Shameful Confessions of a Roleplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if I have control issues or if I really am just more comfortable in 1x1 roleplays.
All of which plots/threads are made by me.

Could also be that I haven't really stumbled upon that many group rp's that I would really be into in the long run.
And due to having a tendency of being interested in something one minute, then over it in the next, I have become super critical of group rps.

Because what if I state my interest, then back out, and inconvenience a bunch of other people? At least if it is my own idea there is a chance I may not grow bored nearly as fast ( or at all ). Not to mention if that does happen with a 1x1 rp there would only be one person I'd have to apologize to, and not 4 or more.

What if I join, and am forced to wait a very long time for everyone else's IC post? As someone who remembers waiting months for posts I get paranoid that will happen again. Despite having decided to no longer be "too nice", and have my patience be pushed to the limits anymore.
I feel ya pal. Though I don't need to be the idea person :p

I usually get a reply out very fast, I just have problems starting sometimes, but if I don't know what I roughly wanna express in my post I don't start writing in the first place. Now, I would be fast if not for the fact I am also doing 200 other things and a post that would take me 20 minutes is finished after 5 hours. Also while I send my text through grammar correction when possible I don't proofread...and end up editing my post like 20 times over the next 24 hours cuz suddenly I see all those silly typos that a computer can't catch >_>.

Also when someone really pisses me off OOCly through pure stupidity I tend to avoid socializing with them ICly.

Oh, the biggest problem for me is though I tend to post close to dead-lines :(.

I think I rely on inspiration too much.

Inspiration is kind of fleeting, but if I was more disciplined, I think I would get more done. I put off replies too much, just waiting for inspiration to strike. I need to push myself more.

I lose interest if people don't post quickly.

Nevermind the fact that everyone has lives and it's totally impossible to expect everyone (including myself) to post once a day or so. Momentum is yuuuge. =[

I'm kind of the same, but opposite. Most of my RPs, I'll see about being a bit more lenient. I sort of require a post Once a Week. Not Once a Day that's unrealistic. But I give you Sunday up to Saturday of that week. That's 7 days to figure out something to post.

Which goes to my confession;

I'm really anal retentive about time management when it comes to RPs.

Oh gods.....roleplay confessions....

First off, I'm not a huge fan of most other people's premises. They're just boring and very conventional. I have a list of 'will' and 'won't' do's on my search thread, and people message me and specifically ask if I want to do something on my 'won't' list, then they get pissed because I say no.

I also have a hard time saying no to people. I try really hard to open my roleplay views and expand my writing, but certain things make me uncomfortable and when I'm not 100% on board with something, then I probably won't follow through with it.

Also, I take a long time to reply to most roleplays. Yep.... guilty of that one...

I disappear a lot without a word.

Oh gods....so guilty of this. I won't tell people half the time when I have to go out in the field for a week or two. Just don't care.

After posting a reply I come back to re-read it periodically, and edit any typo I may have missed the first few times.

OKAY so I have very many Sins to tell.

1-2) Technically this was my second account I deleted my first because I have a nasty habit of going on Hiatus when life goes down the shitter....
3) By god I need smut, I'm a lonely 20 year-old otaku with no bf in sight I NEED ACTION
4)Procrastination! I'M HORRIBLE IF I'M NOT IN THE MOOD
5) I over load of rps that I always forget

Typo/editing even days after a reply has been done. It's usually nothing that will impact the other person's reply it's more of a tweaking thing for me.

When an RP dies I feel like at times it's my fault. That I didn't do enough to keep someone interested.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I... often leave stuff that should have been in a post from the beginning out at first.

It's never intentional, I just get so wrapped up in writing for the character that I sometimes forget to describe them, the scene, or what they're doing. I usually catch it soon after posting, though.

In an ironic twist of fate, I forgot something!

I also used to repeat myself a lot to pad out posts, but after realising that it's command of language that matters and not length, I stopped that bad habit.

I... often leave stuff that should have been in a post from the beginning out at first.

It's never intentional, I just get so wrapped up in writing for the character that I sometimes forget to describe them, the scene, or what they're doing. I usually catch it soon after posting, though.

In an ironic twist of fate, I forgot something!

I also used to repeat myself a lot to pad out posts, but after realising that it's command of language that matters and not length, I stopped that bad habit.
I do the same thing. I always start my post where I get my spark of inspiration, and that usually is in the middle of the post. I'll start with dialogue or a particular interaction/reaction instead of starting from the beginning. Usually I remember to go back and add the 'beginning' of the post, but very occasionally I forget until after I've already hit 'post reply', and I'm like 'FUCK DON'T READ IT YET I FORGOT'

I have made some really really self insert-y characters and NO ONE CAUGHT ON (bwahahahahahaha!)

Sometimes I forget to write down little character details like birthdays or family names (if not that important) and then totally forget what they were and have to redo those aspects if they ever come up >w>;

If someone has rubbed me the wrong way enough and I haven't finished my character yet soooometimes I'll go onto the person's profile, look at the character traits they hate the most, and just mix those right into my character design. Sweet, sweet, pettiness.

