Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the laptop slammed shut Argus raised an eyebrow "Well that's new." he whispered. His attention was quickly drawn back to Naomi "Well my dear that's because your trying to search out for the image, let the image come to you. This let's try with your eyes open, and just relax, clear your mind, and just let it come to you. To me, just by looking at him, this guy seems like he would have more greenish soul. An honest man who only needs a few things to keep him happy. Try one more time for me, and if you get it this time you a prize." he dangled a scone in front of her face. "A little birdie told me that you liked sweets, now come on love give it one more go." he placed his hands on her head again.

Naomi huffed, swatting at the scone a little. "Hey! I'm not a puppy! I don't need treats to stay motivated!", she chastised him a little for treating her in such a way... Though her eyes followed the scone for a short while until he finally set it down. She grumbled, hating to admit that Argus was absolutely right... It also wasn't helped by the fact that she was sort of hungry. And that she really did have a soft spot for flaky pastries... Shaking her head, Naomi tried to regain her focus. 'Okay. Okay... Ball of light... Ball of light... You can do this. Clear your mind..., Thinking to herself, it took a few moments for Naomi to finally clear her mind of the usual noise. She hadn't really noticed how much she thought until she was asked to quiet it all down... After a few minutes of sheer focusing, though, the storm started to lift... Her eyes slid closed naturally as she started to slip into a peaceful state. Her lips even curled a little, forming a small smile. And that was when she saw it. ...It was faint. Barely even there. But it brightened a little over time. Flickering somewhat, the small light began to adopt an even fainter hue. "I... I see it! I see something! ..." Naomi practically yelled from sheer excitement. Her focus broke immediately as her eyes snapped open. Looking over to Argus with an excited expression, she was practically beaming--completely ignorant of the stares from the other patrons. "It was small! But I saw it! I... I think it was blue, to me. But it could have been green. I couldn't see it that well, but I did see it!"​

"Told you you could it. It's nice to see you smile again." he slid the scone over to her. "Now I want you to do it again, but this look around the room." he leaned into her "One of these things is not like the other." he whispered in her ear. "Red souls don't want to be friends. They want to kill you and sell your head to good old shadow face."

"You mean he's here!" panic washed over her.

"No no just a a a, whats the phrase humans use again? Bounty hunter! Yeah that's it they are a bounty hunter. Trust me you've had a lot of them come after you over the past few months." he pulled his collar down and showed her a long nasty scar running down his shoulder. "This guy wanted you bad, almost took my arm before I fried him. Oh and this one!" he rolled up his pant leg to show a scar across his ankle. "The girl took my entire foot, up just cut it clean off. Luckily I had a little time power left, so I just put it back on still hurt immensely though." he smiled. Naomi looked shocked and mortified. "Sweet heart down't worry, my point is that I can protect assuming something goes wrong. Best case scenario is that he's seen you, waits for use to go outside, and then jumps us. Now just look for the red soul. You can do this, I promise no harm will come to you."

Seizing the scone quickly, Naomi was clearly quite pleased with her reward. She ate it gleefully, completely forgetting the fact that she'd admonished him just a few minutes before. She was half-listening to him when he spoke about her next assignment, much too focused on the pastry in front of her... Her attention did return, though, when the monster she'd encountered was mentioned. Eyes widening, all the excitement that Naomi felt drained away. She stiffened, placing her scone back down on the plate. When it was revealed to her just how hard Argus had fought to get to her, she couldn't help feeling guilty once more for having left him in that alley. Her gaze fell to the table.. then to the half of scone that she had left. Pushing the plate forward, she offered it to him, hoping that it might mend those fences. "I know that it won't make up for the whole... leaving you to die thing but... you know... I-I'm trying. And it's a pretty good scone too!", she offered a hopeful smile, before turning her attention to the task at hand... though not before asking a question. "How...long have you been watching me, Argus? I know that your intentions are good now, but... there's been plenty of times that I could've easily been killed by these things. I was completely oblivious to these things for years... When I was growing up, after my mother was... killed, I was placed in a mental hospital because that's all they knew to do for me... They convinced me that the things I kept seeing weren't real. But the sight of them never stopped... Have you been keeping these things from me for that long?" Naomi was curious for the answer to this... She knew that he'd only said it had been a few months. But, she couldn't help thinking there was more to it.

