Original poster
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/shadowlands-the-kingdom.85799/

Fa see, le sou, lee ah, hallah le la
Fa see, le sou, lee ah, hallah le la
Shadowland, the leaves have fallen
The shadowed land, this was our home
The river's dry, the ground has broken
So I must go, now I must go

It's just a couple of years after Simba cast out the 'Outlanders', including some innocent members of the pride. Forced to scratch a living off rocks and coming up with nothing, they all know that something has to give. Their 'pride' is too large, and cubs are starving. A decision is made, and the Outlanders agree to split up, one group stays in the Outlands while the other half is banished forever. But the real question came up to who; who would stay, and who would leave? The war within their own pride began, and ended with some outlanders finally giving and deciding to leave, with no ceremonious well travels, no remorse.

And where the journey may lead me
Let your prayers be my guide
I cannot stay here, my family
But I'll remember my pride

While the outlanders had found peace with the Pridelanders, those who were cast out even from their own are still gone; no trace, no sign of where they could have ventured to. Until now. A new royal line was made, a new kingdom, was made in another place. Soon wind of this new Pride, this new royalty, spreads to the Pridelands.
After a short visit, the Pridelanders soon realize that after casting out their kin, they had made a serious mistake, but never return.

So, who is this new Pride? Where are they and how big of a kingdom do they actually have? Their start was tragic; along the long, long trek across deserts and vast plains, they had lost many cubs, and all the elders of their small pride. Until they found the perfect place; a place that all could call home. A large cliff side rock that opened up to the vast plains of the lands, many trees scattered around, and a river to drink from just a mile away from their densite. It was a utopia everyone had hoped for, and together, they made a life there, governing their kingdom.
images

But this land wasn't without it's miseries; hunters began to seek out lions and kill them.But going back wasn't a choice, and they would not be run out of another home. Either fight, or flight.

Do not kill needlessly
Help those in need of dire help
Investigate any crime
Peace above all
Hunt only when pride needs meals
Do not brag about kills, the circle of life means life itself
If proven guilty of murder, banishment will ensue. If found on the lands, death will be granted.

Appendix

King: OPEN
Queen: OPEN

Prince(s)/Princess(s)
Prince spot 1: OPEN
Prince Spot 2: OPEN
Princess Spot 1: Ashura (@ResolverOshawott)
Princess Spot 2: Zuri (@MiraiNikki021209)
Pride
Jenna @ResolverOshawott
Koda (@MiraiNikki021209)
Ahmi (@MiraiNikki021209)
Eshe (@firejay1)
Chriki (@firejay1)
Other Animals/Loners
Utulivu (@firejay1)

This was not meant to be a copy cat move from another roleplay we have hanging around here, just had an idea.
Rules
1. GM's word is final. If I say no to your character, that's it
2. Respect your fellow roleplayers
3. Normal roleplay laws apply here, obviously so does Iwaku rules
4. No mature content (take your 'happiness' somewhere else please and in the right age groups!)
5. Please don't do chat speak
6. OOC is for HERE, not the IC thread. I will report your post if it is OOC if it is in IC, be warned.
7. Only 2 Princes and 2 Princesses
8. You can be other species!
9. This is about lions, not mutants with lazers coming out of their eyes, keep it real.
10. On that note your character can die, but you are more than welcome to introduce another!
11. Three characters per person (including GM though I will play NPCs to help the story along), and only one serious position (king, queen, etc) if they are not already taken
12. Have fun! Put RRT5 in your post if you've read the rules.

P.S I will call you out if you disobey any of these.

Character Sheet

Name
Sexual Orientation
Species
Role
Kin
Mate
Crush
Allies
Description (height, weight, eye colour, tuft or no tuft, etc)
Picture
History
Other

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Shadicmaster
count me in! Prince and a vulture reserve please!

Name
K'wanza
(without the apostraphy, it literally means first in swahili)
Sexual Orientation
straight
Species
lion
Role
prince
Kin
tba (until other cs are up)
Mate
tba
Crush
tba
Allies
Tayba
Picture
hey__by_turntechno-d6yplel.png

king__by_turntechno-d6wmzun.png

History
The firstborn son of the new royal family, K'wanza is the technical first in line to the throne, though he still must yield to the guidance of his older adoptive brother, Tayba, as he will be taking the throne due to his age instead of his bloodline. Having born within the Shadow Lands, only a month after the pride's arrival, the first to be born of the entire pride, K'wanza was cerrimonially named first, not only as the true first born of the royal family, but also as the first born of the pride in its new home, a symbol of hope and longevity of their new home. K'wanza has always had a kind heart deep down, even if he wont always show it to others, being bossy and cocky at times. Some time during the long migration, a palm nut vulture with severe memory loss was found, being collectively named Walio by the tribe. Ever since the birth of K'wanza, the bird has been the cub's guide, playmate, and guardian, fufilling a similar role to zazu in the pride lands (from the swahili word for lost 'waliopotea') .

