Seito-kai no Nichijō Seikatsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kage, I don't think baseball bats and brass knuckles are allowed in school. Plus, what would you do? Go around attacking everyone until you happen to hit the culprit." Ayano stated to him. She watched as the others began coming in and they were discussing the shoe bandit. "It's best to find out who it is, before we go attacking anyone." She added to her reply. She then stared at Naoto's drawing. She highly doubted that the culprit was going around wearing something to cover their face. They would probably be able to see them if they caught them in the act. "Why don't we set up a trap. Put out some shoes, have the shoe bandit come, then we'll see who it is." Ayano said. She went to swing her bag over her shoulder and everything suddenly began to fall out. She stood there for a momenta after everything was out, then bent down and started to pick everything up and put it back into her bag. She acted like it wasn't too big of a deal that that just happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Chiasa took out a notebook and started to write down what the others were saying. She nodded as she wrote. The more they talked about it the more excited she became. I am so glad this isn't like Kaimei's student council! But when they have a problem, who do they turn to? A smile slowly stretched across her face as the thought ran through her mind. That's right! If anyone could help solve this case they can! She giggled as she started to copy down the drawing Kisaragi-senpai had made on the board. "I agree with Nakamura-san, a trap! The sooner we set to action the sooner we can get everyone's stuff back."

She finished the drawing then put the notebook in her lap. "Is it possible to make a list of suspects yet? And, if we do set a trap, I will volunteer my shoes for bait! I will accept it as punishment for being so late the other day." She looked to the floor nervously. "Besides...I have a bunch of other shoes to wear since I'm storing some of my cosplay here anyway." When Nakamura's bag spilled she rushed over to help though she still avoided eye contact.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
"While that certainly sounds like a good idea, I doubt he'd be that stupid as to take a bait so obviously placed after majority-or all, I don't know- of the shoes are taken." said Naoto with a small shrug, always the devil's advocate. It was almost as if he knew perfectly well what criminals think. Somehow, it wasn't so hard to believe if he did. In fact, a little more and he'd be a pretty good suspect. He drew malicious eyes on his illustration.

Reactions: 2 people
Kurosawa sat down in a meditating position. He crossed his hands as he glanced downwards. What would the Honorable Minister Mitsumasa do in such a time as this? What would the Emperor command of me? How would the Daimyo Oda act? And what would the Legendary Samurai Miyamoto do? Kurosawa glanced forward growling "Accursed Yokai! It's actions are making a mockery of the institution. I swear by the Land of the Rising Sun this Yokai will be vanquished!" Kurosawa stood up instinctively reaching towards his back, then stopped.

Everyone's so fired up! Still in his casual pose, Kouta grinned at his own thoughts. But then, why wouldn't they be? When kaichou is so upset, and all those students are counting on us, we can't back down! Even so, he had to admit - if only to himself - that they needed a good plan if they were going to bring that thief to justice. His gaze dropped to something in his hands as he listened to the others.

"What would Gunpei choose as his plan of action?" he mused aloud. He thought, and thought, and then answered himself: "Not to be hotheaded...we have to think and then act. When we act, it'll be a strike without hesitation! We can't go around blindly punishing the innocent people who have placed their trust with us!"

He looked up suddenly; an idea had sprung to mind. "Hey, everyone! Why don't we talk to the people with stolen shoes? Maybe the thief is only after certain kinds, or only targeted some people! And if that's not it, we'll at least know who didn't do it." He glanced at Naoto then; he was creepy sometimes, but Kouta couldn't deny his intelligence...and anyway, he was on their side, right? "With Kisaragi-sempai and Suzuki-sempai helping, we've gotta find something useful."

"An excellent idea." Kurosawa nodded, "A deeper investigation to find out this Yokai's particular brand of mischief. Once that is known then a trap may be set." Kurosawa tapped the rims of his glasses. "But if that particular strategy fails to gleam results..." Kurosawa said solemnly "We may to have to resort to other methods..." Kurosawa mumbled "Kotohito may you guide us if it comes to that..." Kurosawa clasped his hands together, "We should probably work on an investigation. I doubt the Yokai is staying still... Rather they are probably still restless and looking to do more."

tumblr_m1ctrzaXTo1r8b8olo1_500_large.jpg

Kage listened to the others blab on about ways to solve the issue, but all he really wanted to do was beat up someone for the crimes that were going on within the school. He looked to his Vice Chairman when she said that she didn't think baseball bats and brass knuckles were a good idea until they caught the culprit. A sigh came from the delinquent, realizing that her words were completely true. Beating up kids in the hallway for no good reason would surely get his butt out of the school. His ears perked up as Ayano asked if setting up a trap with shoes would be a good idea. He put a finger to his chin before giving a puzzled look to the ceiling.