Regardless, she did need to focus on the task at hand. Trying again, she quieted her mind and let her conscience slip into that peaceful state again. She felt the warmth of the lights around her... even if she couldn't see them. There were so many now. Over time, they began to flicker to life again, showing themselves a the periphery of her sight. She watched them glow timidly, each revealing a different colour.... Until, suddenly, one appeared violently. It wasn't warm. It wasn't warm at all. In fact, the more she looked at it, the more she felt her own warmth leave her body. Her throat constricted suddenly.. Eyes snapping open, Naomi felt her breath catch. She looked over to where she'd 'seen' that aura and was surprised by the sight. It was just a woman. A girl, really. Probably in her teens. She looked as thought she were engrossed in the text book in front of her... working on some homework. Naomi stared at the girl, confused. She shook her head and looked back to Argus. "I... I think I've made a mistake. Or maybe my sight's broken"​

"Oh I've watched you from the first moment you arrived at the hospital. Who do you think slipped you a cookie with every meal? Who do you think watched over you while you slept at night? I tired to make your time there less of a living hell, each time I stopped by. My only regret is that I couldn't have busted you out of there, but my hands were tied." he frowned a bit. "We can talk about this later, go on do your thing." he waved on and watched as she searched out the other demon.

"No my dear there is nothing wrong with your sight." he whistled over to the girl. The girls eyes quickly shot up to look at Naomi and Argus. Argus gave a small wave to her and chuckled "Oh my, she is just raring for a fight. So I suggest we head outside, and let the little miss come to us." he got up, and stuffed the scone in his mouth. "You're right this is really good." he pulled Naomi out of her seat and through the door. "If you have questions, you have one minuet before she bursts out of the door and starts after us." he lead her down an alley and pushed her behind a dumpster. "Stay here and keep quiet." his voice was firm.

Another minute, another bombshell. Naomi's life was beginning to make more and less sense every minute that she spent next to Argus. Upon hearing this latest news, she stiffened again, uncertain of what to think. In a way, it was nice to know that she'd actually had an ally all along. That she hadn't been losing her mind, as she'd been lead to believe... But, at the same time, the idea of being watched from her adolescence until now. She couldn't help feeling a little... disturbed. Or violated. Perhaps that was a better word. She trusted Argus far more than she had when they'd first met. After all, he'd only shown that he'd had good intentions up to this point. But she couldn't help shaking the feeling of having her privacy invaded. Her gaze went a bit apprehensive, suddenly... But, she didn't really get much time to process any of the incoming feelings. Before she could speak up, she was yanked right out of her seat. "W-wait! Where are we go-! Are... Are you going to fight her?! She's just a girl!", Naomi nearly tripped over herself as she was dragged outside and suddenly shoved backward behind a dumpster. Wincing, she looked up to Argus. She'd been about to ask another question, but the demon gave her a very stern look, which shut her up. Naomi went quiet, peering around the corner to see if what he'd predicted would come true.

As if on cue, the girl that she'd seen before, walked out of the backdoor to the shop just as they had. She smiled at Argus as if he were an old friend, despite having never met him in person. Looking just as innocent as she had when she'd been doing her homework, the girl tilted her head when she saw Argus standing in front of her in the alley. "So... You must be the sad excuse of a demon causing all the ruckus, hm?", despite how old she looked, the girl had a very mature voice. Her gaze went over to the human that was doing a rather bad job of hiding behind the dumpster. "Look... if you just hand her over, I'll make certain that her death is quick. She won't feel a thing. I'll even let you go... That way you can tell everyone how kind I was to you."​

"A grown demon using the guise of a little girl, come on even for a demon that's creepy. As for whoever you're talking about there isn't anyone here, just you and me. If it's a fight you it's a fight you'll get." a fireball appeared in his hand. "And if I'm a second rate demon what does that make you... a reject perhaps?" he snickered. He tossed a fireball at the ground and it burnt a line into the cement "I bet you can't cross that line." he smirked. "You make it over that line and I will help you find whoever you're looking for." another fire ball appeared. He through it at her, and it nicked her arm "Oooo ouch that looks like it hurts, but I just gotta know what your power?" he pulled out a little notebook "Come on, mine is fire and time. Don't tell me you're a fire user too, they are so fucking common!" he sighed.

