help but feel uneasy about telling her the truth.

"Honestly... I never really fought him... I just let him drag me down. I mean sure I resisted at first, but after awhile it wears on a man. The bastard tore me apart with my daughter and wife. Parading their ghosts around me every waking moment, telling me I should just kill myself... so I did." he looked at the shock Naomi's face. "Shit I'm sorry, I did mean to discourage you. No, go fight him. Spit in his face every chance you get. Talk back, insult him, do whatever you think is right, but just remember he is a very powerful being. Be cautious about what you say." he lit another cig, and took a drag. "Let me ask you question Naomi, if our dear friend was standing right in front of us and told you if you killed me all of this would end... What would you do?"

Last edited:

Naomi gave a small chuckle. "I.. can be pretty naive sometimes, Argus. Hell, I actually moved to this city, thinking I'd be hired as an actress right off the street. Fresh from the asylum with stars in my eyes.", she chuckled, though there was a significant amount of disappointment in it. She shook her head regardless, not wanting to dwell on that innocence "Despite having very little knowledge of demons... I know that they aren't called that because they're good people. But... You're not a demon, right? Not... not fully, at least. You said it yourself. You were human once. So... you can't be all bad, you know?" Naomi gave a small smile, trying her best to maintain that optimism that she'd just rediscovered. "So long as you aren't out there hurting innocent people, I... I'm pretty sure we're still on the same side." With a firm nod, she turned her attention back out to the sea of people walking by them. The day was beginning to come to a close, which meant she'd have to be on her way to work soon. But it was pretty nice to spend the day alongside someone. Usually her roommate was so busy... being successful and whatnot. Naomi was a little surprised that he still bothered to live with her and her insanity. It must have been because the rent was so cheap. She shrugged at the idea, focusing her gaze on the ground before turning to look over at Argus. Flicking the cigarette from his mouth suddenly, she pouted at him "I'd been meaning to tell you.. Cigarettes are bad for your health."

The next question that he'd asked cause Naomi go quiet. She looked at Argus with wide eyes. "... Argus. I can hardly kill a fly, how would I go about doing that to you?", She replied simply, almost shocked that he would even entertain the notion. "I'm... not a violent person, Argus. I'll do anything to live... but if I have to hurt someone--aside from the asshole that's after me--I doubt I could do it." She chuckled alittle, thinking to herself. "Told you I'd make a terrible demon..."

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"I know I know, but it's hard habit to kick. I've been means to cut back, and even stop, but old habits flair back up in stressful times." he sighed. He looked out across the park, and then back to her. "I think thats what I like about you Naomi you came into being a Seer, and for lack of a better term, broken. You weren't coddled as a child, like most Seer's are. Raised as some kind of savior or or messiah, no at an early age you were tossed into this shit. Those of us who were living the cushy life got our asses handed to us by the demons that came for us. However, you've grown more resilient as time passed and I think your will alone will destroy our friend. You have a very strong soul Naomi, and I don't need to be a Seer to recognize that." he gave a reassuring smile. "You may be innocent, but you're a fighter and I admire that." he pull her in close.

"As for your acting career don't give up, find another audition. Just stay way from dark ally ways, and shady advertisements for indie movies." he laughed. He got up from the bench and pulled her up "Come on it's almost time for you to get to work, and I did say food was on me." they two walked out of the park and stared to prepare for their night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Street.jpg

Ah yes it was that time again, the time were sun goes down and the freaks come out. A time to feel the sweet embrace of the night life of the city. Clubs were blaring base beats, the faint smell of weed hung in the air, and everyone was cutting loose.

Argus escorted Naomi to the back door of the Nine Tails "Yo be careful, and just have fun." Argus smiled.

"You don't have to tell me twice, but what will you do?"

"Oh I'll be in there with you, one of the best clubs in the city and I know one of their best dancers? Hell yeah I'm coming in!" he laughed.

"Alright well see you there." she smiled and went in.

Argus snapped his fingers and instantly he was in a black and red pin strip suit "Let's fucking do this." she gave a toothy grin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naomi quickly got ready for her introduction, and stood behind the red curtain.

"Alright alright alright, ladies and gentlemen please put your hands together for our next lovely lady. The chick with a body that kills, please welcome Desire!"

tumblr-lsx5r1wkzf1qewtn2o1-500.jpg

As soon as the music hit it was like a switch flipped inside of her, and Desire took over. She swaggered out on to stage and started moving her hips to the beat. Hands always moving around her body but never reveling to much, no that was for special customers. She could feel the eyes tracing her every move, and it was like heaven. Electricity rushed through the atmosphere as more and more of the patrons watched her, and she was in top for to night. Here in the club Desire was queen, and she knew it, she could get away with whatever she wanted and that only excited her more. As the song started to fade out, she walked off stage.

She quick tossed on skimpy jacket and was going to make her rounds, but one of the bouncers came up to her. "There's a guy requesting you join him in the VIP room, and he's paying serious money. Like get you to do some uh... special kind of things.... money. He's in VIP room two." the bouncer seemed a bit embarrassed.​

It had been a little while since Desire had last made a grand appearance at Nine Tails. She was a featured dancer, so she was free to come and go as she pleased. Her gigs always brought in revenue, regardless, but the woman's schedule was fairly erratic. Management sort of had to get used to it, in a way. But upon her entry into the club, it was as if the place had been given new life. The energy was already high, but it skyrocketed once the lady took center stage. And her performance only pushed it over the edge. Once she stepped off, dancers were being hooked up left and right, snatched away like consolation prizes. Desire always seemed to have some beau on retainer, so the idea of getting a private dance was so beyond most's means that they went after whatever they could grab. If Desire was around, her fellow dancers would get to squeeze the unlucky losers for all they were worth... and that suited the women just fine.

After shrugging into a small jacket, which covered her shoulders and little else, Desire had planned to seek out her manager for just that reason. She hadn't recieved any requests yet, which was a little odd... But, come to find out, there was a reason. Her VIP for the night had blocked the lot of them. He'd apparently paid enough of a sum to get her time for the next few hours. Not enough for the entire night, but certainly the better part of it. Desire smirked a little at the proposition. Money like that wasn't thrown around too often. She'd definitely have to be on her best behaviour for this one...

Walking up to the designated room, Desire adjusted the small g-string that hugged the curves of her hips. She was really quite exposed already. There wouldn't be much to remove for this private show. But, in truth, she'd assumed that this person probably wasnt interested in the 'stripping' part anyway. She entered the room, closing the door behind her. In the low lights, she could barely make out the figure of the person, let alone their face. All she could truly see was the outline of them, seated on a couch, a short distance away from her. "You certainly paid quite a lot for this show, didn't you? ...A shame they placed you somewhere you wouldn't be able to see it...", approaching, Desire went over to her patron. She sat down on his lap. Taking one of his hands, she played with his fingers idly before leading his hand to gently caress one of her thighs. Leaning in close, her lips hovered just at his ear. The scent of lilacs filled the air. "Perhaps you'd like to feel it instead...?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.