Shameful Confessions of a Roleplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Midnight Maiden

So we've all seen those silly images with pets and a sign that reads something like 'I ate the bed sheets', or 'You left your sandwich out on the counter, so I cleaned it up for you', right? (Note: if the answer is no, get out from under the rock you've been living under).

Well, I think we all have shameful confessions of our own- maybe not about peeing on the floor, sure(though I won't judge if so), but confessions nonetheless. Perhaps even on something we all do here.... Roleplaying!

So, here's a thread where you can get shameful confessions about roleplaying off of your chest and discuss them if you so please. For example, perhaps you take a long time to reply, post replies that are too long, or, if you're like me, get distracted either when you're trying to post or trying to read posts.

I'm a control freak when it comes to collaborating. Everything has to be pitch perfect or I wasn't there.

I take forever to reply to certain role-plays while others I reply to very quickly

but when someone else replies to all their other role-plays but not mine I go ';__; did I do something wrong'

*sprays self* bad opal *sprays* bad

Stopping whatever it is I'm doing in order to check if I have a reply.

Huh?
Someone is on fire?
I'll help in a second....Just...lemme....check....my phone reeeeal.... quick...

I'm a control freak when it comes to collaborating. Everything has to be pitch perfect or I wasn't there.
Understandable, as a perfectionist myself.

I take forever to reply to certain role-plays while others I reply to very quickly

but when someone else replies to all their other role-plays but not mine I go ';__; did I do something wrong'

*sprays self* bad opal *sprays* bad
OH MAN DO I HEAR YOU ON THIS. Although lately I've been failing at posting in *all* of my roleplays so it isn't as bad at the moment.

Huh?
Someone is on fire?
I also hear this. Although for me, it's more like I lose track of time because I get absorbed in it. ;_;

Reactions: ObsidianNyx

Huh?
Someone is on fire?
Omg I do this every. Single. Day. xD

"What happened to the alerts????"

o3o Not sure if you're just making a joke about alerts breaking when you don't seem to be getting any replies, or you're actually asking why your alerts keep breaking.

If it's the latter, this might help.

"Maybe they did reply, but alerts are down!"
*eagerly checks*......;__;...oh...

o3o Not sure if you're just making a joke about alerts breaking when you don't seem to be getting any replies, or you're actually asking why your alerts keep breaking.

If it's the latter, this might help.
No, I'm making a joke. :P

*pushes rock off of self*

@Opal pretty much posted my number one confession. Besides that, I do tend to get way too attached to characters. I really feel D': when someone is 'mean' to their char yet I'll be nasty to mine all the time.

When I first started roleplaying I hijacked two people's characters and disappeared from other RPs without letting my partners know why. I didn't know any better, but I'm still so very ashamed..... :'(

Reactions: Jorick
I lose interest if people don't post quickly.

Nevermind the fact that everyone has lives and it's totally impossible to expect everyone (including myself) to post once a day or so. Momentum is yuuuge. =[

I lose interest if people don't post quickly.

Nevermind the fact that everyone has lives and it's totally impossible to expect everyone (including myself) to post once a day or so. Momentum is yuuuge. =[

Omg, I'm so guilty of this too.... u_u

Outside of my undying love-affair with white space, I tend to let whatever mood I carry home from work influence my the style of my writing.

If I play against a character that is acting annoying, I tend to let my frustrations be voiced through my character.

Reactions: Jorick
I am downright horrible at describing locations and appearances.
Emotions and actions are easy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.