The girl chuckled at Argus's observation. "Well, if you were a true demon, you'd know that hiding in plain sight is what we do best... Unlike you, with those silly eyes of yours", she couldn't help laughing at just how comical those eyes made him look. She then tilted her head the opposite way, an innocent expression on her face. "Such strong insults from someone that's about to die...", her lips creased into a calm smile. There was something extremely unnerving about it.... to the point that it was difficult for Naomi to look at her directly. Shrinking behind the dumpster again, Naomi felt a familiar fear rise in her throat... but she tried to calm herself. She had to get used to this. Argus had fought for her so many times... She needed to get used to this feeling of being pursued....

In the meantime, the other demon seemed to be having a great deal of fun with Argus. Seeing him draw the line, she crept closer to it, and placed her foot upon the edge of it. That was when the fireball caught her... Grazing her arm, she winced for a moment, but chuckled at him. "So forward.... And here I thought you would just lay down and die... But, now it's my turn." Chuckling darkly, the girl's eyes suddenly began to fill with an ethereal blackness... Soon enough, the entire alleyway began to fill with it as well. Tendrils of darkness sprang from the girl and began to fill the entire area with a darkness that was thick and cold. Naomi noticed it immediately. She suddenly felt as if she were back in her dreams again. Caught in the one where the man with eyes in his hands had appeared. She gave a small squeak in rebuttal, but clasped her fingers over her mouth. Yet, it was already too late.Oriana had already sensed her... The sound was all she needed to pinpoint her location. Suddenly, inky black tendrils sprang from the darkness, wrapping themselves tightly around Naomi. Another set rose from the ground, grabbing Argus's feet and powerfully constraining him. The girl demon's laughter echoed in the darkness.​

Argus winced as the tendrils latched onto his feet, but like her it was only momentary. "Wields Darkness, and seems to use it to lock pray in in place. Weakness: Unknown." he read to himself as he scribbled in his notebook. He put the book away, and turned Naomi "It's going to be fine, I'll figure this out just be still." he smiled at her. "Alright so what's your name? Oh forgive me where are my manors? My name is Argus protector of this seer, and enemy of your buyer. You are?"

"Fine I will humor you sense you are about to die and all. My name is Oriana, and before this battle is over I will see you and the girl dead." she laughed.

(Play me :D)​

"Alright then Oriana shall we then?" he conjured a fireball and through it as hard as he could. He raised his other hand to the orb and turned it clockwise. The ball compressed and gained incredible speed, it was almost like a bullet. The orb pierced her left shoulder with incredible speed. Oriana let out a small scream. "You called me silly for not hiding like all the rest of you scum, well that's because I'm proud of what I am. Why hide my eyes when it attracts weaklings like you? Because of my eyes I've learned so much about demons, well I mean after the beat down of course. Plus the ladies love them, he looked over at Naomi. If there's anything I've learned about you dark types it's that when it demon form anything brighter a fifty watt light bulb really puts a strain on your concentration." he conjured the brightest flame he could and tossed it into the air. It exploded like a firework, and just as bright.

Naomi had never really been a fan of the dark, so her current predicament was far more distressing than most of the things she'd encountered before. Sure, her dreams had been bad, what with the demons chanting for her death and all... But the fact that the darkness now had 'hands'... Now it was physically handling her... That was a bit more than she wanted to contend with. Limbs restrained by the powerful tendrils, they held her down with more force than she'd thought capable by something ethereal. She was pinned to the ground, her wrists practically throbbing from how hard they were pressed against the concrete. Wincing, she bit her lips to keep herself from screeching. It helped a little. But the only thing keeping her sane was the fact that the demon seemed more focused on Argus than her... Unfortunately, that was short lived...

