Seeking Dedicated Players

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, just a request from my side.... please... dont. ever. go. and post a post with 11724 letter.

I will NOT read them, they are just too much. Sammuel may probably know where I found the post that is too much and I simply have to refuse to read it.
It looks like work, not enjoyment.

Alright, just a request from my side.... please... dont. ever. go. and post a post with 11724 letter.

I will NOT read them, they are just too much. Sammuel may probably know where I found the post that is too much and I simply have to refuse to read it.
Are you talking about one of my post Desire? lol

no, but we are both involved in that roleplay.
These posts are painful to read.
I figured that is what you meant. Are you actually reading that crap? HAHAHA
When I first got into that RP I looked at those posts and just said fuck it, I ain't reading it! >:D

I figured that is what you meant. Are you actually reading that crap? HAHAHA
When I first got into that RP I looked at those posts and just said fuck it, I ain't reading it! >:D
I try to read the first two lines.... then remember this from Illium from the code of conduct:

Chooses Quantity Over Quality
The GM has written a seven-paragraph post to describe a scene. Every paragraph is important and sets out the key themes and tensions of the scene. A GM post is long because the GM has to include something that every player can work with.

THAT GUY tries to match the wordcount by describing his morning routine before he arrives at the scene. The post is complete with little descriptions of what he is wearing, flashbacks to what he did years ago on that fateful night that changed his life, and purple prose tangents about how the sunlight is coming through his window-blinds. Oh, and did he mention that he has auburn hair that tumbles loosely on his shoulders and falls down his back to three quarters of an inch above the tattoo of a butterfly which he doesn't remember getting but which he kinda like because it outlines the scar from that knife-wound which his lover dealt him when they were on safari in Africa hunting a rare Rhinoceros that could shapeshift into an anthropomorphic lion that looked very similar to the cloaked assassin that killed his father for dabbling in Mafia operations ON THAT FATEFUL NIGHT and since then he's been a vegetarian and that's why he makes himself a bowl of fruit and granola and toast with some tea for breakfast and he chews everything very slowly while he reads the paper and then he wonders WHY he always brushes his teeth before eating breakfast because that's pretty stupid once he thinks about it but that's the way he saw his mom always do it and she probably learned it from TV which she turned to, along with the drinking, after her father was killed by an anthropomorphic shapeshifting rhinoceros lion who may still be out there planning to kill him so he better put on his best fighting shirt, y'know that slightly ripped white shirt with blue stripes that is still stained with his father's blood FROM THAT FATEFUL NIGHT.

Take the gun out of your mouth - it's over.

'Long post' does not equal 'better post'. One well crafted sentence or single line of dialogue is worth ten paragraphs of purple prose. Clear, simple writing is never unappreciated.
I want to throw this at their face right now and make them choke on it and tell them to remember that and to not write a book.

@Desire

Yeah, those walls of txt are just awful. I rarely ever go over two paragraphs if I can help it. Unless it is my first post then I might go three. I'm a strong believer that if you can't do it in two, then save it for the next post you make.

@Desire

Yeah, those walls of txt are just awful. I rarely ever go over two paragraphs if I can help it. Unless it is my first post then I might go three. I'm a strong believer that if you can't do it in two, then save it for the next post you make.
I agree, but generally, they go too much into the detail, it is what made harry potter boring if you ever read it.

I will call one out, 42k letter is too much.

I agree, but generally, they go too much into the detail, it is what made harry potter boring if you ever read it.

I will call one out, 42k letter is too much.
Agreed! Never liked hairy potter either. There is no amount of magic in the world that can save you from a bullet to the head. I just don't get it, if old voldimort can live nine times, then just shoot him nine times and be done with it. Any way, we're getting off topic.

Agreed! Never liked hairy potter either. There is no amount of magic in the world that can save you from a bullet to the head. I just don't get it, if old voldimort can live nine times, then just shoot him nine times and be done with it. Any way, we're getting off topic.
Yeah I will just browse a bit more through the section of the other one and then submitt what I promised to do here.

