Scrapyard Dogs: A Spacepocalypse RP

Really needs to get laid and just relax though, maybe ol' Jace up there can help her out? I'll ask him later."
That's a point: are we running on Mass Effect levels of human-to-alien relationships here, or what?

Nailed Jace. XD

While I think the best character-to-character thoughts/interpretations will come from the RP itself, here's Minrah's periphery views on the crew.

Sen Blue:
"The captain of our 'merry' vessel. I've met a few in my time, and so far Sen's been one of the more…optimistic. She doesn't really talk about herself all that often, but she keeps the med-bay well stocked and even takes the time to come down and see the injured every so often, so I have nothing to complain about. It's kind of odd being under the command of so young a human, but it's not the strangest thing I've seen on this job…"

Killian Crowe:
"I don't have "pleasure" of Killian's company in the med-bay all that often; there's so many bits of metal and wire running through that man that I sometimes have to treat him in engineering while they fix him up. I'll admit he's a hell of skirmisher, but he has the confidence of one too. It's the kind of confidence that will get a person killed…Well, assuming his drinking and smoking tendencies don't do him in first. I'll never understand how he stomachs that stuff."*

(*No offence to anyone who does drink/smoke: Minrah's profession as a doctor made her adverse to those kind of things. Might also explain why she's so grumpy all the time, though.)

Aideen:
"Ahh, Aideen. Fiercely loyal and dangerous, she's the absolute picture what the Morino call "Razor Hounds," though her species goes by a few names. If she were back home, I have no doubt she would be the head of her pack, though she seems happy enough to follow Killian. He does a good job caring for her, but I'm happy enough to put what Grandmother taught me to use if she needs a check up."

Alexei Stukov:
"By all the good will of every Holy Mother…this one is danger to himself and all around him, and his frequent visits to the med-bay is the least obvious evidence of this. I received basic mental assessment training as part of my profession, but I wouldn't have needed it after seeing him in battle. He had just finished some new kind of grenade, and began cackling like a mad man after seeing its success, laughing as bullets whizzed around us. It was…intimidating.
The oddest thing about him is that you wouldn't have guessed how unstable he can be by just talking to him: he can be pretty intense, and extremely focused, but he's friendly enough. He may be an asset to the ship, but you need to keep an eye on him when he's about jump into the fray. Still, he seems to appreciate my treatments, so at least he's a grateful patient."

Isaac Darvey:
"There's a sorry soul if ever there was one. Isaac visits are most often related to a long-term PTSD issue, and are kept securely under wraps. The entire crew, myself included, has some trouble sleeping sometimes because of our line of work, but I have to make sure I keep an extra few bottles of medication nearby for the ex-soldier. Drugs can only take the edge off the issue however: I try my best to help him work through the cause of the issue, but I've always been better at treating bullet wounds than anything else. Despite all this, he seems stable enough, barring a slight desensitisation to conflict and violence."

Levi Merrick:
"I don't know him very well other than he's a good fighter, but I do know that his vendetta against the Gronus is liable to get him hurt one day. It's true that the IMPF are fond of recruiting them, thus we come to blows with them more regularly then I'd like, but still…in any case, he seems fairly attached to the crew, so he's reliable as one can expect."

Jason "Jace" Adamant:
"I suppose every ship needs a clown…
In all seriousness, Jace at least knows how to cut the tension, even if he has to do it with an inane comment. He's cautious enough to AVOID starting fights, but I've seen to him in the med-bay a few times; in one instance, he actually managed to anger Mabel somehow. I don't care to ask, but if my years of study into the human anatomy tell me anything, Mabel was attempting to hinder his ability to procreate. Maybe she was worried whatever offspring he bore would also be jokers?
In any case, I've avoided his attempts to drag me out for drinking. I get that the bonding exercise between crew is common, but I like to think that helping to sustain his life makes that unnecessary. I suppose the gesture is welcome, though."

Klayo Zudfel:
"My professional opinion? Her early life experiences, and in particular the death of her parents, have manifested themselves into recklessness. If the hints about her parent's being into some sort of criminal activity are to be believed, maybe she sees acting rashly as a way of emulating them? In any case, she makes a valuable skirmisher, if only because of her willingness to go along with risky plans.
My personal opinion? If she's going to throw herself into the path of danger, she could at least PRETEND to take my warnings seriously. My word, the number of times I had to patch her up after some reckless stunt…"

Minrah Laka:
"That's me, making it day by day. By the Mothers, I miss the water. When was the last chance I had to go for a proper swim? My feelers are going to be numb by the time they get submerged if the only water they see are from the ship's wash facilities."