"Oh. Her protector, are you? Then you probably wouldn't like it if I hurt her would you..?" Oriana asked the arrogant demon in a childish voice. Eyes going over to where the young woman was, she smiled as the tendrils began to tighten their grip and pull on Naomi's limbs. Naomi screamed, unable to keep her mouth shut any longer. She felt one of her shoulders give way from the pressure, popping from its socket.

Luckily, Argus's research on demons that welded darkness was correct. As soon as the light burst above them, Oriana's gaze followed it. She shrieked and recoiled, feeling her eyes burning from the brightness of it all. The tendrils released and fell away from them both instantly. Returning to their owner, they surrounded her protectively, forming a cocoon-like shape to protect her from the light. She cursed at Argus from inside. "I'll still destroy you both! Your little night-light can be blotted out!" She screamed at him, as the male demon laughed at her sudden anger. Shrinking away, Oriana's form suddenly began to change. Melting like liquid, she melded with what few shadows were left in the area, she disappeared into the darkness... But, judging from the thick cold that pervaded the area , it was clear that she hadn't left yet. She was far from finished...

Reactions: Tone 6th
"Naomi!" Argus yelled as he heard the loud pop of her shoulder coming loose. He through a fireball at Oriana, but she was quick to hide in the shadows. Argus ran over to Naomi, and looked her over. He slipped off one of the arms to is leather jacket and held it in front of her mouth. "Bite." He said to her firmly. She did as told and bit down on the sleeve. "This is going to hurt... a lot." he took her should and arm. "On the count of three... One!" *POP!* He went before he even got to two. The bone slid back into place, but not before taking its toll on the poor woman.

The poorly handled repair left Naomi tired and more then ready for all of this to be over. "You're ok, come on up off the ground." he took his coat out of her mouth, teeth marks left behind, and helped her up. "You're going to be very sore tomorrow." he tried to make her laugh.

There was a sudden chill in the air, as a black tendril wrapped itself around Argus's waist. Naomi saw it all happen in slow motion. The tendril yanked him into a black portal on the opposite wall. He reached his hand out as he was flying through the air "Naomi!" he yelled as his over slowly reverberated in her ears. Then he was gone, taken by the assassin. The small flame of hope she had was stomped out.

"Wow he fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book. He really was as dumb as he looked." a chill ran down the seer's spine, as a voice was calmly taking to her. She turned her head to her killer just standing next to her. "Well now that he's gone I will give you the option of a quick death, or you can struggle and make a game of it. I hope you choose the ladder." a fiendish small ran across her face.

Last edited:

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Gripping her shoulder closely, Naomi felt more tears slide down her face. She was trying her best not to cry. Trying her best not to be a child. She'd cried so many times from these incidents. They kept building up. Wearing on her psyche... First the phone booth, next the dreams... now she was fighting some demon child with the power to rip her in half with horrible, black tentacle shadows... But, at the same time, these were all new situations. The demons that had attacked her were more aggressive than any she'd ever encountered before. The thing she saw in her dream last night was by far the scariest thing she'd ever seen in her life... compounded by the fact that it was the one that killed her mother. Finally... this pain she felt in her arm.... It was unlike anything she'd felt before. She'd been punched before. Kicked. Otherwise assaulted. Nothing really hurt like this... Tears began to fall as she whimpered, feeling her fear start to creep back in.

It was worsened when she suddenly saw Argus ripped away into the wall. "Argus! Argus no!", running to the wall where he'd disappeared, Naomi slammed her working fist at the wall. She stopped when she noticed that the wall was solid... and it sort of hurt to hit it. Flinching, she gripped her shoulder. Her despair was complete... Sinking to her knees, she felt more tears trickle down her cheeks. This was awful... Everything ached... She'd gotten Argus into danger. Maybe even killed... ... And the voice that spoke up behind her only caused more panic to climb into her throat. Turning around quickly, Naomi looked down at the small girl in front of her. Her smile was still small and innocent... but her eyes had gone fully black. Tendrils sprang out behind her and waved menacingly toward Naomi, as if she were playing with her. "Oh my... Look at those tears... I'll take that as a vote for the first option. You're so pathetic that I doubt you'd be much fun to kill anyway", chuckling, Oriana really was having quite a good time. The arrogant one had gotten on her nerves a bit. And his fireballs did hurt! But, now that he was being strangled by her shadows, he should have been out of the way for now. Now she just had to deal with this little human... insect.

