School of the Mystic OOC&Sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool image. Can't wait to see the finished character. Just make a post when it's done

Oh right, I knew I was forgetting something with the additional information XD All the options for the 'Choice' classes XD
Will do that when I'm at a PC and can access my hardrive.

This is probably the most thought out school rp I've ever seen, nnnnghhh <3
I saw it and was like -
tumblr_inline_mq4rqvhzpf1qz4rgp.gif

Can't wait for it to staaart ;n;

Well originally it was very basic. But I've been turning this into a novel so I wrote out all 83 students, the class schedules, the optional classes, faculty, history and secrets of the school as well as designed the stairways, and how the compound roughly looks, though aside from the basics it's flexible as to what you'd find there :P

Pluviophile's vampire/fledgling school roleplay is quite thought out as well and detailed too in case you're looking for more of the like ;)

O.O That sounds like...a lot. Kudos to you, all the kudos, and the cookies ( > 0 _ 0)>
Also, ooo...I might check it out, except for I generally dislike vampires *cough*biteme*cough*
Are they the "revamped" kind or the traditional vampire-y monster kind?
(Sorry for the blood curling puns I have a serious issue)
(it hurts)

Sounds awesome! If it's possible, I will definitely join up!

Haha well not everyone likes the same things.
I could try and give a summary, but you would probably be better off going over to the thread. What I know is it has been based off of a book or series of books if I recall it correctly. House of Night.

And thanks, it ended up as one of my babies in terms of roleplays and stories XD

@groundporkchops this is still most definitely open for more students, so if you want, you are more than welcome to join in

So with races, am I able to choose something like a skin walker? A yee naaldlooshi ? Does it have to be vampires or otherwise?
I'm on a mobile and the first info post will not load for some reason.. >:(

No, you can be basically anything, vampire is just something I had a very specific note about for the ages.
As for skinwalkers I will request to limit it to only one type of animal.

Like the headmistress changes into an owl and other birds if she so desires.
If you would chose a skinwalker as race then I will ask of you to also only choose one type, like felines, canines, etc. and being a student means the powers of shifting are by far from perfect.

Reactions: 2 people
@Olissa Awwww :') Shameless advertising for Ali <3 <3 <3 Love you :'3

Edit :O
I'm going to make two characters c: Just so you know ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_haired_anime_girl_by_sasukexsariya-d5fqgqt.jpg

3773924.png

Female

Blood Demon
348oaj7.png

Power
Eris has only ever been surrounded by dark things; this causing her to develop dark powers. She has many of the lower hierarchy powers and is attempting to develop a few of the higher hierarchy ones. She is able to move things with her mind, read minds, resurrect or heal another (if a deal is made for a soul) and with tremendous focus, possess a humans body. Most of her skills steam from the base of her nature as a blood demon. In order to use her abilities, a blood sacrifice of her own or another must be made, however, her own body thrives off the pain of wounds and revels in the feeling of lost blood. A fully healed body is pretty much Eris's weakness.

• Telepathy
• Telekinesis
• Deals
• Bodily Possession
• Ebrokenesis
348oaj7.png

Appearance
Eris has always been on the "rebel" appearance side of the spectrum. She has her beautiful features of slightly past shoulder length, midnight purple hair, as well as crystal blue eyes; but, she lacks the bone structure to adorn her face and body. She stands at the height of 5'9' and weights approximately 137 pounds. She tends to wear large baggy sweaters, cropped black shirts with lacing on the back, and skinny jeans; either in the colours of white or black. She does like to have a status symbol of wearing incredibly high 6inch heels anywhere she goes, more often the not; studded, black, and with dangling chains. While wearing these shoes, she reaches the height of 6'0'. She tends to have a cigarette in her hands most times, and according to the things she was told by the headmistress when she showed up with amnesia, she isn't going to die anytime soon from smoke inhalation.

Personality
For such a darkened person, she is normally quite cheery. Not to say she walks around skipping with flowers and butterflies; no, but she does have a pleasing disposition about her that most people can't seem to get enough of. Eris is a HUGE daredevil, and when I say huge, I mean it. She will do anything for the thrill of it. Adrenaline gives her the feeling of control and simplicity, as silly as that sounds. Eris's friends tend to say she is an overall nice person with quite a disregard for the rules. She's most often in the head mistresses office getting berated for something she shouldn't have done, which has caused her to gain quite the "bad girl" image in the school. Some days, Eris will completely cut herself off from everyone and spend time to herself in her room; these are the days where her dark gifts and scratching at her mind. Being born as a demon was difficult enough, but ever since she discovered the true heritage of her demonic life, she hasn't be mentally 'there' on certain days.