Mabel "Grease Monkey" North:
"One of the engineers, and a "spirited" one at that. She's about as rude as can be, and calling her a private kind of person would be an understatement. Despite the mouth on her, she's pretty proficient at what she does, even if that involves the use of her flamethrower. I've never actually properly treated her or Q: both insist that they can fix whatever damage they take by themselves, and often retreat to their quarters to do so. It's odd, but Sen Blue seems to trust them, so I won't pry."

Q:
"The polar opposite of Mable. Q is silent as the grave, to the point where she drifted into the med-bay and I didn't realize for a solid minute. Like I said, I've never PROPERLY treated her: I've fixed up a few scrapes here and there, but never gave her anything substantial. This can be attributed to both her immense skill in battle, and the enigmatic nature of Mabel and her. Still, it's not my place to wonder; as long as the captain has no objections, I'm fine to leave them to whatever secret they have.
Her TRS is interesting, though. I'm more familiar with Morino medicine then our technology, but it definitely bears all the signs of Morino influence. I would ask where she found such a thing, but silence would be my only answer, so there's no point to going on that fool's errand."

Helium Sun:
"Quite the odd crewmate, being a merchant with the heart of a skirmisher. It's an effective combo, though, as the many deals she secured is evidence of. Sometimes has an issue when working in a team, and has an even bigger issue of learning when a risk isn't worth it, both of which has her landed her in the infirmary a few times. I suppose her historian side is an admirable trait, though the human saying of "curiosity killed the cat" comes to mind." Still, her work is one of the reason the med-bay never runs out of pain killers, so I have to be thankful.

Special note to @Donk: just say if stuff I wrote about Isaac isn't accurate/to character, I was just kind of feeling my way around.

That's a point: are we running on Mass Effect levels of human-to-alien relationships here, or what?
if so, it seems the morino is the ME equivalent to asari, haha; btw is there only one morino on the crew?

I suppose her historian side is an admirable trait, though the human saying of "curiosity killed the cat" comes to mind."
the other half of the quote is "but satisfaction brought it back" , so it definitely holds true (^;

Reactions: Baddamobs
I have edited my CS just a tad, adding stuff about Aideen

if so, it seems the morino is the ME equivalent to asari, haha; btw is there only one morino on the crew?
Yes. And Jace wants to help her loosen up. Maybe. Not quite sure how that's going to play out yet.

Yes. And Jace wants to help her loosen up. Maybe. Not quite sure how that's going to play out yet.
good luck on that endeavour Jace, i'm sure Helium won't mind helping him out and playing the wingman (^:

on another note, I just realized Helium was the gas and not the sun (aka HELIOS) .......... I can just picture Helium pickin out a name for herself (because she is definitely not the type to use her given name) and thinking Helium = Helios and now every time she meets someone with half a brain science-wise they ask her why her name is the GODDAMN GAS FOR BALLOONS

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Stukov would help, he'll gladly help! (I do not know how well Stukov's "help" will go, fair warning)

I'll post my thoughts on the crew in a day or two. I don't have much time right now.

Sen's thoughts on her crew.

Isaac: "I belive in him. His experiance makes him an invaluable asset in battle, and his hatred of the IMPF makes him loyal. I like both aspects of him. The PTSD is a shame, but I put tranqualizers in the medbay for a reason. Someone ought to use them for something useful."

Stukov: "I'm sure he means well, but it's still creepy that he asks me for live prisoners. I don't like the noises that come out of there at night. Of course, when he shows me what he's been working on, it doesn't help things..."

Mable: "While short tempered, she's an expert in her field. She tries to assert her dominance whenever possible. Even went so far as to try and pick a fight with me. Though it didn't last long, it was one if the few fights I enjoyed in my life. Shame she's not liable to try it again..."

Q: "Despite the strange feeling of nostalgia I get whenever I see her, I do enjoy her company. She doesn't talk. Which means she doesn't ask questions. Like all my crew, she's effective, which is good. I could ask no less in those I send to their deaths..."

Jace: "I hired him for his skill in battle, yet seem to keep him for his sense of humor. Levity is something that keeps my crew sane, and he is the one to provide it. We have enough phychopaths. He's my insurance to prevent more."