Naomi backed away, but immediately felt the wall behind her. Her eyes were wide, as she tried to crawl away from the girl, but realised she had nowhere to go. Reddened eyes staring up at her, Naomi froze. Her panic was too gripping. It was too much. She couldn't do this. She was a fool to think she could fight these things. She could hardly fight back when her landlord demanded her rent early... Watching the demon child loom closer, she cringed. One of the tendrils raised above her head. Naomi watched it as it suddenly came barreling down at enough of a speed to knock her head off. "NO PLEASE DON-!!!"

Naomi's voice was suddenly cut off by the sound of a large THUNK. She'd closed her eyes when she saw the tendril coming... so she opened them gradually, and was shocked to see what was in front of her. Huddled into the wall behind her, she looked up to see what looked to be a... shield of some kind. It was clear... yet bright... Shining and brilliant, it covered her completely. Orianna yelped, caught off guard by the sudden light. She covered her eyes. The tentacle that had collided with the shield had suddenly disintegrated upon contact. Feeling the tendril burning, Orianna cried out and withdrew into the shadows again. She hadn't known the seer was capable of such abilities yet. She'd thought the human would be an easy target!

Naomi looked up at the bright bubble of light that covered her. She didn't understand where it had come from. Maybe this was Argus's doing? ... Suddenly remembering him, her eyes widened. She got up from where she lay--noticing that the bubble melted away when she touched it. Looking around, she tried to find where the demon ended up... As if on cue, the demon fell out of the wall that he'd been pulled into. Naomi rushed to his side, still gripping her shoulder. "Argus... Argus are you all right? Can you hear me?"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Tone 6th
The portal closed just as Argus saw Oriana appear next to Naomi "NO!". Then there was nothing, just a cold black void. Argus's head fanatically looked around the void "Oh no." Something zipped around behind the man, he spun around. "Oh no no no!" terror ran down Argus's spine. Then came a pain like no other, a white hot pain shot out of his right side. "FUCK!" he screamed and fell to one knee. He placed his hand on his side and brought it to his eyes.. it was covered in a thick black blood. "Ah... shit..." he summoned a fireball and slowly brought it to his side, flames licking at his wounds. He took a deep breath in and rammed the flame into the wound "AHHHH!" he screamed. The pain made him dizzy, unfocused, dull, and then came another waved of pain this time across his face. Blood stung his eyes, and he wasn't going to burn his face. He wiped as much as her could trying to focus on his attacker, and through the blurry vision he saw it.

death_sword_by_germanwolf44.jpg

"No! NO!" Argus yelled, and scrambled to his feet. The monster just looked at him, and gave chase. It was right on the demon's heels now, and raised it's sword to deal the final blow. "NO!" Argus kept running hoping something would save him. Instantly a portal back to the land of the living opened, and it was only a few feet from him. He ran as fast as he could making it through just as the monster swung it's sword. Though the tip of the left a long just caught Argus's back, carving a shallow scare down his back from top to bottom.

*WHOOMP!* He made it through the portal, and hit the cement hard. The next thing he heard was Naomi asking him if he was okay. He looked up at her, revealing his bloodied face, and gave a weak smile "I'm doing just dandy."

"Well isn't this precious! The two weaklings have returned to each other, and I thought my portal would hold you. Oh well Guess I'll just kill you myself!" Oriana crawled out of the shadows with a smile.

Shaking Argus rose to his feet, blood streamed down his back, "I'm so done with you." Argus's black and red eyes went to a glowing white and red.
tumblr_nednkfdX5L1trzm55o1_500.gif

"DON'T ACT SO COOL!" a wave of black tentacles were flying towards the demon, all aimed right for his throat. Argus summoned several fireballs and lined them up with the same path the tentacles were on. "You think your pathetic candle lights can stop me!" Oriana laughed. He shot the flames forward and sped up time, they plowed through the tentacles like they were made of paper. "What! NO!" Oriana screamed as the sped toward her.

