Searching for Light

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucinda listened to the two of them and frowned. She cast a shell spell to attempt to protect them, having buckled herself into the seat. When they finally crashed and stopped Lulu unbuckled herself. She wondered if it was anything like what she'd learned about the machines in Tachyon's lab. She was a little jealous that Rea had someone to care for her but then she smiled to herself. She had plenty of people who cared....they just weren't around right now. She also knew that a few uncles could be there in a split second if she really needed them.

Rea stared at Aaron's back for a few seconds before quickly getting out of the seat to check on everyone. After a quick lookover of Aaron, Rea was quick to fuss over Lucinda. "Are you okay? Anything hurt? Feeling sick? Sorry for the rough landing..." She was practically like a mother how she was checking everything on Lucinda, almost patting her down to make sure nothing hurt.

Aaron chuckled and tapped Rea's shoulder. "Alright, Mother bear. She's fine, at least it looks like it. Besides, we didn't hit anything too harshly. I'll have to look at that engine though." He sighed, not looking forward to fixing the gummy ship... again.

Lucinda shooed her away. "I'm fine! Really I am. You don't have to worry about it. Besides, I'm made of sterner stuff than I look!" She gave a bit of a forced smile, "Seems like the ship's in bad shape huh? It's the first thing that needs taking care of. And if I really was feeling sick...I would've already thrown up by now." She took a deep breath as she got up. She checked her bag as if there were something in there, though really she was just checking on her staves.

"Right... Right, Aaron? You're the only one here who knows how the hell this thing works. I can drive it, can't fix it. Lucinda and I will search for the door." Rea smiled as Aaron nodded and got to his task. She walked out of the ship, jumping onto the ground as she looked around at the ancient Greek buildings sighing as she wondered just where they could possibly find the door to the world's heart.

Lucinda followed after Rea and looked around. "Greek.....huh.....So where is this?" she asked as they were looking around. "Hmmmm wonder if I've got something to help..." She looked thoughtful for a few minutes, "No... I don't think I do. Hey, could you tell me more about your sister?" The blonde didn't want to bother her too much but she couldn't help but be curious. She pulled her hood back up, not really liking the sunshine in her eyes.

"This world is called Olympus Coliseum. It's sort of Ancient Greece with the gods being real." Rea explained when Lulu asked where they were. Once the blonde asked about her sister, though, she hesitated. "Hm... Well, it's been a while, but I'll try." She cleared her throat before beginning to talk. "Well, she's blonde, just like both of our parents. She's got brown eyes... shorter for her age, but our mom was very short too. She was very kind, always wanting to help the stray animals... She'd get angry though if I didn't let her help some of the rabid ones though." The red head chuckled as she ran a hand through her hair. "She was very childish, took a long time for her to finally grow out of her tantrum stage and into a bit more of a mature age. Last I saw, her hair was short but she said she'd always wanted to grow it out. She loved having teddy bears, especially if I won them for her at the fair. I also called her Lucy a lot as a nickname." Rea closed her eyes as they walked into the nearest town. It hurt remembering her little sister and how much she had failed her.

Lucinda listened to her talk and nodded. "You must really miss her. I wish I could remember my family......you're so lucky to remember her. I promise I'll keep an eye out for her," She said before hugging Rea gently, "You don't have to worry, I'll help you find her! No matter what we'll find her." She gave Rea a smile as they walked. She wanted to cheer her up, clearly she was upset and that wasn't what Lulu wanted. "It'll be okay, let's keep positive. I won't let you down! we'll find her!"

Rea smiled and ruffled Lulu's hair. "Thanks. I'm sure she'd have loved to meet you." The red head said. She kept walking before accidently bumping into a large, handsome man. "Oof!" She fell to the ground as the man didn't even flinch. "Geez... what hit me?" The twenty-one year old asked as she looked up to see concerned blue eyes.

"Oh my gods, I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going." The orange haired man, dressed in the clothes of a hero, held his hand out to the fallen girl. "My name's Hercules. Are you alright?" He pulled a blushing Rea up as she tried not to gaze too long at the handsome man.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." Rea stuttered, rubbing the back of her head. She was acting very strangely around this man, almost like she had a bit of a crush.

Lulu smiled a bit at her as they walked. She saw her bump into the muscular man and looked at her as the guy helped her up. She didn't say much but noticed how Rea was reacting. She didn't really understand it fully but had an idea of how Rea was feeling. She looked up at the man and sighed, refusing to speak. She didn't really have anything to say to this man, Hercules. He seemed like a nice guy so she didn't feel a need to worry. He looked nice and was more than happy to help Rea up. Unlike Rea she didn't really act silly, she just wanted to find her family as that was more important to her than any guy could be.

Hercules nodded and was about to move on when Rea stopped him. "Hey, um, while I have you here, have you ever seen a young girl, blonde hair, brown eyes, short, may respond to Lucy?" She asked, concern in her eyes, though she was still blushing a little.

The handsome man had to think about it for a minute. "No, I don't think I've seen a girl like that. Sorry." He gave a small smile before seeming to realize something. "Oh, I never got your name. Would you mind telling me?" He asked, his blue eyes curious.

Rea blinked before blushing a bit deeper and coughing into her fist. "I'm so sorry! I must of forgotten to introduce myself... I'm Rea." She gave a small smile and held out her hand. Hercules smiled a bit wider and shook the hand, bowing a little to Rea. After the introduction, he left hoping to see Rea again soon.

