Shameful Confessions of a Roleplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I owe a reply?

... it can wait.

Sometimes I won't reply simply because I don't feel like it. I'm also incredibly bad with filler, and thus my posts tend to be somewhat short compared to my partner's.

I tend to forgot to reply to off-sites roleplays. @Greenie can attest to this.

I also tend to forgot or take way too long to reply to PM messages, but get a little mad when others don't respond quickly.

When my partners take too long to reply or start replying in a way that annoys me i tend to make them wait or not reply at all instead of trying to discuss what the problem is.

I can start off strong with 2-3 decent paragraphs but quickly fall to 1 and i justify it with "Well my character just did/said a thing! their character now needs to react to this" when really i could add more with what my character is thinking/ environment etc. (I'm trying to get better though!)

I can't do any RPs that don't involve smutt because the weird sexual fantasies/ shipping are my main motivation for RPing.

I love trying to make my character always have one dark secret that none of the other player characters should know about. (even if I'm supposed to be playing a good guy / be in a good faction / it will likely blow up in my (character's) face)

Sometimes I do just re-skin characters I like, either my own or others, and let the RP twist them into a new incarnation.

I go into action roleplays and then I turn them into dramas. I have just dubbed what I do "mainly drambat"

Sometimes I do just re-skin characters I like, either my own or others, and let the RP twist them into a new incarnation.

SO GUILTY OF THIS

I have like.... 8 characters that i just re-use the images of and re-tool their personalities every time.

Reactions: foodforpigs
SO GUILTY OF THIS

I have like.... 8 characters that i just re-use the images of and re-tool their personalities every time.
I do this quite a bit as well, although I never took it as a shameful confession. XD I dunno, I just like dumping my characters in different universes and seeing how they'd fare there. I have one character, Meg, who I've so far carried into four different AUs. ^_^'

Last edited:
How does create personality?

Seriously, every single character of mine is basically me personality-wise.

I have a LOT of roleplay sins to confess.

I am an incredibly slow poster, and I post massive posts that literally nobody probably reads except for me; they likely just skim them. I can't really blame them for that, because chances are that half of the 4000 words I've written is in either a conlang that I've come up with for the RP, or related to some medieval historical tradition that I've been learning about at uni.

I don't have any straight characters, but I get irrationally annoyed when people assume every character I have is gay. It's paradoxical. I also don't play female characters, but it's not because I don't like female characters - and in my Dungeons and Dragons game that I GM; about 70% of the NPCs are female. I just have a weird Hangup with playing a female character in an RP.

If you read a lot of roleplay posts that I write, you'll see a lot of similarities in body language across characters. Particularly in the following; "his eyes narrowed", "his fingers curled at his sides", and "he grit his teeth." Those are probably the worst offenders.

I am pretty insecure about my writings and ideas, and will pretty much constantly refresh my alerts to see if anything I've written has gotten likes. It's genuinely sort of pathetic but ! I own up to it.

I used to do nasty, smutty RP on World of Warcraft. I don't particularly regret it. (
With Death Knights. Icky.)

If my character isn't a total ass hole and/or a chaotic nut bar constantly making things worse I get quickly bored of playing them.

I always talk about how much I like slow burns but really on the inside I'm sitting here going 'JUST KISS ALREADY'

The hell...!

You people are all terrifying. (jk) (maybe)

Lessee - evil crap about my RP. Where to start?

I'm not worried about being a brilliant writer. I know my background is really different from most everyone I see posting on Iwaku (because of the references people make), so I can't sweat it. I'm odd, I'm weird, here's my bit and take it or leave it. Though it does make me happy to see a "Like"!

I, too, prefer a fast clip in an RP - just for the excitement of the momentum - and because I'm afraid if the pace drops, the RP will die a horrible death. I'm always scenting corpses. And I'm always bursting at the seams to make my next post, but will wait until everyone (that needs to) has had their turn. (I don't get angry at how slow anyone is, or if I don't hear from someone in a PM).

I do get riled if someone hijacks my character.

I think my posts are probably too long for some people's comfort.

I have more fun playing a male -- or a character that could be either gender. (For instance, my character Jinks, a 6 ft. redhead on the run, needs to change identities constantly.) My male characters are more easily written and have MUCH more scope.

My female characters veer towards hard as hell (with a few exceptions) and sometimes downright evil.

Those of my characters that mean anything at all to me, take on a life of their own and I don't have much control over their direction. (If I could voice an obscenity here, I would - but it just wouldn't be polite.) Yet, no matter how they drive me crazy, I will defend their non-existent right to live their own lives -- to the end!

I'm known in some small circles for my erotic writing - what you peasants call smut! :devilfire: But I'm very careful about who sees that.

It just about KILLS me to write with the voice of a child or an animal. I mean, Christopher Columbus, I can do it. But the PAIN! Gahr.

I think those are enough writing sins for now, although there is much much more.

My writing muse is extremely fickle and I usually don't try to fight it. I might write three posts per day for one roleplay and leave another hanging for over a week. What I write depends on whatever I feel like doing, not what I should do based on time and whatnot.

I'm awful about describing settings and appearances and such. I totally can do it, I just rarely remember to do so.

My posts are usually far longer than they need to be, and a large part of the reason is I spend way too much time inside my characters' heads and writing about things that my roleplay partner(s) can't really respond to. I should really just fuck off and go write a novel or something because that would be acceptable, but roleplaying is fun and I have failed in all my attempts to alter that writing style of mine to be better suited for roleplaying. >:[

Also beginning to notice I tend to set myself up for failure in PVP combat situations despite believing myself skilled at writing them. How? I elaborate too much on my character's plan of attack (which is then almost 90 percent of the time predicted and prevented by others in the roleplay).

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
My posts are usually far longer than they need to be, and a large part of the reason is I spend way too much time inside my characters' heads and writing about things that my roleplay partner(s) can't really respond to. I should really just fuck off and go write a novel or something because that would be acceptable, but roleplaying is fun and I have failed in all my attempts to alter that writing style of mine to be better suited for roleplaying. >:[
is ok bby I love ur 3k words posts <3 <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jorick
Status
Not open for further replies.