D

Draugvan

Original poster
This is a group fandom rp based on the pick-your-path novel "Footsteps in the Fog". This thread is for OOC discussion regarding the events in the story. In order to more tightly manage turn order and in-character decision-making, and to impress upon players the importance of timely observations - please refrain from discussing the current scenario. Discussion of previously resolved scenarios is ok. This is otherwise an unrestricted thread. Non-players can feel free to jump in to discuss the rp under the same restrictions. This rp is made public for your amusement.

Other pages for this roleplay
BY INVITATION ONLY - Shadows in the Streets (Sign Ups)
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/shadows-in-the-streets-ic.159085/

Last edited by a moderator:
Tossed a character up, that's all you needed right?

Ye thanks! Just waiting on @Lady Turquoise Heart for a char. I will describe the turn order here so that the IC thread can be 100% narrative. Unless you guys want to add a friend to play, we'll be continuing with us four.​

This is more of a game than a story. I hope it plays well e.e

(Hey um i haven't read this so umm...) Hey y'all!​

Now that we're all here, I'll post the turn order and rules for review below. When everyone is ok with that, say, by dropping a like on the comment, I'll open up the IC thread and start our story. Feel free to comment improvements on the turn order before we start, as it will not be changed mid-game.

Turn Order
**Start of Turn**
(GM) Narration
(Players) Discussion
(Players) Decision
(GM) Outcome
(Players) Response / Harm / Death
**End of Turn**​

(GM) Narration
This is the opening post to each round, setting the scene for what is to come. You will be given reasonable grounds to make the correct decision. However my part in this is to muddy the waters and make chasing shadows difficult. Use sensory clues provided to you and you may just see the night out. Everything you read here will be your chars' situational awareness, regardless of what may be in the environment. As such you are all on equal footing. You will be given rough ideas of possible courses of action. In the second round onward the narrative post will detail the status of each character.
Common statuses:
[Revhan is behind]
[Rehavn has lost chase!]
[Rehvan is limping]
[Rehvan is hot on the killer's heel!] [...]

(Player) Discussion
Using what you have observed, attempt to persuade the other characters what you think the right course of action might be. This may be an appeal to logic, emotion, inspiration, or any other way your chars might insist themselves. You might end this post after speaking your point, though players particularly sure of themselves can go ahead and act in order to gain some footing on the killer ;). All players must type a discussion post before proceeding turn order. Posts order here is first-come-first-served (i.e. no order).
Short example:
Rehvan turns over the coin in his hand, remarking at the polished sheen. "Clearly this man is meticulous..." he forwarded. "...he will try to cover every angle." [...]

(Player) Decision
If you have not taken immediate action, you may now consider all discussion posts before making your decision. This takes a normal amount of time, from an in-character stand-point. You are advised to hear the others out before acting if you wish to succeed. This is a simple post along the lines of:
Rehvan inspects the bottle; or
Rehvan races down the south street [...]
All players must type a decision post before proceeding turn order, except where they have taken immediate action prior which is to be considered a statement of decision. Posts order here is first-come-first-served (i.e. no order). The first player to post will act chronologically first, the next will be second, and third is last to act. This will be relevant in the case of one-off pitfalls or mis-steps.

(GM) Outcome
This is a narrative post with details on the outcome of each course of action taken. It will be written in chronological order as detailed above. This is the exciting part! Most outcomes will be decided ahead of time, though some will be ad-libbed in the case of detectives who think outside the box -.o
Short example:
The cobblestone stair falls out under the weight of Rehvan's portly figure! [Fall behind]
Common outcomes:
[Fall behind]
[Catch up]
[You have lost chase!]
[Wound <body part>]
[Blinded]
[Death] [...]​
You must accept the outcome. Outcomes such as injury and death are auto-hits, but are not limited to the examples given.

(Players) Response / Harm / Death
Here is when you write your own reactions to what is happening. Crying out in pain and exclamation, cursing the night and getting back into the chase, or final last words. You have a free moment here express yourselves as the killer observes the ensuing panic. You do not need to rp quick here, as it is one of the finer moments to define your character.
Short example:
Rehvan takes ten steps down the south street but dismays to hear the footsteps of the others take off in another direction. With a cuss on Her Majesty's name, he takes a stiff breath and compels his feet to move him faster after his company. [...]
All players must type a response post before proceeding turn order. Posts order here is first-come-first-served (i.e. no order).

Things to Note
-The closer you are behind the killer, the less time he has to prepare.
-You have a finitely rational, but undetermined amount of coin money on you. Use this to your advantage.
-You all succeed even if only one detective catches up to and arrests the killer.
-Turn order will cease if the killer is caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please comment if dissatisfied with these rules, or if you need a point clarified.

Sorry, School has been rough lately. I am already doing bad in quite a few classes. I will try and be as active as i can!

Reactions: Draugvan
Haha, math ia the only one i'm having trouble in with those two! i got a A+ in science.

Sorry, I read "comment if you're dissatisfied" as "don't comment if you're happy with it." owo'

All is well and good with me man. I've just been on holidays for the last week so sorry I'm a tad late. Still got another week left, but I'll be checking in morr often.

Sweet the IC thread is up! You have all been tagged so you know where to find it. Keep the turn order in mind and start posting :D. We can keep updated here as the story continues. I hope you all have fun.​

Question: is the discussion done in-character or ((OOC))?