Shadowlands: The Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so horrible about thanksgiving?!

See, that's the side that no one ever cares to think about. Its stupid that the victors get to write history.

Mmm... No, not really. Now Columbus Day, that's a day of mourning. But Thanksgiving was simply a day to celebrate a good harvest, same as the Spring Festival in China, or many others in tons of other cultures. It really had little to nothing to do with the Native Americans, excepting the fact that the Native Americans helped them make the harvest possible. Even if they hadn't, the Europeans would've figure it out on their own and gone around killing people eventually. As it was, it probably helped maintain the peace a little bit longer.

Mmm... No, not really. Now Columbus Day, that's a day of mourning. But Thanksgiving was simply a day to celebrate a good harvest, same as the Spring Festival in China, or many others in tons of other cultures. It really had little to nothing to do with the Native Americans, excepting the fact that the Native Americans helped them make the harvest possible. Even if they hadn't, the Europeans would've figure it out on their own and gone around killing people eventually. As it was, it probably helped maintain the peace a little bit longer.
You should do more research because that's not all what happened.

We really shouldn't get into the debate here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Shadicmaster
I see. I did some more research on your suggestion. There are a number of reports, heavily hidden underneath heavy and completely unnecessary prose meant to introduce the issue, that the "first" Thanksgiving was in the midst of and celebrated because of a massacre of Native American people. That is a reason to mourn. I still like Thanksgiving as a day to give thanks for all the blessings we have, and also because my mother was born on a thanksgiving, but I see where you're coming from.
Not here please

Wouldn't the pride also celebrate the birth of Ashura along with K'wanza? their fraternal twins so they were born on the same day.

Was that put into the CS sheets? (cause I saw first born on Shad's sheet)

Was that put into the CS sheets? (cause I saw first born on Shad's sheet)
No but i figured "born shortly after K'wanza" should have been enough.

He's still first born Ashura was just born not long after on the same day.

Name: Ashura
Age: 10 months (I'd say K'wanza and Ashura were born on the same day K'wanza was just first).
Gender/Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Species: Lion duh.
Role: Princess
Kin: Younger siblings to Tayba and K'wanza. (And perhaps another princess).
Mate: None
Crush: None
Allies: Her pride duh
Description (height, weight, eye colour, tuft or no tuft, etc)
For a cub she's quite large and intimidating her front claws became permanently extended when she was just 4 months old and has tuft of hair on her head that's the same color as the rest of her fur she also has similar shoulder tufts and a recognizeable trait from her is she has some kind of thin dorsal stripe running down from her forhead to her tail, she would be one scary looking lionesses when she grows up.
shajena_by_sickrogue-d4p9da3.png
History: She was born not long after K'wanza and both she never knows what the pridelands looks like, she never ever liked the idea of Tayba being next to the throne she feels that K'wanza should have been as he was first born and not adopted like Tayba thus she never really liked him as a brother.
Not long doesn't mean twins, it could mean months after. I will let it pass this time, next time I want specifics. I'm not a mind reader ^.^

Yea i'l be more specific next time also might wanna tag every who's in the rp to let them know the IC is up.

They'll get it from the reply, but I am also going to try and put it on the OP

RRT5

Name: Chriki
Species: Lion
Role: Pride member
Kin: Goma (mother), Jaali (father)
Crush: Koda
Allies: None
Description: One of the rounder members, not sharp like Zira. Her fur is of a darker color, with an unusual, spiral-dot pattern of lighter color across the upper half of her right flank, going along down further until it reached the tip of her tail. I think kind of like this, but a little longer/lankier:
lion_king_oc_by_bramblehawk-d59n3ua.png
History: She grew up in the pride, a young girl when they went on their little trip. Both her parents are older, but alive. There's nothing really special about her past.
Other

Last edited:
Name: Chriki
Species: Lion
Role: Pride member
Kin: Goma (mother), Jaali (father)
Crush: None so far
Allies: None
Description: One of the rounder members, not sharp like Zira. Her fur is of a darker color, with an unusual, spiral-dot pattern of lighter color across the upper half of her right flank, going along down further until it reached the tip of her tail. I think kind of like this, but a little longer/lankier:
History: She grew up in the pride, a young girl when they went on their little trip. Both her parents are older, but alive. There's nothing really special about her past.
Is it alright if Tayba crushes on her?

Yes, totally fine! I've never successfully pulled off romance in an RP (only been RPing for a few months) as it is, so I'm always interested to see if any of my characters will manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.