Secrets of the Night.

"I Expected more from profecionales." Came a spanish voice followed by a slight chuckle. the man with the two large calibur revolvers smirked at Masa in the dim lite area.

(face palm)

Esperanza cringed at the mocking tone in the man's voice. she slid down the wall and silently opened her bag to pull out the one gun she had with her. Standing up she turned and pressed her side against the wall. She looked over at Talea and motioned her head toward the door, asking if she knew where he was standing so she could get a shot off.

(I have to go to bed now...Know that Masa would take a bullet for the other two. I don't know why, but I'm in a mood for hurting my characters. I'm guessing she would be shot in the stomach.)

Masa gave him a hard glare, and glanced into the room.

Talea motioned with her fingers, two inches from the center latch of the window. Hoping deep down that Esperanza wouldn't miss, Talea herself was a horrible shot. Though when it came to swords, she would turn you into shredded cheese. A deep sigh escaped her lips, as she tried to move the mirror more. Hoping that the reflection would draw his attention for a few seconds, maybe he would shoot it from her very hands.

The shadowy man was easily seven feet tall with his gun on masa's stomach. He traced it up her chest and over her neck. "hmmm.. your heart goes pitter patter, but your face tells me na-sing is the matter." he chuckled a little. " turn around." he said, shovign masa to face the door. they woudl see her expression as the man shoved her forward and held up a yellow laminated folder.

" I have what i came for..." he said, smiling. int eh dim light his facial features were not very visible, but indeed his vocie was memorable. deep and thumping every syllable in a lilting spanish accent.

Talea lifted her hand to stop Duchess from firing, "Don't......" Her breath caught in her throat, what would he want with Masa. This isn't the mission she had in mind, stepping out in front of the door. "Don't hurt her. Shoot me instead." Talea stood there dropping her gun to the ground, then kicking the metal. It slid across the white tile, towards the window. Looking over at Esperanza she gave her a bright smile. Expecting to be shot dead, at least giving Masa a attempt to save herself.

Esperanza saw talea's signal and braced the gun on her elbow. She took one step forward and instead of having a full view of the man, saw Masa's face. "Shit." she muttered and lowered her gun slightly. She just smiled and saw her opportunity, she aimed at the hand holding the folder and traced her sights down to his houlder and fired, the large caliber bullet smashing through muscle and bone and hitting the wall behind him. After the shot Esperanza quickly ducked back to the wall and motioned at Talea that she hit him in the shoulder cuz Masa was in the way.

Talea was to late from stopping Esperanza, a slight hiss escaped her lips. Back peddling quickly she launched herself back out the door, almost sliding back down the stairs.
((had to fix my post lol and had to pull a armand post))

The man let out a grunt as teh bullet hit him, fallgin back several feet against the wall in teh room, right beneath teh window, blood pourign from teh perfect shoudler shot. but his hand didn't let go of the manilla folder. His holsters on hsi hips rattled as he lay there, silent and still.

Somewhere int eh distance a menacign wind was picking up. a swirl of smoke froa rooftop int heir vision foresaw the littel gust of wind that broke the silence int he room. The man held up his gun and fired a shot from teh high calibur revolver, it seared through the air, one shot missing esperanza barely, one shot grazing against Talea's cheek,a nd another hittibg masa in leg. the bullet ripped throguh, clean as a whistle, no shrapnel, no breakage, leaving a painful perfect hole through the meat of her leg that lodged in the floor.

Specialized round. who WAS this creep? no shoutign or yellign, no stupid moves from beign shot so hard.. somethgin was wrong. terribly wrong!

Esperanza felt the air from the bullet as it whizzed by her. she saw him slumped, and watched as another bullet tore through Masa's leg. Okay, now she was pissed, Masa should only have had to go through that once today. Esperanza dropped her gun and whipped around the corner across the small hallway and put her knees into the man's chest. she rolled off him and grabbed the folder still rolling across the floor and used the momentum to spring to her feet.

Talea cursed aloud as the bullet grazed her cheek, "He has the bloody file....." She said while quickly scrambling to her feet. Her hand went inside her glove pulling out a small throwing knife. She raced around the door, flinging the blade straight towards the file. Talea could handle a hole in the paper, but this jerk wasn't going to ruin her job.