History
Eris's childhood had been very different from any normal humans childhood, perhaps even any other supernatural beings childhood. She wasn't necessarily born, rather then summoned by blood sacrifice; thus reforming her heritage as a 'Blood Demon'; or one who must thrive off injury and pain of their own or others to survive. Shortly after birth -of sorts- she had found herself surrounded by unfamiliar faces, all curled into lusting looks. Her immediate reaction was shock, and confusion as to how she had once again found a body. She soon realized these humans had summoned her into the dead body of an old comrade. Clearly weak, and not used to being in a real body, Eris wasn't in any shape to escape. She had decided at that moment, to get the attention of one, in order to bring down many. In her mind, this involved seducing this man. She found her way to a nearby room in order to "make a deal" with this man, which ended up, her killing the man for strength in his blood. Shortly after her exit from the room, she fell to her knees, weakened and shaking, confused and worried. She had deduced that his blood had been poisoned, and all in good preparation. How could she have been stupid enough to think humans would summon a demon such as herself without first taking counter-agreement preparations. Slowly fading and confused, Eris passed out. When she awoke, she was met with the site of large evergreen trees and a dirt path. Clearly an incredibly isolated place where anyone would choose to dump a dead body. Problem was, poison wasn't exactly a 'killer' in the demonic world. Eris awoke, sat up, and stayed there for more then 5 hours...in the same position...thinking...who? Who was she? Where is she? What...is she? Eris looked down to her hands, turning them around like a doctor examining a new experiment. She was met with normal hands, however finger coated in blood, only the tips, and dripping down onto her palms. Confused, she finally got up and continued to walk up the old, dirt and stone path. She passed through a small town at first, only to be met with the site of a humongous mountain face, incredibly tall and beautiful; however what she saw at the top, paled the mountains in comparison. Large pine oak wooden doors that seemed to lead into a large, and beautifully adorned white wood building. One with many glass windows and a beautiful exterior. Intrigued, Eris decided to enter...hoping that this place would shed some answered on her newly acquired amnesia.

348oaj7.png

Other
Eris has a simple ability to manifest a weapon. But only one weapon. It is a scythe. The handle itself is two meters long with a massive curved and serrated blade adorning the edge. Eris acquired the ability to manifest this demonic weapon from an old friend -now enemy- Jillian Wynters. When in extreme situations, Eris has the ability to shift her appearance and embrace her heritage as a demon. Her hair will grow exceptionally long and begin to drape over her newly tattooed skin, which has started to appear over the transformation. Dark purple bones will protrude from her skin, into spiral formations over both her temples, her arms and her legs. The bone patters on her legs transform into high-heeled boots. Most of her transformed outfit is out of the dark purple bone that breaks from underneath her skin. The outfit itself almost resembles a Trojan warriors outfit back in ancient Greece. As the last part of the transformation, Eris's teeth and nails will grow exceptionally long (much like her hair), coming to sharp points; her body will begin to decay and bleed, bringing on the true nature of a blood demon.

scythe.jpg

2likchl.jpg
727643-bigthumbnail.jpg

mazbeu.jpg

9rrexj.jpg

vocaloid%20gloves%20blue%20eyes%20long%20hair%20topless%20purple%20hair%20teeth%20anime%20boys%20kamui%20gakupo_www.wall321.com_84.jpg

348oaj7.png

Eris is in her 5th year.

anime-girl-with-long-blue-hair-pink-girls-x-quality-1089065.jpg

3773940.png

Female
Witch

idyh4z.png

Power

Jillian has the power to manipulate the elements to her will. She can move Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, as well as divvy off sub-elements. She is still learning not to over exert herself, so just using these abilities for more then 15 minutes will weaken her to the point of near hospitalization. She can use these abilities as sub-elemental control; i.e. ice, lightning, poison, ect. Sub-elemental abilities can only be accessed through her "daggers" of which she can manifest and control against others. She can control regular elements with her hands, however they become twice as easy to control with the help from her daggers. Jillian's ultimate weakness is a small enclose space away from nature and the elements themselves. If Jill pushes her power far enough, she can transform a few of her selected daggers into full-fledged Scythes, a trick she picked up from her -now enemy- old friend Eris Croft.

•Can control Earth
•Can control Air
•Can control Fire
•Can control Water

idyh4z.png

Appearance
Jillian finds fun in conforming to the dress-code rules of Ogden Academy. She likes to sport the regular summer top, even in winter seasons, as well as the short -yet cute- skirt. Her hair is most always done up into an incredibly messy bun, holding together the tremendous locks of strawberry blonde hair she has. When her hair is down, it stretches far past her thighs and is an incredible pain. Jill is an average girl when it comes to height, she stands at 5'8 and doesn't have the desire to be any taller. Her eyes are a vivid light blue (a trait which she shared with a former best friend) and are always sparkling like the sun. Jill has a pretty and petite figure, but very boney legs, which have caused her to be the butt of some jokes. Her nails are always manicured into gorgeous designed, curtsey of a small little girl who does nails within the schools living quarters for a good price. Jillian has always been a major gamer, and likes to carry around a headset with her that has a universal connection set up.