"Yeah.. that would be a good idea..."

The new member agreed his well and that already put up three votes in favor of the shoe trap. Naoto then stated that the bandit wouldn't be so dumb as to take the obvious trap and although he sounded like a complete jerk Kage had to agree. He watched the samurai like member of the student council sit before turning to Kouta to hear her idea. Her idea sounded way better than what was previously stated and he gave a nod with a smile.

"We should probably go around asking like you said. We are bound to get answers!"

Chiasa flinched at Kisaragi-senpai's words then timidly nodded. He was right, they weren't thinking this through very well. She returned to the closet and sat on her heels. She really just wanted to run home and get her cosplay- why hadn't she had the foresight to grab that one in the first place? She looked at Kurosawa-san, whom she was still deciding whether she should feel threatened by or not, and shook her head. Was he a cosplayer? If so he was good, maybe as good as her. Setting her mind back on the issue at hand, she picked up her notebook.

Takaki-san had brought up a more logical point, questioning the victims. That was usually the first thing done when presented with a case like this, wasn't it? "Ohh~ I wish I was as smart as Bossun, he would have done that first," she whined. "Obviously there should be a pattern or something to follow." She turned to another page and started make a chart with sections for student names, genders, shoe size, shoe type, new or old shoes and what days they were stolen on. She set it down when finished and went into her backpack. She pulled out a pair of replica goggles and put them on, setting the lenses above her bangs, then waited for more input.

"The Institution is expansive... like the vast holdings of the Emperor." Kurosawa shrugged, "If stay in one collective, we won't gain as much information as we would if we were to head out in smaller divisions or solo." Kurosawa glanced around, "The yokai is a strange creature, but I am sure if we work hard we can find a pattern to it's breed of mischief. The real question is where to start, who were some of the first to be victimized?" Kurosawa tapped the left ridge of his glasses.

"If we find out that, it would give a good starting point to find out a method to the madness..." Kurosawa gazed towards the wall, for a moment. "We must act, swift and true, and find out this strange mystery." Kurosawa sighed deeply, "Or else we shall be plunged into an age darker than the Meiji Restoration..." Kurosawa quickly gleamed across the room, as he raised his index finger swiftly saying "Yes, the Meiji Restoration was a dark time in the Land of the Rising Sun. Moving on, we have far more important matters to deal with." Kurosawa grumbled, "Accursed Yokai..." He glanced sideways and grumbles again "Hopefully this is the work of a restless ronin and not the work of a Bakezōri trying to inspire its brothers and sisters into mischief."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Aho." Naoto said coldly as he wrote a few words on the board beside the thief. "Talk to the victims? You're already doing that. Aren't you all victims here? It would be a waste of time considering the sheer number of students whose shoes were stolen-arguably everyone judging by the hysteria of sorts." He rolled the piece of chalk on his thumb, cranky for skipping his breakfast. He had written "cunning, narcissistic, resourceful, mischievous, childish, possibly has a fetish". He took a deep breath and faced the others, slowly putting his smile back on. Hunger was taking a toll on him, as well as the fact that this very annoying case interrupted his planned out schedule. He absolutely detests being thrown off his routine. But he wasn't about to have an episode, he knew he has to keep up a positive image. "I'm sorry. I mean, we have to choose a sample carefully before we begin questioning, we can't just mindlessly ask around. We must have a formula. But since everyone here are victims, I assume, the let's pool what we all know first. I was preoccupied by my editing duties for the paper so there's nothing I can but contribute this."

He faced the board again and began writing a formula of sorts. His penmanship wasn't so far from a doctor's at all in level of messiness. "We must solve for who and we will need when and how or why. We have what so we need to figure when and how. How is pretty easy. Our shoe lockers do not have locks to begin with." He turned a little, tapping the word when on the board. "But stealing this many shoes which is plain ridiculous might require assistance." He wrote possibly has assistants on the board beside the thief. "When, then. When did you all notice that shoes were missing?"

He folded his arms and looked to the ceiling, thinking. "Last time my shoes were stolen, I was in first year. Of course, I have plenty of enemies so I can't guess who did it. It's a pretty immature thing to do, really." He nodded to himself. "If I wanted to cause mass hysteria in the school, I'd do it during the entrance ceremony when everyone is gathered in the same building. Or during class-Oh! Secretary Suzuki-chan, and Disciplinary Takamuri-han!" He looked at the two. "Don't you think this person could be a delinquent? Cutting classes? Have you caught those slackers at the rooftop planning something, perhaps, Takaki-han, Kurosawa-han?"