Aaron had finished stabilizing the ship, but he needed a few more components to properly fix it. While he was looking for the girls, he found Rea blushing and smiling as a man, much stronger looking than him he noted, bowed to her and asked to see her later. A protective flare flamed in his chest as he walked over, seeming mad. "Who was that?" He asked, a tiny growl in his voice.

Lulu sighed and watched the two talk, slight pout on her face. It was like she wasn't there, then again she just looked like a kid so why would anyone notice? She looked between the two before pulling out her staff to polish the orb on top. As Aaron walked over and seemed angry she looked up. She blinked a bit. "apparently his name is Hercules. Not that nice of a guy," she then mumbled to herself, "Not like anyone ever notices a kid anyways." She frowned as she stood there, not really liking the fact that she had been ignored. She recognized the look in Aaron's eyes and sighed, she'd seen it a few times in the eyes of villains...Jealousy.

Rea heard Lulu's comment and kicked herself. "Oh shit, sorry Lucinda. I was a bit... distracted. I completely forgot to introduce you." She gave the blonde an apologetic look before turning a colder one to Aaron. "He's just a guy, Aaron. I asked for info, he didn't have any. Why do you care so much?" She asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"He could have been dangerous. You never know, he might be working with the heartless!" Aaron argued, crossing his arms across his chest. "Besides, I just came here to tell you that we need parts that I don't have. So unless one of you two knows where a mechanic shop is around here, we're stuck." He narrowed his eyes a bit, though his hand twitched, wanting to take Rea into his arms.

"Great... And did he look like he worked with the heartless?" Rea asked, a biting edge in her voice. She glared at Aaron before sighing. "Well, it looks like we're going to be stuck here for a little while, Lucinda. Is there anything in particular you want to look for? I heard that there were a few magic shops here... They might have some things to help you with your magic?" The older girl smiled, trying to lessen the angry mood for their younger friend.

"It's fine, I'd rather go explore on my own," Lucinda grumbled, "besides I have stuff to do on one of my staves. I doubt he was working with those creatures.....Doesn't look like the type." She then started to walk off, annoyed with Rea more than anything. She didn't think much of Aaron, after all she didn't like him. She seemed to be almost stomping off. She started to mumble to herself as she walked, polishing her staff's orb. She couldn't help but be angry, it always seemed like she was the one being left out, or maybe it was just the over-protective nature of everyone around her. Before they could catch up she started to run down some alleyways, getting away. She found a quiet spot and sat down, starting to work on casting only small spells to work on control. She took deep and calming breaths as she sat there and carefully controlled a flame in her hand.

Rea was about to follow Lucinda only to be pulled back by Aaron. "She'll be fine on her own." The brunet told the girl, keeping her from following. Rea sighed and decided to leave Lucinda alone, walking off in a different direction. She nearly went back at least twice before finally deciding to head towards some of the shops in the town, hoping to buy a few more supplies before they left.

Meanwhile, a man found the blonde practicing magic and walked up to her. "I see a young mage has found her way to a quiet practice area." The black haired boy was around Lucinda's age with piercing blue eyes.

Lucinda was sitting there practicing as the young man found her. She nearly jumped but managed to control herself. She glanced up at him. "Oh, so I'm not invisible. Good to know," she mumbled still hurt from everything that had gone on. She thought he was a little cute but she didn't really know what to say as she dispelled the flame and sat there. She picked up her staff and polished the orb some more, which she did when she was nervous or unsure of what to do. "Who are you?" she asked.

The boy hesitated, unsure of himself. "To be honest... I don't really know." He smiled, rubbing the back of his head. "All I remember is waking up here and some spells." He created a small ice spell to show that this was the truth. "I'm sorry I can't really introduce myself, but I'd love to know your name." He gave a genuine smile, interested in the girl with the staff.

Lucinda looked at him and was a bit surprised. "Ah...well My name's Lucinda. People call me Lulu for short," She said as she stopped polishing the orb, "So....since you don't know your name...how about we just pick one for you?" She gave him a warm smile as she stood there. "Even a made up name is better than no name!" It was the first time she'd met a fellow magic user.

The black haired boy lit up at that. "Really? You would do that for me?" He smiled before sitting back. "Thank you so much! Well, what kind of name do you think I should have?" He seemed very excitable as he bounced in place. "It has to be something awesome like Blaze or maybe Roku or, or..." He gasped as he seemed to come up with the awesomest name yet. "Lighting Blaze God of Roku the Third!" He gave a superhero pose, almost a bit too serious about this. "Protector of all mages and their right to practice magic!"

Lulu started to laugh and smiled at him. "I like the name Roku, " she laughed, "You're quite silly. Kinda like I want to be! You remind me of one of my uncles!" She grinned at him, "I think we're going to be the best of friends!" She couldn't help but smile and be cheerful, there was something about him that she liked. She took his hands and held onto them for a few moments. "hmmm we need a symbol for our friendship!"

The boy smiled. "Than Roku it is! I've never had a best friend before though..." He thought when she mentioned something to be a symbol of their friendship. "I've got it! Here." He took off one of two bracelets he was wearing. Both had a strange star fruit shape to it. "You can have this. It's one of the only things that I have that was found with me... I have the other one. The fruit charm means that we'll always be connected no matter how far apart we get!" The black haired boy put the bracelet, gold with a yellow charm, on Lucinda. The other one, his, had a blue charm on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.