School of the Mystic OOC&Sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not specifically this event, it's a general observation I've had for a while now.
If I had wanted people to do as I wanted I would have written a novel on my own. It's the focal point on such a select group that bugs me. There's a cute little fox running around, a excited lycanthrope, and many more that deserve a bit of the lime light. But somehow the focus is on a select group of characters in the OOC. That is what bothers me. Unless we make it a deal that those characters are the point of view for the roleplay I do hope a bit of chatter can be spared towards other characters, without the writer themselves having to go 'here did you see what I just did?'

I agree with @Olissa on this and I apologize on my part.. Let's be a bit more welcoming to the other charries and use our other characters to have them interact with each other ^_^ I mean for all we know, our one-sidedness could be intimidating the rest from posting here.. We also have a lot to talk about in the OOC too (Like, "Help! Killian and Eris are about to rumble in school D': Is Jill just going to watch?").

Also and more importantly, I'd like to give cookies to our newcomers @Windsong and @WitchesRayvyn for mentioning (or simply including in their post) references to other characters. ^_^ That's the way to go, you go Glen Coco!

I'm sorry for not being more a part of the OOC. Even though I work from home I have a hard time keeping up with what's going on OOC lol because y'all post so fast! And There are so many things about the characters posted here outside of their CS and I like to be surprised IC since there would be no way for Iris to know what I, as her....creator and player, would know. I can kind of understand why certain characters have become the main focal points of the both the IC and the OOC, mostly because the characters a little or a lot more social then others. It can be hard to RP with someone if their character doesn't like to be around people. And I will admit, when I first signed on I was a little afraid of my character being ignored because she she is antisocial and takes time to open up to people and as @Kimu11 put it, a little intimidated by all the one-sidedness of what seemed to be already formed couples, friends, or rivals, though of course if they've known each other for a year or more that's understandable. I just didn't feel like there was a place for Iris, though I'm determined to carve one out for her :)

I really really like the idea of this RP and I'll stick it out to the end. Oh and just so everyone knows, I do plan on having Iris attend the gala, though she'll probably be very wary of everyone for a while longer, which is understandable given her past.

*huggles @WitchesRayvyn * Iris will get some love all right whether she likes it or not >w< By the way.. Admittedly, I was secretly excited, rooting for, and hoping she'd end up with "someone in particular here"...... *resists urge to give clues*

*pins Kimu down and demands that he gives clues*

I LIVE ON SHIPS, COME ON.

Once I get steadily posting for Jack again along with Inkie, I might see if I can't add another charrie ;c
I newbie maybe, or somebody in the 1st year? At least then when classes start there'll be moar people togethers...

*laughs and returns @Kimu11's huggles* She probably won't appreciate that at first but I know I will heh....oh no...now you have to tell me or I'll be wondering about it FOREVER!!! *jumps up and down* tellmetellmetellme! *holds her hands over Iris's ears* Now she'll never know and you can totally tell us!

Oh just spill the beans below a spoiler tag or so XD that way it's up to their own choice to read or not.
But yes, predetermining all kinds of things, friendships, relationships, etc, is fun for planning and devilishly forcing a character into a funny situation, but it has a tendency to scare off people and leave very little room for creativity. Agreeing to possible intricate relationships is all good, as long as it doesn't overshadow everything. So let's work on a broader more free range RP hm? :)

As for Killian and Eris, sorry, can't send Yala that way, even if she didn't stand opposite Felix right now, otherwise she would have instructed them to go to the training area where they'd be able to knock each others teeth out to their hearts content. (just 'cause there's rules doesn't mean fighting isn't a frequent thing XD)

There we go, first page updated with all the latest characters and participants.
Vinyl Felix doesn't have a last name registered anymore in the char sheet. What is the school to call him, formally I mean?

21m9ai9.jpg

Ssssssssip..

At least there's plenty to read when I'm here at work.

*runs away from @Vinyl and @WitchesRayvyn and hides behind @Olissa *

NOOOPE! XD I'm giving the other guys a chance! You know, so they won't think Iris is already reserved. The more the guys don't know, the better. That way, there's a possible chance for... UNPLANNED RIVALRY and HEARTBREAK. MUAHAHAHAHAHA! >:D

*laughs* Oh gods...you're totally setting the stage for potential drama!! Poor poor Iris..she won't know WHAT to do.

@Windsong That's so true X'D Strangely enough, I sort of imagine your character as Gemini from HoN for some strange reason..

@WitchesRayvyn perhaps he will comfort her? <3

Awwwww now you're just being mean @Kimu11 !!! *sniffles and pouts but is kind of glad you're not telling her because she likes surprises*

Astor, got it ^0^

And you could in theory give a hint, below a spoiler tag. Noting too obvious, but not something as vague as 'it's a guy' XD 'cause that much they already know.
I might have to keep a list somewhere (offline perhaps) of who's possibly being mixed up with who.
Though you peeps would need to refresh my memory for a few of them. As well as any possibilities of other couplings with the same character. So the variety remains open.

GONNA GO POST FOR JACK AND SEBBY. *charges out of the OOC like a rhino*

Well that's interesting XD *takes a photo of rhino Vinyl*

@Ali: POSTED, FINALLY.

It's a little choppy, though ;c
*sits in the writer's corner and pouts*

Jack used Ego Attack~

Last edited by a moderator:
uh oh, if he takes the challenge and goes along down with her I'll have to pull out all the stops early on in the RP XD
('cause, obviously speaking someone at some point would have gone down anyway :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.