Kurosawa, nodding to Naoto's statements. "That is most reasonable.." Kurosawa tapped the left side of his glasses, before pausing for a few seconds. Kurosawa then immediately snapped his fingers, "This would be far easier if we had a video recording system which monitored the activities of the students... Or access to it.." Kurosawa mumbled, "Hmm.. do we have cameras? If so that could help our investigation immensely..." Kurosawa sat down in a meditative position, as he crossed his legs. He folded his arms together placing them on his legs. By the Legendary Samurai Miyamoto... why did I not think of that particular idea earlier?! I have brought Great Shame!

Kurosawa glanced upwards towards the board, admiring the attention to detail in the drawing. It was by far a notorious looking individual, a fitting representative of the master thief. "I am most impressed by that drawing. Though it may not be a traditional painting of monochrome ink... It is still a drawing that has very pleasing aesthetics." Kurosawa nodded. Kurosawa stayed in his meditating position with his arms folded, as he turned his head around glancing at all of the members.

"So, what do the rest of the Honorable Members of the Student Council think? Any ideas, suggestions, comments, concerns? Well, besides the concerns of logistics of retrieving all of the missing shoes... Which of course need to be found. The Noble Oda had achieved far more victorious odds against more troubling times. We shall achieve victory." Kurosawa then began to properly meditate.

The sight of their problem laid out like an equation on the board seemed fitting to Kouta. "Once we know all the variables, it's just a matter of solving for that final unknown of who...of course! It's a word problem where we have to investigate to find the ultimate solution!" He had to smile despite the seriousness of the situation, simply because of how well that analogy worked in his head. He had noted the shift in Naoto's tone - if it was that; he couldn't be completely sure - but let it go for the sake of the current mission. Besides, it was only normal to be frustrated, wasn't it?

"Speaking of how...just because there weren't locks to deal with, that doesn't mean it was simple, does it?" He raised a finger, counting off issues as he spoke. "Even with help, for somebody to steal that many shoes and not be spotted means finishing the theft and sneaking away with them. It'd have to happen at a time when nobody was likely to show up in the halls, so during class is even more likely. No chance of teachers spotting them, right?" Another finger lifted. "Then they'd need time to carry the shoes somewhere and hide them where no one would find them by accident. Maybe they've taken them out of school already, but if they didn't, there's only so many places they could use I think. First we need to know where they could put them...that'll tell us where they might've gone."

He picked up the duffle bag next to his chair and rummaged around in it for a moment. "I've got one in here, I'm sure of it!" After some more searching, he found and pulled out a map of the school from...whatever else he had stashed in there. "There!" He unfolded the rumpled thing and hopped to his feet, serious and yet inexplicably perky, like he was energized in the situation. "How far do you think someone carrying bags of dozens of shoes could go during class, sempai-tachi? Or a lot of someones." Locating another piece of chalk, Kouta started to make a larger version of the map on the board. It wasn't a masterpiece but it would function well enough.

Then he paused for a second. "I did hear a rumor that Iwada from 2-D and his usual group were acting strange recently. I've been trailing them when I could, trying to hear their plans, but they never mentioned shoes. They still could've been part of this if the thief had help. There's Fujisato in 3-C..." His expression darkened and he frowned just from mentioning the name. "...who's started setting lookouts for me. Looks like paying them off is working." Kouta gave a fierce and sudden grin. "One day!" he shouted, clenched fist raised high. "One day that coward will be too slow to run, and the long-awaited hour of retribution will toll at last!" Perhaps knowledge of Takaki's long standing rivalry with said third-year student would be enough to excuse the burst of triumphant laughter...or maybe not. He still hadn't finished that map.

Kiyomi felt as though she was going to fall asleep. Just constantly throwing out ideas and didn't seem to be going anywhere, and she was getting bored. She pulled out a bean bag from under the kotatsu that was now warm and toasty, which she threw herself onto and leaned back comfortably. She then removed the wrapper of a fluorescent yellow lollipop that she sucked on slowly, rolling it around in her mouth with her tongue. "Well, you guys seem to be doing fine without me, so I think I'll just kick back and relax here for a while." She said and pulled the lollipop out of her mouth, waving it around carefree before putting it back in her mouth. "Just make sure to get my boots back. They were kind of expensive."

Ayano thanked Chiasa for her help on putting her things that into her bag, then once done stood up from the ground. She repositioned her bag so that nothing could fall out again. It was interesting what these people in the council could come up with while talking about a shoe bandit, it was like they were in a comedy show or something to Ayano. Ayano watched Kouta pull out the map. She seemed perplexed by this. "Uh, where did you get a map of the school?" She didn't really think they had any maps of the school, wouldn't the only thing be the blue prints. That would be even weirder for him to end up getting. Though his plan to see where the shoes were being hidden was good still. She took a look at the map. There were only a few places that students didn't really go into that much. It could either be storage places, the boiler room or any other type like that. Obviously it would need to have enough space. they didn't know how many shoes were taken but considering the mob, they would end up finding a pile of shoes somewhere.