Helium: "While I'm not sure she herself knows what she wants to be, I know what she's good at. She's the only reason we make money, and yet I'm the only one who seems to know. A real shame. She deserves more respect than she gets."

Killian: "Now, I don't mean to judge. We're all criminals of some kind or another. However, I find myself uncomfortable knowing he escaped from a prison. We all live with the risk, but to know that he's been inside... I don't like it."

Aideen: "I hate that dog. It tries to kill me every chance it gets. Worst part is that it knows it's not going to be stopped. I can't kill it or Killian will cut my throat in my sleep. Nobody's convincing him to give it up. Guess I'll just have to deal with it..."

Minrah: "There's a reason I spend most of my time with the wounded. She is the only being on this ship, seemingly in the universe, who agrees with my philosiphy. Not only that, but she's facinating to talk to. The Morinus are an interesting people with an interesting culture. I am proud to have her on board my ship."

Levi: "I can appreciate his sentiment and I can respect his skill, but such anger at an entire race is simply unfathomable, to me. I cannot understand his anger. The Gronus have some horrible things collectively, but I know they are good. I just know it."

Klayo: "That woman scares me. Her reckless attitude combined with her carelessness have me worried for both our safety. However, I don't feel that she is suicidal. It's just how she's fought her whole life. And that thought saddens me."

Isaac doesn't need tranquilizers when he has copious amounts of booze to drown his sorrows in.

Reactions: Romaan
Stukov: "I'm sure he means well, but it's still creepy that he asks me for live prisoners. I don't like the noises that come out of there at night. Of course, when he shows me what he's been working on, it doesn't help things..."
My good captain, no one who asks for live prisoners, especially those who take a particular love in designing weapons of hopefully mass destruction, ever mean well! Well, not for the prisoners, at any rate.

Reactions: Thomas McTavish
Helium: "While I'm not sure she herself knows what she wants to be, I know what she's good at. She's the only reason we make money, and yet I'm the only one who seems to know. A real shame. She deserves more respect than she gets."
helium gonna make it rain 4 the squad (if you aint talkin money i dont wanna talk)

edit: our squad's theme song tbh

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I could see Jace playing this in his TRS during battle, with a radio option set up for the others to tune in if they wanted to lighten up the mood. Occasionally he'd use his hacking implant to blare it over the Dawson's Christian intercom system and dancing with Helium, being rejected to dance by Minrah, and winding down by slugging a shot of the strongest drink on board as the song ended.

Stukov would help, he'll gladly help! (I do not know how well Stukov's "help" will go, fair warning)
good luck on that endeavour Jace, i'm sure Helium won't mind helping him out and playing the wingman (^:
The thought of Minrah being completely oblivious to all of this amuses me to no end.

Isaac doesn't need tranquilizers when he has copious amounts of booze to drown his sorrows in.
Should I remove the bit about him seeing Minrah for meds?

To be honest, Isaac keeps that sort of thing to himself. He isn't one to go around saying 'HEY LOOKIT ME I GOT PTSD Y'ALL.' Sure, you might see him acting a little funny from time to time, but if he's ever fucked up, he'll be drinking in his bunk. Alone.

i cry evertiem

To be honest, Isaac keeps that sort of thing to himself. He isn't one to go around saying 'HEY LOOKIT ME I GOT PTSD Y'ALL.' Sure, you might see him acting a little funny from time to time, but if he's ever fucked up, he'll be drinking in his bunk. Alone.

i cry evertiem
11/10 Would cry again

Meanwhile, those live prisoners are rapidly becoming not so live prisoners with their own PTSD cases, for as long as they got left. That little statement is becoming more and more canon the longer I consider it.

I could see Jace playing this in his TRS during battle, with a radio option set up for the others to tune in if they wanted to lighten up the mood. Occasionally he'd use his hacking implant to blare it over the Dawson's Christian intercom system and dancing with Helium, being rejected to dance by Minrah, and winding down by slugging a shot of the strongest drink on board as the song ended.
oh but imagine the sad montages w this cheery tune playing (movie scene where Jace presses the button on his little old stereo playing the song before he sits on his bed, head in his hands, anyone?) after perhaps one of the crew dies on a mission and everyone is upset and angry and crying haha i love angst

edit: btw when are we starting the rp

When I get around to making the thing. I'm on vacation, so I can't get to a computer. Sorry.

Reactions: Romaan