Secrets and Forbidden Love

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine tried to reply, but pulled back and glanced towards the kitchen as she heard the rest of her family coming. "Good to see you again." The Williams smiled, and the wife was first to speak. "Please, do sit down. No need to hurt yourself." "Indeed, do not push yourself for our sake. But do say how you ended up in this terrible condition." He knew about the imposter prince and everything, but he too refused to believe that Matt would do such a thing. There must have been some mistake. Josephine remained silently sitting beside him, glancing between her family and the guest.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

"It's as simple as an accused man." he started as he sat down. "They didn't find a body, or any evidence with the exeption of the dagger and some blood they decided was the princes blood. They said the Jan that dropped it looked like the prince and they started going on and on until it snow balled into some big murder epidemic. So I was attacked on my way here hoping you would know how to hide me because otherwise I would have to flee the border and we all know how unstable the king is. Who knows what he has done to find me. It's almost as drastic as searching for the princess."

The Williams' listened patiently through the tale, nodding every so often in understanding. His explanation made sense to them, and his obvious dislike of the king's ways showed he was surely no prince; not a typical son-of-a-tyrant, anyways. Nothing had been set in stone yet. "We still owe you gratitude for the food you had provided us during your last visit. You are welcome to stay, if you wish, for a little while; at least until we can find you a safer place to hide until your name is cleared. No one should come searching for you here, but never can you be too sure." Josephine was glad that Matt could stay, worried that otherwise he would be hurt or even killed. The crime pinned on his was about as serious as any could be. The king would have him tortured, then beheaded, or perhaps hanged. Maybe thrown to the people to be beaten to death. His fate was too horrific for her to imagine.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

"Thank you kindly." He said with a nod and smile. "I hope it won't take long though, I don't want to be a bother to anyone." He looked around quite please with the outcome, "Do you have anything I can do? I wouldn't want to be a burden to any of you. Especially now that I'm staying here."

Sir William shook his head. "There is not much to be done around our home, and if you are caught outside it will only cause trouble. 'Twould be best for you just to lay low. Your company is no trouble, and no burden." The older male thought over the offer to help though, then glanced towards Josephine. "Actually, I would think our daughter would need some company while we are all of tending to our work. Alyxander cannot stay cooped up here much longer, and she has seemed very lonely as of late." Josephine's eyes lit for a split second, and she hid her excitement. Alyx looked shocked and wary. He tapped on Sir William's arm and pulled him aside into the kitchen. Josephine could tell that was not a good sign, but could understand Alyxander's caution about this situation. Everyone out of the house, her alone with a guest... a stranger they barely knew anything about... Matt could get away with almost anything. But just the two of them? That sounded like a perfect idea to her.

"I would be-" Sir William was bulled aside by Alyxander and they were talking about something. He had a feeling it was something to do with him and he sighed and sat down glancing at Josephine and then at the door. It was just the two of them in the room now. He tapped his foot to a tune he had remembered from when he was younger but with him being horrible with music it just seemed like uneven tapping.

Once Sir William and Alyxander were out of sight, leaving Josephine and Mathias by themselves, she glanced over to speak. "If Sir William is on your side, I am sure there shall be no trouble. Alyx cannot go against him in most matters." She gently tucked a stray piece of hair from his face and smiled. "I would enjoy having someone to keep me company while everyone else is away at work. It does get lonely and tiresome." Josephine glanced over her shoulder at the doorway, then back at Mathias. " 'Twould give us time aplenty to..." She paused a moment, as if to think of a word. "to talk."

'If Sir William is on your side, I am sure there shall be no trouble. Alyx cannot go against him in most matters..' "I will hope so, otherwise my life may be in danger." He said with a slight smile trying to water it down a little. He had no doubt Alyxander would never think about harming him should Sir William live but if somehow Alyx persuades Sir William to 'relocate' him... well that would be a very dangerous matter. He was drawn out of his fears as she spoke again, 'Would enjoy having someone to keep me company while everyone else is away at work. It does get lonely and tiresome.' "I -Twould think." 'Twould give us time aplenty to... to talk.' "I'll bet it would be nice having someone new to talk to. Alyxander doesn't seem like... well much of a chatter box."

Josephine winced more than a bit as Mathias mentioned that he would be in danger if he was forced to leave. She didn't want any harm to come to him: he was he closest friend, her only friend truthfully. Perhaps a little more than a best friend even. What would she do without him? "I would not let them kick you out on your own without a struggle. You deserve better than that, as you have done no one any wrong." She turned her thoughts from the current concern when he answered to he later comment, smiling a bit. "I'll bet it would be nice having someone new to talk to. Alyxander doesn't seem like... well much of a chatter box." "Alyxander is not much company, aye. Not because he is not kind or talkative; more because he works as well. He helps Sir William around the blacksmith shop. Which leaves me stuck here, in the house, alone." She sighed softly, but managed a smile still. "Not the most exciting life, I can assure you. Not having to work. And not having anything to do because of that."

'Alyxander is not much company, aye. Not because he is not kind or talkative; more because he works as well. He helps Sir William around the blacksmith shop. Which leaves me stuck here, in the house, alone. Not the most exciting life, I can assure you. Not having to work. And not having anything to do because of that.' "I could only imagine. At one point in my life I might have envied you but having a life of no work... well that would be enough to drive one crazy." He sat back in the chair, "I hope I didn't give you too much of a scare earlier." He smiled a little, "You looked awfully releived when I opened my eyes."