Personality
Always with the happy and never with the sad. That's Jillian's motto. She doesn't enjoy ever being sad and can always be seen with a smile on her face. Most of the time, she likes to follow the rules, but times do come up when she will break from the conformity; most likely acquiring this trait from her old friend Eris. She is normally a very "down to earth" kinda' gal, and will sometimes even veer to the complete country side of her personality. Anger never seems to find Jill and she is quite easy to make friends with, even though she has a go with the flow kind of attitude. When she's not in site, Jill is gaming with her friends, or over the internet in tournaments. Recently she broke record to be one of the best girl gamers in her absolute favourite game: Left4Dead. Other then her gaming addiction, she is an obnoxious nerd with a loveable personality.

History
Jillian grew up in an incredibly loving family, ones who heritage was of witches themselves. However, they were only witch practitioners, ones who couldn't control the elements like Jillian could. They day she had discovered this, she ran to her parents in confidence about her new found ability. Astonished, her parents were baffled, amazed and scared all at the same time. In time, Jillian's parents decided to use her abilities for their own personal gain, things such as gardening, creating weather to deter them from going to work, and other things such as that. At first, Jillian was compliant, not seeing any bad in her parents doings. It wasn't until 3 and a half years after her discovery, her father came home quite distraught. His immediate attention was on Jillian. When he came face to face with her, he clasped his large rough hands on her shoulders. Jillian could easily smell the alcohol on his breath and looked away in disgust. In a hushed voice, he asked his only daughter to do the unspeakable. He asked her to kill his brother. Apparently, Jillian's' uncle had scorned her father at work, and fired him out of spite for a past dispute. Refusing instantly, Jillian ripped herself away from her fathers grasp and ran up to her room, tears filling her eyes. She could hear her father furiously following after her, thudding steps echoing on the wooden stairs to the second floor of their house. Panicked, Jill quietly squeezed herself into the small corner between her desk and bed. Her father had slammed open the door and began searching for her, only to grasp her by her hair and pull her to her feet. Never before had Jillian experienced this sort of rage in her father. Instinctively, she motioned for the bathtub in her attached bathroom, calling on her ability to manipulate the water. She had never before moved so much and only prayed to the goddess Hecate she could do it. Tears in her eyes and her body shaking, the water had obeyed her call, flowing towards her in a cascading rush of pressure, colliding with her father, causing him to fall back, let her go and pass out from the impact. Jillian wasted no time packing everything she'd need, and just as she had finished and was about to walk out the door, she heard her father start to shuffle upstairs. Scared out of her mind, she tore out the door, keys in hand and started her drive to the only place she had ever found in her research that would aid someone like her: Ogden Academy.

idyh4z.png

Other
Jillian's ability to manifest her elements into weapons comes in great handy when she needs to amplify her abilities. They are all useful tools for close up encounters with dangers towards herself. Since she is a witch, she has a "harm none, do as ye' will" policy, but Jill has always found that rule a little out-dated, especially when it comes to spiders or people meaning her harm.
HaleysTear-Wind.jpg
SpringEnvy-Earth.jpg
IgnitingGlare-Fire.jpg
EchoingOrigins-Water.jpg
UnheardAgony-Dark.jpg
LeafLeak-Light.jpg
ThunderFeather-Lightining.jpg
PaleSmile-Ice.jpg
Eros-Charm.jpg
JelousFang-Poison.jpg
Kitsune-Yuki-IceElemental.jpg
FlameTounge-FireElemental.jpg
NetShocker-LightningElemental.jpg
SacredFlight-LightElemental.jpg
QueenAzazell-DarkElemental.jpg
EighthStep-EarthElemental.jpg

Anima__Scythes_set_1_by_Wen_M.jpg
if4yzo.jpg

2yzdgky.jpg
profile_picture_by_animegirl1309-d72dmah.jpg

Braid.jpg

SilverHairedAnimeGirl.jpg

gaiaInvisableAnimeGirl.jpg
idyh4z.png

Jillian is in her 3rd year.

I'll have time later to read them
So far they seemed alright (briefly read the powers and smidgens of the rest.

Hmmm..I like this idea, but I like older people, could I be a teacher? If so, dibs on arts and crafts and drawing arts! I have the perfect character for it. He's 36 and a very skilled artist. If I can't be a teacher I'll give you...9/10 odds of me staying out, just to be honest. Also if I join, my significant other will probably join, too.

Unfortunately due to the nature of this particular roleplay I can't have teachers be more than NPCs.
If that means you and your SO won't join, that's very unfortunate, if there's a way to still maybe make this work (as students) then I'll state that 'older' students wouldn't be completely unheard of, just probably not very common and such.

If you don't mind playing vampires, Pluviophile has a fairly detailed school roleplay that does accept teachers, called House of Night.

Is it alright if my forms bear little more than lists and sparse sentences? I can flesh them out if you'd like. Just in general I dislike forms, prefer to rp the info out 0 - 0

Well, I brought this to her attention, so it's up to her from here. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.