Talea kept running if she didn't hit the file, she at least wanted to get a good tackle on him. Before he got another shot off on her. Crimson dripped down her cheek onto the floor. Deep down through all the chaos she hoped the two of her comrades weren't to terribly injured. However, that didn't stop her from slowing down. He had to be taken out one way or another.

The man took the blow from esperanza hard, lettign go of the file as she took it and his hand was pinned tot eh wall, more blood he smirked and ripped hsi hand up, tossign the knife back with teh same broken hand at talea as he aimed a knee for her stomach, spinning around he would smash his revolvers butt into her neck and kick her into esperanza.

Talea slams into Esperanza the breath rushed out of her body, "Get....That....F'in file..." She said while rolling off of the girl, her hand planted to her stomach. She could feel the two fractured ribs on the lower left side. It was making it harder for her to breath. Slowly she tried to get to her feet, "Who the hell are you?" Talea said through deep labored breaths, if he managed to take the file. She had to know something to be able to track him. Looking over at the two woman, what has she gotten them into. Clearly this was a enemy spy of some sort, but she has never seen him before.

Esperanza slammed hard into the floor with Talea on top of her. "I..have the file...take it and get Masa, I'll get this SOB."
Esperanza rolled away from Talea and handed her the file. She took a step back and ran toward teh man, using the same trick she did to Masa earlier. SHe dropped to one knee with the other leg out in front of her and slid down the floor between his legs. Only this time, instead of trying to pull him over, she flicked out one of her daggers and plunged it into his right knee cap.

Talea scrambled to her feet, she ran towards Masa. Pulling her with her as she ran for the door, they needed to get out. How she could she leave Esperanza behind. Pushing the thoughts aside, she put most of Masa's weight onto her. Going two steps at time, she practically fell down the stairs. The pain that ripped through her, almost had Talea falling to her knees. "Esperanza get out of there!" She yelled from the first floor, hoping the girl would hear her. Still pulling herself, and Masa she pushed through the front doors. Trying to get to their vehicles before the jerk off could catch them.

They had managed to get what they came for, but it was to much of a risk. Whatever was in this thing, had to be more important than she imagined. Without realizing it they were already at their vehicles. The pain was almost numb, but the worry for Esperanza had depended. She would give her five minutes to show then they had to leave. It was code, to leave the fallin behind. Though Talea couldn't push herself to follow that rule.

The man chcukled and pulled off a mid-air backflip, landing behind esperanza as she came out fo the slide and flung a chair at her, sliding it across teh floor until it was over her body, pinngin her there, now with him ontop of the chair, starign at her.

"Oh.. you GOT TEH FILE!" he alughed wickedly. " But I got what i came for..." he siad, tappign his skull. "i have... a WONDERFUl memory." he chuckled, leapign off the chair, backflippgin out the window with another disconcerngin laugh... moments later, he was ontop of the vehicle starign into Masa and Talea's eyes.

"BOO!" he said, jumpign over them. when talea took a secodn look to turn around... he was already gone.

What the hell had just happened!?!

Esperanza lay on the floor inshock, not sure how she managed to miss his leg and how he managed to throw a chair perfectly to land on her. As soon as he jumped out the window she threw the chair off of her and ran down the stairs to the first floor and out the door, skidding to a halt in front of Talea.

"We have a SERIOUS problem. he's got eidetic memory, he's already read the file, and he's ahead of us. I dont know what you want to do about that. and i missed, i dont know how, but i missed him completely. this is not a good thing talea!"

((is stopping the post for tonight till masa comes back tomorrow ))

(Why thank you...I have some catching up to do.)

As soon as that bullet went through her leg, Masa banged her fist on the floor and bit her lip.
>Now my other leg is injured!! That bas****!< She thought angrily. She could feel her blood just oozing out of the hole in her leg. It made her feel sick to her stomach. After that it was all a blur really. Masa heard the fight going on, but didn't see it. Black surrounded her vision. Was she going to pass out from blood loss? It was highly possible if this wound was left unattended.

The time laying there seemed to last only a minute before she felt someone pick her up. Her legs felt dead so she couldn't help whoever it was to walk better. From the feel of their touch, she could tell it was Talea. Hearing her voice confirmed all that. After what seemed like no time at all, she felt she was laying down in the back of Talea's car. Then she heard Esperanza's voice.
"Get in the damn car and let's get going..." Masa managed out. It sounded weak...yet strong at the same time.