Josephine managed a true smile and a soft laugh at Mathias's comment. Anyone whom was constantly busy would wish for a life of peace. But if they were to get that wish, they would soon enough regret it. "I hope I didn't give you too much of a scare earlier. You looked awfully relieved when I opened my eyes." She nearly shook her head, but decided not to hide her true response. He had scared her half to death, with his poor and feeble condition. But it was not his fault. " It was quite worrisome. But I care not, for you are safe and sound and breathing still."

"That is good." He said leaning back again and closing his eyes taking a deep breath. His dream, he couldn't get over his dream. He was filled with an unpleasant amount of anger, despair, and now, now that he was talking to her he had a hint of happiness in his already spiraling emotions. "If you will excuse me I must think for a while. When your parents come back in please tell them I am in search for silence. I won't leave the house so you need not worry about my well being."

Josephine gave Matt a gentle look, but nodded in response to his request. But there was obviously something bothering him, nagging at him. If only she could help comfort him somehow. She sighed and got to her feet, heading into the kitchen. She bumped into Alyxander on her way in, who carefully caught her with his hands on her shoulders. "Careful." His gaze raised to their guest who was sitting silently on the couch. "Leave him be. He says he wants some silence for himself. He probably has a headache still." There was obviously something else, but she thought it would help to mention that, so Sir William may intercede on Matt's behalf. "If he is tired, then let him rest. We can speak with him later." Alyx begrudgingly agreed after a moment, and walked off past Josephine, up the stairs and to his room.

((time skip perhaps to that night... or the next day? I don't really have anything else for them to do)

((Its fine with me. Lets do the night.))

He spent almost an hour not moving, his head in his hands and his palms pressed against his forehead leaving a red mark. He was trying to get the images of his dream to stop haunting him, it bothered him... his own father... Slowly he gained control of himself, and sighed before standing up and walking to the doorway, "Sorry. Can I have some water?" He said hoping they would not think of him as still ill. He didn't want them to worry. He glanced at Alyxander, he seemed to be on a fence, both being worried about him when he was on the ground and yet the old chum continually tried to get him as far away from the family as possible. Alyxander clearly didn't want to kill him, he was hiding something, something very poorly because Mathias thought he had it all figured out.

Josephine spent most of the evening in her room, drawing and resting. She was exhausted, after all the restless nights spent worrying. For Matt, for his safety, for his fate. She was finally at peace enough to sleep. So when Matt got up and went into the kitchen, she was not there. Alyxander glanced over, and got to his feet to fetch a glass of water. Not out of courtesy, or that he was less edgy; he merely wanted to get Sir William off his back for being so untrusting of their guest. He did have to admit, Matt had really done nothing wrong. He had not tried to harm any of them, he had kept his distance from Josephine when he was able, and he had given them perfectly good food. Alyx sighed and walked over, holding out the glass with a slightly cautious look. "Here." Sir William watched the scene for any hint of threat or danger, but Alyx seemed to be behaving. For the moment, that was.

"Thank you." He said taking it and letting the water spill into his mouth before swallowing. "Is their anything I can do?" He offered again not really liking people serving him... even though it happened every day. He sighed slightly and took another mouthful of water. Before placing the glass at the tips of his fingers. He was moving it around his his hand slightly for no real reason other than to do something. He really would rather be doing something to help them... but the best he could do so far was give them some food and money...

Alyxander backed off and returned to his seat at the table once Matt had taken the glass. "Is their anything I can do?" Sir William shook his head. "Nothing until dinner is being cooked. There are plenty enough hands already to do the work though. Do not feel you must repay us; we are in your debt, we are glad for your company." Alyx didn't join in on the conversation, tracing his fingertips along the scratches in the wooden table.

"I'm not the king, I would rather not have everything handed to me on a platter," He said with a smile, "You must have something that needs to be done." He then leaned against the wall and sighed taking another sip of his almost empty glass. "I mean all you have had for me to do is keep, um... Josephine company while you are away at work." He said acting like it took a second for him to remember the name. "I should at least pull my own wight." He knew they wouldn't have anything and he figured he would just drop it for now, should nothing come up. They were very kind to take in an accused murderer of the prince and hide him away until his name was cleared even if everything was pointing towards him and saying he did it.

Sir William took no notice of the comparison Matt had used, saying he was not the king, and shook his head. "There is really not much to be done. But I thank you for your willingness to help." He thought of it for a moment, and then added, "Keeping our daughter company would be more than enough. She has chores to do around here, making food for herself too. You could aid her with those." There was a creak on the stairs and Josephine walked into the kitchen. "Is supper about ready?" " 'Tis barely started. Matt, if you wish to cook, that would be quite helpful indeed."

"I can try my hand at it though I am not very good." In fact he had only cooked for himself a hand full of times and each time burned whatever he was trying to make. "I'm possibly one of the worst cooks you will ever meet." With that though he grabbed a couple of things from around the house that would go into a meal, at least he knew his ingredients. "I could just aid whoever cooks... well that is unless your ok with a burnt meal." He smirked a little and started to heat the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.