Fell asleep last night. Will do it when I get off work.

Yeah I will just browse a bit more through the section of the other one and then submitt what I promised to do here.
Well, if they start throwing a hissy fit just know I'll back you up. ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: White
Alright, now to submitting the thing here, gonna be a work of an hour.

There is no amount of magic in the world that can save you from a bullet to the head. I just don't get it, if old voldimort can live nine times, then just shoot him nine times and be done with it.
Uh, I mean, have you never seen a fictional character more powerful than Spider-Man or something? Plenty of fictional characters can live through a bullet no sweat, some of them being magicians of some sort. While I don't know much about Harry Potter, good luck killing Dr. Strange with bullets.

But to keep this relevant, I don't usually make particularly long posts so it should be fine on my end.

I make long posts if necessary, especially in one-on-one's if I'm picking up the other end's slack. *shrugs*

(Consider the named cities and places as generic)
(This is a concept submission for the introduction)
(People are free to originate from anywhere on the continent, it is map submission 1)

kaHW8ZO.jpg

Color Legend:
Light Green: Western Elven Territory
Red: The Western Trading Empire
Orange: Gobblers (Kiddo's Goblins)
Dark Green: The Ancient Elves of Ayen.
Black: The Cult of Islidir

"The Cult have finally fielded an army of the dead, brother."

"Just as we had anticipated, you were wise to prepare for a war."

"It will not be enough though. If the scouts have seen correct, there is a far larger number than we could have ever anticipated."

"We will ask the Humans and Goblins of the south for aid, and send more eastwards, once to the Zarcadian Kingdom and then further to the Galgari and warn them. We for ourself we march to Kal-Usk and hold them off for as long as possible and with the aid of both, Humans and Goblins we will destroy them!"

Meanwhile in Tiglet...
An old man walks up the steps to the great Temple of Tiglet. His pace, slow and his steps that of an old man. People passed by, heeding no attention to the old man as he struggles his way up and into the temple of the western gods.
In the following night and every night following after, a dream begun to haunt people. Not just a specific dream, more a nightmare. It showed the end of everything, a great castle standing alone on a mountain, burning while masses of dead marched past it. The image changed into that of their homes, burning, their families, friends killed by exacly those undead they have seen. "To stop this, find me in the Temple of Tiglet" an old male's voice spoke everytime the nightmare ended. Sleep would become difficult for each one of them, as everytime the nightmare ends, they would awake and everytime they would awake and fall asleep again, the dream would repeat..

In the south, the deserts of Trayig...
"Goblin, you say you want my companies aid in your war against the upriser?"

"Yessss" the goblin hissed. "evil Wizard wants kill good chieftain Gar."

"That will cost you...."

All this while since ruled the west, the Ancient Woods remain silent. Not even the shirp of a bird could break this silence.

I don't agree, and I'll not add a limitation to post MAX length. The OP notes the adept level OR ABOVE.

I don't agree, and I'll not add a limitation to post MAX length. The OP notes the adept level OR ABOVE.
Saying something is adept or higher does not relate to how much you can write, but to how well you write.

Sure, but long posts can have their place. As long as you aren't just adding extraneous, pointless details that add nothing to the post other than length, I don't mind posts being long.

It's only when it's a bunch of nonsense that nobody, even the poster, cares about that the length matters to me. Imposing a max limit is unnecessary, I believe.

I'm not saying that we should, and I agree with you. Any idiot can write a wall of text filled with garbage, but a good writer can portray his characters thoughts, expressions, and actions and still get their point across in as little as two paragraphs. Anything longer is pointless and a waste.

I'm not saying that we should, and I agree with you. Any idiot can write a wall of text filled with garbage, but a good writer can portray his characters thoughts, expressions, and actions and still get their point across in as little as two paragraphs. Anything longer is pointless and a waste.

So is your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.