"It's all over Oriana now relax and let the flames take you." he called. They all struck her at the same time, one in the stomachache, two in the chest, and one right between eyes. Argus snapped his fingers... the girl exploded in a fantastic rain of blood and sparks. "And that's how you teach a brat discipline." he turned and walked back over to Naomi. The shadows in the alleyway receded back to their normal state.

"Is it over?" Naomi asked still afraid that might be some kind of trick.

"Yes it is, now come on. Let's get that shoulder taken care o-" Argus froze in place a second, his eyes returning to normal. He fell to the ground unconscious, and bleeding out. The last thing to escape his lips were "No hospitals." just before passing out.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Seeing that Argus was practically covered in his own blood, Naomi couldn't help panicking for a moment. She could tell from his condition that he wouldn't be smiling or joking for very long. And, as if on cue, his words stopped suddenly as he fell to the ground. It seemed that the other demon was finally vanquished, but Naomi's problems were only just beginning. Something had harmed Argus. The wound on his back didn't look particularly fetching, either. Gazing at it with wide eyes, she pulled his jacket off of him as best she could. Her arm was pounding in its newly fixed socket, but she pushed through the pain as best she could. Wrapping it as tightly as she could around his midsection, she tried to stop the bleeding. She wasn't much of a doctor... but she at least knew that she was supposed to address wounds by bandaging them first. Somehow... Once the 'bandage' was in place, she decided to try the hard part.... Getting to her feet, she grabbed Argus's arm and slung it over her shoulder. Wincing, she suddenly noticed how heavy she was. He may have looked light, but he was certainly more solid than that! And it didn't help that her shoulder was already killing her!

After a few minutes of struggling, Naomi was finally able to hail a cab. Luckily, the drivers here didn't tend to ask too many questions. The stories of these streets were so crazy that sometimes it was just best to keep your head down anyway... Naomi hadn't been certain where to go. But Argus's request for no doctors had really narrowed her choices down to one place: home. She didn't really have anywhere else to go... Luckily, it was later into the night so, at the very least, her roommate should have been out at his job. If he came home, she would at least be able to hide Argus. Or... try to explain what had occurred. She really wasn't certain which was easier. At any rate, she managed to drag the poor man upstairs [quite literally, since carrying him was out of the question]. Getting him inside, she laid out a few of her older sheets onto her couch. Then, with the greatest effort she could muster, she flopped Argus down on the couch--quite unceremoniously. It wasn't as if she were trying to hurt him... but she only had so much strength.

Once he was settled, Naomi tried to address the wound on his back with proper bandages. She took off his jacket and the shirt beneath it--not at all embarrassed by it, given her career. After all, Argus had probably seen her naked a few times, if he'd truly been following as long as he'd admitted... The thought sent a small shiver up her spine. She shook her head, deciding to ignore it for now. Fetching some proper bandages from her bathroom's first aid kit, she started bundling the wound as well as she could. Once she was satisfied, she sat back from her handiwork and sighed... She needed some pain medication. Something to keep her mind off the nagging pain in her shoulder...
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Daddy one more story before bed, pleeeeeassse?" a young girl's voice called.

"Alright one more, and then my lady it's time for bed." a man's voice lovingly answered. The man stood up and went over to large a bookcase "Let's see we have Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Cinderella..."

"Daddy who is that man?" the small voice asked.

"What man sweet heart?" he chuckled a bit.

"The man right there."

"Sweat heart who are you-" his eyes went wide as he turned around.

latest

Argus's eyes shot open and he let out a large gasp, conjuring a fireball ready to strike. He looked around, breathing heavily, trying to figure out where he was. It took him a second to realize that he was in Naomi's apartment, he put out the fire and laid back down. He was drenched in sweat, but cold to the touch. His entire body was screaming with pain. His back, side, and face were throbbing in a burning pain. There was another kind of pain... seeing his daughter in his dreams was a reminder of who he was, and a reminder of what he had lost. He wanted her back so badly, but knew he never could.

He rolled over to his coat pocket to check the time on his phone, and as he did so saw Naomi sleeping in a chair. For a few moments he just watched her sleep. She did as he requested, and took him back to her place. For a someone who had their entire life flipped upside down she was still very kind. He watched as she tried to turn over on her bad shoulder in the chair. She shook a bit and a look of discomfort ran across her face, slowly she opened her eyes.

