Secrets and Forbidden Love

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You can lie down on the couch if you wish." Josephine offered before Alyxander could cut in and answer. "And if you need anything, just ask." "I'm sure he's fine, Josephine." His voice lowered to a mutter. "Spoil the guest but not yourself. Noble and stupid." For that he promptly received a swat on the arm: not hard enough to hurt him, just a bit of a sting. "No need to be rude."
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

"Thank you." He said nodding his head in Josephine's direction before heading to the couch and laying down. Slowly he began to drift to sleep with thoughts swirling threw his mind. He was trying to plan everything perfectly and wasn't going to be separated from Josephine for too long. A smiled appeared on his face as his breathing slowed and he was officially asleep.

Josephine returned Matt's smile, though being very discreet in doing so: only acting as it would be deemed proper, a respective action towards a guest and nothing more. She still thought they were hiding their knowledge of each other, that Alyx was unaware that the two had met before then. Perhaps it was better that way, otherwise she might give away more. When Matt was peacefully asleep, Alyx glanced to her as she sat in one of the chairs, pretending to sowing up a bit of her dress. "I was told by your friend that you two had seen each other before his past visit. Is this true?" She did a good job of hiding her reaction, but glanced up from her work and put aside the needle. "He must be mistaken. All I know of him is that he is a weary traveler in need of shelter. I have not met him before now." "Were you not out in the forest a week ago? Did you go to the river?" "I did go to the river, and I was in the forest. But I did not see him, for I was alone." As intent as she was on her tale, Alyxander knew it was no use arguing. "Then call him the liar, he is the one who spoke of your meeting by the waters." "I'm sure he didn't mean it. 'Tis no more than a mistake, leave it be."
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

He slept for hours before slowly waking up. He yawned a little and sat up ruffling his hair back in place. He had no idea where everyone else was in the house or if the Williams came home but he was pretty confident in himself right now, he was fully awake and not weary from his travels. He stood and looked around quickly trying to eye something up that could start conversations that were not about him. Safe small talk about whatever adventures they may have had or possibly family stories or whatever he could find. He noticed a nice looking sword but other than that theire was nothing out of the ordinary. He would have to rely solely on what talk the sword might bring.

Alyxander and Josephine spent most of the time that Matt was sleeping arguing amongst themselves about the wanted criminal; or, in Josephine's eyes, the misunderstood and falsely accused traveler. Alyx would have gone upstairs after their conversation was ended, but he didn't dare leave the princess alone with Matt. He could awake at any moment, harm her, attack her... who knows what he would do. Those were risks he would not take. So the two of them remained by the living room, awaiting for the arrival of the Williams. Josephine was the first to notice that Matt had woken up. "You slept well, sir? We did not wake you earlier, did we?" She glanced over at her 'brother' and promptly scolded his glare in a hushed hiss. "You look at him as if he has committed murder." "And perhaps he has. We know not for certainty." Josephine sighed, ignoring Alyxander's cruel comments, and glanced back to Matt. "Are you hungry, sir? Or thirsty?"

He was getting sick of all the lies he hid behind, the 'murder', being a 'higher noble', being part of a fake organization, and all the rest of it. He sighed "I slept well, thank you." he nodded to her. "Please, you are too kind, I am not hungry." he said with a smile. He would pull this off, he would win their thrust... but how? He stretched his arms a little "Are you parents home ye-" he stopped and his eyes rolled back as he fell.

Josephine was about to argue, and say it was rude to not offer food and drink to a guest, but she was cut off when Matt spoke again. She was, of course, first to react when he fell; unconscious it seemed... or at least she desperately hoped. She darted to his side, frightened, then glanced to Alyxander. Her lips parted to accuse him of causing this, but he was as stunned and shocked as she was. "Get a cloth and some cool water. He is still breathing, his heartbeat is quiet but strong Please, hurry though." Alyx hesitated for a moment, earning him a soft glare, before doing as he was asked. Josephine stayed by Matt's side, repositioning him so he way lying back on the couch. 'What had caused this? Could he be sick? His wounds perhaps? Poison?' There were so many possibilities that it frightened the poor girl half to death herself.