I have one OC that I honestly really like, but whenever I try to app him for a rp... It dies very early.... He's cursed and I'm sorry...

I have a mild aversion to rping human characters. Your setting/plot/etc has to be pretty gosh darn amazing or already fit really well for one of my existing human OCs to get me to rp a human. I mean I have three Fire Emblem ocs and none of them are humans.
I have to pilot this human flesh prison every dang day! I don't want to pretend to be a human all the time too ;;

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Ugh, seeing a plot and being impulsive like "I wanna do that!" then you plan and stuff, and the thread is posted, and all of a sudden you're like "I don't know what to do, I'm not getting any muse! Work imagination, work! But it doesn't..."

Then a "I wanna do that!" and you're planning, and you're not really feeling the roleplay...

Last edited:
-holds up a sign-

When my partners go to work, I get lonely and spam them with imgur.

-stares ahead with a wide grin and flips the sign-

I altered my canon to save my ship. I'm not sorry. Snare is as epic as Rock.

@VeilofRain @Shirelin

I get bored and fling characters at people until they play more stuff with me.

@Lstorm @Aerylei @Patch-Work @Shirelin

I sign onto f-list when I'm horny just so I can make Jorick and Pahn read awful smut.

@Pahn @Jorick

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Jorick and Pahn
I "Hid" song lyrics as conversation between 2 characters once... It was so cringy that I suddenly remembered it years later and spent an hour hunting it down to edit it to where its normal XP

I also hinted about the topic of a private RP I was having with another member, so I once again spent an eternity hunting it down and editing it. I thought it would be funny and it was... But still cringy AF, so I had to remove it to never be seen again.

Both happened at about the same time so I guess I was trying to be the riddler for some odd reason DX

-holding signs with a shameful face-

I haven't played a straight character in years and have no intention on doing so.

I ship everything. I ship IT ALL AND YOU WONT HEAR THE LAST OF IT.

I skim read your post. I don't read it properly until I sit down to reply.

I get bursts of replying every day and refreshing Iwaku constantly, then I don't reply for a week 8)

If you haven't replied in a week, I stalk your profile to see if you hate me and our roleplay :D

Hates all that emo 'twisted' RP bullshit, but also is that emo bullshit.

lmao shame me

I am a control freak, to a certain extent. I will visualize where I want an rp to go and what I want to happen long before it even comes close to that point. In some cases I can modify those ideas to how the story's going, but in a few situations when things don't go the way I want, I'm bashing my head against the wall. Being non-confrontational, I'll usually keep quiet and continue on, but in my head I'm grumbling and whining about it.

I get attached to certain characters which makes the rps they are in easier to reply to than others. I can force a character out, but I feel like...well, exactly that. When a character doesn't come naturally, I tend to be a bit less enthusiastic about what happens to them.

I also tend to be a chameleon when it comes to writing. I literally match how my partner responds. I'm not talking about word for word where I'm giving them the exact same numbers, but style wise. If someone gives short, choppy replies, I give the same back. If someone gives me long paragraphs, I match them. In some cases I say the content matches as well, but that just might be my opinion.

I am also a sucker for drama and putting my characters through hell. I'm one of those types who don't believe in happy endings. When I see one coming, I have to throw a wrench in the works. Fortunately, most of my partners are happy to let me torture my characters as much as I want to.

If an rp is going too slow, I grow extremly bored of it and dread when the partner responds, but I'm too much of a pussy to cut them or end the rp with them.

And if an rp is going super super good, I will literally sit and stare at my phone and refresh the page until I get the notif XDD

I also stalk people, a lot. XDD like if we are rping and its going really good, I will check like every 4 minutes and see what you did last, refresh the chat like a mad man. I kinda see it as a compliment, that I'm so excited and into our rp, but it can come off weird.

I have wayyyyyy too much time on my hands, I'm in highschool still but we I get everything done within like 10 minutes so I'm never busy XDD

Last edited:
I can only play gay women and men?? my men are usually androgynous and my women are queens... agender charas are my jam​

if I came late to an rp and there's already been a lotttt of posts, there's a high chance I just skim read everything. ​

refreshing a page is commonplace for me when I'm impatient for interest or replies.​

certain people rub me the wrong way and it tends to leak into their charas too so I'll inherently dislike some charas for no particular reason.. this is one of my most troublesome confessions. I love everyone! I just don't always like everyone​

sometimes I base my character off their appearance //hides face in shame​

I take forever to reply sometimes. Like, even after starting a post and talking to my partner I can still take days. Also, I post novels sometimes, which can be a real turn-off for some people, I guess. I'm also a needy partner. I don't need immediate responses or anything, but I need feedback. Tell me you loved my post, tell me if you want me to change things. Talk to me and tell me all about how my writing is. Sometimes even a simple rating will suffice, but dammit, gimme something. ;__;

• Thank You
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Status
Not open for further replies.