"There is a small pill bottle in my coat pocket take one of the pills." he pointed to his coat. "This might be a bit forward, but could I sleep with you? Not like on top of you, but like next to you. I would just sleep easier knowing that at a moments notice I could protect you if need be. Plus I mean you have fan in your room, and I sleep easier with white noise." he smiled then winced in pain. It was clear that his tact was wearing thin in his current state.​

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi had intended to stay up for much of the night, watching Argus and making certain that he didn't outbleed his bandages. She was still skeptical about keeping him here, especially with her roommate coming home at any moment. But, it was possible that Kevin could get caught up in his job... or possibly meet someone and stay the night at their place. Naomi kept her fingers crossed for either option, not particularly in the mood for trying to explain any of this mess. In fact, she just felt exhausted... Her fatigue hadn't really hit her until she'd sat down. Everything inside of her just felt... heavy. Especially her eyelids. They slid closed after a few moments of silence. Her head listed to the side slightly as she finally submitted to sleep.

Her dreams were improved...from how they'd been the previous night, at least. Though it was not at all peaceful. All she saw was figures. Dark and faceless, they reached towards her silently in the same way that they had when she was in the phone booth. But she couldn't hear their voices. They just reached towards her slowly and adamantly... yet it looked as though they were just standing in place. They weren't moving towards her. Merely staring. And reaching... Watching. And waiting... Every time that she moved, their heads would move with her. Never letting her leave their eyeless sight. Naomi felt a familiar fear creep into her throat... Luckily, a sharp pain in her shoulder woke her from her prison. Eyes opening gradually, she was surprised to see Argus awake in front of her. "H-Hey... You aren't supposed to be awake yet." Wiping some sleep from her eyes, she chuckled a little. Seeing him offer some of his pills, she took out the small pill bottle. She didn't even question them, taking out one and swallowing it. She offered him the same bottle, which he took pretty gingerly. He seemed to be in a lot of pain still, which Naomi didn't envy. "That... girl really did a number on you, didn't she?" Naomi asked, unaware of the events that had taken place inside of the shadows...

His next question caught Naomi a little off guard. Arching a brow, she couldn't help but chuckle at the question. "A-..uhm" Despite what she did for a living, the question still brought the faintest blush to her darker skin. She chuckled. "I... Well. I mean, I guess. I can't really deny a dying man his last wish." Naomi chuckled, but shook her head. "S-Sorry... bad joke."
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Nah, whatever chance you have to laugh in the face of death do it." he laughed with her. "As for my uh... gaping flesh wounds, this wasn't the work of the brat. No... something far worse, and every demon fears it. It's a kin to the Grim Reaper, but much more... blood lust driven. Really it's our version of old bone face, turns you into a bloody pile, rips out your soul, and drags you to the lowest circle of Hell. You'll never have to meet him though, as you are not a demon, and honestly I'd like to keep it that way." the pain medication was slowly starting to take affect. "I have to say humans make the best pain killers. The ones we took are basically a solid version of morphine, so you should be feeling it pretty quick here." Argus struggled to his feet wincing, and grunting as he did so. "Come on now I'm not going to sleep in your bed alone, that would just be rude and creepy." he laughed.

The demon struggled to get down the hallway and into Naomi's room, he practically fell into the bed. "I have to say though, you would make a great demon. With your body alone men would practically through their souls at you!" he called out to her. There was a small pause "Sorry I didn't mean that. The meds coupled with my near death experience leave me a bit lacking in the tact department, I didn't mean to offend." he was quiet for a moment. "Thanks for patching me up Naomi I know it must have been a hassle to get me back here, but doctors just creepy me out." he waited for her.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi wasn't sure if she was glad to hear that Argus's wounds weren't caused by the girl or not... From the sound of it, it seemed like the girl would have been a far easier alternative. Especially given how quickly Argus had been able to dispatch her. She sighed a little. ".... You have a grim reaper on the other side too? Wh-... Why was he after you? Were you that close to dying?" Naomi looked alarmed suddenly, though she couldn't help being at least a little relieved that this... thing wouldn't be coming after her. It seemed like everything in this world was after her... At least one thing wasn't? What a crappy consolation prize. Even for the optimist she was, she knew that had to be the dumbest excuse she'd come up with yet. But it did make her laugh a little... which was probably more due to the medication than anything. The pain in her shoulder had dulled a great deal and her focus was more on trying to make Argus comfortable than anything else. So, when it came time to get to her bedroom, she did her best to help him.

