Shameful Confessions of a Roleplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disappear a lot without a word.
I am definitely guilty of this as well as still being around but not replying to any of my roleplays and having an excessive amount of excuses as to why.

I don't like speed of light chat rps. Not my style. I need to be slow and calculating.

When I read other roleplays I tend to have the urge to correct their spelling. Lol So silly but true.

I prefer to play boys over girls. My girl's tend to come out flat, I don't know why.

I love making immortals that appear young like preteen to early teen. I have two characters who are this way. One lies his ass off to get his way. I blame Anne Rice's Claudia. She lured me to the idea early in my writing career.

I'm a serial week-long disappearing act and I have a thing about getting lots of ideas all at once and getting tired of them 0.1 seconds later. There! I said it!

Oh yeah, and I have a tendency to accept all PMs requesting a rp no matter how busy I really am.

...I'm horrible ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this stupid habit where I'll be essentially making a reply as I read my partner's post, then somehow process that as the reply having been written already, and proceed to wait for my partner's next reply, only to find out a week later that I never replied and it's my turn.

Also, when my favourite roleplays don't reply to me often, I kind of get blocked. I can't reply to the other ones until I get a reply from my favourites ;_; I'm horrible, I know.

Oh, your character interacted with mine? TIME TO SHIP IT, IF ONLY JOKINGLY AND OR IN SILLY CRACK FICS

I make people wait foreverrrrr for replies from me, but expect them to reply super fast. I also sometimes don't reply to a bunch of rps but reply a bunch to one or two in particular. Reallyyyyy bad about this. ;_;

I enjoy torturing my characters way too much.

The majority of the time, I play female characters. I want to play males, but I just feel like I'm really bad at it.

And what might be one of my biggest sins is that I often join way too many rps at once and thus end up feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and not posting very often(or perhaps at all) in a few. I DON'T MEAN TO, IT'S JUST THAT THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT RP IDEAS OUT THERE. WHYYYYYYYYY

I am a character creator freak. Meaning I am always creating nee characters, whether I have a roleplay for them or not.

/looks around at all the characters I have made/

Reactions: Jorick
I apologize to anyone that has ever dealt with any of my male characters.

IBm7nyS.gif

I make them all assholes. I'm sorry.

i always try to convince myself that slice-of-life roleplays are all i need. but nope. theyre not. i know there are some people that swear by them, and those are the only things they RP, but i rp to escape real life. throw in some witches and we'll talk, lmao.

and also ^^^^ this coding bullshit? i do it all the fucking time. it just bugs me when i don't post like this. i PM like this too, and im sure my partners hate it.

and to anyone who i've tried roleplaying with: sorry.
and anyone who i've dropped before and tried roleplaying with: im so sorry

im trash and i fall off of the face of the earth every three months l m a o

and to anyone who i've tried roleplaying with: sorry.
Ah, don't worry there. We all still love ya'.

Unsure if I have control issues or if I really am just more comfortable in 1x1 roleplays.
All of which plots/threads are made by me.

Could also be that I haven't really stumbled upon that many group rp's that I would really be into in the long run.
And due to having a tendency of being interested in something one minute, then over it in the next, I have become super critical of group rps.

Because what if I state my interest, then back out, and inconvenience a bunch of other people? At least if it is my own idea there is a chance I may not grow bored nearly as fast ( or at all ). Not to mention if that does happen with a 1x1 rp there would only be one person I'd have to apologize to, and not 4 or more.

What if I join, and am forced to wait a very long time for everyone else's IC post? As someone who remembers waiting months for posts I get paranoid that will happen again. Despite having decided to no longer be "too nice", and have my patience be pushed to the limits anymore.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
No romance? I'm really not interested. I'm a trashy shipper and get horribly bored if I can't write regular bouts of romance and smut into my RPs.

Also really guilty of only playing sunshine and rainbows in my RPs, if I'm honest. I shy away from drama (I find it stressful in large or frequently-recurring quantities), angst/sadness (would really prefer not to touch this) or combat sequences (obnoxiously boring for me personally when it drags) unless they're gonna be short-term and have a planned ending.

I don't communicate well with most partners until something's really, really bothering me. I'll sit and squirm on something until it's been an obnoxious delay to the normal posting schedule, at which point I'll either fade away and feel guilty for about three months for not responding, or will rush everything out in an incoherent babble punctuated with profuse apologies. It normally doesn't end well for me either way.

Last and probably worst confession: I can't write with someone unless it feels right, which feels terrible to say. Sometimes something clicks immediately and I end up really attached to the RP, and sometimes it just won't happen but I feel too awkward to tell the partner outright. I hate that I can't just... you know, adapt well.

I shy away from drama (I find it stressful in large or frequently-recurring quantities), angst/sadness (would really prefer not to touch this)
I can relate to this a whole lot. Even if there is drama/angst etc, I try to keep some light heartedness otherwise I feel really sad and depressed.

Ahem...

... I have a tendency that if I REALLY like an idea, my brain will run with it to the ends of the earth. Nevermind roleplaying it, my imagination will run through full storylines in brief seconds as I try to imagine all the ways it could end up turning out.

My second confession is that if I'm listening to music, you better damn well expect me to stop if I get a song that I like just to imagine a scenario playing out to the music. This has a tendency to be very bad with fight scenes, but I've also had it happen a lot with self-sacrifice scenes too.

Also, all of my characters have a tendency to think logically, as I am not able to play an illogical character for the life of me. Not for lack of trying....

... I have a tendency that if I REALLY like an idea, my brain will run with it to the ends of the earth. Nevermind roleplaying it, my imagination will run through full storylines in brief seconds as I try to imagine all the ways it could end up turning out.
Oh, yeah, this. I do this a lot, too.

No romance? I'm really not interested. I'm a trashy shipper and get horribly bored if I can't write regular bouts of romance and smut into my RPs.

Last and probably worst confession: I can't write with someone unless it feels right, which feels terrible to say. Sometimes something clicks immediately and I end up really attached to the RP, and sometimes it just won't happen but I feel too awkward to tell the partner outright. I hate that I can't just... you know, adapt well.
Yup. 100% me for both of these. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.