• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fast. Also, hello, Rekt. c: I'll read through it and let you know!

It's good to see you around.
Awe. Good to see you too. I would never pass on playing in a historical vampire RP with you and Rook. You guys are awesome.

Haha. I don't know how fast I moved on this, really. I saw this a few days ago and was racking my brain on what to do. It finally came to me when perusing through pictures. Speaking of which I need to tag the artist's page on the bottom of the CS. And I find with these really cool div box CSes, that things move smoothly if you turn off rich text editor. I don't use it anymore. I mean, I have to learn bbcode, but it seems to not jank up anything.

Reactions: Dusk and kixinorbit
This rp has been up for a couple weeks now and it's finally gaining the traction it needs. :3 All the submitted characters so far seem interesting.

Reactions: kixinorbit
I have exactly five million and forty-two things to do today, but when I get home I will read over everything and get back to people. So far, I'm loving what I'm seeing!

EDIT: Closing sign-ups for now so we don't get totally overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acorn
The picture you chose for Ruadh's owl is fantastic.
Hah. Thanks! I was going to try to find a more intimidating and impressive one, but I saw that and immediately noped out of it. So, he'll be the most adorable owl. Actually, that entire species is pretty cute. They look like little cat owls. Surprised cat owls.

Reactions: kixinorbit
Owls are such majestic creatures. Seriously considering cropping/shrinking this one for mine.

bios1133866a.jpg

• Love
So many owls. Lala is gonna go crazy with all those birds :p

Pfffft. Never thought of that. Then again, the Pharaoh Eagle-owl (which is what I chose) is more likely to eat a Sandcat than the other way around.

Pfffft. Never thought of that. Then again, the Pharaoh Eagle-owl (which is what I chose) is more likely to eat a Sandcat than the other way around.

That's terrifying lol.

The interesting part is, they are almost identical in size. Sand cats average 29-36 inches in length, and Pharaoh Eagle-Owls average 28-30. Let us hope Samil and Lala never get into a spat.

• Useful
Reactions: envogue
The interesting part is, they are almost identical in size. Sand cats average 29-36 inches in length, and Pharaoh Eagle-Owls average 28-30. Let us hope Samil and Lala never get into a spat.

They have to now. Though, Lala may just sing to get her way. :p

I just pictured her trying to sing in her feline form and it resulting in this horrible, squeaky caterwaul. :rotfl:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Loving the owl squad here. Well, Owl Squad... and others. I looked it up because I couldn't remember how big the long-eared owls are, but they're pretty average at 15in. Makes sense that Ruadh would be an adorable, average sized owl.

Though, I feel like I missed an opportunity here to make a vampire from South America. His transformation could have been the potoo, the most majestic of birds.

f968b3489d932ce1148098a7f1a77b6d.jpg

Thank you for teaching me this stunning creature exists. I needed that laugh! I love owls for all the bizarre things they do and all the ridiculous expressions they have.

Haha. The potoo is the meme of birds. If you ever just need a laugh, type them into google images and just go to town. They are "majestic" creatures full of "wonder."

Owls are amazing. I love birds in general, though. I have one, and he's a little goober.

Also. I found this picture after I posted Ruadh, and I realized I should have used this picture of the long-eared owl.
00197-Long-eared-Owl-winking.jpg
This owl is literally saying: "I'm not drunk, you're drunk."

• Love
Reactions: KageKaioh
You know, researching the economic history of the Ottoman Empire is really hard when all you can think of is silly owls.

*gasp* You have one? I've always wanted one! Right now I have a ferret, which is great because they are super amusing, but I adore owls. Someday I will have one and I shall spoil it with love and all the mice it can eat.

On another note, Pharaoh Eagle-Owls almost always look very unamused. There are some gems like this, though:

bios474213a.jpg
71df4c7ac1c394cd6aacffbc44d7952c.jpg

Oh. Maybe I misstated. I have a bird, he's not an owl though. He's a green cheek conure. He's pretty small, and he likes it when I hold him like an ice cream cone. But in that vein, I love all birds. Always have. If you ever do decide to get a bird, cockatiels and green cheeks are good places to start. As they're pretty sweet and easy to maintain.

Haha. I had like ten tabs open yesterday researching Ireland's conflicts with Britain, the Spanish Armada, a tab on learning Gaelic, common first names and surnames of the 16th century, and the native animals of Ireland. So, I feel you.

omg. That first picture says to me: "Imma murder you. Wait until I get to you. You dead, son."

Lala was almost the lilac breasted roller, but I decided to go with a cat.

That is a gorgeous bird! I do think the Sand Cat is a better fit, though. A Lilac-breasted Roller is a tad conspicuous for north-eastern France.

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt Ah, I had misunderstood. I do think parakeets can be pretty, but to be honest, I really do not like them, or parrots, or cockatiels. All the ones I have met are loud, messy and none too friendly. I understand that all birds will be messy to some extent, but those kinds of birds seem to delight in destroying things and scattering the remains- all while shrieking.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.