Last edited:
Name
Walio
Gender/Sex
Male
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Species
Palm nut vulture
Role
Prince's advisor and accompaniment (friend for short xP)
Kin
tba
Mate
tba
Crush
tba
Allies
K'wanza
Tayba
Picture
2209240935_331747e0_327w.jpg

History
The only 'history' that Walio knows of is laying on the ground for a long period of time before being found by a large wandering pride of lions. Ever since having been taken in, the bird would serve in whatever need nessisary, trying to be useful to the lions. Now, he serves as a playmate (not always the most glamourous job) and also as an advisor to K'wanza
Other
memories and other information to be filled in through the rp

Last edited:
*Tayba is technically his brother and the eldest brother. While your character will be biologically the first born cub, he'll still be younger sibling to Tayba.

..... did i put it wrong in there...? Technically, by blood he would be the heir, but i put in there that tayba is the heir due to age. Did that not sound right...? Sounded logical enough in my head >.>(lives off of the very essence of logic *is vulcan*)

Oh yeah, it was fine just wanted to prevent any future confusion. Love your character!

P.S Logic of vulcans is flawed. If you want to, we can have a discussion on it through PM (I have yet to find a Star Trek discussion buddy)

I would, but you have a full inbox

Fixed! sorry about that, I forgot that it can get full

Name: Ashura
Age: 10 months (I'd say K'wanza and Ashura were born on the same day K'wanza was just first).
Gender/Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Species: Lion duh.
Role: Princess
Kin: Younger siblings to Tayba and K'wanza. (And perhaps another princess).
Mate: None
Crush: None
Allies: Her pride duh
Description (height, weight, eye colour, tuft or no tuft, etc)
For a cub she's quite large and intimidating her front claws became permanently extended when she was just 4 months old and has tuft of hair on her head that's the same color as the rest of her fur she also has similar shoulder tufts and a recognizeable trait from her is she has some kind of thin dorsal stripe running down from her forhead to her tail, she would be one scary looking lionesses when she grows up.

shajena_by_sickrogue-d4p9da3.png

History: She was born not long after K'wanza and both she never knows what the pridelands looks like, she never ever liked the idea of Tayba being next to the throne she feels that K'wanza should have been as he was first born and not adopted like Tayba thus she never really liked him as a brother.
Other

Something doesn't add up though guys.

Tayba was a cub when they made the trek; and he's an adult now. Wouldn't your characters be adults too if that were the case? When Tayba made the trek, he was just a small, small cub. He hardly remembers it.

I know I should have mentioned this in the original post and that's my bad, but the ages have to add up.

Reactions: Quiet Souris
Something doesn't add up though guys.
Tayba was a cub when they made the trek; and he's an adult now. Wouldn't your characters be adults too if that were the case? When Tayba made the trek, he was just a small, small cub. He hardly remembers it.
I know I should have mentioned this in the original post and that's my bad, but the ages have to add up.
Ah il change it then i'l make it where she was born in the shadowlands.

Ah il change it then i'l make it where she was born in the shadowlands.
If she was born in the Shadowlands, she won't be the princess.

If you look at my CS, you'll find that he was made to take care of his younger siblings when they were born. and they would not have been born when they left the Shadowlands or on the journey.

Yes, and before you make your character a young adult if she remains the princess, you have to go over it with @Shadicmaster

Pretty sure a pride can have multiple princes and princesses.
And also i would have loved it if we could play them as cubs.
And our other roleplayer claimed first born, which means he is older than your character, and their character is a cub. Which means, your character would be a cub as well. See the dilemma yet? I'm not meaning to come off as rude.

My character is a young adult.

All I am asking is for you to change the trek in the Shadowlands part, not for you to redo your CS. I'll be asking Shadicmaster to do the same.

I have to apologize by the way, I did not catch this until now.

And our other roleplayer claimed first born, which means he is older than your character, and their character is a cub. Which means, your character would be a cub as well. See the dilemma yet? I'm not meaning to come off as rude.
My character is a young adult.
All I am asking is for you to change the trek in the Shadowlands part, not for you to redo your CS. I'll be asking Shadicmaster to do the same.
I have to apologize by the way, I did not catch this until now.
I did i erased any mention of the trak to the shadowlands from her CS.

That's fine ^.^ I'm sorry for the mix up.

Love your avatar by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.