He indead was poisoned and though she could not see it, under the bandage she would see it was a bright red and irritated. Even so, he seemed peaceful, sleeping soundly, like nothing had happened. What he didn't know was the poison wasn't deadly, it was one that cause the victim to fall asleep so if he got away or the fight lasted long enough they would have an easy time catching or killing him. The reason it took so long to work was because Mathias slept which slowed the poisons in his blood stream.

Josephine remained by Matt's side as Alyxander gathered the neccesary supplies, watching his breathing and pulse intently. As time went by, there was no change in the boy's condition: alive, but unconscious. It was both a comfort and a concern. Alyx returned with a small bowl of water and a cloth, placing it on the table. "Shall he live?" Josephine was shocked to find the slightest hint of worry in his voice. She nodded, placing the dampened cloth on Matt's forehead. "He lives still, he has not worsened. But if his condition should worsen, we must see he gets better care." Alyx shifted slightly. "By who? Any other around here would hand him in to the king for the reward offered. No one would be willing to aid an dying criminal, guilty or not." Yet another surprise; Alyx admitting their guest may not be a criminal after all. Josephine bit her lip, knowing his words were true. All they could do was hope that the unconscious male would get better.

Hours went by before he woke up and even then he seemed distant. "Why hello." He said to seemingly no one. It was almost like he was talking to someone who wasn't visible. "No, I did the wrong thing like you told me. I found him guilty just like all the other innocent men. Are you happy now?" He was talking to his father, remembering the day his father had let him run the court, originally he messed up and his father made him go back and declare the man guilty. "I realize you think this is for the betterment of everyone, your still a greedy bastard. The peasants would side with us... No they are not rodents under the rug, they are men and can fight just as well as any 'trained knight.' Plus, thousands against hundreds is an easy win. The nobles will surely see that." Just as he finished he really woke up with a large breath like he had been choking. "Where am I?" escaped his lips as he looked around a bit frightened at first before realizing he was right next to Josephine and sighed.

Josephine remained by Matt's side through every moment, worried evermore for each passing second that went by. Worried that at any moment he could worsen. Alyx too stayed by for a long while, until the Williams' came home. Their reaction was more of concern than refusal to shelter the accused male, especially after they had been told of what had happened. They couldn't just throw him out into the street, criminal or not. Unless he did any wrong toward them, they would not agree with the accusations: he had not stolen anything from them during his stay nearly a week before. In fact, he had given them food that still lasted to that day to feed them. How could this same, merciful boy be a murderer?

Hours ticked by, but without any improvements. Finally Matt began to respond, though Josephine had nearly fallen asleep. When she heard his voice, she instantly awoke, listening close. "You're alright!" He didn't seem to hear. In fact, his words that followed her quiet whisper made no sense to her. Alyxander walked in, having been speaking with their 'parents', and gave Josephine a questioning look. "I realize you think this is for the betterment of everyone, your still a greedy bastard. The peasants would side with us... No they are not rodents under the rug, they are men and can fight just as well as any 'trained knight.' Plus, thousands against hundreds is an easy win. The nobles will surely see that." Now that would prove that he truly was the prince. But why was he saying this there, then? To them?

It was a few moments after vhe stopped speaking deliriously and finally came to his senses. Josephine smile, sighing with relief. "Shh, you're safe." Only Matt could see the sparkle of happiness ain her eyes. He was awoke, alive, and well! "Are you alright? Do you feel lightheaded or anything?"

He could only smile now seeing Josephine smiling at him, she had that sparkle in her eye again, the one he saw back when they were in the forest. 'Are you alright? Do you feel lightheaded or anything?' "I'm fine, I'm fine." He said with a smile as he sighed again "Just a bad dream... and ow." He held the back of his head "I think I hit my head at some point." He didn't remember passing out, in fact that last thing he remembered was going to sleep on the couch but he knew something was wrong... she had seemed so worried about him. "Why were you so worried?"