Once they were inside, she changed out of the dirty clothes she'd had on and threw a baggy shirt on over her body. She didn't really have anyone to impress and, again, she didn't feel very strange about taking her clothes off in front of Argus. However, turning around to see him in her bed, she did feel a little awkward again. Usually this scenario was pretty different. Usually she was getting paid for this sort of thing. Her face flushed a little, but she turned her gaze so that Argus wouldn't notice. She went to go sit beside him on the bed, suddenly rigid and unsure of what to do with herself. "Uhm... Hey... So... I'll just come right out and say it. I-I... I don't normally do the... 'sleeping over' thing. Usually ... whoever I'm with.. I just leave when everything's over. Whether it's just cuddling that they want or the usual stuff, I'm usually gone before anyone falls asleep. So... This is. ... This is weird for me." Naomi chuckled awkwardly. Though, she was glad that she let it out. She needed to get those words off of her chest to diffuse the tension she felt. With that, she started to lay down beside him, keeping her distance. She looked Argus in the eye for a few moments, before letting her gaze fall. "Hey... Weird question but.... Who's Sofia? You were saying her name a lot in your dreams... I... I didn't even think demons could dream."
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

He couldn't decide if he wanted to watch her undress, or do the more gentalmenly thing and cover his eyes... he decided to watch. He did more then his fair share chivalry these past couple days, and thought he could have used the nice reward. His eyes traced the curves of her body as she took off her clothes. A small frown appeared on his face as she put on a rather off putting sweater.

"Well if it makes you feel better we demons aren't accustom to cuddling either, but given the circumstances I don't really have a choice." he smiled. "Plus I really don't mind sleeping with a woman who everyone wants."

His smile quickly turned to a frown at the mention of the name in question. "Sophie.... she was my daughter. This cute, bright blue eyed, golden blond little bundle of joy." a small smile moved across his face. "She was six when he took her from me, can you believe that? What kind of monster kills a... a six year old child?" sadness started to well up in throat. "He made me watch as he...." tears stared to fall down his face. "Ugh... I'm sorry... so uncool when a man crys right?" he tried to laugh it off, but laughter turned to light sobbing. "Forgive me... this pain is mine to bare I don't want give you more to worry about." he slowly sat up and just stared into the dark room.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi probably would have slapped Argus had she noticed him eyeing her as she undressed. She already got enough of that during work! Her sentiments about her modesty were all pretty strange, really... As Naomi, she didn't really mind being nude in front of people. But she definitely didn't like it very much... But, whenever she stepped into her other persona, she really couldn't get enough of it. The attention.... She was addicted to it. It grasped her heart and soul every time she looked out upon a sea of eyes, lusting after her, following every move that she made. It was wonderful... until she got off stage and all she wanted to do was hide away at home. Shaking her head, Naomi finally went to sit on her bed. Her mind was already a mess so she didn't dare try to analyse it further. Instead, she focused her attention on Argus.

She felt badly almost immediately, deeply regretting the question she'd asked. "O-oh... I'm sorry that I brought up those memories" Reaching over, she shyly rested a hand on his shoulder, but hesitantly pulled it back. She didn't want him to sink into despair just before bed, so she nudged him a little. "H-hey... You should probably get some sleep. Forget I said anything, okay? You don't have to talk about anything you don't want to." Offering an encouraging smile, Naomi motioned for him to lay down. She laid down beside him as well. As she'd said, she wasn't really... used to cuddling, so she simply laid there. If he wanted to touch her, she'd allow it.. but she wasn't really certain what to do herself. Despite all he'd done, he was still a stranger to her....
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Status
Not open for further replies.