Naoto nodded slowly as Kurosawa spoke. He was rather amused by this specimen. He was overly flamboyant which made him the complete opposite of a true samurai but he was dramatic and interesting. Naoto had been taking down notes on Kurosawa's behavior on his notebook as the other spoke. "I suppose there is a security system. If I were to think of disrupting an entire school, I'd definitely be on the look out for that first." Unlike some stupid shoe thief, he thought with a scoff. "While I wouldn't put it past him to secure the tampering of the footage one way or another, I doubt he has the finesse of a professional at all." He was really sneering at his own illustration now, as if looking down on the thief's work.

He listened to Takaki, also nodding. "My point exactly. Someone has too much freetime, or they made too much free time." He watched as Takaki drew a map beside his formula. At the mention of Fujisato, his eyebrows shot up in pleasant surprise. "Fujisato, ya? He's definitely a despicable sample of failed genetics. It's truly like him to pick on a kouhai." Naoto folded his arms again and turned his back to the board, facing the rest again. He frowned at Ushiromiya's words. "Vice President Ushiromiya-han, with all due respect, act your position." He said condescendingly with some cold emphasis. His irritation seeped out again but he took a deep breath and said to Nakamura, "It's not hard to get maps of the school. By structure, it follows the government standard in most areas."

Kiyomi slowly pulled the lollipop out of her mouth, and smiled candidly at Naoto. "I would appreciate it if you didn't use that tone against me, school paper chairman Kisaragi-senpai" She said with a sickeningly sweet voice, and stood up. "I can't have anyone doubting my worth of this position, now that simply won't do." She countinued, and took the remote control from beside the TV which had been muted for the time being. As she pressed the button to change channels, images of the school began popping up. The lockers at the entrance of the school and the area outside the gym changing rooms where just two of the many locations that flicked by on the screen. "Oh, by the way, after me and Katie's shoes were stolen, I took the liberty of setting up some hidden cameras around school. I chose the spots that seemed to have the highest risk of a potential shoe thief to look for spoils at. I mean, it's certainly not much, but if the culprit decides to strike again, it won't be without us noticing."

Naoto looked at her blankly and the first thing in his mind was, Ushiromiya is among the students who will take charge of this school when we graduate...kohai eventually grow into the responsibility, I suppose. He continued to stare at her for a moment and he nodded when she showed the surveillance footage. He wrote down some notes again, looking satisfied. "As expected of you, of course. These are highly important so it should have been the first thing presented."

He stared at the screen for a while. "Since you had enough time to set up all these electronics, how was the student activities around that time?"

The talk had essentially gone over Chiasa's head and she ended up curling up into a ball inside the closet, wanting desperately to hide in the guise of one of her beloved characters. She hadn't really said anything of use and was just agreeing to what everyone else said. Chiasa did not like being a "yes girl" and so removed herself from the conversation. The doors to the closet were open so she could see out but otherwise she had removed herself. She did continue to take notes however, to document the meeting for the event. She would have to ask Kisaragi-senpai for the photos he took during the raccoon incident and that made her want to curl in on herself even more.

Ushiromiya-san seemed just as fed up with the whole thing as she was. "I still think it's some creepy stalker kid making a shrine out of shoes..." Chiasa mumbled.

"You guys are so goddamn weird." Fujimoto breathed out, surveying the odd members of the student council. It was then that he caught the tail end of what Chiasa (who was hiding in the closet like some kind of squirrel) . His eyes brightened then and he yanked on his wig, assuming the identity of Kasumi. He jabbed his finger in the direction of the closet. It all made sense now. Well it had been obvious but it had been so obvious that it was too obvious to be thought of as a good plot! A perv with a shoe fetish. A typical assumption, but one that they had neglected to consider.
"Historian of the Disciplinary Council, Okada Chiasa! Remove yourself from that closet at once and repeat what you just said!" Fujimoto ordered, preparing to drag the girl out himself. He would do it. Totally. He so would. With maybe a little help from Takamuri and Kisaragi cause he wasn't the strongest guy in the world.

Last edited:
Chiasa squeaked and covered her mouth. Had she spoken too loudly?! She peeked from around a closet door with as helpless a look as she could manage. "M-me?!" she stuttered as she peered around the door at the president. At that moment she was considering closing the doors and completely locking herself inside but then the president did just address her directly. It would have been rude to blow him off! So, instead, Chiasa crawled from the closet and sat just in front of it. "I-I s-s-still think it's some c-c-creepy st-stalker kid m-m-making a shr-shrine out of sh-shoes," she managed to get out as she wrung the hem of her skirt.

548430-bossun_is_in_hime_s_body.png

Status
Not open for further replies.