"Why were you so worried?"<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"> Josephine wondered then if he didn't remember waking the first time, then assumed he didn't. Maybe he had hit his head harder than she had thought. "You woke up a couple hours ago, but when you tried to get up, you collapsed. Since then you have been unconscious. We were worried you were dying." 'We' meaning both her and Alyx, who was still standing in the doorway. His gaze had returned back to a cautious, glare, but there was an ever-so-slight hint of concern if one dared to look deeply enough. "But you are alright now. You are alive and well. And thank the heavens for that." Josephine's voice was lowered to a whisper, as she was still trying to keep their bond hidden and unknown. "Are you hungry, or thirsty?"

'You woke up a couple hours ago, but when you tried to get up, you collapsed. Since then you have been unconscious. We were worried you were dying.' "I am sorry for giving you such a scare." He said sitting up and feeling his entire body was stiff. He tried to stretch a little as she continued to speak. 'But you are alright now. You are alive and well. And thank the heavens for that.' He smiled a little bit. "So your brother has lightened up a little bit, I guess something good has come of this he said laughing a little as he looked over at Alyx who had returned to his glare... it was expected... 'Are you hungry, or thirsty.' "A glass of water would be perfect thank you." He said with a nod "Please don't go off and waist any wine on me."

Josephine smiled and nodded, getting to her feet to fetch a cup of water. In her absence, Alyxander walked into the room, but said nothing as he sat down in a chair across from the couch. After a moment or so, Josephine returned and sat back down next to Matt. She thought of offering to help him drink, just so that he wouldn't have to worry about dropping the glass, but then thought better of it. He was not a child. "My apologies, it is a bit warm. Hopefully it tastes alright."

'My apologies, it is a bit warm. Hopefully it tastes alright.' "It should be fine." He assured her as he took the glass and sipped the water. Really it didn't taste great but he could hide his dislike of it. After all he had to do it all the time at the castle when the chef made something 'new' for dinner... He sat back hoping for one of them to start the conversation. His head with still slightly spinning making it hard to think much so creating a conversation would be hard for him. He took a deep breath and took another sip of the water.

Josephine remained close at hand in case anything should happen; though she hoped poor Matt would not have to suffer through any other ailments. As he drank, she tried to stir up some kind of conversation that would keep Alyxander from making any more accusations or causing trouble. However, she was curious about what he had been saying earlier, mumbling to himself. He had aimed the comments towards someone else: but who? Her lips parted to ask, but she held back. It was none of her concern. "I trust you are feeling better after you have rested? Is there any pain?"

"No, I feel absolutely fine." He said with a smile, "Just had some bad dreams that I need to shake is all." He said taking another sip of the dreadful water. He needed to keep hydrated, "Are your parents home?" He asked remembering he still needed shelter "I still need to find out if I am aloud to stay or not." He looked around slightly between them as if searching for the answer.

He was getting a bit nervous now, Alyxander seemed to know something, something that he didn't want him to know. Josephine, judging by the way she parted her lips a second ago seemed to know something as well. Did he speak his dream? He didn't say anything about being a prince though... he could pass it off as one of the hire noble arguments he had with another... hopefully.

Josephine desperately tried to come up with a safe conversation that would not cause an trouble. "Are your parents home? I still need to find out if I am aloud to stay or not." She glanced up and nodded. "They came home about an hour ago. I doubt they will refuse you shelter, at least not for the night." Alyxander got up at that mention and went into the kitchen. Josephine quickly took her chance and leaned close to whisper something quietly to Matt. "If you do stay, perhaps we may sneak out for a bit to speak alone. Tonight, when the rest are asleep."

"If we are caught that would be the end of everything." He whispered back before sitting normally. A second later the Williams came in and he smiled. "Good to see you again." He stood as they walked in as a show of respect. It was an honest effort to stay on their good sides and hopefully get a permanent... or partly permanent home.

(Sorry short)

Status
Not open for further replies.